• Published 17th Apr 2012
  • 1,722 Views, 44 Comments

Just a day in Equestria - dave89898989



Electric Blue and friends make amazing adventures in Equestria, and mysteries are slowly solved.

  • ...
13
 44
 1,722

PreviousChapters
50 - Final solace

The Gods had been defeated, at long last. It took all of our might and heavy sacrifices, but we knew they didn’t survive as immortals in this world. Blue guided us in the right direction, and fought harder than all of us, the sole driving force behind the battle of Equestria and the Gods. As my friend fell that day, the fire in my heart burned brightly while I fought back the enemy. I, as well as everypony else, didn’t want her efforts to go to waste. Seeing death didn’t feel easy like it may have for Blue, but we all had to go through with it, one way or another if we were to protect our land. And so we did.

The relatives attended the funerals of the fallen, and we all mourned collectively over so many lost souls. We rebuilt upon the destruction caused by the invaders, brick by brick, and thatch by thatch. It took a lot of time and hard work, but we managed to make Equestria back into the proud standard it had before. We hoped that something this devastating would happen again.

A few years have passed now. We’ve all grown older, and I’ve married and had twins since I’ve been in the company in Braeburn. Little Soul Seed, the earth colt and Hearts Wing, the pegasus filly. The days fly by as we take care of the two foals, playing with them and having the family that we dreamed of for so long.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders know their talents already, so they’ve separated in order to focus on what they do the best, but sometimes they all get together and have epic adventures like me and Blue used to; which would carve the way for the new generation.

Twisha and Caerula had been away from us for most of the time, and it would seem to stay that way. But they grew successful in the town of Trottingham while teaching and learning at the same time.

Zap Flower and Thunder Hum, our foster parents, moved into their own place in Ponyville, through our financial aid as they didn’t have anywhere official to stay before, for some reason. They wished to be close to us though, even if we have grown up faster than they could keep track of. They always showed us how good parents should be, and they set an example for me especially.

Cyan Crumble, an old friend of mine, still had his friendly rivalry with Pinkie Pie. Although now they jointly owned a party production business together. ‘The best party you’ll ever have’, their slightly unoriginal, but effective slogan said.

Mistletoe, Holly and Snowfall, the three ponies of winter, visited us every Hearth’s Warming time with gift after gift. I wished to spend more time with them, but they had their own lives to be getting on with as a trio, which I could respect.

Twilight Sparkle and the gang vacationed to the Crystal Empire a while ago, and haven’t returned since. They must have booked a very long stay there altogether. Ponyville stayed very relaxed and quiet around this time of year anyway, so no wonder they would have gone away for now.

And as for Blue...she’s in the town hall, up in front of everypony, reading out her book to us, the audience. It seemed more than a miracle that she survived that final attack back then. She’s bound to a wheelchair as her body still needs to recover fully, as the process would take a couple more years from now. She told me that the machine had a timer, and it ran out when she supposedly ‘died’ on the battlefield, meaning the human half of her soul faded away, leaving her inside this world for the rest of her days. She didn’t mind though. But because her time as a human had run out, she lost all the memories she had on Earth with it. Blue explained that it made her feel much better, not knowing anything about the other land, as she didn’t have to think about that past anymore.

She and Cheerilee had married quite recently, and they adopted a unicorn filly too, named Merry Teal. She had a quiet yet smart personality about her, as she got taught by Cheerilee of course, as well as Blue in the art of ancient magic and other complex subjects, passed down from Princess Opare’s teachings, who she tried to make up for not being able to see her passed relative more often.

Merry played with Hearts, the social and passionate filly, and Soul, the reserved but friendly colt often. They spent most of their time together, exploring or asking us grown-ups questions all the time. The three were the best of friends, and every day brought a sense of energy and happiness as they lived without a care in the world. And just before our foals went to bed, we gave them life lessons for them to think and dream about as they slept, just to make sure they understood how living worked. Blue told us to do that, as she wanted them to know that they had a purpose in life and wanted to figure out the workings of the past, present and future at an early age, so they could become the best that the foals could be. Blue wanted her filly to grow to be a strong, intelligent mare, and she liked to enforce the same kinds of rules to me, Braeburn and Cheerilee, seeing as we had roles as parents too.

I came back to reality as Blue spoke up a little louder now. “And that, fillies and gentlecolts, was my story. I thank you all for listening for so long, and I hope you can take away a few moral lessons tonight. And please take a copy of my book for yourselves if you’re interested in reading on your own. Thank you again.”

Everypony rose from their seats and applauded the pale-orange coated mare on the stage, which lasted for a longer time than a usual applause would take. Then they all filed out of the hall, talking amongst themselves, intrigued about what they learned today. Almost all of the townsfolk took a book from the huge stack before they left, wanting to know more about Blue’s now famous life.

I walked up to her with a big smile on my face. “Well, I think we’ve finally made it,” I joyfully exclaimed.

“That’s true, Destiny. I’m glad I’ve managed to survive this long. And now here I am, married with a foal of my own. I would have never thought of getting that far, but my goal is achieved. I owe it all to you, my friend.” The mare grinned at me, making me blush in modesty. I looked at her hairstyle and the extreme change it underwent. She had a wavy, curly mane instead of spiky, and her tail looked wild and sharp instead of curved and linear. She said to me that it symbolised her turbulent past being behind her, and a simpler, more settled future lay ahead. The colours she had on her body now looked faded and duller, because of all the stress of before, as well as her age. She didn’t mind her complexion not being what it used to be though, she said it suited her.

“Thanks Blue, and you helped me get to this point too. I have to be as grateful as you are because of that,” I said, suddenly reminiscing about everything that took us to this moment.

“I know that look of yours,” Blue noticed.

“Oh yeah, just getting nostalgic. Do you remember the time when we first met?”

“Almost like it was yesterday. Somehow I landed in Canterlot for one reason or another, and found you walking down a path. It was a bittersweet meeting though, because of what happened during. The crash, me covering it up. I only realised who they were after a year of investigations.”

“I know. It’s hard for me to not frown when I think about it, but I know you were trying to do the right thing, or at least you thought. The cause of the crash was to do with a lightning strike, apparently.”

“That’s right. A bolt hit the air-chariot, even though there wasn’t a cloud in the sky at the time. Nopony could explain it. I read that one weather researcher claimed it came from space, or a different dimension completely. Strange huh?”

“And what about that time we fought that massive dragon? He claimed his name was Calix something…”

“Ashkore the mighty. I could never forgive myself for that defeat.”

“We were two tiny fillies facing off against that monster, Blue. Of course we were going to get beaten.”

“I suppose so. Maybe we can take revenge one day, heheh…”

“Ooh, and what about when we travelled to Fillydelphia that one time?”

“What an awful place that was. But we met this renegade character running away from police-ponies with this bulky, foreign sounding stallion. They seemed like nice guys though, one of the better criminals in that town, so we helped them hide away for a bit.”

“We had a bit of trouble with the authorities after that. The thrill was nice until we got thrown in a cell for a night. Why did we even consider helping them, Blue?”

“They promised us power beyond our wildest dreams. We were young so power meant a slightly different thing to us, hah.”

“Oh yeah! Silly us. Oh hey, remember that time when…” We carried on bringing up times of our adventures of old, just us two alone in the town hall, drinking alcohol in celebration of getting this far. Our status as best friends stayed that way, we promised to each other. ‘It’s us against the world’ we chanted as we took swigs from the bottle, continuing to recount the hectic days. The generation that our families took care of now, they were the future, and maybe they’d be telling stories to each other in the same way that we did; some day. But for us, the humbler part of our journey began, and we wished each other the best. It would be the adventure to end all adventures.

Blue’s brother, Azure Spark, had perfected a dimension hopping machine with his students. It could only be used once a month though, as energy to power the advanced system seemed very hard to come by. Blue had a personally reserved use for a certain month every year though, Hearth’s Warming time. She visited her parallel self which she didn’t tell anypony about except her closest relatives. The other Blue retained the appearance of the younger current Blue, as she still had intense times to come. But when our Blue went, she spent time with her other self, ponies called Cherry Blossom, Hibiscus and Shimmershine, as well as a parallel Zap Flower and Thunder Hum, the other Blue’s natural parents. Our Blue claimed that they were the tightest family ever; more together than anypony else’s families. They spend Hearth’s Warming dinner together, with our Blue buying all the food and gifts as her own special contribution to the considerably poorer family. That other world stood as one of the things that kept Blue going.

All in all however, we were all family, really. The tree has grown, and the dawning of a new age brings us into the bright future of prosperity and happiness. And through all the hardships we faced before, especially fro Blue, we felt good. Through the chaos and darkness, Blue held on to that shining light in her heart; hope. The pain we felt through the years meant something to us, something better. We meant something, to each other and to Equestria. And honestly, we wouldn’t have had it any other way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“An even shinier day than usual, I see,” Announced Princess Celestia from her private tower as she admired the sun shining over Equestria for just another day, that yellow ball of light, cherishing the land that it ruled over with Celestia, as much as the moon did with Luna. Everything looked up for everypony, because nothing could stop them from being happy now.
Luna surprisingly joined Celestia. The looked out together, surveying the towns, forests and trees, shining back in their eternal glory. And when the time felt right, they spoke in harmony. “Thank you, Electric Blue, for everything.”

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 2 )

Well that's it, that's the end. After two years of hard work and possibly forgetting about many plot points, we finally made it to the finish. It's sad to come to a conclusion when you've spent a long time doing this, but it's fulfilling to know that you've actually completed something this big. I hope you all had fun reading, had a laugh, a cry, a think, a smile, a boo and a hiss.

Let me know if you want more of this, and I'll think of making a sequel, because I still have many ideas to come.

Ending credits music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBEvrhSjWWI

Login or register to comment