• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 951 Views, 15 Comments

The Return of Nightmare Moon - birdyluvmccool



Nightmare Moon is back, and it is up to the Cutie Mark Crusaders to save Equestria.

  • ...
3
 15
 951

The Underworld

Nightmare Moon flies to Canterlot and uses her magic to make a hole in Shining Armour's magical shield. She flies into the castle.

Finally. Now I shall be able to destroy Celestia and Luna and take over all of Equestria! I shall send them to the darkness of the Underworld, an unescapable place in Tartarus! Nightmare Moon sneaks into Princess Celestia's room, her horn surrounded by a black aura. Goodbye, Celestia. No one will be able to save you now. Princess Celestia wakes up just as a beam of magic strikes her. She screams as she disappears.

Luna gallops into the room.

"TIA! Nightmare Moon! What have you done with Tia?" screams Princess Luna. Nightmare Moon laughs.

"I have sent her permanently to the Underworld. And I shall do the same to you!" replies Nightmare Moon, forming the aura around her horn. Princess Luna flies into the air and shoots a beam of magic at Nightmare Moon. Nightmare Moon deflects it with her magic and shoots Luna with magic. Princess Luna slowly fades away. Yes! I have FINALLY defeated Celestia and Luna! And how surprised they will be when they wake up and find themselves in the Underworld! Now the night will truly last forever!

A royal guard runs into Princess Celestia's room, but Nightmare Moon is already gone.



Princess Celestia opens her eyes. She gasps as she looks around her. Everything is dark and humid. Dead trees hang over her, and a dark fog surrounds everything. Oh no. Nightmare Moon has banished Luna and I to the Underworld. There is no escape. We are stuck here forever.

"Luna! Wake up!" demands Princess Celestia. Princess Luna stands up.

"Tia? Where are we?" asks Princess Luna.

"Luna, we have been banished to the Underworld. Forever," replies Princess Celestia. Princess Luna's eyes widen.

"What are we going to do?" asks Princess Luna, worried. Princess Celestia sighs.

"I don't know of anything we can do to get out of this predicament," replies Princess Celestia. Princess Luna stares out into space. I'm so sorry, Luna.



"SCOOTALOO! WAKE UP!" calls Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo yawns and sits up. Rainbow Dash is standing at the door, panting like a dog.

"What's wrong, Rainbow Dash?" asks Scootaloo.

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are gone," says Rainbow Dash. Scootaloo gasps. She flies out of the house and speeds towards the ground. She performs a sonic rainboom and rockets off towards Rarity's shop. Rainbow Dash stares at the ground.

"I thought she was just joking about the sonic rainboom," she says.



Scootaloo bursts through the door.

"Sweetie Belle! We need to go now!" yells Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle and Applebloom walk down the stairs.

"Applebloom? What are you doing here? And where are your wings?" asks Scootaloo, confused.

"I'm here because I didn't want to face Applejack," replies Applebloom.

"And it's been three days. I have to do the spell again," says Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle performs the spell just as Rarity walks in the room. She stares at Sweetie Belle in awe.

"Wow, Sweetie Belle! You are amazing!" exclaims Rarity. Sweetie Belle blushes.

"Thanks, Rarity," she replies.

"Guys, we need to get to Canterlot," says Scootaloo.

"Right. Let's go board that train," replies Applebloom.




Princess Luna attempts to use an illumination spell, but her horn does not produce any light.

"Tia, this is such a simple spell. Why can I not do it?" asks Princess Luna, frustrated.

"Magic rarely ever works down here. Luna, pretend that you do not have a horn," replies Princess Celestia. Princess Luna sighs. Her hoof falls into a hole, and she slams into the ground. Thorns wrap around her hoof.

"Tia, this is torture. Are we really stuck her forever?" asks Princess Luna. Princess Celestia nods sadly. Princess Luna kicks the thorns off of her hoof and stands up. Princess Celestia peers at the vine.

"This same type of vine grows in the Everfree forest," says Princess Celestia. The ponies trudge onward.

Suddenly, Princess Luna hears a hiss behind her. She whips around and comes face to face with the skeleton of a pony.

"Uh, Tia..." says Princess Luna nervously. Princess Celestia turns around. The skeletons surround them.

"Ah, the princesses of Equestria," says one.

"I wonder what they did in life to deserve such a horrible fate?" says another.

The biggest one steps forward.

"Come with us," it says.