• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 9,417 Views, 42 Comments

The Little Pony Legend 2: Spirits of Courage - MaggiesHeartLove



The Mane Six and Avatar Korra are back in an all new adventure unlike anything they had faced before.

  • ...
16
 42
 9,417

Darkness Falls

*(~)*

Revelation 20: 4~

I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

*(~)*

Darkness Falls

Korra, Mako, Bolin, Spike and the ponies watched in horror as the spirit of Darkness hovered over them, laughing maniacally.

"Vaatu." Twilight exclaimed in fear.

The dark spirit spotted the Avatar and her ponies, "Raava, nothing could stop this moment. Harmonic Convergence is upon us again."

Korra, with the help of Applejack and Pinkie Pie, stands up and looked fiercely at Vaatu. "We're not going to let you fuse with Unalaq." she said fiercely, "You're going back in that prison."

The ponies all shared her determined look, when Vaatu then flew down, charging at Unalaq, who awaited for him.

“They're going to fuse!” Twilight exclaimed.

“No they're not!”, Korra entered the avatar state and the ponies' Elements of Harmony activated as they shared her glowing eyes. Korra unleashed a sparkly rainbow fire blast at Vaatu which made him retreat. Twilight then used her magic to strike at Unalaq and levitate him upwards and flung him back through the portal. Korra and the ponies' eyes stopped glowing for a moment before she turns to Mako, Bolin, Flash and Spike.

“Don't let Unalaq back in the spirit world.” Korra ordered.

“We're on it!” Bolin replied.

“Be careful!” Spike cried out to them. The four boys ran through the portal, and Korra and the ponies turn back at Vaatu.

“You really think you can defeat me with those pathetic little weaklings?”

“We'll show you who's the weakling!” Rainbow said fearlessly.

“You're going down!” Pinkie Pie cried out with furry.

Vaatu charged at them, Korra and the ponies' eyes glowed once again as did the Element of Harmony and they all charged at Vaatu. Korra's hands had sparkling flames while Twilight and Rarity's horns glowed bright. Rainbow Dash had two flames on her hooves, ready to attack.

The battle between good and evil has begun.

(~)

Tenzin, Kya and Bumi walked through the spirit world, looking for Jinora. They stumbled upon a lush and beautifully colorful forest with unusual plants, but their presence was captivating. Bumi called out for his niece.

"Jinora. Jinora's spirit do you hear me? It's your Uncle Bumi."

Tenzin sighed in defeat, "Ah, this isn't working. We can't just randomly wander the spirit world, call out for Jinora and expect to find her." at this time, Tenzin wished they had Celestia or Luna around to help them.

"We just need to employ the simple rules of tracking." Bumi said, he kneeled down to the ground, "First we locate her footprints…then we follow them."

"Do you even know what spirit footprints look like?" Kya asked. "Do spirits even leave footprints? Face it, your tracking skills won't work in the Spirit World." Kya then sat down on the ground in a mediation position. "Let me try something." the woman placed her two index fingers close to her thumbs and performed mantra meditation. With her eyes closed she pointed towards the left. "Jinora is over there. I feel a lot of spiritual energy coming from that direction."

"We're in the Spirit World!" Bumi pointed out, gesturing with his arms to the entire forest, "There's spiritual energy in every direction."

"Enough!" Tenzin exclaimed, "We can't do this by ourselves we need a spirit guide."

"Or some alicorns." Bumi said, lowing his shoulders sadly, "We sure could use Celestia and Luna's wisdom right about now."

"They have there own problems in Equestria." Tenzin walked away, followed by his brother and sister. The trip approached a hole in the trunk of a large tree with what appeared to be a glowing star inside, floating around. Tenzin spoke to the entity.

"Spirit, hello. I'm sorry to disturb you, but I am in need of your assistance."

As the glowing star continued to move, the siblings spotted glowing red orbs piercing at them. A sinister, almost feminine, voiced echoed within the tree. "You dare wake me, human? Humans in the Spirit World belong in one place only."

The siblings' eyes widened in fear as the spirit emerged from the hole, revealing a large spider/scorpion like creature with sharp fangs, snarling at them. She charged at the humans, and they ran away screaming in terror. The spirit opened her mouth, and a white gooey webbing came shooting out of her mouth. The trio continued to run, Tenzin came out of some bushes but came to a rough halt at seeing they reached the edge of a cliff. He regained his balance and Kya and Bumi caught up with him. The spirit screeched from behind, and the three all jumped off the cliff, screaming in terror. As they fell, they made contact with some branches, which scratched their backs and pocked them in various parts of their bodies before finally landing on the ground. Bumi and Kya landed on top of Tenzin, both dazed from the fall. Tenzin then aribended them off of him and onto their feet.

"Well, that didn't work." Bumi said as he dusted himself off. "Now where are we?"

Tenzin looked around, realizing they were no longer in the same forest as they were before. He had no idea where they were now.

"We're completely lost."

(~)

Twilight shoot fire at Vaatu while Korra and Applejack both earthbended rocks and Rarity waterbeded water at the spirit, followed by a combo fire attack from Korra, Twilight and Rainbow Dash, for which Vaatu managed to avoid. Rainbow and Fluttershy kept flying around Vaatu, airbending and firebending at him. Vaatu managed to grab them with his tentacles but Korra waterbeded at him again forcing him to release the Pegasus ponies.

Korra and the ponies gathered together as their Elements and eyes glowed brighter. With their combined powers Korra created a sparkly tornado that lifted them all up as they headed directly towards Vaatu. Each pony unleashed their respected elemental powers at the spirit while Korra sustained them all in mid air, destroying parts of his essence in the process. Korra propelled herself and the girls over the ground with her airbending, increased with the magic of the Elements, while Vaatu attacked them with his tendrils. Rainbow and Twilight unleashed a powerful fire combo at Vaatu, which destroyed the one half of his 'face', and charge at him with Korra airbending, assisted by Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Vaatu turned to the girls and knocked them all off before his markings glowed purple and unleashed an energy blast at the girls. They were all thrown against a giant rock and landed on the ground. Vaatu's tentacles synched into the ground as vines grower all around the girls, incapacitating them.

“No!”

(~)

Bolin, Spike and Flash Sentry stood by the portal keeping a watchful eye out for Unalaq. Spike stuck by Bolin while Flash stuck by Mako as they all stood in fighting stances. Mako noticed Flash wince when his broken wing moved a bit.

“You sure you're okay?” he asked. Flash nods at Mako since he could no longer understand him. “Look Flash, I'm sorry about everything that's happened before and I truly admire your bravery…you're more of a man than I am.” the firebender said proudly. Flash smiled in return.

Bolin turned to them, “Hate to break up the bromance but, focus people!”

“Right.”

Then, Spike's ear started to twitch, which Bolin noticed, “You hear something?” he asked the dragon. Spike turned around, his eyes spotted something moving in the woods and shouted,

"Look out!”

Mako and Flash turned around to see rapid ice spikes heading towards them. Mako gasped while his brother protected him and their friends with an earth wall. Mako and Spike fire blasted from behind the wall, while Bolin earthbended in the direction of the assault. For a short moment, things were quiet, before they heard Flash let out a frightful 'neigh', forcing the brothers to spun around to see a barrage ice spikes from the opposite direction. They managed to dodge the attacks by tucking and rolling. Mako attacked with firebending, while Bolin somersaulted while earthbending. Spike breathed fire while Flash jumped up and kicked an ice spike that was heading towards Bolin, but non the less the impact caused them both to be thrown back towards Mako and Spike.

“I don't know if we can win this fight.” said the earthbender once he got back up.

“We don't need to win." His brother replied, "We just need to stop Unalaq from getting back into the spirit world.”

“So in other words, we're gonna be here a while, aren't we?” Spike said hopelessly.

“Try and think positive.” said Flash. They heard another attack coming and Bolin earthbended a rock to shield him and Spike from the ice spikes.

“Easier said than done!” said the dragon as he hid behind Bolin.

(~)

Tenzin, Kya and Bumi continued to wander aimlessly in the mysterious spirit forest, completely lost. Unlike the previous forest, this one had a more night-like appearance, with bluish/black trees and stunning plants that glowed like neon in various colors. They walked pass a large glowing mushroom and Tenzin stopped on his tracks.

"We're walking in circles," he said and pointed towards the mushroom, "I've seen that spirit mushroom five times."

"That's not the same mushroom." Bumi said.

"Yes I am." said the mushroom…yeah, it talked, and nobody is shocked.

"See? Even it knows we're lost." Tenzin face palmed himself, this was completely hopeless.

Bumi rolled his eyes in annoyance, "Oh sure, listen to a fungus over your own brother."

Kya then felt an unusual presence approaching them, and placed her hands on her brothers' shoulders. "What's that?" she asked suspiciously at a strange noise. Bumi eyed at the talking fungus.

"Mushroom? Is that you?"

"No, wasn't me."

A dark figure began to emerge from the shadow of the trees, approaching the siblings, causing them to gasp in fear and caution. As the mysterious figure emerged completely, he smiled warmly at his guests. Standing beside him was one of Wan Shi Tong's knowledge seekers, a grey colored fox. The siblings could not believe their eyes.

"Iroh?!" Bumi and Kya both smiled warmly at the sight of their old friend, but Tenzin was still baffled.

"How…? Where…? It's been so long."

"Almost forty years." said the wise old man, "It's nice to see you again."

"How did you know we were here?"

Iroh stroked the spirit fox beside him, "My friendly spirit fox told me you were lost, I came to show you the way out."

"Iroh, we are grateful, but we're not looking for a way out. We're looking for my daughter."

Iroh's expression fell into sadness and sympathy. "I'm sorry to hear that. But you shouldn't be here, Vaatu has escaped and darkness threatens to take over."

"I'm not leaving until I find Jinora." the airbender said with much determination. Iroh could relate to him, he knew his love for his family was great.

"I understand. But I beg you to be careful, if you travel too deep into the Spirit World, you could end up in a place where only the lost will ever find you. And there will be only one way out."

"What do you mean?"

Iroh smiled warmly at the siblings, "I have had the privilege to meet Korra and her pony friends. I have seen the good and beauty they carry within themselves. It is very clear that they have brought something into your lives. Something you never knew you needed. But only the most powerful kind of magic can help you now. You have all been blessed with it. Remember it. Treasure it. Let it guide you."

The siblings all looked at each other in confusion, once they turned back, they noticed that Iorh had disappeared. Tenzin then cried to catch up to his old friend, but stopped to contemplate.

"A place where only the lost can find you…? That's it! I know where to find Jinora!"

(~)

Korra and the ponies kept struggling in the grip of the vines; even Twilight's magic was useless against Vaatu's power. The dark spirit taunted them, “Even your so called "magic" isn't powerful enough to oppose me.”

Twilight glared at Vaatu, “Maybe not by myself.” just then, Korra and the ponies’ eyes began to glow and their voices started talking as one.

“But together we can!”

Korra took in a deep breath and unleashed a powerful fire blast from her mouth directly at Vaatu, while the ponies' Elements glowed and broke the vines holding them. Rainbow Dash flew up at warp speed and firebended at Vaatu creating another hole on his face. Pinkie Pie and Korra both airbended at Vaatu while Twilight zapped him with her magic and Applejack also began earthbending at him. The angry spirit screamed in anger.

The seven girls stood together as Korra made swift movements with her hands and they all now had rainbow-like auras surrounding each of them. They rose up as Korra and the Ponies, combined with the power of the Elements of Harmony and the Light of Raava, created an air vortex that trapped Vaatu, next Korra and Rarity waterbeded water around him, then Rainbow and Twilight added fire and lastly Applejack bended earth and the ponies, entrapping Vaatu in various rings of the elements, similar to what Wan did 10, 000 years ago. The Elements of Harmony each created a rainbow ring matching their colors that also swarmed around Vaatu as well. As they did this, Korra and the ponies all spoke as once, added with the voice of Raava and the past Avatars.

“We are locking you away for another ten thousand years, Vaatu.”

Korra continued to move her hands as the ponies levitated around her, their eyes and Elements glowing bright as they all worked together to pushed Vaatu towards the tree with all of their strength.

(~)

The boys were still keeping watch outside of the portal with two earth walls to protect them. Bolin and Spike hid behind one wall while Mako and Flash hide behind the second one…everything was quiet. Bolin peaked over his rock.

“Unalaq? Are you out there?”

“He must've gone home.” said Spike.

“He must've gone home.” said Bolin. Spike looked at him annoyed, “I just said that.” he crossed his arms and pouted. He hatted not being understood. The two friends peered over the rock again…and encountered an all too familiar face.

“Hello, my feeble turtle duck.”

“AAAHHHHHHH!” Bolin and Spike both screamed in horror. Eska was back!

The cold-hearted ice princess knocked both boy and dragon off with waterbending. Mako and Flash turned to look at Bolin and Spike, but Desna emerged behind him. Before they could retaliate, Desna knocked the firebender and pegasus pony off with waterbending towards Bolin and Spike. When the brothers had recovered, a large water blast emerged from the shadow of the forest, knocking them all off. The boys laid on the snow unconscious as Unalaq emerged from the forest, ridding on a wave like the king he believed himself to be.

“Don't let them escape this time.” Unalaq ordered. The two twins looked at each other uncertainly as Unalaq once again entered the portal.

(~)

Tenzin, Kya and Bumi found their way back to the previous forest, and once again stood before the hollow tree where the dark spirit spider-scorpion resided.

"Are you sure this is the best way to find Jinora?" Bumi asked his little brother with uncertainty. He nearly escaped the crazy spirit the first time, he wasn't entirely sure is they could escape the second.

"Trust me." Tenzin then began doing the boldest thing he had ever done; he began attacking the spirit with an air blast. "Hey you! Spirit! Wake up!"

Unfortunately for Bumi and Kya, his plan worked.

"You again?!"

The spirit emerged from the tree, unleashing its webbing from its mouth!

(~)

The three adults were now being board-ly dragged across a grassy field with the spirit pulling them with it's tail to an unknown location. The spirit soon stopped and then swung her prisoners over a steep cliffside. They saw a large canyon with sharp rocks around the ledges, obscured by a thick fog.

"I thought we were gonna be taken to a prison?" Kya said.

Tenzin looked down at the canyon. "This is a prison.

"Welcome to the Fog of Lost Souls." the spirit said, "You will never escape."

As the spirit walked away, she flung her tail and threw the trio into the canyon, who screamed in the process as they fell into the thick fog.

(~)

Korra and the ponies were only seconds away from imprisoning Vaatu again. But before they could finish the job, Korra was struck from behind by a water blast. Her eyes stopped glowing and the ponies stopped levitating and fell to the ground. They all looked up and see Vaatu free once again. The ponies turned around to see Unalaq.

“I am really getting sick of you!” said the wicked waterbender.

Rarity flared her nostrils, “The feeling is mutual!”

The evil chief unleashed a powerful water blast at them and the Mane Six were all slammed into Korra and they all fell backwards into the ground. The fight was not over yet.

(~)

Eska and Desna where now dragging Mako and Bolin's limp bodies. “What about those two?” Desna asked as he gestured his head to Flash and Spike, still lying on the ground.

“Why bother? They are completely worthless.” said his sister.

Unbeknownst to them, Bolin and Mako both looked over at Flash and Spike, who also had their eyes open. Mako nodded at Flash who nodded in return. Spike them jumped up and breaths a powerful fire blast at Desna who backed away, giving Mako the chance to get up and fight the waterbending prince. Flash Sentry galloped and body slammed into Eska, freeing Bolin who ran to his brother. Bolin earthbended two earth columns at the twins, knocking them down as they all ran back into the portal.

The boys ran and Mako and Flash's eyes widen in horror once they spotted Korra and the ponies, all laying on the ground. The twins came through the portal.

“Stop!”

Eska bended out two streams of water and trapped the four boys from the chin down in blocks of ice. Spike struggled to break free, “I am never coming back to the south pole for a vacation, again!”

The ponies attempted to help Korra to sit up and they all watched in horror as Vaatu floated right in front of Unalaq, approaching him.

“Oh, no you don't!” Twilight Sparkle cried out before she unleashed a fire blast but Unalaq repelled it with his waterbending. Vaatu flew over Unalaq and then swooped down right into his body as the chief screamed before stumbling down. He erected again, standing up. His eyes were now glowing brightly orange-red, and the imprint of Vaatu appeared briefly on his chest. He reached out his hand to touch the northern spirit portal. The overlapping portals energized at his touch, engulfing Unalaq with purple energy, that oozed across his body with a gooey substance. He let out a blast of dark energy from his mouth and a blinding light shined from his body.

Korra and the ponies watched in horror, “NO!”

They covered eyes from the powerful white glow. Once it cleared, they saw Unalaq, standing before them as pale purple smoke emitted from his body. At first he looked exhausted from the impact, but soon her opened his eyes, which now glowed a sinister orange-red. Unalaq was now the Dark Avatar!

“We are now one. Now a new era for spirits and humans will begin! And I will lead them all as the new Avatar!”

Korra and the ponies all stood up and bravely feared their enemy. “Well I'm the old Avatar and my era's not over yet!” a swift air surrounded Korra and her irises briefly give out a faint glow. The ponies all rallied beside her, ready to fight.

“That's right! You mess with one us, you mess with all of us!” said Applejack.

“No matter how powerful you may seem, the seven of us will not give up. We are The Elements of Harmony!” said Twilight as she stomped her hoof.

Unalaq smiled wickedly, “Not for long.”

With glowing eyes, he charged at Korra. Korra's eyes glowed as well and did the ponies. The two waterbenders slammed into each other and once they made contact they unleashed a powerful white light. Korra slid backwards on her feet. She then saw her nails turn blue again; her cutie mark gave a faint glow and even her new blue/grey streak shimmered. Whatever was inside of her was growing stronger.

(~)

Tenzin, Kya and Bumi wandered aimlessly through the fog. It was so thick they couldn't see anything. It was like walking into a never-ending blank hallway.

"What kind of prison doesn't have any bars or walls?" Bumi said, looking around the place, "We can walk right out of here."

The Fog of Lost Souls is a spirit prison for humans." Tenzin explained. "I read about that in an ancient text. The fog is actually a spirit that infects your mind and slowly drives you mad, imprisoning you in your own darkest memories."

Kya turned to Tenzin with an uneasy look. "How long can we be trapped here?" as she asked, a man walked around behind them. He was apparent in his late to mid forties, his clothing looked like those of a Fire Nation general…from long ago when Aang was still alive and very young. His hair was messy, and he continued to talk to himself.

"I am Zhao, the Conqueror. I am the Moon Slayer. I will capture the Avatar." he paused for a brief moment before speaking again, repeating what he had just said. "I am Zhao, the Conqueror. I am the Moon Slayer. I will capture the Avatar."

Kya's eyes widened at the sight. This man was completely out of his mind, continuously chanting the same thing over and over again with no end in sight. "Hopefully we're not trapped in here as long as that guy."

The man, Zhao, then spotted Tenzin. He looked at the air nomad as if he were his lifelong enemy. "You, you're him. The last airbender!"

Tenzin cried out in fear when Zhao grabbed him by the collar of his robe. "Ah, no! Get off me!"

"You've grown. But I will still defeat you." Zhao was then dragged away from Tenzin when Kya and Bumi grabbed his arms and yanked him off. Kya then pushed him away with her waterbending and the group ran away hastily and fearfully. They could still hear Zhao's insane cries.

"Come back Avatar. Face me! I am Zhao the Conqueror. I will capture you! Victory will be mine!"

Zhao soon faded into the fog and Tenzin pulled out a rope, tying it around him and his siblings' waists. "If we stay together, we'll find Jinora and make it out of this fog."

(~)

The two Avatars and six ponies emerged from the portal back into Unalaq's destroyed compound, with Unalaq chasing Korra and the ponies, both made their way out of the encampment. Korra, with the Elements of Harmony, levitated the ponies around her, their eyes glowing, while Unalaq hoisted himself with a whirlpool. Pinkie Pie and Korra both attack Unalaq with airbending, but missed.

Unalaq tried to attack with ice shards, for which Applejack blocked with her earthbending before gaining altitude and assaulting the man with even more rocks, with the assistance of Korra. Unalaq broke the rocks with two water whips and directed them toward the girls. Korra and the ponies created a rainbow force field that protected them. However, Unalaq was relentless as his water strike soon gave way and the girls were knocked down on the snow. The ponies were scattered but Twilight was the only one who landed on Korra's stomach.

Unalaq stopped his whirlpool and once he landed, the ground beneath him split into two, creating a fissure, and Korra and Twilight both screamed as they fell into it.

“Korra! Twilight!” the others screamed.

The Avatar and Alicorn managed to stop their fall but they couldn't move, they were stuck in between the two rocks. The other ponies charged at Unalaq but he quickly trapped them in blocks of ice from the chin down, like what his daughter did to the boys.

Twilight and Korra struggled to get out but Unalaq started to close the two blocks of ice ready to crush the girls. The ponies struggled in their icy prison, their Elements gave faint glows as the ice slowly, ever so slowly began to melt. Unalaq continued to close the abyss.

“Give in. Your time is over!”

Korra and Twilight could feel everything getting darker, the others ponies one by one could feel their energy fading. Korra and Twilight could feel themselves weaken, but as they nearly passed out, they heard a familiar voice…

“Korra, this fight is not over.”

Korra and Twilight instantly recognize it. “Raava.”

“Vaatu cannot win. Do not give in to ten thousand years of darkness. You are the Avatar. You girls are the Elements of Harmony.”

“She's right.” Twilight said.

Korra and Twilight's eyes started to glow. Their voices became one again.

“We are!”

The other ponies's eyes flickered open, their Elements glowing brighter and their confidence restored. Their voices become one as they all said,

"We are!”

At the exact same time: the ponies broke free from their icy blocks and a powerful purple magical aura and fire blast broke through the fissure and Unalaq was blasted away. Korra and Twilight were lifted up by a powerful sparkly wind; the other ponies levitated next to them. Their Elements glowing bright and their voices, added with Raava, spoke strongly and powerfully,

“You cannot win!”

Korra and the ponies unleashed powerful rainbow colored air blasts from their Elements at Unalaq, who was now ridding a whirlpool trying to get away, but the girls continued to follow him.

(~)

"Jinora! Jinora!" Tenzin continued to call out for her daughter, when Bumi stopped them.

"Wait a second."

"What, do you hear something?"

Bumi started around in morbid fear, his eyes bulged open and sweat dripping from his brows. "Yes. They're all around us. The cannibals, they're everywhere."

Tenzin's heart began to race, the worst had begun to happen. His brother was slowly becoming victim to the fog's power.

"Bumi, you must focus your mind. Right now! There are no cannibals." as Tenzin tried to get his brother to his senses while Kya began to look suspiciously at herself.

"Yes, there are! They're gonna eat every last one of us!"

Things got even worse when Kya suddenly screamed out in terror, starling her younger brother. "AH! Who are you two?" the woman began to untie herself when Tenzin grabbed hold of her shoulders.

"Kya, we're your brothers. You must remember, before the fog infects you."

"No, you're just a vision. I have no family. You can't tie me down!"

"They're closing in! I gotta get out of here!" Bumi untied himself and ran away, screaming into the fog. Tenzin tried to catch up, but his sister untied herself and ran in the other direction, screaming before she too disappeared into the fog.

"No! Bumi! Kya! Come back!"

Tenzin began airbending the fog away in both directions, in hopes of finding his siblings, but it was futile for the fog returned. He doubled his power to dissipate the fog, but it still returned, leaving him alone before he was obscured by the fog.

"Kya! Bumi! No…no." he was now all alone. His family was lost. And so was he.

(~)

Mako, Flash, Bolin and Spike were still trapped within ice, with Eska and Desna keeping their watchful eyes on them.

“My nose itches.” Spike said. Mako tried to reason with their captures.

“Please, let us out.”

“His grovel is pathetic.” said Desna. Eska gave a faint smile, “I do enjoy the sweet scent of desperation.”

“What did Bolin see in that girl?” Spike asked himself.

Mako continued his plea, “Come on, your dad has become an evil monster. He's trying to bring on eternal darkness. Why would you protect someone who doesn't care about you at all?”

Eska simply arched an eyebrow, while Desna's expression softened in realization. “Father was going to let me expire when trying to open the northern portal." he said to his sister. "Perhaps we should rethink our position.”

Mako and Flash smiled, “Yes!”

“No. Don't listen to him." said Eska, "His words are poisoning your mind.”

Flash lowers his ears in disappointment, “Boo“

Then out of nowhere Bolin started weeping like a baby, tears and all. Eska looked at him curiously, “What's with this outburst of emotion?”

“Beats me.” Spike replied, mostly to himself.

Bolin continued to weep, “I'm sorry, I can't help it. It's just so sad that I'll never be with you again!”

“Wha---?”

Flash and Spike were both startled by this. But not as much as Eska was. “What? Explain yourself further.” she ordered.

Bolin spoke as he kept on crying, “Eska, I've always loved you---“ Spike and Flash both drop their jaws at what Bolin had just said. "--And I always wanted to be with you. But now that the world is ending, I'm never gonna get the chance!”

Spike felt he would through up, “Gross!”

“We have been together. But you left me at the altar.” Eska tells him bitterly as she approached him and stood before him face-to-face.

“With good reason, you're insane!” Flash exclaimed, but all Eska could hear were 'neigh' sounds.

“Quiet pony!”

Bolin continued to cry and 'confess' his feelings to Eska, “No, I was scared. I was scared of my true feelings for you. Gah, I should have never left you. I'm sorry.” Spike stuck out his tongue in disgust and Bolin continued, “And I'm sorry that we'll never have the chance to rekindle the dying ember that was our love into a big fire of love flames!”

The earthbender continued to cry, Mako, Flash, Spike and even Desna all looked at each other with confused expressions. Spike simply stuck out his tongue, “I think I'm gonna be sick.”

Eska looked on at Bolin, her expression was one of confusion, but then it softened to one of surprise. She couldn't' believe her ears. Bolin was returning her affections, and in such a sweet way. With tears of sadness. She leaned in closer, held his face, and kissed the earthbender full on the lips.

Spike screamed at the scene. "GAH! There goes my lunch!”

While Eska kissed Bolin, the ice around them melted and they were all free. “What just happened?” Spike asked in disbelief.

“I guess an act of love can melt any frozen heart.” Flash replied. Which only made the little dragon sicker,

“Okay, gross!”

Eska and Boin stopped kissing and looked at one another. “You will never defeat my father. But, should you survive, perhaps we could spend eternal darkness together.”

“Finger crossed that doesn't happen!” Spike said. Mako tapped Bolin on the shoulder before they ran away towards the portal.

“Wow! That was the best acting I've ever seen." said Mako proudly, "You completely fooled her.”

“Yeah right, huh. That was acting.” Bolin said unsurely…as he wiped away a single tear. As Eska and Desna watched them run towards the portal.

“They will certainly perish.” Desna said dryly.

(~)

The boys ran out of the portal into the South Pole, they witnessed Korra and the ponies still fighting Unalaq. Rarity shielded her and her friends from Unalaq's water attacks with an ice wall, before they all exited Korra's air spout. On the ground, Applejack and Korra directed three rocks, knocking Unalaq off his waterspout. He managed to remain in his waterspout and directed two water streams at the girls, who all nimbly dodged. Korra and Applejack propelled with earthbending while Rainbow Dash and Twilight threw fire blasts at Unalaq. He threw a large water whip at the girls which Korra managed to catch, before freezing it and tossing him off his waterspout. With him down, the girls all gathered together as their elements unleashed rainbow ring which blew Unalaq away and he landed hard again on he snow. Korra's cutie mark glowed as her arms moved swiftly and a bright spear appeared in her hands. The ponies' Elements glowed even stronger. Before she could unleash the final strike, Unalaq aimed another water whip….which struck Twilight!.

“AHH!”

The alicorn princess was thrown to the ground and laid down unconscious. The girls' concentration broke. The rainbow aura disappeared.

“Twilight!”

Unalaq then water-bended the snow beneath, rising it upwards and the ponies were all thrown upwards, landing hard on the snow. Korra looked fiercely at her uncle and water-bended two water whips, controlling them with her arms and swinging them at Unalaq, who entered his Dark Avatar State. Unalaq then managed to take control of Korra's water whips, pulling her towards him. The two Avatars dragged themselves toward the center. Korra sneered at him, her eyes glowing pearl white.

The ponies all struggled to get up and help their friend as the ground beneath them started to shake, due to the powerful force of the Avatars. Then Unalaq's head began to crick to the sides, his mouth opened and out came a dark purple aura, it was Vaatu.

As the boys ran to the girls, they started to see the spirit of darkness before them. Korra opened her mouth to create fire and unleash it at Unalaq, but Vaatu took the chance and stuck his gooey tentacles onto Korra's face, entering her mouth. Korra could feel the energy being drained away as she slowly got down on her knees. Her eyes still glowed, but as Vaatu departed from her face, he took with him what appeared to be a bright light from her mouth. The spirit of Raava!

The ponies' Elements, feeling the pain Korra was going through at the sensation of having Raava being ripped right out of her. Once all of Raava's light was pulled out the girls collapsed onto the ground. Korra felt so weak, so defeated. As she laid on the snow, witnessing her uncle trap Raava into a water bubble, where Vaatu re-entered his body, he grinned viciously. The ponies tried to get up to help but were far too weak as well.

Vaatu finally had Raava in his grasp.

(~)

Tenzin couldn't find his siblings anywhere. He looked and looked but there was no sign of them He knew that if he had a chance of ever escaping, he had to keep his head in the game.

"You must stay focused." he said to himself. "Remember who you are Tenzin. You are the son of Avatar Aang. You are the hope for future generations of airbenders…but what if I fail? Then your father's hopes of the future dies with you. I can't fail. You will."

Tenzin knew the fog was at work. He was starting to fall victim to it's influence. He covered his ears while sagging to the ground, arguing with himself. "Ah, stop it! I am the son of Avatar Aang. I am the hope for future generations of airbenders. I am the son of Avatar Aang."

Tenzin stopped his ranting when she saw something manifest before his eyes. He recognized the figure anywhere.

"Hello, my son."

Tenzin never believed he would see his father again. And now that he has, he felt like the failure he always feared he would become. "Dad, I've failed you. I am no spiritual leader, and I've let the world down. I'll never be the man you were."

"You are right." Aang said. Tenzin looked at his father in shock, but he then realized that his father did not sound disappointed when he said this. "You are trying to hold on to a false perception of yourself. You are not me and you should not try to be me."

Tenzin gasped at his own father's words. Aang smiled lovingly at his youngest son. His hands waved and Tenzin spun around to see the fog manifest a clear image of a moment from the past. It was after Korra had returned from her first pro-bending match.

"By the way you were really good out there tonight. You moved just like an airbender."

"Wait, you stayed and watched?"

"I did. Pro-bending turned out to be the perfect teaching tool for you."

Korra felt so happy to hear that. She and her air bending master exchanged happy smiles. However, Korra's eyes began to slightly shimmer.

"See? I told you, all you needed was a little inspiration." Rarity said as she nudged Korra's leg.

Then out of nowhere, Tenzin gasped in shock as his eyes widened.

"What's wrong?" Korra asked.

"I--I heard."

"Heard what?"

"Them. The ponies. I heard them talk!" The girls all gasped at this! First the air bender kids could hear the ponies, then Pema, then Bolin and now Tenzin can too?

"So, you can hear us now?" Applejack said in disbelief.

"It seems I can."

"Okay, how does this keep happening?" Rainbow Dash asked. All of these mysteries were already starting to get to her.

"You were right Korra, they truly are special. I can see now why you're all so good together." Tenzin said as he smiled kindly at the ponies, who all smiled in return.

Tenzin remembered that moment. Then the image shifted to an earlier one.

"Celestia, you wouldn't understand."

"Actually….I do."

The air nomad was surprised by the princesses words. How could she possibly understand what he was going through?

"Just like you, I too once believed I had a lot to live up to from my parents. Especially my father. He was a wise, courageous and honest ruler. All of Equestria adored him. As a young filly, my biggest dream was to become just like him. I was so focused on what I wanted, that I began to neglect my own little sister." Celestia said the last part with sincere regret, and Tenzin empathized with her sadness, "My father did whatever he could to bring peace to Equestria, even if it meant doing something he didn't want to do. I followed his example…the day I had to banish my own sister. I believe that NightMare Moon's wrath was partly my fault. I made my sister feel inferior at times without even knowing it. It's something I've regretted for years."

As the images faded into the fog, Tenzin no longer felt as if he was going crazy. In fact, he felt his mind begin to clear up. Aang smiled lovingly at his youngest son. "Don't lose heart, my son. Through your outer self is waisting away, your inner self is being renewed day by day." Tenzin could feel the tears falling from his eyes upon hearing his father's words. "I love you, Tenzin. Let the Light show you who you really need to be. You are Tenzin."

A puff of smoke engulfed Aang, when it disappeared, he became a reflection of Tenzin. It was then that the airbender finally realized where he had gone wrong. He was trying so hard to imitate his father, to be a perfect replica of his idealistic view of the man he admired, but in reality, he needed to figure out who he was really meant to be. His goal should not have been to be like another imperfect human, but to fight for something greater than himself. That was exactly what his father did in his youth, and it was that example he needed to follow.

"I understand now. I am not a reflection of my father." he said with much determination, "I will make my own mistakes. I am Tenzin. I am Tenzin!"

As he spoke, a glow of light illuminated the sky, dissipating the fog. Tenzin did it, he overcame the darkness and found himself. That was what Iroh was trying to tell him, he had to embrace who he was, the same way his friends and family did. He looked around in amazement, scanning the surroundings, he saw many people all lost and alone, silent. He then spotted a young girl in orange and yellow clothing and dark brown hair. His heart leaped with joy.

"Jinora!"

Tenzin rushed to hug his daughter, who was kneeling dejectedly before carrying her. He then found his elder siblings, who had succumbed to the effects of the fog, and lead them out of the valley. Once they were all safely out, the fog returned. Bumi slowly regained his consciousness and looked round, confused and dazed.

"Hu? What happened?"

"I think our brother saved us." Kya said, smiling proudly. Jinora's eyes fluttered open and smiled when she saw her father.

"Dad."

"You'll be okay sweetie. I'm here." father and daughter embraced in a warm hug. Then, a butterfly spirit with shimmering pink wings flew down on Jinora's hand. Its wings shimmering with rainbow colors, just like the one Korra had encountered when she first came to the spirit world. Kya and Bumi joined in the hug, as Tenzin silently enjoyed the warm embrace of his family. He had finally found himself, and he had his family beside him.

He had everything he needed.

(~)

“Korra!” Mako called out as he witnessed the unconscious Avatar, running after her as fast as he could, with his brother close behind.

“He's got the light spirit!” Bolin exclaimed, spotting Raava in Unalaq's clutches. The brothers attacked with their bending but the Dark Avatar easily neutralized their attacks and send out a large ice spike, knocking Mako and Bolin, as well as Spike and Flash unconscious.

Twilight and the others managed to get up on their hooves but were still too weak to fight, but they none the less started to at least try to walk to Korra. Unalaq laughed at their efforts.

“You ponies are pathetic!”

Korra saw Raava within her grasp, lying defenseless near her. Twilight groaned as she watched her friend weakly attempting to reach for the light spirit.

“R—Raava”

But before Korra could reach for her, Unalaq picked her up with the purple streams of water and with much furry, slammed her against a rock.He directed a strong blast of water at Raava. Korra and the ponies moaned in pain.

In their shared vision, the girl and ponies all witnesses Avatar Aang, and all of the past Avatars before him. But the moment they felt Unalaq hit Raava, the image of Aang disappeared in a patch of light. Twilight realized what this meant.

“No! Unalaq! Stop!”

Unalaq strike Raava again, this time they saw Avatar Roku disappeared. The following strike destroyed the vision of Avatar Kyoshi. Rainbow Dash was about to burst into tears, for Kyoshi was one of her favorite past Avatars to read about. And now she was gone, she could feel the stinging pain Korra felt. They all could.

“Stop it!” Rainbow cried out in pain.

“You're destroying her!” Fluttershy also cried out.

But it was no use; Unalaq kept hitting Raava over and over. Korra weakly tried to get up, but another strike on Raava caused her to shrink in pain as her vision of Avatars Kuruk, Yangchen as well as others all disappeared the same way the previous did. The next strike led to multiple rows of Avatars being destroyed. With each Avatar gone, one by one the ponies fell to their knees, unable to move. Korra couldn't do anything, the pain was too much.

Raava was becoming smaller and smaller with each hit. Unalaq bended out another stream of water, preparing to attack. Korra futilely tried to muster sufficient strength to reach Raava. With one final blow, Raava was destroyed, dissipating in a glow of golden light. The ponies all had tears in their eyes when they saw the very last Avatar in their vision disappear.

“Wan…no.” Twilight felt so weak and helpless.

Raava was gone….and so were the past Avatars. Korra and the ponies all laid on the snow, weak and broken. Twilight, however managed to at least reach Korra's shoulder with her wing. Korra looked sadly at her friend.

“I'm so sorry!” said the alicorn. Korra didn't say a word before passing out. It wasn't long before Twilight did too.

(~)

Back in Equestria, things seemed to be getting worse, the sky became darker and soon the Canterlot Castle began to crumble.

“Equestria…it's dying!” Luna cried out.

Celestia looked up at the sky. Hope shined in her eyes.

(~)

Tenzin, Kya, Bumi and Jinora prepared to leave, but then the young girl stopped and turned back. "The world is in trouble."

"What are you talking about?" her father asked. "How do you know?"

"I can feel it."

"What happened?" Bumi asked.

"It's Korra and the ponies." she passed the light butterfly to her father, while another stayed beside her. The one with the rainbow colors. "This light spirit will guide you out of the Spirit World. I have to go help our friends. I owe it to them."

With that, Jinora began to fade way.

"Jinora, wait!"

Tenzin reached out for her, but it was took late. She had already disappeared.

(~)

Mako and Bolin helped an unconscious Korra up while Flash hoisted up Twilight onto his back. They witnessed Unalaq's body began to change. He grew in size, his physical appearance shifted, his tan skin turned dark, his hair dissolved into his skin, his cloths disappeared and red markings began to take place. His eyes glowed orange-red, tentacles grew around his back, and even a crescent-like crown headed shape formed his head. Eska and Desna exited the portal to find their father completely changing before their eyes, looking in fear.

Flash's eyes widen in horror. “Is that Unalaq?”

“Not anymore…." Spike said before saying with fear, "That's UnaVaatu!”

Once Unalaq stopped growing, the terrifying creature looked down upon them, “Now, ten thousand years of darkness….begins!”

His large hand reaches up to the southern portal's spirit light beam, creating a storm and he disappeared, teleporting away, creating an impact that tossed Mako, Bolin, Flash, Desna, Eska, Korra and the Mane Six away.

Korra and the ponies laid there not moving a muscle. Weak and hurt….UnaVaatu had won.

(~)

Author's Note:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, don't worry It's not over! WOW! This chapter was a era dozy to write, I can tell ya that. Okay, net time the epic finale!
I'm already nervexited!
God Bless, *kiss, kiss*