• Published 16th Jun 2014
  • 449 Views, 7 Comments

The Princess - Sun Dial



Rule 1. The Princess Lies Rule 2 Do not get between the Princess and Cake Rule 3: Never ever, no matter what you do, hurt those that the Princess loves, because she will make you wish for your life to be as pleasant as hell.

  • ...
1
 7
 449

Full House Princess High

Year 4521 CE (Common Era), 134,521 AD (After Departure)

Aces High hesitated and calmed herself, before knocking on her boss’ door. It was but a few moments before an astral projection of a mare appeared beside her, the magic crystal glowing on the wall. The mare was definitely not Spelled Right, having a horn rather than a black and white striped coat. Aces High gave little thought to the white coated pinked hair fill-in secretary.

“Deal Strike is waiting for you,” the mare said as the door slid to the side.

Aces walked into the room with a grin that typically signified that she had just managed to outplay her latest victim for a few bits in poker. If she was lucky, she’d be able to make off with a few of those fantasized bits.

“You need something, Dropbolt?” Deal asked, fading out the screens in front of him and looking at Aces over his desk.

Confident, knows the game, holds at least a straight, no higher than a full house.

“A casino that actually gives me a challenge. But beyond my fantasies, just an itch that’s been bothering me,” Aces said.

“Oh? What could bother a pony who does nothing but gamble their life away?” Deal Strike snarked.

“My team’s last seven drops. All of them have been on the gas giant Grandeur within in a 50 mile radius. We go in, break up a storm, and then it shows up again barely 3 days later. Even on a giant, that shouldn’t be happening sir. Plus all the Dropbolts have complained about finding dust everywhere in their gear. Within the past two weeks we’ve had to break up the storm five times. It’s not natural, we need to get a weather team to look at it. There’s also the issue of us being the only Dropbolts for this system and if we keep our ship in orbit above Grandeur, we won’t make it in time if another disk needs our help, we’ll have to resort to teleportation. Not exactly a cheap option.”

“That is a very astute conjecture Miss High. I myself was wondering the same thing and have already sent for a weather team,” Deal Strike eyed the pegasus mare.
Caught him cheating, doesn’t like it. Folds to keep me from calling his game. Too much fear, eliminates me from the game.

“I was unaware that you were so drained from all the excess work these past two weeks. It's such a shame. You get so little work most of the time. I thought it would be pleasant to have a steady pay.”

“Nah, I’m not drained at all. Just annoyed. Haven’t been able to double my earnings in a casino the past two weeks, and I’ve got a lot of bits just jostling around,” Aces snorted.

If I don’t care that he cheats, he eases up and folds.

“Well why didn’t you say so? The Dropbolts certainly have brought in a few more bits lately. What would you say to 100 bit raise per drop? Not anything like what you could win at the casino, but I trust that it’ll help satisfy your needs?” Deal laughed heartily.

“Who am I to reject a raise?” Aces smiled, walking towards the desk and turning on the weather screen. “Now where’s the latest storm cropped up?”


“Five minutes till drop zone, Aces,” Aces heard over her comm system in her drop suit.

Confident that it’s a straight.

“Roger,” She replied, walking in front of her squad and giving a quick inspection, she saw no signs of damage to their drop suits. “Alright troops!” she barked. “We are approaching the jump point. This is a by-the-book operation, thirty second intervals. Those rock farmers need this Class 4 Storm Swirl broken up if they want any chance at a good harvest this year and it’s our job to make sure they get that! Am I clear!?”

“Ma’am! Yes, Ma’am!” the team clamored.

“What’s our mission!?”

Confident.

“Thrills, chills and storm kills!” the team said.

“Who are we?!” Aces demanded.

As if we have a flush.

“We are Discord ridden Dropbolts, Ma’am!” The team exclaimed

“Damn right we are, and we’re gonna make the greatest sonic booms this disk has ever seen! Then we will head back and I will take every last bit paid to you cloud crashers in a nice friendly game of Poker! And I emphasize friendly! Do I make myself clear?” Aces said with a smirk. Beneath her poker mask, guilt drove a small spike into her veins.

“Actually, it’s called a Sonic Rainboom.” One of the crew singsonged.

Aces’ head snapped to the Dropbolt and met with a surprise. Did someone call in sick without her knowing? The pegasus in front of her was taller than she should be. “Excuse me?”

The strange bolt giggled. “Rainbow Dash was quite proud of her Sonic Rainboom. After all, she was the pegasus that developed the technique used today. Not that she had any idea what she was doing, as normal. Unique little things, pegasi, casting spells completely unaware of what they are doing, just letting their emotion run things. Provides such a different way to look at magic.”

“For example, there are several kinds of sonic booms and the one that you’ll be performing today doesn’t vent your mana.” The pegasus continued. “No, no. That’s what the unicorns do, they give form to their aura. That’s also why the Sonic Rainboom is different from a magically enhanced pegasus’s sonic boom.” The mare tapped the bottom of her chin. “No, the Sonic Rainboom more or less turns the air all topsy-turvy, refracting light and all sorts of other mystical wonders. That’s why it’s always a rainbow. Just a mere bending of the known laws of physics. Rainbow Dash, she’s quite the hothead, and even the laws of physics had a hard time butting heads with her. So it would really be rude to call it anything other than a Sonic Rainboom.” The stranger said waving her hoofs to and fro to emphasize certain points.

Aces was stumped. This mare was just bizarre, and on top of that, where was that little thing that her cutie mark did? The one where she could get a read on ponies? Yeah, wasn’t anywhere around.

“We’ve entered the drop zone, Sargent. You’re all clear.” the pilot radioed.

“Tirek’s Horns. You heard her troops!” she shouted, opening up the back of the ship. “Time to roll the dice is over! Get a move on!”

The first Dropbolt leapt out the ship, tucked neatly as he aimed to hit maximum velocity. He was followed by the other three at thirty second intervals, until it was just Aces and the strange pony left. Aces was about to jump when a hoof moved in front of her.

“Exactly how much is 100 bits worth?” The strange bolt asked.

Aces watched as the pony jumped off, her heart pricked with guilt. The pony's voice hadn’t been harsh or particularly angry, but more like a mother scolding a child.

In fact, now that Aces thought about it, that was exactly how she felt; like a filly who had been caught stealing three cookies when she was only allowed two. A quick beep on her HUD caught her attention and Aces jumped.

Rushing wind, total free fall, acceleration not found on the smaller disks. As much as Aces was a gambler, the thrill of the jump was something she could never get away from.

“Bogey.” she said. “You know, for a mare who knows seemingly obscure mythology about the sonic boom, you sure don’t know how to perform one.” Her radio went silent for but a moment as she dropped towards the mare, who had her wings spread out as if she was catching a summer breeze.

The mare flipped over, just as relaxed as ever, practically taunting Aces as she slowly caught up to her. “Perhaps a romantic night with a certain stallion? One hundred bits would certainly make for a delicious dinner. Or maybe you’re giving it to some orphans who are just trying to survive? That would certainly be a worthy cause. Or is it something a bit more self-centered? Hmm? Are you trying to buy something to pay respects to a lost one?”

“Why does it matter to you!?” she snapped.

“I merely wonder what the value of making others miserable is. The earth ponies who live by transforming rocks into gems can’t work in these storms. What is the value of a hundred bits?”

Aces snapped her wings open, catching the air and slowing her down as she approached the other falling pegasus. “Why should I care about some random farmers who will get subsidized anyways? Huh?! They’ll make their money and I’ll make mine! Just who the Tartarus do you think you are to tell me what I can and can’t do?”

The question went unanswered as the two pegasi wedged themselves firmly in a cloudbank where there had been nothing but open space a moment before. Aces gasped for air trying to get her breath back from the sudden impact. She breathed hard, waiting for several moments as the pain subsided before weakly getting to her legs. “Where the buck did this come from?”

“You’re asking the wrong question.” the other mare said, poking the clouds with her wings, exposing what looked to be the magic barrier that hid these clouds.

Curse these suits and their face visors. If Aces could get a read on this pony, maybe she could understand what was going on. No use in whining though, and if this pony wanted to play, she might as well go with it. “You’re inferring that this cloud has been here the whole time and the question should be why it’s cloaked. Who cares if some cloud is floating around in these skies?”

“Mmmm.”

“By the Librarian, give me something! Who are you and what do you want from me? You’ve done nothing but ask questions and be nonsensical.”

The mare gave a small chuckle. “I have spent more time around him in the past 1000 years than I normally do. Look like he’s rubbed off on me. As for who I am? That’s simple, I’m The Princess.”

“The Princess? What does that even mean? The nearest star system with a Sovereignty is at least 12 warps away, and they hold no power in this one. Not to shatter your pretty little bubble, but here, no one has to respect you or do anything you say.” The cloud beneath Aces started to fill with lightning, her hooves curling around the cloud in anger. “You are hereby under arrest for interrupting a high risk weather operation and impersonating a Dropbolt.”

The mare ignored her, poking and prodding ground. “Now it should be around here somewhere.”

Aces was fed up with mare, whoever she was. She pulled out her emergency cable and quickly tied a knot in it. All Dropbolts were required to know how to use their emergency cables and parachutes in case of wing damage or high debris storms. The emergency cables were really quite something: give them the right tie, a dash of magic and you had the perfect cage to protect you from anything bigger than a hoof wide.

Stringing up a knot, Aces threw her makeshift lasso, only for the strange mare to disappear into the cloud and the lasso to land with a plop on the cloud. Aces stood stunned, the cable slowly dropping out of her mouth. Aces made her way over to the hole in the clouds and disappeared through it.

It was a short drop, but Aces barely went a full pony length before she hovered in awe. In front of her was a city, one made of dirt and clouds. Its sprawling streets and open air markets held red bipeds with horns and small leathery wings. To the side she could see two different factories: one she couldn’t recognize, and the other was a very sizable weather factory.

“Cloud gremlins. They are also known as dust devils.” The mare took off her helmet to reveal a pink mane and a white coat. “Quite similar to Wendigos in that they feed on misery. Well, feed isn’t exactly quite the right word. That factory over there? They change misery into magic crystals and use them to power their cities.”

Aces stared at the mare. She felt a giggle boil up within and began to burst out laughing. “Ohhh! Ho! You’re the secretary from yesterday! No wonder you know about that deal.” Aces smile went wide, this was just too much. “You must be a secret agent of something! And Princess! That must be your secret code name.” Aces calmed her laughter and wiped away her tears. Getting ahold of her breath she landed next to the secret agent. “So Agent Princess, what next? Sneak into their factory and blow it up?”

Agent Princess said nothing for a moment, but held a warm comforting smile. One that gave peace, as if a warm undercurrent had caught under Aces' wings and she just let herself slowly glide. “I suppose that would be fun... however, this situation must be handled more delicately.” She lit up her horn and began to cast a spell.

Straight.

Large fireworks went off in the sky showering the city with blue, green, pink and light purple sparks.

Aces starred in bafflement, before the fact that this pegasus just cast a spell hit her. Aces eyed the unicorn's wings, and although they didn’t seem mechanical, why wouldn’t a spy have the best equipment money could buy. Maybe she even had one of those cybernetic implants in her eyes that let her see through any cameras in a 50 wing radius. “That’s delicately?”

Straight.

“I misjudged you Aces.” the agent said, stretching out her back and turning with that same loving smile. “It’s not about the money for you. You could care less for the money. You're in it for the joy of the game. Money provides a means for a high risk high reward system. Same with being a Dropbolt. It’s the thrill of the rush that you desire.”

Straight.

“Huh?” Aces was confused. First this secret agent announces that she’s here with a giant flashing light. All she needed was a neon arrow pointing to her to complete the insanity of that act. Then she asks forgiveness, and tell Aces something about herself that she had never quite put together. “I guess I am a high risk gambler. What about you? Exactly who in Tartarus are you, because no secret agent would announce to the enemy their position.”

Straight.

The mare smiled and held that passive face. “I am who I told you I was. If I told you again, would that make you believe me any more?”

“Maybe?”

The mare giggled. “You’re right. Reinforcement does tend to help one’s memory, but telling you I’m The Princess will not make you trust me any more. You have to do that for yourself.”

“Trust you? You’ve stuck me in the middle of some strange cloud city with creatures from fairy tales, invited all their attention and you ask me to trust you? Beyond that strange notion, what do you even mean by The Princess? The Princess of what?”

Royal Flush. Suit Sun.

“Now isn’t that an interesting question?”

The mare walked past Aces, drawing her attention to a small squad of dust devils flying towards them. “Good afternoon gentlebeings. I am The Princess and this is Dropbolt Aces High. We are diplomats on behalf of the ponies. Please escort us to your king.”

Unsure. Pair of fives’, two six’s on table.

“We already have visiting diplomats, pony. Now, why don’t you just go on out of here and let the diplomat we’ve already agreed on deal with us, and buzz on home.” The leader of the devils said.

Straight.

“Ah. You seem to have misheard me. We do not coming representing Perfect Fit Corporation. We come as diplomats for the pony race.” The Princess lit her horn with a brilliant yellow glow. “And if there is no chance for diplomacy, we have no choice but to assume that your presence here is an act of war.”

Not Bluffing.

The devils physically gulped. “Of course. Right this way.”

The flight towards the cloud castle was not at all unpleasant, despite being flanked on all sides by the little devils. Aces kept an eye on the architecture of the city, noticing that the closer they got to the castle, fewer buildings were made from dust, and more from construction clouds.

Landing, the Princess paused for a second, before wrapping Aces up in an unexpected wing hug. Aces froze, but as the Princess licked her hoof and pushed down Aces' mane into a more comely manner. “There we go. Not perfect, but I never was very good at doing manes. Hmmm.” She patted some of Aces’ mane down, before making another quick adjustment. “That’ll have to do. Now, let's not keep the king waiting.”

Aces just stared at the Princess dumbfounded before she found her hooves automatically walking towards the entrance.

The castle itself was of a fantastic design, with cloud griffons, dust devils and phoenixes carved into the arches and pillars. The inside opened up to a very high ceiling that came together in truss format. Most peculiarly, the ceiling was several stories taller than any accessible floor, with stained glass windows depicting ponies, dust devils and even a few efreeti. Lining the pillars were beautiful lamps, powered by magic gems socketed inside of them.

What was easily the most impressive thing was that the inside of the temple was made of storm clouds. Aces wasn’t keen on the details of construction clouds, but knew that construction storm clouds took a lot of magic to make and were very expensive.

In the center of this mesmerizing structure sat a throne with a heavyset dust devil with fancier clothes then the rest Aces had seen here. The king stopped talking to the pony next to him, a pony that looked suspiciously like Deal Strike. Not that Aces was surprised at all. The king huffed as one of the dust devils leaned into his ear. He eyed The Princess for several moments before speaking.

“I don’t know what game you’re playing at, pony, but to interrupt a meeting with a delegate, claiming that you are a superior representative and then go so far as to threaten with war? This is a rudeness I never expected of ponies.”

The Princess merely smiled her typical smile. “I mean you no rudeness, nor am I here to play games. That is Aces' line of work, and rudeness is Deal Strike's.” Deal strikes eyes narrowed slightly and inwardly Aces smiled.

“Then why do you come, magic thrower?” the king chuckled, very entertained by this delegate.

“To impart knowledge.”

Three player game. Hold’em style. Three cards down. King - Weary, Three of eight’s. Deal Strike - Concerned, three of a kind. The Princess - Straight.

The king laughed. “What kind of knowledge could a horn toucher give me? Do you not see my city, my palace, my citizens? Through my skill, planning and great wisdom, we have become the greatest gremlin city ever to be known! You see this pony here? Now he is a pony of importance, through him have we grown and can stand tall. His knowledge has proved invaluable to my empire. What do you have that could possibly make me listen?”

King calls bluff on Princess.

“I am interested as well.” Deal Strike poised. “This disk is currently being terraformed under the World Builders Organization. No one outside has any jurisdiction here, but if you give me but a few moments I’ll wrap things up with the king here and we’ll get you two all straightened out.”

Bets go through. King - Three of eight’s, confident. Deal Strike, proud, Three of nine’s to low straight, willing to throw this match if needed. Princess - Straight.

“There will be no need for that Mr. Strike. I merely am here to relay a message to the king, then Aces and I will be on our way. As for you, King of Devils, I only ask that you hear what I have to say, and I will give you the means to more power than you ever imagined in Luna’s realm. All you have to do is listen.” The Princess’s heavenly voice hummed.

Four cards on the table. King - Three of eight’s, amused. Deal Strike, annoyed, Three of nine’s to three of Princess’s. Princess - Straight.

“Well then pony. Wow me. Give me your best offer. Give me this power that merely listening produces.” The king and other devils chuckled mockingly. “Show us what idiocy exists among foolish ponies.”

Aces growled under her breath. She’d known The Princess all of twenty minutes, but everything she done had been calculated, caring, awe inspiring and just plain out cool. On one hoof, Aces was worried that the king might be proven right and Ace was about to look really bad for hanging around some strange mare. On the other, Aces wanted this mare to pull an ace out of her sleeve, and actually have the straight that she so confidently seemed to think she had...

The Princess turned to king, her mane waving in the wind, her feet planted and an aura of nobility filled her presence. “Oh king, I would ask that you listen to a story, a story of an earth pony. A heroine always concerned with doing the right thing. When she was young, she lost both her mother and her father. So she watched over everyone she could because her parents could not. This mare slaved away for those she called family and friends. Not once asking for thanks or pleading for attention. Honest and faithful, to all who knew her, few knew that each night this pony would get down and pray for the knowledge that her parents were proud of her and all she had done. Praying for an answer from those who could not speak.

“As she grew older this mare helped save the world on various occasions. Every time she put her friends before herself. Always willing to help and lend a hoof, even to those ponies who were too scared to move by themselves. It is said that this mare could inspire a mountain to keep going.

“Then, one night, the Dream Watcher heard her prayer, and judged the prayer worthy of answering. The mare was contacted the next day, and told her that the alicorns were willing to grant one wish for all her selflessness. The alicorn, already knowing this pony's wish, went to great ends and made many sacrifices so that this pony could know of how proud her parents truly were of her. But when the time came and the alicorn asked what the pony would wish for, the alicorn was stunned to silence. The pony asked that her little sister, the very cause of her mother's death, could have a chance to meet her own parents, if even for only five minutes.”

Aces starred in awe, unsure what to make of this story, and yet her eyes watered ever so slightly. She wiped her tears away, noticing that room seemed far brighter than it was just moments ago.

“Oh great king. Listen to the story of an alicorn who watched this and many other tragedies happen. The self-sacrifice of ponies, dragons, centaurs and all living beings. Know the sorrow of she who saw thousands die, millions live and all of them crying out in pain. Listen to the tale of an alicorn who turned legions into dust, flocks into sand and worlds into death and yet could not help them. Who tries so hard to be like those heroes she admires, but always fails... Whose very name has caused entire worlds to burn, species to tremble and genocide among those who know it.”

Ace stood in awe as the Princess’ voice started to tremble. “Listen O king and learn from an old mare the pains that come in others' misery. Who stood against the two greatest species this universe has ever known, and eradicated them both without a second thought. Learn from she who murdered her own blood, devoured her kin's sins and slaughtered all that would dare bring hoof or claw against those she laid claim too! Like a dragon fighting for her hoard, she killed without pity or remorse!

“Pain is a word designed by mortals to try and understand what gods experience. Do not follow the path of the mare who engineered warriors, and monsters, distorted nature and ripped apart reality! Who took pleasure in the very acts of depravity and unleashed things which should never be spoken of! Who sealed times that must be forgotten! Listen to the pains and cries of a mother who can’t be forgotten and destroyed her own sister to hide her sins! Know the sorrow of one who carries the burden of secrets that must never be known! Lives that must never be forgotten, ponies who have done things no one must ever find out about, pain that must not be felt and lies that must not be revealed!”

The white unicorn heaved for breath, slowly calming down as tears streamed down her and every other creature's face. For a moment there seemed to be a pause, before every crystal in the building exploded in all directions, steam made of mana venting into the atmosphere as the devils all tried to take cover while gem shards plastered against the yellow shield erected around the two ponies.
Not Bluffing.

“You ask me what knowledge I can bring? I bring you the knowledge of sorrow. Your species are parasprites that have gorged themselves on the misery of ponies for all your lives, causing storms and preventing the sun to beat upon pony’s backs that they may laugh and play in its glow. You turn misery into magic, but on this day you have seen how much stronger sorrow is then misery.” She breathed heavily for a few moments, gathering herself up. “I have said what I have come to say O king, and now I’ll be on my way.”

The Princess turned around and began to walk out of the palace, Aces very quickly taking to step behind her. No one else moved, or even hardly breathed. As they reached the door, Ace took one last glance back at the ing and her boss.
King - Fold. Deal - Fold. Princess - Lays down full house, princesses high.

Slipping through the door, Aces laughed. She couldn’t help it, she was sure she saw puddles underneath some of the devils. Beyond that, this mare scared her, scared her beyond belief, and yet there she stood, like a mother comforting her child. A vision of love and warmth.

“Are you okay, Aces?” The princes asked.

Aces took a few breaths. “I… wow… I mean…”

The Princess chuckled. “Forgive me for dragging you into this, but you gave an excellent deterrent to Mr. Strike in case my speech didn’t go as well as expected.”

Aces looked over the city of cloud gremlins. “It's just a lot to take in all at once. Not often you meet an alicorn, much less one that gives a small taste of adventure.”

The Princess began to walk. “Oh? And how exactly do you know that I’m not a winged unicorn?”

“The story was about you. You’ve lived a very long time. Seen a lot crap in your life. I mean really? Two entire species? Are you going around trying to atone for that? Felt like you screwed up, so now you’re doing what you can to help others.”

“You flatter me, Ms. High. No, I am merely a story teller, trying to bring a bit of joy in the lives of others. The King has seen the strength of sorrow over misery. Maybe next time I’ll even get paid for my stories.” The Princess laughed.

Aces chuckled. “I’ll give you credit. You’re the second best poker player I’ve ever seen, Princess. Thing is, I know when people are lying or telling the truth. Some sort of instinctual magic that came with my cutie mark. You really did all those things you said you did. That’s actually really cool.”


Stupid, stupid, stupid,’ Aces thought to herself. The minute those words had left her mouth, Aces had regretted it. The Princess had practically freaked. She still held her neutral mask, and made light conversation, but she deflected any questions about herself. Underneath, every last instinct of hers was telling her to bolt. To get away.

“Call.” Aces said, watching the table.

Blue Unicorn, Minuette? Three of ten’s.

Aces looked at her own hand, a seven and a two. All five cards were on the table, most of her Dropbolt buddies having already folded. They were wondering where Aces had gone off to, but she just told them she had a suit malfunction and couldn't make the drop. ‘Probably wouldn’t have stopped Rainbow Dash’.

“We have three of a kind and two pair. Chips go to Minuette.” The dealer announced.

‘The Princess could have forced the fold. Her poker face was almost perfect. Always felt like she was holding a straight. It was only when she was lying or filled with emotion that I could ever tell anything was wrong.’ Aces griped.

“New player deals in. Here are your cards.” The dealer spoke as a dark blue unicorn with a starry mane sat at the table. “And place your bets.” Aces pushed four ten bit chips forward, followed by a few folds and a few calls.

Always seemed so concerned with others. Could read ponies better than I could. Had me pegged within minutes.’

Three Cards down, Minuette folds. Bluicorn calls, pair of princesses. Steep Dive bets fifteen. Has a straight.

Aces finally actually looked at her cards, her face not changing. A four and ten of moons, and there rested two more moons on the board.

‘Not too bad flying skills either. Should have expected after who knows how many years of flying.’

Four cards down. Bet forty-five, Bluicorn calls, two pair, princesses and tens. Steep Dive Folds.

‘Who cares though? She just came in and ruined a perfect gig for me. Lots of jumping, plenty of cash, boss on my side. Doubt I have any of that now. What kind of a jerk does that? Just comes in, ruins your livelihood, and runs off without so much as a sorry.’

The next card flipped over. Princess of the Moon.

5 Cards down. Bet 0. Bluicorn calls.

“The betting is now over. Lay down your cards please. We have a flush of moons and a full house, princesses high.”

Aces’ perfect poker face shattered as she did a double take at the mare who was now gathering her hard won chips. “Aces High was it? I am Luna. Am I correct in saying that you’ve just recently met with my sister? She calls herself the Princess these days… I think.”

Chips flew everywhere as Aces’ face hit the table.

“There’s another one?”

Author's Note:

Big thanks to BlackRoseRaven for editing this.

And give me a heads up on your guys thoughts, what you liked, what you didn't. Thoughts on Aces, what other immortals I should introduce and what your favorite Doctor Who episode is.

Comments ( 6 )

Wow, just... Wow. That was really, REALLY good! I mean, you managed to emulate the style of DW so well! You can now consider me a follower of this story!

This was... Good. VERY good. I mean, there are a lot of good stories on this site but everyone always prefers the shiniest diamonds. This was honest-to-deity fantastic and I'm glad I decided to give it a quick read before nodding off. Out of the whole thing I think I saw maybe one or two mistakes. That I'll probably tell ya tomorrow when I'm not half-asleep.

4554574
4555054
Thanks a lot you two, didn't know I'd receive such high praise for something I've been trying to cobble together, and thanks ImperiumBedlam. I actually noticed that the italics on Aces Cutie Mark ability didn't transfer over... whoops :twilightblush:. So I fixed that while snagging a few of those strange errors you were talking about. Let me know if you manage to find anymore. It would be great to clean this story up as much as I can.

Also... summing up parts of this story in one symbol. -> :trollestia:

4555311
Well, you deserve it, you obviously put a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears into this story. Well done my friend, well done! :twilightsmile:

Wow man. That was freaking fantastic! I loved visualizing this world you've created with a space-fairing pony future. The Dropbolts. Very VERY nice concept there. Very ODST if you ask me, but I always loved the ODSTs so no biggie there. Dude, I know you've seen some of my stuff before, but how would you feel about me whipping up a logo of some kind for your Dropbolts? I can't tell you how awesome this was to read. There were a couple errors here and there, but they're easy fixes. Just... Man. I gotta draw something for you. A title card or SOMETHING. This blew me away.

Aces High is a great character. She's confident, bold, and patient. A potent combination of attributes for a pony. While I don't have much of an idea about her actual looks, I do enjoy imagining that. I liked the way she was constantly calculating the game in her mind as a game of Texas Hold-em. It really helps tell what she's thinking without simply throwing it out there. Beyond her character, the way you described the cloud-city of the Dust Devils really gave me some good visuals.

Now I've got to put you on watch and check back every so often.

4555728

You wanna know whats funny? I don't know what Aces looks like either. :rainbowderp: Super glad you liked it though, and hopefully I can continue to give such awesome stuff. :pinkiehappy:

And I would love for a Dropbolt banner. I actually hadn't caught the ODST reference, :twilightoops: but its totally there. I actually really liked the idea a couple other stories used where Dash essentially explodes tornadoes or Hurricanes into oblivion... so I thought why wouldn't ponies just put that kind of ability on speed dial.

Thanks for the review, and if you want to directly point out any mistakes, go for it. I'd always like to fix any small things to make this story better.

... And seriously... Dropbolt Banner Go! :rainbowdetermined2:

Login or register to comment