• Published 13th Apr 2014
  • 1,119 Views, 24 Comments

With Heavy Hands - frozen in time



He got what he wished for, but it wasn't all that they made it out to be...

  • ...
5
 24
 1,119

This Isn't How It Was Supposed To Be

I stared at Twilight. She stared at me. This went on for about ten seconds before I broke the silence. "Uh, it's um nice to meet you Twilight." Her mouth was still ajar. She shook her head and her eyes narrowed.
"How did you get here?" Twilight asked.
"I really don't know." I admitted. "Discord just kind of appeared and pulled me into your world."
Twilight seemed to be studying me quite closely. "I have never come across a live human before."
"What about dead ones?" This caused Twilight to giggle. I was still uneasy. Something seemed out of place, but I couldn't pinpoint it.
"I'm sorry I was so upset when we first met, it's just that your appearance here could cause some complications."
"What kind of complications?" I asked.
"Oh, just some surprised ponies. It's not every day the multiverse gives us a new subject to study."
And with that, Twilight hustled me out of the library and shut the door. I didn't like where this was going. As far as I was concerned I wasn't anybody's "subject". I shook my head. This was not going ruin the opportunity of a lifetime. I dusted myself off, and headed for Sugarcube Corner. Perhaps I could find some answers there.

Twilight sat at her desk writing to her beloved princess.

Dear Princess Celestia,
I am pleased to tell you that we have found a new subject! He is in prime condition and ready for assignment. We need to move him before he can cause a disturbance. I am watching him closely. Please write soon.

Your faithful Student,
Twilight

It wasn't much more than 5 minutes before Spike (who had been strangely quiet during this whole ordeal) belched out a letter from sunbutt herself.

My dearest student,
This strangers entrance into our realm was no accident. I have been studying him closely for quite some time. I am conviced that he holds the answers. I am afraid that your behavior during your first meeting may have raised some concerns in his feeble mind. Try to win his friendship. Even seduce him if you have to. We need him here as soon as you can incapacitate him. His mental state must be preserved in order for our "interview to go smoothly

Always watching,
Princess Celestia

The bell on the door of Sugarcube Corner jingled. I really couldn't believe that this was real. I walked slightly hunched over, with the hood on my coat up. I was not about to draw attention to myself. Mr, Cake was at the counter talking to a pony with an Hourglass cutie mark. There were not a whole lot of ponies in the store. That was perfect. I needed to talk to Pinkie.
"you can always trust Pinkie" I thought.
I walked up to the counter. My face was well hidden. "ahem"
Mr. Cake tilted his head, obviously intrigued by my interesting attire.
"I am here for a business meeting with Pinkamena Diane Pie."
Mr. Cake nodded quickly. "Ah, ok. I will send her right out!" He didn't seem to wan't hang around with me. I was totally ok with that...

Pinkie Pie casually walked out from the kitchen.
"Oh! Hi there, I don't remember having a business meeting planned for today. Oh well I-"
I cut Pinkie off. I knew she wouldn't shut up if I let her keep talking.
"I need to ask you some questions" I tried to disguise my voice, but it ended up sounding like I had bronchitis.
"oooh. I think you need some cough medicine mister!"
"Um, no, I'm quite alright. I just need you to answer a few short questions. First of all, is it normal for creatures from other realms to enter this one?"
Pinkie thought for a moment. And another. And another. 'This must be big." I thought.
"well?"
Pinkie responded. "Nope!"
Well that helped a lot. "How about Princess Celestia? Has she ever found anyone from a different universe?"
"Welllll, there was this one time she... oh, wait. I'm not supposed to talk about that! Sorry. It's CONFIDENTIAL!" Pinkie accented the last word with a loud whisper. (dafuq?)
"How about we throw a party instead?" The whole time we were talking, Pinkie was munching on a plate of cupcakes. Her sugar levels were rising. I needed a quick exit.
"Oh sorry, I need to be on my way." I quickly stood up and left Sugarcube Corner. That place was dangerous.

I needed to find someone who could answer some questions in a serious manner. Someone trustworthy, honest, down to earth. Suddenly, I knew who I needed to see...

Author's Note:

After a loong hiatus, I'm back with a late night update. This should be interesting...

Comments ( 9 )

awesome chapters you are doing a amazing job:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

you are a huge cook tease....there will be more soon right?

Yes. I will have plenty of time to write these next few weeks. I also have a new story in the works. I apologize for the short chapter. The next one will be da bomb though. Stay tuned :raritywink:

4614431 please let me know where I can improve!

4624053 Thank you. :moustache: This is the exact kind of criticism I was looking for. Come on guys. I'm here to learn. Release you inner grammar nazi :pinkiehappy: Thanks for reading!

When s the next chapter coming out?

This is dark really dark!

Is this story dead?

Login or register to comment