• Published 4th Apr 2012
  • 656 Views, 14 Comments

The Bright White Light - Duniman



Where am I? Who am I? How did I get here? All i remember was that bright light and now...

  • ...
4
 14
 656

A Pega-what now?

I wandered around the small living room that I had woken up in. On the walls I saw pictures of different types of animals. The one that really caught my eye was the biggest of them all. It was a picture of six…horses? No, too small to be horses. They must be ponies. The faces seemed familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. That’s when I heard an audible cough from behind me.

I turned and saw a yellow mare with a pink mane. I recognized her from the picture on the wall.

“Um..h-hello there. I’m glad to see you’re doing better.” Said the small equine. “I’m sorry about Angel; he gets a bit protective of his carrots.”

Angel? That bunny that beat the buck outa me? Ain’t that an ironic name?

“How do you feel?” asked the pink maned pony.

I sat down on the couch I had woken up on. “I feel fine thank you, just a little sore.” I answered to her. “Just a little confused to how I got here. Speaking of which, where exactly is here?” I asked the yellow pony, as she hid behind her mane. What was she so afraid of?

“W-wait, you mean you don’t know where you are?” she asked

“No, I don’t really know anything right now other than I woke up in a forest and got my flank handed to me by a rabbit.” I told her.

She looked at me worriedly and sat down next to me. I then noticed what looked like…wings on her side? What the hell?!

“Oh no, that isn’t good. Do you even know your name?” she asked with a hint of pity in her voice.

“Like I said, I woke up in the forest and fell asleep on your carrot farm, sorry about that by the way, got myself beaten up by your demonic pet and woke up here. I have no memory beyond that.” I said, still wondering why a pony would have wings.

“Oh my, my name i-is Fluttershy, by the way, and im very sorry for what happened with you and Angel.” She said worriedly.

“Ah it’s okay, I don’t mind. Thanks for helping me by the way but I gotta get going, see if I can figure out anything about where I am exactly.”
“Oh no, you can’t leave yet, you haven’t fully healed yet!” she said, trying to get me to stay sitting on the couch.
“Sorry but im too curious now. I gotta head out and see if I can find anything. Thanks again!” I said walking towards the door. Suddenly the timid yellow pony flew, yes FLEW, in front of the door, prohibiting my exit.
“You are staying and resting until I say otherwise!” screamed the yellow pony with newfound confidence. I stood there, stunned as I stared into her huge blue eyes. I suddenly had no control over my entire body, as I slowly made my way back to the couch and sat down.
“There, now isn’t that better?” she said, flying back over to the couch and sitting down. “I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.” She said as she smiled at me.
“Alright, well here’s one that’s been on my mind, how exactly do you have wings?” I asked her.
“Oh, of course, well you see, there are three types of ponies in Equestria, which is where we are right now. There are Pegasai, which is what I am, unicorns, which can use magic with their horns, and earth ponies, who are just you average run of the mill ponies.” she said in her gentle voice. “Now before you ask any more questions, um, could you take a shower, please, if that’s okay with you I mean-eep!” she asked.
Why would I need a shower? I lifted my foreleg and sniffed. PHEW, okay maybe she had the right idea.
“Uh, yea sure. I guess sleeping in a carrot patch will do that to you.” I chuckled a bit with the last statement.
“Follow me please.” She said as she turned and began walking toward a flight of stairs.
I followed her to a small bathroom with a bathtub in the back.
“I will be downstairs when you are done. There are towels in the closet to your right.” She said as we walked in.
“Thanks. See ya in a little bit.” I said as she walked out.

She closed the door and I got in the tub. I looked at the knobs, each one labeled with hot and cold. I tried to turn one but my hoof just slipped off of it. I was still getting used to my hooves. Might take a while before I could use them for more than walking, so I resorted to using my mouth to start the shower.
--------------------------------------------------After the shower---------------------------------------------

I walked downstairs to where Fluttershy was. I had a pretty good grip on walking so I didn’t have much trouble getting around.

“Oh, you’re done. Please have a seat.” She said as she patted the couch with her forehoof.

I took a seat next to her and asked, “So, you still up to answer some questions for me?”

“Oh, yes of course.” She replied. “What did you want to know?”

“Well first off I guess I could ask, where exactly am I?” I asked the first thing that came to mind.

“Oh, well you see, right now we are in Equestria. My cottage is close to the town of Ponyville, which is where all my friends live. Equestria is ruled by Princess Celestia and her sister Princess Luna who raise the sun and the moon every day and night.”

“Ok then, why don’t you live IN Ponyville itself. Why do you live away from it?” I asked her

“Well you see, I like to stay close to the everfree forest to help any creatures that might need it. I never go into the forest if I can help it though.”

“Why not?” I asked quizzically.

“Well there are just so many scary monsters in there. There’s Timberwolves and hydras and ursas and-” At this point she was hyperventilating so I put a hoof on her back to help her calm down.

“Sorry about that,” she said apologetically, “I get scared very easily. So, do you have any more questions?”

“No I think that’s enough for now. That town you were talking about, Ponyville, how far away is it?” I asked her, hoping for some sort of direction.

“Oh, you just need to follow the path that leads from my house, it’s not too far and you can get there in probably just a few minutes’ walk.” She said directing me from the doorway.

“Alright then, thanks for everything. I’ll just be on my way then.” I said waving goodbye, but before I could get out the door she held something up to me.

“Here, I found this on you when I brought you in. I’m not sure what it is, but it looks like some kind of belt.” She stated, eyeing the loop of gadgets.

“Oh yea, I was wearing this thing when I landed here yesterday. Anyways, thanks again for all your help!” I said waving goodbye as I exited the cottage.