• Published 4th Apr 2012
  • 658 Views, 14 Comments

The Bright White Light - Duniman



Where am I? Who am I? How did I get here? All i remember was that bright light and now...

  • ...
4
 14
 658

A different perspective

This chapter will be from the viewpoint of the red Pegasus

“Man this sucks.” I said while I lay in the hospital bed. “There’s nothing to do but sit here and wait to get better.*sigh* Well I guess I could try to find some way to entertain myself.” I looked around the room but didn’t find anything of much interest. I sat there for a while before the nurse came in with a tray with some food on it.

“Hello sir, your lunch is ready.” She said as she placed the tray in front of me.

“Oh, uh, thank you.” I said as my stomach growled.

“Oh of course. If you need anything don’t forget to ask.” She said as she walked out of the room.

“Wait,” I said, causing her to turn around. “I was just wondering, what is there to do around here?” She gave me a confused look so I decided to elaborate. “I mean, everypony can’t be content to just sit here all day. There has to be some way to keep busy.

“Well most of our patients decide that this is usually a good time to catch up on some reading while they are here.”

“Any books you would suggest?” I asked her with a happy tone.

“I would recommend the daring do series. It has a lot of adventure and can really suck you into the story.”

“That sounds good I guess.”

She left but came back a few minutes later with the book. I thanked her and began to read. The next thing I knew it was night out.

“Huh, when did that happen?” I said scratching my head. “Oh well, better get some z’s.” With that I fell asleep.

The next few days weren’t that bad. Nopony visited me but I guess that kind of made sense. I was able to keep myself occupied with the daring do books. That nurse was right; you really do get sucked into the story. It had been about three or four days when the doctor walked into my room.

“Hey doc, so what’s the news?” I asked as he walked up to me.

“Well sir it seems your concussion healed at an extremely fast rate which means you should be able to leave some time later today.” He said putting his charts on a table nearby

“That’s great.” I said smiling at the doctor.

“Yes well, when you leave, talk to nurse Redheart. She will take care of all the expenses before you leave.” He said back to me as he exited the room.

“Oh…Buck”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat there for a few hours, not knowing exactly what I was going to do. I had no money, so there was no way I could pay them. I had no residence they could send bills and such to, and I had no idea how they would react when I told them I couldn’t pay. I decided the best option would be for me to try and sneak out. The doctor said I could leave late in the day, so around seven is when I decided it best to leave. I slowly pushed open the door, making sure nopony saw me, and walked down the hall leading to what was hopefully the front door.

After going through what felt like the entire first floor I finally found the front door. I also found two nurses chatting away at the front desk. Now was my only chance to sneak by, luckily there was no one in the waiting room, so I just had to avoid the cackling nurses.

I got low to the ground, almost on my stomach, and tried to inch myself slowly and quietly to the door. I finally made it and was almost in the clear, until one of the nurses saw me opening the door.

“Excuse me sir, but what are you doing?” She asked, looking at the strange pony crawling through the door.

“Uh…thanksforeverythingokaygottagobye!” I said as I bolted out the door.

I ran for what felt like an hour before finally making it back to ponyville. I thought it might be a good idea to walk around and get better acquainted with the town. As I was walking, I could smell the luring scent of baked goods. I turned to find a building decorated to look like a gingerbread house. ‘Dedication at its finest’ I thought to myself as I walked to the door.

I opened the door to see a surprisingly dark room. I couldn’t make out anything so I looked back at the window. Well it does say open.

“Hello? Is anypony there?” I asked into the darkness. Just then, the door slammed shut behind me. “What the hell? Who’s there?” The only answer I got was a small giggle. I tried to open the door but I couldn’t for some reason. I could feel something breathing down my neck. I turned around slowly to find myself face to face with two large blue eyes. I tried to scream but my mouth could not make the words due to sheer terror. Then there was a flash of light, as a pink pony yelled “SURPRISE!!!” I think that’s around the time that I fainted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I awoke to find a room full of ponies with concerned looks on their faces. A purple unicorn walked up to me and began to speak.

“Are you alright?” she asked, “We’re sorry for scaring you, but Pinkie wanted the party to be a surprise so.” She chuckled nervously for a second before the aforementioned pink ball of hyperactivness was in my face apologizing.

“I’m soooooo sorry for scaring you, but you’re okay now right? So that means we can still have the party here have a cupcake.” She said faster than I was able to comprehend.

“Wait, what party?” I asked with an annoyed tone.

“Well duh! It’s your welcome to ponyville party silly!” said Pinkie.

“Welcome party eh, sounds good. So what have you got to eat?” I said as I clenched my growling stomach. Should have grabbed some dinner before leaving the hospital.

“Well we have cupcakes, Danishes, Prench toast, muffins…” she looked over at the food table to see a gray Pegasus sitting where the muffins used, rubbing her overfilled stomach. “Well we had muffins.” She said with a large grin. “So what’s your name? My names Pinkie Pie.”

“Hi Pinkie, my name is…” oh buck that’s right, I forgot my name. “My name is…uh…its,”

“What’s the matter? Can’t remember your own name?” interrupted Pinkie.

“Well, no not really. See I got here a few days ago, and I have no idea how. I woke up in the middle of an apple orchard and I can’t even remember my name. I know nothing of my past. I was hoping someone would recognize me, but nopony did.”

“Wait a minute here, was it you who was sleepin’ in my little sister’s clubhouse?” Asked a new pony. She was a normal pony, no wings or horn. She had a blonde mane and tail, with an orange coat and three apples tattooed on her flank.

“Yes that was me, and I apologize for doing that, but I had no shelter during the storm so I found the closest place.”

“That still don’ excuse you fer scaring the apples outa mah sister and her little friends!” Shouted the now, rather angry orange pony.

“Well I’m sorry but there’s nothing I can do rather than apologize. Thank you for the party Pinkie, but I think I will be going now. I’d rather not be where I’m not welcome.” I said as I grabbed a cupcake and walked out the door.

Oh well, it’s not like I needed them anyways. Right? Ugh, whatever. I just want to get back to my bench and sleep.

I curled into a ball on the bench and began to drift off into a deep slumber
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke around what appeared to be about noon. I decided it would be best to apologize to Pinkie for storming out of the party she threw for me. At least somepony appreciated me for once.

I walked into Sugarcube Corner and once again smelt the freshly baked good’s aroma fill my nostrils. But I was not here to eat. I walked up to a mare standing at the counter. She was light blue, with her mane up in what looked like an ice cream swirl but with shades of pink instead of white or brown.

“Hello, what can I get you today sir?” she asked in a friendly tone.

“Oh I’m not here to buy,” I said disregarding the rumbling in my stomach. “I’m here to talk to Pinkie. Do you know where she is by chance?” I asked the light blue mare.

“Oh yes, she is up in her room. That party last night sure did take a lot out of her.”

“Thank you Ms...”

“Mrs. Cakes.”

“Thank you Mrs. Cakes.” I said back to her as I walked up the stairs.

After a bit of walking around, I finally found what I believed to be Pinkie’s room. I knocked on it three times, but to no avail. I knocked a few more times but still got no answer. I decided I might as well just wait for her to wake up. It’s not like I had anything better to do.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up about an hour later. Apparently I had fallen asleep outside her door. I tried knocking again but still got no answer. I checked to see if the door was locked and it wasn’t. I slowly opened the door and walked inside

The room was dark, with only the slightest rays of sunlight peeking through a mostly closed window shade. I looked at the bed to the left side of the room. It was surprising to see the hyperactive pony look so calm in any state. I walked over and slightly nudged her with my snout to see if that could wake her up. All I got were a few grunts and something about a giant marshmallow. I shook her a little and that seemed to do the trick.

“Huh, what? Oh hey! It’s you!” she said, somehow being energetic enough to jump out of the bed almost instantly.

“Hey Pinkie, I just wanted to come by and say that I was sorry for leaving the party. I just couldn’t stand to be yelled at by that yellow pony.”

“Oh that’s okay, Applejack was just being a big meanie head last night, that’s all.” Said the gleeful party pony.

“Well either way, I was wondering if you knew where she lived. I wanted to apologize to her sister for scaring her and her friends.”

“Well they live on Sweet Apple Acres. It’s just down the road a bit. You can’t miss it!”

“Thanks Pinkie, you’ve been a real help to me, but I should be on my way.” As I was walking out the door, a loud grumbling came from my stomach.

“Sounds like some pony’s hungry!” Pinkie giggled.

“I’m fine Pinkie, besides; I wouldn’t have any way to pay you for it.”

“That’s okay; this one is on the house.” Pinkie said as she handed me one the most delicious looking cupcakes I had ever seen (Granted I had only seen two since I had gotten here, but that’s beside the point). I stared at the cupcake, then back to the smiling pony holding it out in her hoof. I picked it up and began to devour it almost instantly.

“Sorry about that, guess I was hungry.” I said with a half chewed mouth-full of cupcake.

“That’s okay. I’ve seen much messier eaters. Trust me.”

I giggled at her statement and began to hug her. This surprised her a bit but she quickly returned the hug.

“Thank you Pinkie, for everything you’ve done for me.” I said as I broke off the hug. I then walked out the door on my way for Sweet Apple Acres.

Comments ( 8 )

Chapters will be alternating viewpoints from this character to the other.

Could someone please comment so we know if we still have readers?

440183 Readers heed our warning because I have chapter 5 at gun point.

I'm sorry to say the story is dead. We would rather not waste our time writing to an audience that we don't even know if we have. We are sorry to anyone who still read this piece of shit we called a story but without readers there is no story. So as of now the story is cancelled. We may pick it up again one day but for now it will sit in the archives until brought up by circumstance. I want to thank anyone who read the story and everyone who gave us hope when we first started it, but the light of that hope has faded and we have been left to wallow in the darkness. Thank you all again for reading but don't think this means we will stop writing. We still have our own separate accounts and will write on our own for a while. We may calloborate in the future but until then don't expect any notifications from this account. Again, thank you for reading

there is readers i would have commented earlier but i have not been on in a week but if it is gone im sad to see it go :applecry:

454155 Like i said, we may pick it up later. Right now we want to focus more on solo work but if we get a chance we will do our best to bring it back

462672 Hello there, im sulliman, 1 half of the duniman collaborative account. I just wanted to let you know that if you liked the story than you should watch me and Dunstan. Since we are now writing on our own we should be able to give you a good story until we get back to this one.

Login or register to comment