• Published 17th Mar 2014
  • 560 Views, 2 Comments

Journal of the Traveling Mare - yotoeman



Rainbow Dash gets kicked out of the Wonderbolts after sustaining a permenant injury impairing her flying ability. Unable to be supported financially, Rainbow decides to leave ponyville. This is her tale through the lands of Equestria and beyond.

  • ...
7
 2
 560

Entry 2

January 3rd

I decided to sleep today on a tree in the wing-tail forest as I’m too tired to make it to the next town. I’d be lying if I said that this was one of those calm, soothing nights where I could feel the light breeze blowing between my wings. Far from it actually as my whole body itches from how dry it is. Damn, I can see why nobody travels through this place despite the lack of wild creatures. I can’t even feel a molecule of saliva in my throat even after drinking heavy amounts of water throughout the day. How is that even possible? This is a bucking forest for crying out loud.

According to my map, right now I’m twenty kilometers away from the nearest city of Beaksville. Sigh… it’ll take me the whole day tomorrow to reach the town. If only this place had public trains like Equestria does. I guess that’d be a bit silly though since unlike ponies, all Griffins have the ability to fly, hehheh.

I wonder how Sweetie Belle’s doing, going off on her own to sing for the Royal Equestrian choir and all. Jeez, how they grow up so fast. It almost makes me feel old… almost. It’s funny actually, these last few years I've been trying my best to avoid growing up. And yet all those years in Ponyville, that was what the crusaders spent all day and night trying to do. Do all ponies feel that way? Do all ponies just want to grow up when they're young, and then wish they never did when they get older? Errr… I guess some ponies just mature differently than others.

Still though, I can’t help but think about how lonely it gets sometimes being out here by myself. I think that the initial adrenaline of just exploring the world has left and I’m starting to reconsider where I’m really going with this. And if it keeps leading me to places like this I might just have to reconsider how much fun this actually is. What would my friends say in a situation like this?

Twilight would probably read a book in the light of a fire set by Spike. Applejack would probably have prepared heavily for this kind of situation and packed plenty of juicy apples. Rarity would ummm… I’m can’t imagine how Rarity would ever end up in a place like this but I’m sure she could somehow make the situation fabulous. Same with Pinkie Pie too, I can’t possibly imagine her being somewhere where there’s nopony else around. I suppose she would take Gummy with her so she’d be aiight. And of course, Fluttershy would make friends with all the critters here and make them all feel happy and welcome… just as she did for me…

Perhaps a life of adventure isn't so awesome without a companion to share it with.

Author's Note:

Critiques and opinions welcome.

Comments ( 1 )

a little short, but seeing as this is a journal, it is a realistic take.
keep it up! :twilightsmile:
~Wywint

Login or register to comment