• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 397 Views, 3 Comments

The New Pony in Town - RealHoboJak



Iris and her family just moved in to Ponyville.

  • ...
 3
 397

[1] Humble Beginnings

The sun was high over Ponyville, the town's denizens were up and about, in the town market browsing merchants goods, in the streets trotting throughout the town chatting with their family and friends. In the center of town was the town hall, where ponies would come to discuss town laws, organize social gatherings and where you can buy a house or land. Outside the town hall a rather large wooden cart, driven by a single stallion earth pony, halted in front of the building, inside the cart were stacks of boxes, some marked FRAGILE and others not. Also inside the cart were two ponies, one of which is a young filly unicorn, no older than ten with light grey fur, a long black mane and tail and blue eyes. The other, a much older mare earth pony, green eyed with turquoise fur and a beautiful matching silver tail and mane. "I'll head inside to fill out the paperwork, y'all should get out and stretch a bit, okay sweetie?" said the stallion, unhitching himself from the cart.

"Okay Ares, I'll wait here with Iris." The mare in the cart stood up, picking up the half awake filly with her back. She got off the cart and let her down. The black furred stallion nodded his head and trotted inside the town hall.

"Hey Mom? How long until we get to uncle Blade's house?" asked Iris. Her mother, Mayflower, yawned quietly, then turned to face her daughter.

"Soon baby, Dad is going to let the ponies at the town hall know where we'll be living while he and his brothers build our new house." She stood up and jumped in the cart to grab a book from a box, then returned to Iris. "Do you want to look at these again?" asked Mayflower.

Iris's eyes shot open in excitement, "Yeah!" said Iris. Her mother sat next to her and opened up the black book to reveal a gallery of photos. As Mayflower turned the pages revealing family photo's, one caught Iris's attention. "Oh Mom, do you remember that? That's us at Princess Twilight's coronation."

"Yeah, you were so happy to see that, which reminds me, do you know who lives here in Ponyville?" asked Mayflower. Iris didn't like these sort of questions, they made her remember a lot, she didn't have the best memory.

"Hmm. Well there's uncle Blade and aunt... um, what was her name? she asked herself, nervously stroking her mane. She does that a lot when she's nervous and/or can't remember stuff. "Oh yeah! aunt Olive with cousin Mable. Then there's uncle's Onyx and Obsidian, who are Dad's brothers. Um... am I missing anypony?" asked Iris. Her mother chuckled.

"Oh yes, you are missing one very important pony who lives here in Ponyville." she said with a smirk. "Okay let me help you. Who is the pony who beat Nightmare Moon and returned Princess Luna, and who defeated Discord, Sombra and Tirek within the last year?"

Iris was silent. Iris, ever since she could remember has loved magic, and recently has started to idolize the ex-element of magic and current princess of friendship. Princess Twilight Sparkle, Equestria's newest princess, apprentice of the lands great ruler, Celestia, and finally the one pony in existence to hold as much magical power as four alicorns at one time, which could combat all magic in Equestria, including the King of Chaos's magic. Iris, even at her age noticed stuff at that where other fillies and colts would only see as just a princess. "Seriously?! She lives here? Since when?"

"After she defeated Tirek a castle of crystal rose from the dirt and her and her friends thrones are. The reason we took that long road to get to Ponyville was so that you couldn't see it and spoil the surprise." said Mayflower with a chuckle. While she said that Ares finally returned from the town hall and trotted over to his wife and daughter.

"So I can see somepony's excited, and I can guess why." he said, Ares was quite the large stallion, given he was naturally stronger than two-thirds of the rest of his species, who had black fur and a short grey mane and somewhat long tail of the same color. "Did ya tell her about you know who?" he asked Mayflower. She nodded with a smile while staring at her, now bouncing in joy, daughter.

"So can we go see the castle? Please Dad, I'll be good I promise." pleaded Iris, while continuing to bounce. Her father was now joining his wife in laughter, he knew she'd be excited but not this excited. He looked at Mayflower then back to Iris.

"We can, but not until after we get settled at Blade's."

"Aww but-" she was interrupted by a flurry and confetti and a pink pony with a cotton candy mane.

"Welcome to Ponyville! My name's Pinkie Pie!" she said to the family, carrying a woven basket with cupcakes on her back. Iris eyed the cupcakes while Mayflower started to speak to Pinkie.

"Why thank you, Ms. Pie, my name is Mayflower Stone and this is my husband Ares Stone and my daughter Iris Stone."

"But you can just call me Iris!" Iris said moving to stand next to her mother. Pinkie smiled and knelt to face the young unicorn.

"Nice to meet ya Iris, you to Ares, you can call me Pinkie." she faced Mayflower. "So why'd you and your family move here?"

Mayflower smiled and said "We moved to have a quiet country life...and so Iris here can meet the pony she looks up to." Pinkie glanced toward Iris and she had begun smiling due to her being a reason to move. "And also we have family out here who are a lot closer to us than back in Manehattan."

"Ooh, you lived in Manehattan? Me and my friends were their recently because one of my friends was in big fashion show thingy, I don't remember exactly what it was, but it was a great city to visit." For the next half hour or so Pinkie talked to Mayflower while Iris returned to the cart with the photo album and basket of cupcakes, already about to eat one, and Ares re-hitched himself to the cart. After Pinkie left the family, they continued to drive the cart until they reached a two story house in the outer town limits of Ponyville. The cart pulled up to the front of the house where there was a filly playing outside.

"Mom! Dad! Uncle Ares and aunt Mayflower are here!" she yelled at the house, that was Mable, Iris's favorite cousin. Soon after Mable yelled, three darker furred stallions trotted out pf the front door. Ares unhitched himself and greeted the stallions.

"Brothers! How have you all been?" he asked. While Ares caught up with his brothers, Iris and Mayflower got out of the cart to greet Olive and Mable.

"Oh Mayflower! You look beautiful, how was the trip here?" asked the peach furred mare.

"Long and tiring but nothing that we couldn't handle." said Mayflower. Iris and Mable hugged each other, then turned torward the house to enter.

Author's Note:

The first chapter of my new story. Second is soon in production.
-How'd y'all like it? The next chapter will involve Iris more, this chapter was mainly for exposition and introducing characters that will be involved in the near future.

Comments ( 3 )

What's the title card from I can't remember it looks familiar

This is nice c:

Login or register to comment