• Published 8th Jul 2014
  • 3,069 Views, 455 Comments

Vocaloid in Equestria: beta session - DerpyStarlet



Me and my brother got sucked into our computer and now I'm Rin and my brother's Len in the Vocaloid group.

  • ...
21
 455
 3,069

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Let's have a little chat...

As Rin and the others talked with Nyx, I couldn’t help, but notice the little moodswing she had when Rin said that Luka liked being alone. I get the feeling that that was not the case at all. Luka was a strange one, that was certainly true, but there was something else about her. Something… off. Not the bad kind off, just off. Like she was hiding something.

Maybe that’s it, she’s hiding something from us. Or maybe it’s that she’s hiding from us. Out of all of us, Luka seems to be the most willing to go back home; back to the way things were. I excuse myself from the group quietly, making sure they never even noticed that I left and began to walk down the halls of the castle. I still can’t believe I’m here in Twilight’s castle. The show really doesn’t do it justice. The walls have multi-hued crystal pillars every few steps and the ceilings look as if they’re covered in gems. A breathtaking sight indeed.

I shake my head, refocusing on my destination. It took a little searching, being that the damn place is so frickin’ huge, but I eventually found the part I was looking for: Twilight’s new library. I smile as I look in to see that the mare I was looking for was right where I thought she’d be. I shuffle in silently, not making a single sound and come up right behind her as she’s reading her book. I lean down close to her ear and say, “Hey Twi!”

“EEK!” Twilight immediately teleports herself, ending up on top of one of her bookcases, looking down at me while panting heavily. “Kaito?! KAITO?! What did you do that for?!”

I laugh a little at her jumpy nature, but calm down almost immediately. “Sorry about that, princess. Guess I’m like a ninja.”

She grumbles a little before teleporting down in front of me. “That wasn’t very nice, Kaito. You really scared me.”

I rub the back of my head, blushing a little at her cute pouting. “Sorry about that. Couldn’t help myself. Anyways, Princess Twilight, there was something I wanted to ask you about.”

“Oh?” she magically pulls over a couple of large cushions, sitting down in one while I take the other. “What is it that you wanted to talk about?”

“Well, I haven’t exactly had the chance to learn how the others came to Equestria. Would you mind filling in the gaps for me?”

“Certainly, but why not just ask the others?”

“I get the feeling that I’ll hear tales from them when what I want is the simple truth.”

“Well, I guess so. Okay, the girls and I met Rin and Len first when we were exploring the Castle of the Two Sisters. They were messing around with a large organ in the basement, activating trap doors and hidden walls that separated all, but Applejack and myself. The two of us found the twins, who accidentally reunited all of us, and then we brought them here to keep them safe.”

“That sounds like those two. What about Kamui?”

“Kamui arrived with Luka, who was found by the Cutie Mark Crusaders. According to Applejack, Kamui ran into her and Luka while being chased by a manticore.”

“He angered a manticore?” I ask with a raised eyebrow. I knew Kamui was crazy, but I didn’t think he had a death wish. I pinch the bridge of my nose with a sigh. “Okay, that’s another strange thing added to the ‘Kamui List’. Now, what about Luka?”

Twilight frowns a little and puts on a weird face. “Luka’s a hard one to understand. I met her after she was found by the crusaders. She and Pinkie began to sing once we were inside the castle, but she cried herself to sleep afterwards. Then, we find out she had fallen into Poison Joke the night before, splitting her into the seven deadly sins the next morning. We finally got her to the cure, but we learned that she has a lot of anger towards herself. I really don’t think that’s all that healthy.”

I nod at Twilight’s story, not knowing what else to do. It was kind of a hard thing to hear. Even though I just met her, I knew that Luka was a friend, one that I knew I had to help. I stand up,

“Thank you for that information, Twilight. Now, if you'll excuse me, Luka and I need to have a little talk.”

“Is it a bad talk?” she asks as I almost walk out the door. I stop and let out a sigh.

“I hope not, but I have the feeling that it’s not going to be pretty. I shall see you later, Twilight.”

I walk away, not waiting for her response. I move down the halls of the castle like a man on a mission, which I very much am. I knew Luka was hiding something from us and, now, I think I have an idea what it is. She’s hiding an inner demon, or something similar.

I find the room Luka had gone in previously and just wait outside the door for a moment. Once I go in there, words will be said that can never be taken back. It may hurt her, or me, or both, but this can’t continue on any longer. I am going to find out once and for all what Megurine Luka is hiding from us. I place my hand on the door, shoving it open as I strode in, surprising Luka in the process.

“Luka, I think it’s time you and I had a little chat.”

“What about exactly?” she asks, somewhat skeptically.

“About you, or more precisely, why you keep avoiding myself and the others.”

Luka sighs a little, “I’m not avoiding you. Not on purpose. Nor am I avoiding the others…” She offers weakly.

I eye her a little, not convinced in the slightest. “It’s about the mind changes, isn’t it?”

“That’s only a mild part contributing to a bigger problem. But… in essence, yes.” she rubs her arm, clearly uncomfortable at how deep she knows I’ll try to dig.

“Oh, really. I think there’s much more to it now. So let me take another guess: you fear letting it take over, don’t you?”

She chuckles lightly at some untold joke, but there is no mirth in her eyes. “Yes, but I don’t imagine you know all of it. That’s not even half of it, sure it’s important… but there’s much more. I… can’t say.” She looks away a little guiltily

“Then I have a question for you. Why do you keep fighting it? Why don’t you embrace it?”

“That might work for some of you… but not for me. Why do I fight it? Fear? Worry? Anger?

Maybe I just don’t want to take any chances. Maybe I’m just a rebel…” she trails off, a distant look in her eyes.

“Have you even considered that that’s what Discord wants? He wants you to fight it? Because from how I see it, the more you fight the harmony, the worse you’re going to be. I embraced this power as soon as I realized it was there; I didn’t fear it, even if I feared what it could bring.

It’s really much simpler than you realize, Luka.”

“...Are you familiar with popular religion? Christianity?” she asks, the distant look still there.

“Unfortunately,” I say with disgust, but let’s not bring in bad memories.

“So, I’m sure you’re familiar with the devil being a denizen of trickery?” She asks, now staring directly at me. Her eyes lack any emotion, they’re cold and calculating. Eyes I knew all too well.

“...yes. But what does that have to do with you?”

“How does any Christian know that all the things we perceive as good aren’t just perceived as so because the devil tricked us so easily into believing we were doing the right things? How can we be sure when the game master is just as much of a trickster as his opponent? Harmony, Chaos, It doesn’t matter. I don’t care if I succumb to Chaos, or am coaxed into Harmony… As long as I’m making the choice. I won’t be a pawn, only bad things can come of that,” she says, her eyes staring into my soul.

I narrow my eyes at her in challenge. “And you really think that I would be a pawn, too? You don’t get it do you? We’re playing Discord’s game and the only way to win is by playing through. If you are going to stand any chance against whatever he has cooked up, then you are going to need the gifts he gave us. That’s my plan; he gave us these powers, but the moment he messes up or does something to any of the others, including you, I’m gonna use these gifts to take him down. You think me naïve, Luka, but Discord is not the only one who knows how chaos works. I know how he thinks.”

“I don’t need to stand a chance. and I definitely don’t think you naïve, just jaded. Yes, he gave you an advantage. That’s how he works, he likes to have fun. Well I won’t let him have fun at the cost of all these ponies lives. Even when something looks like a good thing, it can still work against you. Playing along is a sound decision if there’s any definites in the game. But that’s just it, there are no definitive factors about any of this. I won’t risk any of it…” she says half-heartedly.

I sigh heavily and hang my head. “There’s no getting through to you is there?” I turn around and start heading for the door. “Two things before I go, Luka. One, always remember that there is no Harmony without Chaos, life needs both to work and only when you embrace both will you truly find peace. And two, no matter what you think of us, we will be there for you. Even if we just met, you are our friend and we will not let this game destroy you. You can count on us, whether you believe so or not.”

“I know… and I wish it were so easy. but it’s not that I think ill of you. No, you’re a unique group of people that will probably sort this out on your own, but… Paranoia. Nothing is ever as simple as it seems, especially if Chaos or Harmony are involved as heavily as now. I trust you, to some extent. This game will destroy me whether I want it to or not, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. So, worry not.” she sighs and slumps against a wall. Tilting her head towards the ceiling in thought, she looks at her fist and flexes it idly. Then she turns away and just sits there, thinking.

The next words out of my mouth, I don’t know where they came from or what they meant, but I know somehow, they affected Luka. “A piece of you has been lost, yet it is not so far away. Look beyond what you see and you shall discover your destiny. I worry about you Luka, because if we don’t stick together, then we have already lost. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think it’s time to make the first move.”

“I stick true to what I said. But what, may I ask, is the first move?” she gets up from the floor and dusts herself off, regaining her calm demeanor and leaving behind all traces of emotion.

I smile wickedly at her. “How else my dear? It’s time to properly introduce myself to our host.”

“Discord? Count me out, I think I’ll just stick around here. I doubt, highly, that he’d come see me.” she brushes a strand of hair out of her view indifferently.

I shrug in response. “To each their own. Though I think you’d be better off joining the others, they’re starting to think you like being alone all the time.” I walk off, putting a hand in the air as I stroll. “See ya around Luka, and try to cheer up, you look cuter without all the doom and gloom.”

“Nice try, but the subject is highly unresponsive to your approach,” she says condescendingly.

“And I am not all doom and gloom! I’m just not all hyped up!” She calls indignantly, I snicker at her antics.

“Heh, you say that, but I can feel your blush from here! See ya!” I race off before she has another chance to berate me, smiling madly as I do so. I stop after a few hallway changes, panting slightly, though still smiling. “Heh, you know, if she wasn’t originally a guy, I’d tap that.”

~

I sigh, but smile besides myself. Cheeky bastard, going around and slinging flirtatious comments without a care. I chuckle lightly at the thought, I could never understand that. Being asexual, I never really had a care to think of anything like that. I always did enjoy those that did. I think on what he’s said, some of it true, some of it not. Then again, truth is really relative.

I think on his idea, to greet Discord. I don’t care to meet the denizen of chaos, nothing good can come of it. Just some snide comments, mysterious prophecies, and more than likely chocolate rain. No thank you, I’m content keeping to myself. I will have to make more of an effort to socialize though, that much is clear. Definitely at the party to introduce us to Ponyville, then I can spend some quality time with my favorite crusaders.

Heh, I wonder if they’d let me join? I’m technically a blank flank. And I technically don’t know my talent. I frown at this, it’s not entirely true. I know I used to like to write, but I also know the pull of music is strong. Even now, Especially now, in the silence. Maybe the crusaders could help me take my mind off it, maybe let me audit some crusades. Perhaps even help.

I’m ecstatic at the thought, and I repress the idea that this summons. It’s an unpleasant truth I try not to dwell on, even if it does give me empathy to them. I just wasn’t popular, and I never got to do that stuff. Maybe wanting to hang with them is fulfilling some childhood wish to just go out and have fun without worrying about the consequences.

I flinch at the thought as it brings such startling clarity. That’s it, that’s the problem. I’m spending so long dwelling on the things that are wrong. One of the personality traits I hate is the most beneficial, ignorance. I haven’t been trying to ignore anything, and I won’t be able to.

But I can still try to just ignore a little more of the bad stuff until it’s necessary to not ignore them. I sigh as I realize this.

I attempt to push the thoughts of Chaos and Harmony out of my mind, focusing on myself instead. I need another opinion, an unbiased one. Does everyone really see me as doom and gloom?

I step out of the room and head towards the library. The castle’s layout tends to be very straightforward, and I always had a thing for directions. So, I arrive in no time at all. I open the door and Twilight is reading a book silently. She’s so engrossed in it that she doesn’t even notice me as I lean over her shoulder and look at the page too.

“Hey, Twilight.” I whisper and lean back. Twilight teleports very suddenly to a bookshelf and I chuckle at her antics.

“Geez, Kait- oh, it’s you Luka. Don’t scare me like that!” She tries to catch her breath and she teleports back down.

“I made no attempt to hide my footsteps, so…” I stop there and let that sink in. “Twilight?” I ask.

“Yes?”

“How do you see me?” Twilight grows a little nervous at this.

“Well… I’d say you’re very unique-” I interrupt her, seeing where this is going.

“Please, be brutally honest.” I tell her calmly.

“Are you sure?” I nod and she takes in a breath. “You seem very calculated, but also a little unsociable. Quite cautious too, and also very willing to put others before yourself. You tend to…” she stops at this, and she looks to me cautiously. “You, don’t seem to have a very high opinion of yourself.” she finishes, a little unsure of herself.

“What makes you say that? the last part, that is.” I ask, somewhat quietly.

“Well… you mentioned specifically how wrath was a part of you, a very influential part-” I blink, and then I laugh. Twilight looks at me in confusion as I calm down.

“I see, a little misunderstanding.” Twilight tilts her head, “When I said wrath hated herself, that’s what I meant. I don’t like being angry. When my personality that could only express that discontent, she hated herself. I personally like how I am. I wouldn’t be fighting back so hard if I didn’t like myself,” Twilight lets out a breath in relief. “And, It’s not that I’m unsociable… per se. I just can’t do the same things as the other Vocaloids, I can’t do it. I would love to hang out with others though, because it seems I’m sending of this terrible image of myself.”

“I’m sorry,” Twilight apologizes, I wave it off.

“It’s not your fault. it’s mine.” I look around the library. “Hey, Twilight? Mind if I hang with you… and just, read?” I ask, hoping she says yes. She looks surprised.

“Oh, yes. That’s fine,” I scan the shelves and eventually pull out a book, I sit next to Twilight as she does her reading. I look over her for a second before smiling and opening my own book.

Ignoring things is a good plan, but it’s also a bad plan. If I had ignored everything I wouldn’t be here. Maybe I need to rethink my plan, because the answer seems less clear. I put the thought out of my mind as I dig into the first daring do book, completely enraptured by the equestrian literature.

~

I look around the large room I discovered in the palace, noting that it will be perfect for my plan. “Okay, now how to go about summoning a god of chaos? Hmm, where’s a magic lamp or a set of seven magic orbs when you need ‘em? I really should have worked this out first before deciding to do this.” I pinch the bridge of my nose and start to pace around. I had honestly know idea how to summon an all powerful chaos lord, as it could be practically anything! Hell, stepping on a bug could be the way to do it for all I knew.

Then I shrug. “Aw to hell with it, let’s go with a classic. Now, how did that old chant go?” I snap my fingers as the original spell comes back from ages old memory. I clear my throat and speak, “I know I should be wary, Still I venture someplace crazy, Purest chaos I summon my lord … Discord, Discord, Discord!”

For a moment, nothing happens. Then, like someone flipped a switch, the room begins to spin and I hear cackling coming from the walls. I smirk, of course it had to be the Beetlejuice way.

Like I should have expected anything else. The middle of the floor opens up like a stage concert and a platform out of nowhere rises up, bring forth a creature that looks nuttier than that squirrel from Hoodwinked. He’s wearing a suit, a monocle on his right eye, a black top hat on his head, and wearing a fancy expression.

“Who has summoned me? I was in the middle of my midday tea.” Even his voice is fancy. Did I summon the wrong Discord? Nah, he’s gotta be messing with me. Well, when in Rome…

“My apologies, good sir, it seems I have dialed the wrong number. I was hoping to speak to the delightful Discord, but it appears I was mistaken.” He looks down on me, then smiles deviously. Called it! He rips off all that fancy crap and starts laughing madly.

“Ahaha! Well played, Kaito, well played.” He claps me on the back, making me stagger just a bit. Dude’s got a good amount of muscle, surprisingly. “Good to see ya, DJ. So… how are things?”

“Heh, as if you don’t know. Haven’t you been keeping tabs on all us? This is your game after all.”

He looks offended. “Me? Spy on all of you? Why the nerve… ok yes I’ve kept my eye on all of you.” One eye suddenly falls out its socket and lands on my head. I try to look at it, looking slightly uncomfortable. “Whoops!” He picks it up, blows on it, wipes it on his chest, and then returns the eye to its proper place. “Sorry about that, I have wandering eye syndrome.” He starts laughing at his own joke.

I snort a little, shaking my head as I do so. “You’re nuts.”

He shrugs and poofs up some popcorn. “To one’s their own, am I right?” I smile at him and he smiles back. “I can see you have grown in the short time you’ve been here, Kaito. I’m quite proud of you; you’ve even managed to figure out how to see beyond what you see, like Pinkie Pie. How’d you do it?”

“My mind’s already broken, Dissy. It didn’t take too much to see everything she sees. Plus, I had some… help.”

“Ah, yes. That deep darkness in your heart, showing you what is true and what is not. Very good, you’ve exceeded my hopes for you. Now, is everything going according to plan?”

“Rin, Len, and Kamui are none the wiser to everything going on. They’re just enjoying themselves, like I’m trying to. Luka, however, well she’s going to be a problem. She’s refusing to play the game.”

“What?! Oh but that just won’t do!”

“I tried talking to her, but she’s set on defying everything about this world. She’s shutting herself off from both harmony and chaos. I would applaud her if it weren’t such a stupid idea.”

“Very true. I want you to keep a look out on her, Kaito. I don’t want on my latest playmates to kill themselves off.”

“Of course, just remember our deal, Discord. The Vocaloids, the mane six and their families, as well as the royal family are off limits. Do I make myself clear?” I summon my magic to my hand, it’s blue light making my face even more ominous.

Discord laughs in amusement. “Ah, you’re much further along with your powers than I thought, but be careful of how you speak to me. While I may hold you in high regard Kaito, I will not be disrespected.”

“Then just hold up your end and I’ll do my part. I may not be proficient with this sword yet, but my powers are more powerful than I thought. This ice energy you gave me has become quite the weapon in my hands.”

“...You applied that stupid Dragon Ball training in your mind to uncover its secrets, didn’t you?”

“Guilty as charged.”

“Heh, very good. Already you are farther along than I ever predicted. I have high hopes for you

Kaito,” he stretches out his lion paw, “I trust you won’t let me down.”

I place my hand out and we shake. “I wouldn’t dream of it. Chaos and harmony must balance each other out. This world has far too much harmony, so it’s about time to spread some chaos.”

“Well said. Together, chaos shall be spread throughout Equestria.”

“As you wish… Lord Discord.”

Author's Note:

This chapter was created by DJSkywalker726. :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next