• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 3,073 Views, 455 Comments

Vocaloid in Equestria: beta session - DerpyStarlet



Me and my brother got sucked into our computer and now I'm Rin and my brother's Len in the Vocaloid group.

  • ...
21
 455
 3,073

PreviousChapters Next
Non-Canon: Don't Sue Me

"Twilight? What's with that face? Last time you made that face it wasn't good..." I tell her.

"Here, read this. It's from Celestia..." she hands me a letter and I read over it, hardly able to believe what I'm reading.

"This is a joke right? Another Vocaloid, and not only that but one that's mastered alchemy and various magics?" I read on and feel my blood boil as I read on. "She attempted to kill the prince in a duel? One of the most prominent figures in Equestria... we were never meant to interfere with this world, especially not to this degree..." I continue reading and eventually pass the paper back to Twilight in disgust. Not even having finished reading it.

"Luka?" Twilight asks in concern.

"I think I need to cool off." I tell her. She doesn't stop me as I leave to do just that.

~

A week ago. That was a week ago. And now, supposedly, she's coming here. And her arrival is changing everything. A real life Mary Sue, the power to do anything at her finger tips. Alchemy, Pyromancy, and a slew of other skills. Fought the prince for being the same ignorant douche he always has been, and for something so trivial too.

The opposite of everything I think we should be doing. Which is as little as possible. And now this broad comes waltzing in, messing with everything. Sure, the prince is insufferable and someone should stand him up, but not us.

"Luka? What are you doing?" I turn to find Rin walking in the room.

"Nothing," I respond blandly.

"It looks like you're brooding," she says.

"So what if I am?" I retort.

"Well, you want to talk about it? We haven't really interacted much, you always seem comfier with the equestrians..." I sigh at her statement, It is entirely true.

"I don't interact with you much because we have different beliefs. I work differently. We all do, but my different is more distant than some others." I say.

"And why is that?" She asks.

"Because, I'm the only one that tries not to interfere at all, yet things keep on happening and I'm pulled into it. Poison joke, not my choice. Jeff the killer, I never meant to die. You see what I mean? I don't want to interfere, we're not meant to. Everyone else has made the decision to play this game until the end, and I'm the only one actively resisting. Everyone else plays because it's inevitable, I'm forced to play even as I stick tight to the belief I shouldn't." I tell her.

"Isn't it clear that you're going to play regardless? Why not just accept it?" She asks.

"Because my resistance is what makes me, well... me. If I accept it, then Discord has already won." I sigh.

"Okay then, if that's what your choice is..." and with that I'm left alone. I stay where I'm seated for a while before finally getting up, I've got a Vocaloid to meet.

~

I float through the air carelessly with the help of a governor of my own design. I watch as a Pegasus flying nearby stares in awe, only for it's attention to be turned away as it's forward progress is halted by a building. I guffaw at the Pegasus, clearly unnerving many nearby ponies. I feel the wind chill me once more and use my Pyromancy to heat the air around me. As another breeze blows away my hot air I instead heat the fabric I'm wearing. I grumble as I remember I made it heat resistant, meaning that unless I want to melt it it's not getting any warmer. I decrease my altitude and flip onto my stomach, eying the passing ponies in boredom. I change a nearby Booth of roses to tulips and laugh as the mare sniffing them jumps in surprise.

"Ma'am, we're going to have to ask that you change those back." I turn to find what seems like police stopping me.

"What? Why?" I ask incredulously.

"Because it's not your property to mess with," The first officer says.

"But it was hilarious," I counter.

"The owner begs to differ," the second officer says, pointing at the flower Booth. I turn to find the owner of the Booth backing away from the tulips in fear, she glances at me and then flinchEs away.

"What's her deal? It was just a joke. And I will not be arrested over a joke, be gone" I turn around and walk away.

"Ma'am-" I cut him off with a small fireball to the snout.

"I kicked the prince's self-righteous flank, do not cross me." And with that I board my hoverboard and depart, they don't follow me.

~

"Why, I never!" I huff, looking after the human that's caused all this commotion. She was nothing but a nuisance. I hurry over to Roseluck, who's huddled away from her Booth. "Roseluck, dear? Are you alright?" I ask.

"No! I'm not, my life's over..." she weeps, I jump in surprise before rushing to her side.

"It's alright, sure they're not Roses, but you can still sell them." I soothe.

"I'm allergic to Tulips! I can't sell these! But... it's not just that... I'm tight for money and behind on rent, Tulips cost less than roses. Those roses were my last hope. Now I'm gonna be evicted and I'll lose my rose garden! I've got nothing else!" I gasp as I hear her dilemma.

"Oh, Roseluck. Why didn't you ask me for help? If I knew you were having money troubles I'd have helped you sooner." I say.

"I don't want to just take your money Rarity," Roseluck sniffles and meets my gaze.

"Hmm... well then you can earn it, I'll take these Tulips. All of them. And you, take these bits." I take my bit bag and count it out. "Here, fifty bits. 40 for the tulips, and ten for the service." I tell her.

"Rarity, this is too much! I couldn't take this," she says.

"It's the least I could do Roseluck, you sent that beautiful bouquet when Sweetie was feeling under the weather." Roseluck blushes sheepishly at that and we share a hug.

"Thanks you, Rarity." She says sincerely.

"Think nothing of it, if you ever need any more help, don't hesitate to ask." I tell her, she nods graciously as I scoop up all the tulips. I trot away with the tulips, my thoughts flitting about. "What am I going to do with sixty tulips?" I wonder to myself aloud. I pass by the officer that the new human hit with a fireball. His nose is burnt and there's a medic looking over it.

"One prank. One prank and she nearly ruined a mares life and hurt an officer, all while defying the law..." I jump at Lukas voice beside me.

"You saw that?" I ask, not recalling seeing Luka anywhere.

"Yes. But that's not all, she's done worse things, changing a few flowers is child's play for her." Luka says.

"So I've heard. I read that letter, if she's done all those things how has she not faced any consequences for her actions?" I ask.

"Simple, Discords created a Mary Sue. He's thrown Harmony and Chaos against each other, but what's more interesting? A Mary Sue. Someone who makes Celestia and Luna look like droopy eyed wingless foals. Someone who doesn't have to bother with harmony or chaos, because despite either she can do whatever she wants. Someone who doesn't suffer consequence or feel remorse. A true mad God." Luka spits acidly.

"How is that possible?" I ask, surely even Discord couldn't do something like this.

"I don't know, but she's not necessarily a traditional Sue. She doesn't just instantly resolve everything, even if she has the power to. Do you recall when Kamui mentioned Sheogorath?" Luka asks me.

"I think so. Some sort of deity?" I guess.

"Yes, she's more like sheogorath than Kamui. She does what she wants because it's amusing, and she won't suffer consequences. She does things on a whim, and only because she finds them amusing. She adds variety even if she could easily do everything perfectly. Always winning isn't random enough for her. She could possibly rival Discord in her chaos now. There's only some semblance of reason and the fact she uses science at all that keeps her from being discord. But even then, she bends science at her will. The world around her is her playground and she's an architect, changing things at a whim. Harmony? No, she's not harmonic. Chaos? Maybe. but she's driven by a far greater power. The power to change anything and everything without consequence. The power of a God." I'm struck with horror as Luka speaks. The power to do whatever she wants?

"Isn't that dangerous?" I ask slowly.

"You saw the damage her `prank` did, imagine what else she's done," I look out at Roseluck and gasp as Lukas words sink in.

"She has to be stopped!" I exclaim.

"I agree. But nothing can stop her. She can only be stopped if she allows herself to be stopped. But you saw how she just brushed off those guards. They knew they were outmatched," Luka says simply.

"But, but, we've got to do something!" I say desperately. "Something, anything, it can't be hopeless!" I say, my brain racing for any solution.

"Luka! Why don't you stop her!" We turn to find Nyx standing beside her.

"I can't do anything. I've got even less power than the others." Luka says solemnly.

"But you only said she's above harmony in chaos, but those aren't the only variables in Discords experiment." I look at Nyx curiously, wondering what she's getting at, but Luka seems to know.

"You might be on to something Nyx. I don't think it'll work, but I can at least try." Luka says.

"Try what?" I ask in confusion.

"Try and make her stop." Luka says determinedly.

~

"Dubious." I watch the new Vocaloid look up and away from her latest prank, she looks at me with a smirk.

"Oh, look. Another human, another testee." Dubious says. "What side do you identify with? Harmony? Chaos? I don't really care for either, they're both inferior. No, Wait, let me guess. You're a Harmony player aren't you?" Dubious says, exaggerating her hand motions all the while.

"And what side do you identify with?" I ask.

"Bah, they're both pointless. What fun is there if the answers black or white?" She answers.

"Sounds a lot like something Discord would say," I point out.

"Discords a Pansy. I could and did beat him already," Dubious says.

"Oh? With your alchemy?" I ask, slightly irritated.

"What? Nah, before I had all this fancy magic. Back on earth?" I blink at that and facepalm at this idiots stupidity. There's no possible way a human could beat discord. The human world is a breeding ground for chaos, but clearly that fact doesn't faze her.

"Oh, I see. So you're here because you want to be." I Muse.

"Of course," she replies.

"Definitely not because Discord willed it to be," I continue.

"Nah, he thought he tricked me, but I tricked him." She says.

"Of course," I reply, trying hard not to grind my teeth at her ignorance. "And you're able to learn all those spell crafts so quickly because," she blinks at that and taps her head in thought.

"Cause I'm smart? Better than Discord obviously," she says matter of factly. "What's with the Q & A? Who are you?" She asks me, leaning forward on her hoverboard in attention.

"Me? I'm no one. Just another pawn." I say.

"I have a hard time believing that," she says.

"And what's that?" I ask.

"Because you don't strike me as `just another pawn`. Who are you really?" She asks.

"My name's Luka." I tell her.

"What was your name before?" She asks.

"I... I don't remember." I say solemnly.

"You don't remember, huh? Well, that sure is interesting. And convenient," she says with narrow eyes. My skin bristles at her insinuation.

"I don't need your criticisms," I say with a huff.

"Well you obviously need something." She says haughtily.

"And what do you need?" I ask her.

"Nothing, I can make whatever I want. I've got all I need." She scoffs.

"How about a lesson in Harmony?" I suggest.

"No need, Harmony is pointless." She says, spinning away on her board.

"Oh, I think you should listen," I tell her, throwing a rock in her direction. It flies near her head and she catches it, just like I knew she would.

"Did you just try and hit me with a rock?" She asks icily.

"Hit you? No, I never expected it to hit you. Throw it? Yeah, I threw it at you." I tell her, she spins around and gets close.

"That's not a good idea, you might get hurt." She threatens. I inspect my nails idly, holding in my anger.

"I'm not too worried about that. I woke up in the evergreen, you know." I tell her.

"You think the Everfree is any match to me?" Dubious just laughs at the thought and I scowl.

"I'm not done..." I start pacing around her.

"Music, a torrent of music. Continuous, endless, and eternal. It never stopped, and it was never the same. It changed to fit the situation, and I never questioned it. Eventually, I learned to block it out, and then control it. Only then did I realize what it was. Guess." I tell her, tossing another rock that way. She catches it, but it's clear her patience is wearing thin. Upon not hearing any answer I sigh, stopping my pacing and turning to her. "Harmony, and chaos. Both at the same time, moving together to make beautiful music. The music of nature, we're the musicians. Except, we don't make music. We just play it. Snatching notes for our own use, changing and influencing the music of nature." I say, grabbing another rock from the ground.

"If you throw another rock at me I'll stab you with it." She threatens. I smirk and toss the stone.

"Try it." I say, fading out of sight and continuing my pacing. She narrows her eyes at where I once was and starts to look around hastily. "Harmony and chaos both have their own magic, magic's that change the flow of the music. Very little people can hear the music, or so I've found..." I say, Dubious finally turns to me and the very music I am talking about lowers like a retreating wave. "But if you can hear it you can sense the magic moving around you." I finish, leaping out of the way as the music rises back up like a crashing wave. I nearly dodge a fireball and flash back into sight.

"Are you mocking me?" Dubious asks, the music around us steadily rising.

"No. Simply demonstrating. I don't need to mock you to know you're a joke." I feel the tune change and twirl out of the way of another fireball.

"It's on. I'll show you who's a joke." She says, I merely flicker out of sight.

"You're a symphony all on your own, using magic without a care. Clearly chaotic in nature, another pawn fallen to Discord." I say, nimbly dodging fireballs.

"I'm no pawn. I'm not chaotic. Chaos is weak, I'm much greater." She says, launching a barrage of fire. One ball manages to knick my arm and I grasp it in pain, allowing myself to flicker back into sight.

"Oh, Yes. I forget, you're the great and powerful Mary Sue. Discords greatest pawn." I say, Dubious falters at this.

"Mary Sue? I'm bit a Mary Sue or Discords pawn!" I roll out of the way as the music changes once more.

"No?" I ask, flickering out of sight. "You're not chaos, but all you've done is leave chaos in your wake." I say.

"Merely a byproduct of my activities," she says. "Time for an old favorite, azidoazide azide." She says, I can hear the magic working below me so I jump back.

"Shield spell!" I yell, and a second later I'm encased in a shield spell that effectually blocks out the explosion. "Thanks, Twi." I say, Twilight nods and steps back into the growing crowd once more.

"Hey, fight your own battles!" She says.

"Ah, but you see, I've got no magic of my own. Friendship is my greatest weapon. While I imagine you haven't made much of an attempt to make any friends. What do you say, Pawn of Chaos? Does a weapon of Harmony seem fair?"

"I'm not a pawn!" She exclaims. Pulling a giant weapon out of the underside of her hoverboard. "Never leave home unprepared. Enchanted Tartarite Cleaver."She says with a smirk.

"Of course not. Twilight?" She nods and gives me the weapons I'd prepared before hand.

"What are those?" She asks.

"Tonfas, enchanted to withstand three times the force of a standard explosion. I figured it's better to be safe than Sorry. I don't know how to fight, but I've acquired the skill of dancing." I tell her.

"That's it? Your Tonfas are toast against my cleaver. Wait, dancing? You don't know how to fight? What good will dancing do you?" She laughs and I smirk.

"Probably nothing if your cleaver wasn't enchanted. But since it is... it's far easier to dance to music," I say, nimbly dodging a wide swing as the music moves. "I'm vastly outranked in near any fight, especially this one. I've had to learn to dance to even stand a chance of surviving in this world." I tell her, barely dodging her swings. I feel the drop in tempo and my eyes fly open, the same steady beat accompanys a swing of the cleaver. What I notice a bit too late, however, is the sneaky ball of fire that follows it. I lurch away from it and it strikes my side. I clutch the wound in pain and look up to find a barrage of fireballs.

"I've always found it rather easy to beat foes before they finish monologueing." Dubious says, I scowl.

"Shield spell!" I yell.

"No fair!" Dubious yells, trying to pinpoint the unicorn casting it. I slip out of sight and nurse my wound.

"So then, Pawn. What have you learned so far?" I ask. Stepping back into sight.

"I'm not a pawn! I beat Discord," she says, swinging her cleaver. I half dodge, half deflect the blow with my tonfas. It gives me enough room to block the lightning that strikes beside me.

"So you're not a one trick pony. But that doesn't mean you're not a pawn. Tell me how you beat Discord, God of chaos, on the human world. As a human, and most definitely not a Mary Sue hyped up on magic." I mock, trying to keep my distance from the cleaver so I only have to worry about the fireballs and electricity.

"I just beat him. I know his weaknesses. And I'm not a Mary Sue! I'm mortal like you just with maximum brain capacity unlocked and various magic's on my side." She says, nonchalantly tossing fireballs and lightning at me with reckless abandon.

"No one says a Mary Sue isn't mortal, they just have the power to resolve most anything immediately. But let's not focus on that. Let's focus on the fact you let Discord deceive you. It's simply unbelievable that a simple human with no magical abilities could easily beat Discord. You know what I think happened? I think Discord found the perfect pawn. An egotistical, selfish, human with a chaotic nature. One that thinks they're better than even a God, and that truly believes they can beat one. What next? Feed that ego, make them believe it. Then truly give them the power and let them loose, the perfect recipe for chaos. A Mary Sue, the solution to Discords problem. A pawn that not only leaves chaos in it's wake, but makes chaos and Harmony inferior without realizing their sides already been decided." I say, Dubious growing angrier and more vicious. I feel the magic all around shift as she prepares a bigger spell.

"You can assume all you want, but I'm smarter than that weakling Discord. Let's see how you like water," she says. A giant glass tank surrounds me on all sides before all the air turns to water. My side stings as the burns pain returns to the forefront of my mind. I watch as Dubious smirks at me evilly from outside. I calm myself and reach my hand over to my other sleeve, I let loose a high note from the sleeve. It's not enough, so I raise it higher and higher. Eventually, I see the glass cracking and my head's getting lighter from the loss of oxygen. I increase the volume all the way up and take a note from Vinyl Scratch, I drop the bass.

The tank shatters and I fall to the ground, gasping for air. I hear Dubious stamp furiously and I feel the magic acting once more. I stand and look around frantic, wondering what tricks she's gonna pull.

"Let's kick it up a notch. See how you like some Nitrogen Triiodide." I feel the ground around me shift and hear the music decrease to a steady hum. I don't dare take a step, but I can feel Dubious preparing something else. "Try dodging now," she says.

"Cloud walking spell!" I yell.

"What?" Twilight asks in confusion.

"Do it!" I yell frantically as a fireball Knicks me in the leg, I wince at the pain. I hear the music shifting around me and move out of the way of a fireball. It lands beside me and sets of an explosion after landing on the Nitrogen Triiodide.

"I have to commend you on lasting longer than Blueballs, even if you haven't launched any attacks." She says, I just Dodge the various magics. I'm slowing considerably and taking more and more hits as time goes on, the hit to my side is really wearing me down. Dubious, however, doesn't seem to be slowing and must have much better stamina than I do.

"I'm sure Discords proud. In fact, I'm sure he's been keeping tabs on you. I bet he's watching now." I tell her.

"Let him. He could never hope to match me." Dubious boasts. I just laugh at her, she gives me a glare.

"Don't you get it? Discord brought you here, he gave you that body, he gave you those powers. Or, at least, the potential to get those powers. He could easily take that all away. He's more powerful than you, and obviously smarter. The greatest slave is the one that doesn't try to escape because it thinks it has free will already." I tell her.

"You keep saying the same thing, you're like a broken record." She says with an exaggerated eye roll. I blink out of view and take a breather while Dubious tries to look for me.

"I'm just wondering if it'll ever get through that thick skull of yours," I say, dodging the proceeding fireball.

"Well, seeing as the Nitrogen Triiodide isn't working, let's go back to water." I prepare for the tank of water, but the ground just gets damp as it gets covered in water. Dubious jumps onto her hoverboard and lowers her hand. "How about a little shock therapy?" I hear the music shift as thunder races into the ground. After a couple seconds of nothing happening Dubious grows frustrated and confused at why I'm not being electrocuted. "Why aren't you dead?!" She asks, I just snicker.

"Thunderforged pads on my shoes, let's me walk on clouds. As well as being resistant to lightning, in case it's a storm cloud. A gift from a Pegasus friend of mine." I tell her.

"Then why did you need a cloud walking spell?" She asks.

"They work differently. The boots don't have the added lift that reduces body weight, and I needed that unless I wanted to set off the explosions." I explain, Dubious ceases her attack and hops off her board.

"You're certainly annoying." She growls, swinging her sword towards me.

"I like to call it determination." I reply.

"Whatever it is, it won't help you forever. You haven't struck any attacks, but I've been scraping at you slowly. I will win." She says.

"You've had many chances to win already. You didn't take any of them. You're stopped by your own chaos. The music of chaos swirls around you like a fiery concerto. A little high for my tastes," I say, jumping back towards the edge of the crowd. The crowd thins and thins until there's one pony directly behind me. "Let's drop..." I leap back behind a stereo, "the bass." Vinyl slams the button on the machine and Dubious stops her attacks long enough to marvel at the machine. It slides open to reveal it's true purpose, it's a Bass Cannon. The machine shoots directly towards Dubious and she doesn't move. The light created by the sound is so bright I have to close my eyes. The sound subsides and my ears are ringing, I look at the spot Dubious was standing and sigh.

"But... the power of a Mary Sue is greater. And I never stood a chance. If Discords already tricked you into being an unassuming pawn it will never be a voids job to show you the truth, that job would fall to a Harmony player." I say, stepping up to the dome that lay unaffected by the blast. Dubious let's the dome collapse into thin air and I just stand there, she brings the sword up and I don't move.

"Come on, don't you have anything to say.

"You won't lose. I may be right, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll win. Even if you don't align yourself with chaos, you still cause it. I used Harmony to stay alive, but I made the mistake of using Chaos to try and change your mind." I say, she smirks. She doesn't lower her weapon.

"The only reason you're not dead is because I like having fun more than I like killing." She responds.

"As I said, your chaos is the only thing halting immediate victory. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it's important to take notice of." I say.

"Whatever, it's been fun. But I've won, and you're done." She says.

"I think not." I deflect the sword and sidestep it, turning around and walking away. Paying close attention to the music and disappearing from sight.

"Hmph... I swear, one of these days I'll finish a duel to the death." Dubious says in irritation. I continue walking past the crowd in search of a certain group of ponies. I find them and drop my stealth.

"Luka! Are you Okay?!" I hear Applejack ask, rushing to my side. I wince as she pulls at the fabric of my dress to get a better look at the burn, it's not pretty.

"Well... I can rightly say I've been worse, but... the adrenaline is starting to wear off and it seems I wasn't near as nimble as I imagined. That sword hurts like Tartarus if it even scratches you. In short, no. And I'd very much like medical attention." I say, pain shooting through my body.

"Okay, let's get you to a hospital." Twilight says, standing to the side of me and making sure I don't fall. Applejack lifts me up and props me on her back, I can't help but blush at her strength.

"C'mon Sugar. Let's get you to the hospital." Applejack says.

"Thanks, AJ." I say, allowing myself to relax on her back but still keeping a firm grip.

"Luka. All those things you said, were they true?" Rarity asks.

"I don't know, probably." I say.

"Then she really can't be beat?" Rarity has a distressed look and I sigh.

"No, no. She's mortal. I believe that much. She's just... powerful. It would be very hard, and that's considering we need to or should beat her. I say we wait and see whether she is a resource or a threat." I say, Rarity nods reluctantly and the group goes quiet.

~

I lay in a hospital bed in thought, boredom has overtaken me. Everyone I can imagine would visit me has visited me. Even some unexpected visitors. I listen to the music hanging in the air, the dormant magic. The residual tunes of spells long passed. And the distant sound of shifting tunes, the music of magic. The Harmony. The reason Magic is a big aspect in Harmony, Harmony and Magic are partners.

My gaze falls to a card on the bedside table, a gift from the crusaders. I look at the hoof drawn art on the front fondly and remember how sincere they were when they came to visit me. I don't remember anyone on earth ever caring like they did. I don't remember anyone on earth. I don't remember.

I sigh as this thought takes hold. I forgot it all, even after fighting so hard to remember. I don't remember anything about my life before. I'll remember things about our world, like what an airplane is. But I couldn't tell you who the president is, or what my favorite color was.

I'm startled out of my reverie by a gentle rapping on the door. "Come in." I say gently, the spot swings open and I find a mare I know. Though, not personally. It's Octavia Philharmonica, a cellist and Vinyls roommate. "Octavia? What a pleasant surprise." I smile at her and she looks a little shocked as she walks in.

"You've heard of me?" She asks, sitting beside my bed.

"Of course, you played at the gala. I'm a fan of your music." I tell her. It's true, I've heard her playing at night. Sometimes I sit in the benches beside her house and listen to her practice, it's a nice relief from the music of magic sometimes.

"It's nice to know that, sometimes I fear I fade into obscurity like many other musicians." She admits with a chuckle. We go silent for a couple seconds before I speak up again.

"As much of a pleasure it is, I do wonder why you're here. We haven't had much interaction other than when I was visiting Vinyl and you happened to walk in." I mention, she seems to give me a nervous glance before speaking up again.

"Do you really hear the music? The music that's always playing?" She asks, I look at her in interest.

"Yes. I do." I say slowly, gauging her reaction. She looks relieved, and somewhat nervous.

"You said it was the sound of magic? Is that true as well." She asks hopefully.

"Yes. Why do you ask?" I ask her in return.

"Because I thought I was the only one... I never thought of it as any more than music. I Thought it was my Muse, it's what earned me my cutie mark. I eventually learned to ignore it and now I mostly do that, but it's still there... but, I never knew it was magic. I never knew it as anything more than music." She says solemnly. "But, you seem to know what it is, and you know how to read it. I'd like to learn... if you don't mind." Octavia finishes with wide hopeful eyes and I can't help but to chuckle.

"Okay, but if I am to teach you, you have to learn it properly. Magic theory and all, you have to learn the ins and outs of magic." I tell her, she nods in acceptance.

"Whatever it takes." She says determinedly. I look at her determined gaze in amusement, it's nice to see somepony with such enthusiasm about magic that's not a unicorn.

"Okay then, we can start lessons once I'm out of the hospital." I tell her.

"Thank you, you won't regret it!" She exclaims with a wide grin.

"Excuse me, miss? Visiting hours are now over. I'm going to have to ask you to leave so our patient can get her rest." The nurse says, Octavia nods.

"I suppose that's my cue, I'll see you tomorrow." Octavia raises to her hooves calmly.

"See you tomorrow then." I say with a smile, she leaves and I'm once again left to my lonesome. Except I'm feeling slightly better about the future, and about my newest friend and protege

Author's Note:

Hello! Starlet here! And I wrote this totally crazy chapter. It all started with a discussion about Dubious. Next thing I know I'm making this, with Dubious' permission of course. In case it wasn't clear, I don't like Mary Sue's. Dubious struck me as a Mary Sue. Dubious thinks otherwise. What are your thoughts?
Fun-fact: I started this after two noncanon chapters I'm currently still working on. Hopefully they're done soon, they're turning out to be rather long. and I do plan to release a sequel of sorts to this chapter. Involving Octavia and her learning about magic. I may not go through with it, I'm just planning. I've got to finish the two I'm working on first...

PreviousChapters Next