• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 597 Views, 10 Comments

Away from home - Silver Sea



Nebula gets drafted by the Equestrian NASA

  • ...
 10
 597

The past

The six ponies climbed out of the helicopter. During the ride, they had gotten to know each other. Apple Shine and Nebula explained that they were dating, and how that came to be. Baby Blue was bouncing around the interior, not paying attention, mainly because he was there when it happened.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Come on, Nebula! Mommy and daddy have to get groceries!"

"Okay mom. Can it please be fast though?"

"Sure, honey. It'll be as fast as possible. We'll be done before you can say solar flare."

Three ponies trotted down the path to the market place.

--------

"Aww, come on! Why can't ah sell the apples?"

"You're too young! You'd mess it up, Apple Shine."

The young red filly stalked away, angry at her big brother for not letting her run the stall. She was so lost in her sulkiness that she did not notice the colt standing directly in front of her.

"Ah'm old enough! What does he kno- OOF!" She let out a poof of air as she collided with the small colt. Apple Shine tried to get up but found the colt on top of her, staring directly into her eyes with an embarrassed look on his face.

"Oh... ummm... Hi?" The colt stammered, and Apple Shine giggled.

"Hi there! Mah name is Apple Shine!"

"Nice to meet you, Apple Shine. My name is Nebula." The colt managed to get off of Apple Shine as his parents urged him to hurry up. He walked off and Apple Shine thought about the new pony.

------

Nebula entered the one-room schoolhouse and walked up to the teacher. He handed her some papers and she stood up and pushed him to the front of the class.

"Hello there, class! We have a new student today! Class, meet Nebula."

A chorus of "Hi, Nebula."'s rang out and the teacher ushered the new colt to an empty seat next to a certain red filly.

"Hey, you're that colt I ran into yesterday! Nice to see you!"

"Hey there, Apple Shine." he replied, and then sat down.

"You're new! Ah hadn't seen you around before yesterday. Where'd you move from?"

"Canterlot."

"Waitifyou'reanewponythenhatmeansthatyouhaven'tbeentoanyofmypariesand GASP!" Suddenly, a blue colt behind them spoke, but finished just as he started.

"What the hay?" Nebula looked around the room, shocked.

"Aww, don't mind him. That's just Baby Blue. He throws a party for all the new foals in town. Family tradition, I suppose." Shine reassured Nebula as he spotted the colt and, true to his name, he was entirely a shade of pale blue. He had a big, puffy mane with curls in it.

"Okay, let's get class started."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"And that's how Equestria was made." Baby Blue rolled back with laughter at a joke only he understood. They all regarded it as Blue being Blue.

"Hello, and welcome to the E.N.A.S.A. training center. You must be Nebula, and... who are they?" A large pegasus stallion stood in front of them. His legs were very disproportionate to his overly muscled body.

"These are my friends. I, as you know, was drafted. My friends decided to... tag along. They have volunteered. There names are-"

"Apple Shine, farmer and friend of Nebula's.

"Baby Blue! ObmygoshthisplaceisperfectforpartiesIcantwaittothrowaMILLIONBILLIONOFTHEM!

"Roy Gerald Biv, fastest pilot in all of Equestria!" Roy announced with a haughty expression.

"Sapphire Cut, fashion student." Sapphire announced with an aura of sophistication.

"Green Petal, sir." Petal whispered timidly.

"Well, I guess that just gives us more HORSE POWER!!!!!!!!" The last two words were spoken with such enthusiasm that Petal nearly fainted. "Now, I need to introduce you all to your new commander/teacher/parent." The stallion turned around and led the group into a hallway.

"Well, Captain Horse Power really needs to quit on the steroids. He's freaking me out." Nebula whisperd to Shine, who snikered a bit.

"By the way, my name is Ice Pop." As if he had heard them, the stallion spoke. Nebula straightened up and blushed a bit.

After a few more moments in the hall, they stopped at a collection of doors, one labeled "Stallions", one "Mares" and one "Counsellor".

"So, I take it this is where we'll be staying."

"Yes. Now, when you see the counselor, don't freak out. Really." Pop opened the door marked "Counselor", and behind it was a changeling.

Comments ( 6 )

615381 Thanks! I'll be sure to update the Academy from time to time, but Ill focus in this, Shift and the collab.
Btw, this needs a new name. Any ideas?

CELESTIA DAMMIT THIS IS BUCKING AWESOME HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE?:pinkiegasp:

684481 Can't blaim you. I have a very small circle.
It's basically Wolf, Observer, Zuper, and Arco. Now you!

Login or register to comment