• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 3,069 Views, 455 Comments

Vocaloid in Equestria: beta session - DerpyStarlet



Me and my brother got sucked into our computer and now I'm Rin and my brother's Len in the Vocaloid group.

  • ...
21
 455
 3,069

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 25: Who are you really?

~Two Hours Previously~

I stood in the shadows around the corner as Luka and Applejack conversed, not even a bit surprised when Nyx suddenly appeared. I knew Pinkie would be looking for me soon, but this was my chance to find out more about Luka and I wasn’t all that surprised, actually. I started to walk away, no one ever even knowing I was there, smirking in the darkness. So, we have Luka who thinks of killing and Kamui who actually has killed in the past. I chuckled darkly, albeit still silently. I wonder how they’ll take that a true killer is amongst them.

“There you are Kaito!” Pinkie said from my side as I turned down another hallway. “Are you thinking darky dark thoughts again?”

“Heh, of course not Pinks!” I said with a sincere smile. “You know I don’t think like that!”

“Making sure~. Come on! Rin’s waiting for us!”

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I followed the bouncy pink mare down the hall, still smiling myself. Sorry for the deception Pinks, but it’s better that you don’t know what is coming for us. It will be better for everyone.

~Present~

Once again I find myself strolling through the friendship castle. After the lessons with Pinkie and Rin, I just need some place calm to think things out. There’s a lot going on up here, ya know?

Just me and my thoughts. ...Yeah that’s scary enough as it is. My mind keeps coming back to events that are to come. Discord’s plan, while mostly unknown to me, the parts he has shared with me are not pleasant. They will be ‘enjoyable’, but most certainly not pleasant.

Then I start to think on the others. Luka was a variable, one that I didn’t like. Unlike Discord, I can’t see her being swayed to either side. She may have to be taken care of sooner or later. Then there was Kamui, a random minded variable. What he told us of his deeds were certainly surprising and those glance he kept giving me says that he knows something. I have a feeling that he will be trouble. And of course Rin and Len were here. I still didn’t know much about Len, but Rin I knew. She’s a good friend and I hate that we’re on opposite sides. Also, she’s kinda cute so that doesn’t hurt.

What? I like cute girls. Hot girls only stay that way for a few years and then it’s gone. Cute stays forever. She picked up on Pinkie Physics pretty well, though it’s a good thing that Pinkie didn’t pick up on the fact that I already figured them out. She’s not as unique as I thought. It’s actually Void Physics, not Pinkie Pie exclusive. Here’s your little fact of the day: the Void is the space between the differing worlds of the Multiverse and Omniverse. It’s properties are relatively unknown or simply conjecture.

Man, my thoughts keep going weird places lately. Okay, so where am I? I look around and seemingly find myself in the dining hall.

Hmm… to eat or not to eat, that is the question. As I think this out, I happened to miss that I wasn’t alone in the hall.

“Hi Kaito!” pipes up a familiar voice. I glance over and see Nyx waving to me from a nearby table, a bowl of cereal in front of her. I smile and walk over to her.

“Hey there, Nyxie,” I greet and take a seat opposite her. “What are you doing here?”

“Breakfast for dinner!” That. Smile. Is. Adorkable.

I smile and chuckle under my breath. “That’s the best kind of dinner.”

“Mmm hmm!” she mumbles through her food before stuffing another spoonful in her mouth. I’m gonna let her chew her food first before we go further. She swallows and smiles at me. “What brings you here?”

I shrug with a stupid grin. “Just wandering around. I do that.”

“Why?”

“It’s a form of meditation for me. Just keep walking and your mind is free to roam. Live your life like that, always in motion, and you’ll always turn out right.”

“Why do you meditate so much?”

“Why do you have so many questions?” I return with a grin.

“Because you’re curious to me.”

Huh? “Huh?”

“Well, Rin told me that I’m your favorite,” she mumbles with a blush, but I just keep a steady face in front of such cuteness. “I wanted to get to know you a little bit, I guess.”

“Oh, well why didn’t you say so, Nyx? I’m a relatively open book, so why don’t we talk a little?”

“But we are talking,” she replies with a confused turn of her head.

I crack up with laughter. “Oh, that is way to adorkable.” She blushes red and shrinks in her seat. “Now, now. I’m not trying to be mean, kiddo. Now, what did you want to know?”

“I already asked.”

“Oh, right, the meditation thing. Well, I meditate to control my anger, Nyx. See, while I’m a relatively calm person, I have a harsh temper that can spiral out of control if I’m not careful.”

Nyx took in a sharp inhale. “I have that same problem! Hey, do you think you could teach me how to meditate?” She places her face right in me with a massive puppy dog look. If didn’t cave here, that would make me a truly heartless human being.

“Okay, okay! Just turn down the cuteness a smidge, you’re gonna give a heart attack,” I laugh out. “Now the key to meditation is the clearing of the mind, to simply let everything go. Do as I do.” I close my eyes and cross my legs, Indian style. I peak to see Nyx trying to replicate me, with little success. “Not necessarily how I’m sitting, kiddo. Just make yourself comfortable.” She blushes again and sits on her haunches. “Just let all your worries, all your thoughts flow out of you, as if you were pulling the plug to your bathtub drain. All you need to do, is breathe.” I take in a slow, deep breath and then let it go. I hear Nyx do the same and we simply sit here together for a few moments, silence our only companion. I can hear Nyx beginning to shift in her spot, no doubt getting bored.

“Uh, Kaito?”

“Yes?”

“I’m bored.” Called it. I chuckle and get out of my meditative spot. I open my eyes to see Nyx a little bit further below me then before. She looks up at me with wide-eyed confusion. “How did you get up on your guitar?”

I shrug, simply looking down on my favorite filly. “I dunno. It just happens sometimes. Personally, I kind a like it. It’s good to have a unique quirk. Even if it’s not a good use for a guitar.”

“Hey, are you any good with it?”

“What do you mean?”

“Can you play me a song?” she asks nervously.

I smile and give her a quick scratch behind the ear. She whines a little when I pull my hand back. “Sure thing, kiddo.” I get down from up top the instrument and place it in my lap. “This is one of my favorites from back home.” Suddenly, I hear something starting in my headphones, similar to what happened when Luka played her drums. Musical accompaniment… convenient. With that distraction assisting, I start my song.

I'm driving home tonight, catching all red lights

That's alright cause I don't want to be alone

There's nobody waitin' there, cold and empty bed

Words I wished I’d said come on the radio

As I start up the guitar, I fail to notice a certain group of humans and ponies walk in. Nyx sees them and waves while they stare in awe at me.

Ooh, oh, oh, and I don't know why I do this to myself

Ooh, oh, oh, I know you're with someone else

But in my mind were somewhere in my car

And it's raining hard on the streetlight glow

You got your lips on mine, its gasoline on fire

I never will forget, you grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head

And your fingertips slide up and down my back

Breathin' hard, steamin' up the glass

I’d give anything if I could bring you back home

So, I've been sleeping til noon in the same bedroom

Where I once held you and its breaking my heart

I should take down all those pictures from my wall

Promises we made won't fill this empty space

Ooh, oh, oh, and I dont know why I just cant let you go

Ooh, oh, oh, I know youre never coming back

But in my mind were somewhere in my car

And it's raining hard on the streetlight glow

You got your lips on mine, its gasoline on fire

I never will forget, you grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head

And your fingertips slide up and down my back

Breathin' hard, steamin' up the glass

I’d give anything if I could bring you back home

When the guitar solo hits, I give it my all, pouring everything into my playing. The music is my only focus, just letting the magic of music flow through me.

But in my mind were somewhere in my car

And it's raining hard on the streetlight glow

You got your lips on mine, its gasoline on fire

I never will forget, you grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head

And your fingertips slide up and down my back

Breathin' hard, steamin' up the glass

I’d give anything if I could bring you back home

When I finally finish, I jump when I hear clapping and cheering from behind me. “Gah!” I turn and see the Mane Six and the other Vocaloids clapping and cheering for me. Well most of them, Luka just stood there, but at least she’s smiling, that’s something. “Um, how long have all of you been standing there?”

“Whole time,” states Nyx.

“Wow, I really suck at paying attention to my surroundings.”

“That you do,” Rin says with a giggle, while glare playfully at her.

“Yer not helping, Pix.”

“Who said I’m here to help?” she says with a sly grin. Okay, now I have to get revenge. I got down from the table and move over to her. I bend over slightly to look her directly in the eye. She steps back a little, getting a little nervous and blushing a bit. I smile mischievously at her and then plant a quick kiss to her forehead.

Rin freezes up and squeaks a little. I laugh as I stood upright again and then walked off. “Coming Nyx?” I call back to the little filly.

“Sure! Can we go to Sugar Cube Corner and get a treat?”

“No prob! Milkshakes on me!”

“Yay!” With that, we walk off, leaving everyone else, especially Rin, staring off into space.

Author's Note:

If you can guess who made this new chapter, you will earn a Gold Star! :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next