• Published 4th Oct 2014
  • 694 Views, 9 Comments

The story of Parker, The Only Human - Novos



Part one of the trilogy: The stories of Novos. On a hunting trip in Africa takes an unexpected trip to a new world. To his suprise this new place may hold his future, with love, a family, and an angered gang.

  • ...
10
 9
 694

The Start Of A New Life

Chapter Two: The Start Of A New Life

What i wondered as I was suffocating is, why does it feel like wind rushing past you? And why can i still breathe through my nose when underground? Lets just say I regretted opening my eyes. As I did I got a view of a humongous city, apparently on the side of a mountain. Well what really mattered is I was about 2 miles above it, and falling fast directly towards it.

I had time though. I closed my eyes, and prayed my heart out. After finishing with this i apologized about all of my wrongs and then thought of what was most important at the moment, surviving.

The first thoughts running through my mind was 'OMGWTFHOWDOISURVIVETHIS'. I had no forward momentum so parkour rolling would do nothing, and besides i'd blow my ankles out. Then i remembered from the movie Iron Man, that when falling directly down do a kneeling stance and slam your fist next. Don't blame me, you'd do the same in that position.

I was about 2000 feet now and falling fast. That's when i noticed something incredible, my whole body was emitting a small blue flame. Then the back of my hands began to burn with the might of a super nova. I started screaming "AHHHHHHHHH! OHH CRAP!". When I looked back i had two blue flames on the backs of both my hands

'What is going on!, first i'm falling from 2 miles, second my body lights on a blue, harmless, fire.And if thats not enough, My hands have new tattoos and i'm falling toward an unidentified city.'

I looked back down and saw where i was going to land in the brightly colored city. On one side it looked like a regular city but from almost medieval times with a flair of modern structures and decorations. And on the other side was a castle, with many towers surrounding it, and two very large towers in the center, one with a sun(higher than the other), and another with a moon. And in the direct center of this castle was a very large garden. And I was headed straight towards it.

With seconds left, I took the 'iron man' stance and my blue flames raged on. And i smashed into the ground.

Celestias POV

'Today is absolutely wonderful' she thought with a smile before taking a second sip from her cup of tea.

Then a guard came, guiding Luna whom greeted me with a good morning. "Ahh, a wonderful day tis it not Tia?" she said with a smile.

I greeted her with an equal amount of enthusiasm. "Indeed it is Lulu! What are your plans for today?"

"Ohh nothing much my dear sister! All I have planned today was pranks, eating, nightcourt, and dream walking. Perhaps we could go on a walk through the gardens this afternoon?" Asked Luna , I knew she would be bored today, as always. Ever since her return from the moon a year ago, i still havent had the time to get her a day schedule. The only thing i could set back up is nightcourt, but the problem with this is that not many ponies come to night court.

"Of course Lulu, sha'll we have breakfast now?" I asked with a hint of humor.

Luna smiled sheepishly "Of course. hehe...." I giggled and rang the breakfast bell, to which 5 chefs came in.

A hefty cake filled breakfast later. They said their goodbyes and parted ways... Or, they were about to when both of the sisters ears sprang at attention. 'Something was coming, almost like a small comet.' Is all i got to think before a guard bust through the dining room doors.

"Princesses, an object is heading toward the canterlot gardens!" He shouted before going to gather more soldiers.

Me and my sister took a quick glance and nod at each other before shooting down the halls toward the gardens.

Parker's POV

The force, hit me like a pile of bricks. My whole body shook with the pressure of the immediate stop and my senses were doing circles, they were all flaming with pain. But what surprised me more than that was all these effects completely disappeared. And even though my body felt fine, I was terrified.

I opened my eyes to see that i was in a crater that was about 3 ft deep. And the area around me for about 15 ft was scorched. No doubt from the blue flamed explosion. But i was still in the 'iron man' stance when I looked up.

And that is what scared me more than falling or being on harmless fire. It was a legion of about 100 4-1/2 ft to 5-1/2 ft equines. Complete with armor, and spears. And even more scary is that in the very back was 2 giant equines. One a blinding white coat and a multi-colored main and tail, and the other with a dark blue coat with an even darker mane and tail. That was all I could get from this distance.

Then the realization hit me. I'm on an alien planet. Surrounded by colorful equines. And I showed it to. Too bad it was with tears. I cried my heart out, and not one of the ponies moved. All i could see from their facial expressions, through tears were confused glances. I dropped on my knees and starting yelling. "WHY GOD, WHY?! FISHER ARE YOU OK, CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?! SCOTTY BEAM ME UP?!"

I looked back down to see that i was slowly being flanked and the two colossi of ponies were making their way towards me. Ohh hell no, I wasn't about to get dissected by some equines. I ran as fast as i could for the small gap in the legion of ponies. And thankfully they were too slow to close it on me.

Then I heard a voice.... speaking english. It screamed "WAIT!". Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope, alien planet and someone is trying to stop you? Not worth it.

I continued my sprint, heading directly to the castle." My best bet is to get off this garden balcony and get to the lower levels so I can run out the city." Was my thought as I dodged and weaved through the 2 guards posted at the entrance to the castle. The last thing I heard was a regal shout "Subdue him, without violence!" Before I darted through the halls, going any way that seemed to have a downward slope.

It was ridiculous, seeing ponies in made outfits. Ponies with chef hats on. I couldn't help but laugh. Any alien planet. and it had to be this one, well at least i'm alive.

Just after the 3 minute mark of sprinting, I finally caught 2 giant doors. I headed directly toward them, expecting it to be held in i dropped kicked it with all of my might. Glad i played video games and expected this because 2 ponies fell down form the sudden impact.

Seeing the door was open i got to my feet and ran towards the Castle gates on the wall. I looked back to see the army, and some more soldiers run out the castle doors like ants while i stood about 200 yards away at the gate. I noticed something different this time. Some of the ponies were flying and some had extensions at their heads, presumably horns. I looked back at the gate and attempted with all of my might to open them. It creaked but wasn't enough. So i took the next route in my escape plan. I ran towards the tower to the right of the might gate and ran up the steps.That were very small to what i'm used to.

I finally reached the top of the 50 foot tall tower wall, i listened down the spiral staircase and heard about 50 different 'hoof'steps. I then turned and re hauled it outwards into the sunlight. Only to find 3 guards up there. I started hyper ventilating. There was no way i could take 3 horses. 2 of them had wings while 1 had nothing, except pure muscle of course. I then planned out a strategy, i only had about 40 seconds to deal with these guys and then find a way off this tower to the outside.

'Lets see, from what i know about battles is ,go for the weak link and make the whole chain fall, so since we are in the air, the one with nothing is weak. So if i threw him off, the other two would have to catch him, i'm sure he is too heavy for just one pony to catch.' There's my plan, i thought with my first smile of the day. All of them yelled a synchronized "HALT!"

My smile widened and they all took stances, spears in hooves. It was almost funny how slow they moved. Its like they never fought before. I dodged the first two butts of spears easily, but being in the center of the triangle of war, was not good. I took a spear butt right into my stomach from the regular pony. But thankfully I got a grip on it before he could pull back.

I yanked the butt forward, effectively pulling him with it. I then threw him to my side. But not hard enough to fall over, just enough to put him near the edge.

I forgot about the two winged ponies and payed for it. I took a spear butt to the face and one to the leg. It was too late though. I was stunned but not enough to kick forward with all my might on the pony with nothing "THIS IS SPARTA!" i screamed as the 2 winged ponies looked at me with anger and flew towards their fallen comrade.

From there, i sprinted toward the tallest house nearest the castle wall, but sadly the army was already behind me. I looked back with bloodied teeth. To see them crawling like ants just like from the castle door. I began my sprint/limp toward the house.

Well, lesson learned 4 legs beat two, because they caught up to me before i could reach it. I turned and took a battle stance and smiled as they all stopped and returned the gesture. But i felt something oddly familiar press against my back. 'MY SHOTGUN' I thought happily.

I took it and pumped it and pointed it in the air. I gave the trigger a pull, and it was terrible. Shields popped up all around the army and I saw torpedoes of light... Heading straight toward me. I didn't even have to think to know to haul it. I just jumped, i didnt even have time to judge the angle of the slanted rooftop about 10 feet down and 8 feet away. Good news is i dodged the explosions that happened behind me, and also i landed on a good angle and effectively slid the 20 foot long roof of this huge building. Bad news is, im going to have to hit the opposite side of this next roof unless i wanted to hit this side and slide into a brick wall.

So at the last second i jumped off with my good leg, it was only about a 3 feet jump but was still difficult with 1 leg. I thankfully landed on another pretty steep angle and continued my slide. But the problem with that was, even though these are smooth roofs, the burn on your skin is terrible. I saw the end of the roof approaching and i prepared to hit the ground by getting ready to roll. But before i fell i had to get a good look upwards and again regretted doing it. It was a horde of winged ponies, about 30 of them flying after me. I looked back down and braced myself once more, and pulled a great roll.

But still my legs pain level was over 9000 so i had to sprint/walk again toward the drop gate, that was actually currently down.

The bad part was that my legs and body were giving out, even after my whole body got replenished from the drop. I took a quick glance behind me and saw many ponies with hats and such on. My eyes liked what they saw, the army that was spreading out through the gates were now slowed due to the crowds that entered the streets to see me. But nothing is completely good because the citizens of this town were clearing the streets in front of me, which meant that they would be free soon. I continued my run from the massive main street of this city. But something caught my eye. There was 4 ponies, each about 4 feet tall that looked like citizens but were also chasing me, one was pink with a dark pink mane, just a shade darker than her bright pink coat. The next was an orange one with a cowboy hat, hiding a blonde mane. The one on the far left was a white one, who seemed out of breath. And to the far right was a light blue, cyan one and 'HOLY CR-HIT THE DECK!' The cyan one was FAST. She almost had me. Slowed me down at least. But i looked back up and she was circling for another strike. I was about 200 yards, or two football fields away from the draw bridge now.

Not only was she circling, but it looked like some of the guard winged ponies were now above me.... And angling downwards.

I wouldn't make it in time, so I armed my shot gun and aimed it close enough to scare them but far enough to miss them. If they could speak and they caught me. I don't want murder on my list.

I smiled as they scattered. Maybe I do have a shot at this. I looked back forward and continued the sprint. Until i was 50 yards away. I noticed 2 things, 1. The drawbridge was closing and was now at a 25 degree angle and climbing. 2. I noticed there was two more ponies. One a lavender pony with a horn, the second a yellow winged pony with a pink mane while was trying to hide behind her purple ally. I yelled " Get out the way!" The purple one went wide eyed and the yellow one glanced from underneath her. " We dont want to hurt you!" she yelled back. 'Yeah i'l believe that when one of them calls me daddy'. I thought before i was hoisted off the ground in a purple bubble. I panicked and pointed my gun downwards and let a shot go through the bubble.

I smiled as it shattered and the purple one wobbled. The whole ordeal took about 20 seconds and I looked back to see that the winged ponies were now on the ground with the boring ones. But the 4 ponies i saw earlier was still leading them. And the worst part was that the streets were cleared beside these strange 6 and the soldiers so they could now full sprint and they were about 100 yards away and closing. I turned back and saw that the purple one was panting and the yellow one was rubbing her back. I saw the opening and took it and just held my sprint to the gates that were slowly closing , it was now 35 degrees and climbing, i had to move now.

My limp sprint came back in full force as my body awaited freedom. I was almost to the end of my climb on the bridge before a .... lasso? Caught onto my foot. I trudged as hard as i could, but the added wait and the now 45 degree angle wouldn't allow it, so i leaped and luckily got a handhold of the end of the drawbridge. So now, i was stuck on the end of the drawbridge that was now closing faster , may i remind you. I looked back at the cow pony who had my foot in a lasso and screamed " Let me go!" I heard a muffled " NO!" from the orange pony.

The bridge was almost fully closed now, and it was 80 degrees. I was struggling, my weight and the added wait of a small horse was getting to me. But there was one last trick i had up my sleeve. The wall, was closing in and i knew if it did close with me like this it would crush my hands and id drop about 20 feet.

I did my best pull up, bringing me and the pony below me up about a foot. and I kicked off the wall just as it was about to close. Thankfully i didn't miss and i threw myself over the edge of the bridge, I was about to plummet to the moat below, but i was caught by the same lasso. I pulled my hunting knife out. and began cutting the rope. And thankfully it cut through, but lets just say a 20 foot belly flop doesn't feel good. I looked back up and saw what i dreaded. all the winged ponies were flying over the wall, searching for me. All i could do is swim where the mountain side was and float downstream.

'Im glad that small river was there or id be screwed' i thought while floating downstream holding onto a log.' Im glad it was still summer here, because the warm water feels good on my achey muscles.'

I looked back up to see that many of the winged ponies were flying around the castle still searching for me.

I let a sigh of relief and continued floating downriver to a large forest in which i got out on.

Author's Note:

I heard you guys wanted longer chapters, so here it is. I hope the quality has improved since my first chapter. Not much to say here except, comment any recommendations or mistakes and leave a like if you enjoyed it. We are finally getting interesting so ima spit them out a bit faster. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 8 )

All i can imagine is that guy from a youtube vid screaming RUN FUCKING RUN!!!!

5097794 Hehe yeah sorry bout that :derpytongue2: don't worry though, it will get to the bonding and talking soon enough :pinkiehappy:

The story of Novos 1
by Novos

Another self-insert? Nope.

This... THIS... IS...SPARTA!! I am loving this story!:pinkiehappy:

More please

Why u no write story

Login or register to comment