• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 950 Views, 15 Comments

The Return of Nightmare Moon - birdyluvmccool



Nightmare Moon is back, and it is up to the Cutie Mark Crusaders to save Equestria.

  • ...
3
 15
 950

Explaining and More Explaining

Sweetie Belle hurries to Rarity's shop and bursts through the door. She flies straight into Rarity, knocking her over. Rarity stands up and dusts herself off.

"Sweetie Belle! Where were you? We have been looking ALL over Ponyville for you!" yells Rarity.

"I was in Canterlot, Rarity. I can explain-"

"No you CANNOT explain! You do NOT go off to Canterlot by yourself. I repeat - You do NOT go off to Canterlot by yourself!"

"I wasn't alone, Rarity."

"There are MANY dangers out there! Wait, are you an alicorn?"

"For three days I am."

"And is that a cutie mark?"

"It surely is."

"Oh, you are growing up so fast!" Rarity hugs Sweetie Belle and swings her around. Sweetie Belle wriggles out of Rarity's grasp.

"What happened to you being mad at me?" asks Sweetie Belle.

"I am still mad at you, Sweetie Belle. But I am just so happy for you that you got your cutie mark! Now, I would like you to explain why you went to Canterlot by yourself," replies Rarity.

"But you told me that I cannot explain- "

"JUST EXPLAIN!"

"Okay, okay! Sheesh! No need to yell! So you know how in the middle of the day, it was night?"

"No I did not notice. Oh, but that eclipse is beautiful!"

"Well, Nightmare Moon is back." Rarity gasps.

"But we don't have the Elements of Harmony! And Twilight is visiting Princess Cadance in the Crystal Empire! This is the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!" Rarity magics a sofa over and faints onto it. Sweetie Belle rolls her eyes.

"RARITY! You and your friends don't have to do ANYTHING! You see this necklace right here? It is one of the Elements of Life. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle have the other two. The Elements of Life are the only things that can defeat Nightmare Moon. It is up to US to defeat Nightmare Moon. You have to stop being so protective of me!" lectures Sweetie Belle. Rarity's jaw drops and she stares at Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle continues, "I went to Canterlot with Applebloom to speak to Princess Celestia. Scootaloo was attacked by Nightmare Moon." Rarity blinks, then shakes her head.

"Sweetie Belle, I want you to get a good night's sleep. Then I want you to defeat Nightmare Moon for me," says Rarity. She smiles.

"Okay," says Sweetie Belle. She walks upstairs to her room. Rarity faints on the couch again.



Applebloom flies to Sweet Apple Acres and crashes into an apple tree. She pulls her head out from between two branches and falls on the ground.

Applejack hears a crash in the orchard. She gets out of bed and rubs her eyes. She pulls back the curtain and peeks outside. That could be Applebloom! She dashes outside and into the orchard.

"Applebloom! There you are! Ah've been lookin' all over fer ya! Ah was so worried! Where were ya, sugarcube?"exclaims Applejack. Applebloom stands up and rubs her head. Applejack gasps and says, "Are those - wings?"

"It was a spell. I was in Canterlot with Sweetie Belle," replies Applebloom.

Applejack gasps again.

"Why the hay were ya in Canterlot? Ya've got some explainin' ta do, young filly. And ya'll say it in fron' of me, Big mac, an' Granny Smith," Applejack scolds. Applebloom lowers her head. Applejack walks off towards the barn, and Applebloom follows.

"GRANNY SMITH! BIG MAC! AH FOUND APPLEBLOOM!" calls Applejack. Granny Smith and Big Mac walk groggily down the stairs.

"Applebloom, we've been worried sick about ya. Now yar gonna tell us why ya were in Canterlot," announces Applejack. Applebloom clears her throat.

"Ya'll know how it turned night in the middle of the day? Nightmare Moon is back. Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and I saw light coming from the Everfree Forest, and we decided to explore. Nightmare Moon was in the castle of the ancient pony sisters. Sweetie Belle got her cutie mark by giving herself and me wings. Then Scootaloo got attacked by Nightmare Moon. Sweetie Belle and I went to Canterlot to notify Princess Celestia. We have these elements called the Elements of Life. They are the only elements that can destroy Nightmare Moon. It is our duty. You need to let me help defeat Nightmare Moon BY MYSELF," explains Applebloom.

Applejack walks up to Applebloom.

"Applebloom, ya gotta at least tell us where yar goin' first," she says.

"No, I DON'T! Now I'm gonna go get some rest. Big sis, you need to stop being so protective," Applebloom states. She stomps up to her room.



Nightmare Moon stands on the edge of a cliff and peers down out over Equestria.

"Soon, I shall destroy Celestia and Luna and take over all of Equestria!" she announces. She laughs evily and flies off into the night.