• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,068 Views, 15 Comments

Memories of a Past Forgotten - Claudia Donovan



After her defeat, Queen Chrysalis reflects on her life.

  • ...
4
 15
 1,068

Prologue

"Ow... what... how did they do it? I... ow..." Queen Chrysalis moaned, rubbing at her head with one desiccated hoof. She glanced around the barren desert she had crashed into after being blasted by love. Honestly, it was insulting that a beam of affection brought her down, when she was a creature who fed off such feelings.

"How could this have happened? My plans were perfect! I can't believe I was defeated at my own wedding!" Chrysalis shouted, then gasped. Her wedding? Had she said that aloud? A quick glance showed not a single other Selkie in sight, and she sighed in relief. Her minions could never find out the truth about her past, she would be a queen no longer if they discovered that she had once been a regular unicorn filly, with the dream of getting married and having foals of her own someday.

Chrysalis dragged herself to her hooves, and walked to a small cave she had spotted when checking her minions were not nearby. Her whole body ached, and she nearly collapsed in the cave's mouth, but managed to make it to a flat rock and laid herself down upon it, groaning. She buried her head in her hooves, and sobbed gently. She didn't understand how her life had gone so wrong. Eventually, she fell into a fitful sleep. As she slept, her foalhood memories resurfaced in her mind, and took the stage in her dreams.

Princess Crystal, how long it had been since she had been called by that name...





Image by me, showing Chrysalis crying. She lost her crown in the crash landing.