• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 7,403 Views, 299 Comments

The Shipping Games - Skystriker



Princess Celestia and Luna have grown bored, and have decided play a new game.

  • ...
16
 299
 7,403

Shipwrecked...(Part 2 of 2)

Twilight and Pinkie trotted side by side through the square, Pinkie still cheerfully bouncing along with the bucket on her head as Twilight tried hard not to giggle at her. The two mares made a stop off at sugarcube corner, and picked up a box of cupcakes for the two of them to split for lunch. Twilight was going to point out how cupcakes were not exactly proper food to make a midday meal out of, but she decided not to because she didn’t want to endanger her chances, along with that, the cupcakes looked and smelled positively divine.

“Um, Pinkie if you’re afraid of something falling on your head I have a helmet back at the library you could borrow, that would protect you a lot better than that bucket.” Twilight offered as she noticed how the bucket kept falling over Pinkie’s eyes.
“That’s okay Twilight, I like the bucket better.” Pinkie cheerfully replied.
“If you don’t mind me asking, why do you prefer the bucket?” Twilight asked.
“Well because it protects my noodle, and if it starts raining chocolate or gummy worms or something I could totally turn it over and catch them in there!” Pinkie excitedly explained, then licked her lips as she hoped that would be what it was.
“That.. makes a lot of sense actually, smart, very smart, although the likelihood of it raining confections without the intervention of the spirit of dis-harmony’s involvement are quite slim, Pinkie.” Twilight said as the two continued along.
“What if it’s some completely new thing though, you never know.” Pinkie quickly chimed back as the bucket slid down over her eyes again.
“Well I suppose stranger things have happened.” Twilight admitted.

Every time the bucket slid down over Pinkie’s eyes Twilight skimmed over another page or two of the book, trying to find the appropriate way to break the ice with her. Each page had these little boxes with tips about how to properly compliment somepony, and what body language one should display, all of which Twilight quickly took to heart. Pinkie oblivious to Twilight’s skimming, continued bouncing along. The thought of the cupcake party was making her smile from ear to ear. In the meantime Celestia continued to observe from above, quite immersed in watching her student's progress. Before long the two came to a clearing, and set up their picnic lunch.

"Uhmm...Twilight I don't think we're going to need candles to eat lunch out here, it's still pretty bright out, unless you wanted to celebrate your birthday today even though it's still 283 1/2 days away. If that's what it is then happy 283 days till your birthday!" Pinkie gleefully cried before throwing up a hoof-full of confetti.
"No Pinkie, I didn't want to celebrate my birthday early." Twilight replied as she set the first candle down, then turned a bit shaking her flank a bit at Pinkie as she placed the second.
"Oh okay, then why the candles?" Pinkie asked as twilight lit the candles.
"Just an experiment regarding eating by candlelight." Twilight replied as the reflections of the orange flames danced in her eyes.
"Okie Dokie Lokie." Pinkie cheerfully responded as she nosed the box of confections open, while Twilight poured out some iced tea.

Celestia could see that her student was trying quite hard to subtly garner Pinkie's attentions, but could also very easily see she wasn't quite getting her message across. Celestia decided to take no chances with Pinkie Pie and teleported back to the royal apothecary's laboratory. She quickly brewed a powerful love potion, and threw in a powerful aphrodisiac to boost the effect of it. She teleported back to her cloud observatory, and breathed a sigh of relief as she observed the two talking casually. She brightened up as she watched Twilight move her hoof on top of Pinkies, but then rolled her eyes as she watched Pinkie turn it into a game of pattycake. With incredible skill and precision Celestia floated the vial of potion down toward Pinkie Pie's iced tea, and stealthily emptied the vial into it. Pinkie lifted the glass to her muzzle, but just before she could take a sip she noticed a bunny that came crawling out of the underbrush, panting and gasping for breath. Without even thinking Pinkie rushed over to the poor little bunny, cradled it in her arms, and gave the bunny her iced tea to drink. Celestia facehoofed as she watched the bunny instantly regain its vitality, before grabbing another bunny and rushing into a bush which then began to thrash around intensely.

"Could she have...? No, that must have just been terrible timing." Celestia thought to herself as she readied her backup vial of the potion.

When she returned her attentions to Twilight, she nearly facehoofed again. Twilight had attempted to give Pinkie a few cute suggestive looks, but had failed so horribly that it had turned into a ‘who could make the funniest face’ contest. With the two distracted, once more she stealthily introduced the magical liquid to Pinkie Pie's, now refilled, iced tea. She then turned to Twilight, and very gently magically nudged the cupcake she was eating out of her hoof and onto her cheek, smearing the chocolate frosting all over her cheek.

"Oh ponyfeathers...Pinkie, do you have any napkins? I swear I packed some but I can’t find any.” Said Twilight in an annoyed tone.

Celestia held her hoof over her muzzle to muffle her laughter as she looked at the pile of napkins, as well as a cupcake she had snagged for herself while the two below weren't looking.

"Oh here Twilight let me get that for you." Pinkie cheerfully said then leaned over and licked Twilight's cheek clean.
"Gotcha." Celestia whispered, then took a bite of her pilfered pastry.

Twilight blushed wildly as she felt pinkies long wide tongue trace up her cheek, getting every speck of the icing in one sweeping lick. Twilight shivered a bit, but smiled believing her hints and gestures had finally gotten through to the bubbly pink earth pony.

"You've got a little on your face too Pinkie..." Twilight whispered then slowly leaned in with her tongue extended.
"Twilight, your mane is on fire!" Pinkie screamed and pointed as Twilight's perfectly worked and styled mane, started to smoke.

In the moment of passion Twilight hadn’t noticed that when she leaned in, she brushed her mane right into one of the candles she had set up, and accidentally set her mane alight. She screamed and panicked a bit as the flames began to lick their way up the poor mare's mane. Once again acting quickly Pinkie grabbed her glass of tea in her muzzle and splashed Twi with it, extinguishing the flames.

"Did not see that coming..." Celestia whispered to herself.
"Thank you Pinkie!" Twilight cried and hugged Pinkie tight.
"What are friends for?" Pinkie asked as she extinguished the last ember in Twi's mane.

As Twilight felt the tea drip down her coat and mane she suddenly began to feel a burning desire for Pinkie Pie. The potion was seeping its way into her pores, and although it was not as powerful as if she drank the potion, it was still effecting her enough that she began to lean in for a kiss. She closed her eyes, and her lips pressed against something she knew was much rougher than any pony's skin would be. Her eyes shot open and she saw that she was in fact deeply kissing Gummy, Pinkie's pet alligator that had popped out of her mane. Pinkie was giggling wildly as Twilight pulled back and tried to spit the taste of alligator out of her mouth.

"Twilight I had no idea you felt so strongly about Gummy, but I'm pretty sure that kind of thing is illegal in Equestria." Pinkie chortled while the toothless baby alligator disappeared back into her thick, frizzy mane. Twilight’s mind began to clear, as the effects of the weakened potion quickly faded.
“I wasn’t trying to kiss Gummy!” Twilight cried, then swished some water around in her mouth and spit it out.
“Well I dunno what else you coulda been doin’.” Pinkie replied curiously.
“I was trying to kiss you!” Twilight screamed in desperation then buried her head in her hooves.
“Why were you trying to kiss me?” Pinkie asked as she rubbed her hoof gently down Twilight’s back.
“I read that one can only truly understand advanced friendship if you have a very special somepony, and I thought it was going to be you.” Twilight explained.
“Why would you pick me, I didn’t even think you were into mares.” Pinkie said comfortingly.
“I’m not really sure, but the book said that many of the greatest mares in Equestrian history were filly foolers.” Twilight continued, on the brink of sobbing as she realized how foolish she’d been.
“I think I see the problem, you’re letting that silly willy book do all the thinking for you instead of using that big smart brain in your head to figure this out.” Pinkie said as she gently tapped Twilight on the forehead.
“But it’s the bookworm’s guide, it’s never steered me wrong before...” Twilight said in a dejected tone.
“Books can be wrong sometimes, did you really even feel something for me that way?” Pinkie asked as she picked up Twi’s head and looked into her eyes.
“N-no I didn’t, I mean I still felt like I liked you, and like you were one of my best friends but... I don’t know why I tried to do that...” Twilight admitted as a blush of embarrassment crept onto her face.
“It’s okay Twilight I’m not mad or anything, and this doesn’t change one teeny tiny little thing between us. We’re all given bad advice sometimes, but we should really just learn to trust what we really feel in our hearts rather than relying on what others tell us we should think or feel.” Pinkie reassuringly said as she rubbed Twilight’s back.
“That sounds like it would make a pretty good letter to the Princess. Would you mind if I used it?” Twilight asked.
“I would love it if you did!” Pinkie said and the two shared a good laugh, putting her hoof around Twilight and pulling her into a friendly hug.
“Guess you learned a thing or two about advanced friendship anyway, right, Twilight?” Pinkie Pie gleefully pointed out.
“I most certainly did.” Twilight agreed, and the two finished eating their lunch.

A few hours later Princess Celestia laid in her bed sulking with a glass of century old brandy mulling over her failure. She thought she had everything perfectly planned to the last detail, but absolutely nothing she had done had survived first contact with Pinkamina Diane Pie. As she magically made the ice cubes swirl around in her drink a burst of green dragon fire flew in through the window and burst in front of her revealing a scroll from Twilight. It said exactly what she had expected it to say, and she filed it away with the rest of Twilight’s reports before turning over on her back with a sigh, the report adding insult to injury. She closed her eyes and took another sip of the well aged liquor, wondering what she would do next. Then she heard the sound of the dragon fire popping again, and when she opened her eyes she saw another scroll floating in front of her. This perplexed the slightly intoxicated princess, so she tore open the seal and began to read the letter, it read as follows:

Dear Princess Celestia,

I know exactly what you were trying to do today. I had my first suspicions when my Pinkie sense started going crazy with one doozy of a doozy then suddenly stopped. It was warning me that burny nose, itchy rump, ear wiggle, twitchy tail means that you’re going to try and ship me with one of my best friends! Funny how it’s oddly specific... Then I started to see the signs of your presence. I know you thought nopony noticed you up in that cloud, but you make a super duper bright flash of light when you teleport, and I dunno how I’m the only pony who seemed to notice. Also, I’m pretty sure vials of glowing love potion don’t just magically materialize and pour themselves into my tea, unless they do now, I didn’t get my ‘Glowing Vials of Love Potion Monthly’ this month, but to my knowledge they don’t. I was beginning to suspect somepony was responsible for all of the new couples in Ponyville, and if you used the same methods you tried on Twilight and I to get them together then maybe I’m going to have to see about uncoupling them. I may have had some feelings for Twilight, but if I decide to make a move it’s not going to be because somepony high up decided to ship us together. So I’m watching for you now Princess, and I am going to stop all of this shipping, well except maybe Rainbow Dash and Applejack, kinda feels like you just bucked them both out of the closet and made them make a move on each other, but the rest of this needs to stop! Oh, and I have proof it was you, you weren’t as careful as you thought you were!

Your Faithful Subject
Pinkamina Diane Pie

P.S. Attached is a photo of your plot, not sure if you realized it, but it was hanging out of the bottom of the cloud.

P.P.S. I won’t charge you for that cupcake, but I know you took it.

Sure enough attached to the letter was a picture of the Royal flank and plot, with cutie mark in view hanging out of the bottom of the cloud.

“I need to lay off these chocolate covered cakes with the orange jelly in them...but they’re so tasty” The princess said with a sigh as she chomped down on one of the delicious chocolate covered cakes.
“I wonder if Luna is having better luck than I am... No matter, Pinkie Pie your challenge is accepted.” Princess Celestia said then downed the last of her brandy, and spread her wings out quickly, making an audible pomf as she lifted the picture of every potential ship she could think of and swirled them around her in a veritable vortex of ponies.
“Who’s next?”

As always everypony I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Favorites and comments are a always greatly appreciated they really help inspire me to keep writing and doing the best I can. ^.^