• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,068 Views, 15 Comments

Memories of a Past Forgotten - Claudia Donovan



After her defeat, Queen Chrysalis reflects on her life.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,068

A Test Of New Talents

Kris was trembling by the time she got home. What was that... she called herself a Selkie? What was the Selkie talking about? Eating love? What the hay did that mean? She was terrified, she didn't want to be one of those things! She just wanted to be Kris.

Once she reached her room, she had calmed down slightly. Until she saw her reflection in the mirror, that is. She began sobbing anew, her eyes looked like the Selkie pony's, only blue green instead of the blood red. And was her fur turning gray? She was too young for that! She closed her eyes tight, not wanting to look at the new her, and thought back to that morning, before it all went wrong. When she opened her eyes, she gasped. She looked normal again! It must've been a nasty dream! She pranced in front of her mirror, but slowed to a stop. Her eyes flashed to show they had the feline pupil inside them still. She skittered away from the mirror in shock, and the facade her changeling powers had put up dropped, returning her to looking like Swiss cheese.

"If I think about it, I change back..." Crystal muttered to herself, concentrating on how she had looked that morning, and then changing back, repetitively for a few minutes. "I wonder if I can do other ponies..." She thought about the scary Queen Cocoon, and saw herself change to look like her.

"Amazing!" Crystal said, then her eyes widened. She had Cocoon's voice too! "Ooh hoo hoo hoo!" Kris laughed gleefully. So many possibilities!

"Um, Aunt Ruby!" Poof! "Cousin Jack!" Poof! "Ummm, Old Mare Jenkins!" Poof! Everypony she chose, and she became a perfect copy! She faded back to her true forme as she thought. Could she maybe... "Daddy." She closed her eyes, and felt her forme change to her father's, and then looked in the mirror, and she wept with joy. She had her father back, sort of. Maybe she could get her mother back too, if she did a little practicing...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After a few days, Crystal could imitate her father pretty well. Now to put it to the test.

"Sapphire darling, I'm back." She said, after steeling herself to really meet her mother again.

"O-Onyx?! You're alive?! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!" Her mother teleported herself to her 'husband' and embraced him.

Kris drew in an inaudible gasp as she was flooded with... light. Warm, soft, gentle light. It made her feel better than she had ever felt in her life! Was this what the changeling Queen meant? She could get used to this feeling, she really could.

Comments ( 8 )

I know it is short, but I'm having a bit of a block so I may as well share what I have down.

This is beautiful so far... Lets do it again. Why is it rated Teen, though?

559633

Durrr... I don't remember XD Intense swearing in equestrian? Extreme creepitude? I may change it to Everyone. I probably will.

581017

There was no "Equestri-Swearing" in the story, I believe, and it doesn't really seem creepy. :trollestia: Quack

583407

Oops! I meant Quack! :rainbowkiss: :yay:

Is this still alive?

Login or register to comment