• Published 27th Mar 2012
  • 7,403 Views, 299 Comments

The Shipping Games - Skystriker



Princess Celestia and Luna have grown bored, and have decided play a new game.

  • ...
16
 299
 7,403

Simple Addition

In Ponyville, love, or rather shipping, was in the air. In the days and weeks following thier successes with Rarity and Fluttershy, as well as with Applejack and Rainbow Dash the princesses had honed thier matchmaking skills to a razors edge. It had become more than an entertaining game immortals play whilst waiting for something interesting to happen, and had morphed into a heated competition. Ponies from colts and fillies, to Granny Smith and Mr. Greenhooves were matched up by the sisters, and thier tally was climbing at an astounding rate. Despite the clumsiness and obviousness of thier earlier attempts, nopony aside from Applejack and Rainbow Dash had even suspected royal involvement in the sudden flurry of affection in Ponyville. Down in the secluded southern field of sweet apple acres Rainbow Dash silently stalked her new marefriend. She had cleverly hidden herself inside of a small cloud, and was slowly pushing herself along by flapping her wings only when she was sure that AJ wasn’t looking. Meanwhile, Applejack diligently trotted from tree to tree, checking every single one of them to be sure that they were healthy, and properly pruned. She had no reason to suspect that the unassuming little cloud above her head was anything more than a stray cloud one of the weather ponies had missed. After confirming that the last tree in the field was healthy, she wiped the sweat from her brow and let out a relieved sigh.

“Looks like them caterpillars only ate up that one tree ‘efore Big Macintosh took care of ‘em.” Applejack thought to herself as she took a swig from her canteen, before sliding it back into her saddle bag.
“Well they ain’t expectin’ me back fer bout ‘nuther hour, ah think its time fer a little me time.” She thought to herself as she dug her head into her bag, and grabbed the base of the long slender device between her teeth, and tried to pull it out from the bottom of her saddlebag.
“Hey whatcha got there AJ?” Rainbow Dash cried, causing Applejack to stumble and trip over herself trying to replace the object, and it began to whir and buzz inside her saddlebag causing them to shake clear off of her as she hit the ground.

Rainbow Dash started laughing so hard that she fell on top of Applejack, who was far less amused, but couldn’t help but crack a bashful smile as she watched her saddlebag try to scurry away, its contents whirring and shaking so intensely that if not for her heavy canteen it would surely have been long gone. The two gave each other a quick nuzzle and kiss before dusting themselves off and getting back on their hooves.

“What brings yah all the way out here Dash?” Applejack asked as she stepped in front of her saddlebags, trying in vein to hide them.
“What? Aren’t I allowed to visit my marefriend while she’s at work?” Rainbow Dash teasingly asked before giving AJ another gentle nuzzle.
“Well ah course you are darlin, ah was just wonderin if’n there was somethin in particular that made yah drop by?” Applejack asked before returning the nuzzle and giving Dash a gentle smile.
“Actually there is, I learned something very interesting this morning while I was helping Blossomforth with the early morning shower.” Dash replied with a sort of smug smile.
“Well don’t just leave me in suspense, musta been somethin juicy if’n yah flew all the way down here tah tell me.” Applejack eagerly said, happy for any distraction from her pulsing bag.
“Well apparently Thunderlane finally got up the nerve to ask her out, but that’s not the big thing. While they were out on a date last night, she stopped to look at a dress Rarity had on display in her front window, and spotted Fluttershy and Rarity kissing!” Rainbow Dash explained, leaving AJ’s jaw hanging open.
“Ahre you serious? Fluttershy an Rarity? Ah wouldn’ ah called that in a million years, specially from Rarity. Gonna be a lot of disappointed stallions when this news makes its way ‘round.” AJ asked in disbelief, genuinely surprised at this turn of events.
“Who would have guessed a few weeks ago that we’d be together? Seems like everypony is hooking up these days.” Rainbow Dash said casually, then started to gently kiss and nibble at Applejack’s neck.
“Wait an Applepickin second! Fluttershy an Rarity, Thunderlane an Blossomforth, Granny Smith and Mr. Greenhooves, all in the same week. Ah reckon ah know what’s goin on round here!” AJ exclaimed, her eyes going wide from the realization, as well as her marefriends delightful teasing kisses.
“You don’t think...?” Rainbow Dash started, to which Applejack responded with a nod.
“Ah dunno fer sure though, that’s an awful lotta ponies fer even a princess tah be playin matchmaker with.” Applejack said as she started to piece everything together.
“What if Princess Luna is helping her?” Rainbow Dash asked, and both of their eyes went wide.
“Ah dunno why they’re doin this, but it taint right fer them to be doin.” Applejack said, a bit of outrage in her voice as she stamped her hoof down.
“Well it worked out pretty good for us.” Rainbow dash sensibly said as she smiled lovingly at Applejack, then both of their cheeks began to glow a soft shade of pink.
“Well yer definitely right about that sugar cube.” Applejack replied, before planting a little kiss on Dashie’s cheek.
“Regardless we need to tell Twilight and Pinkie Pie what’s happening, for all we know either of them could be next.” Rainbow declared, with a tone of urgency in her voice, as she poofed her chest and wings out in a proud stance.
“How exactly do yah plan on doin that? Twahlight ain’t exactly gonna believe that Celestia is doin somethin like this without solid evidence. An ah don’t know about yer letter but mine up an vanished a few days ago without a trace.” Applejack asked as she slid herself up under one of Rainbow Dash’s wings.
“I have no idea, my letter vanished too, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to warn them.” Dash replied with a determined stomp of her hoof.
“Ah course not sugar cube, ah just hope Twah doesn’ get all sore at us for insinuatin that her teacher is doin all ah this.” Applejack said nervously.
“AJ you’re the element of honesty, she’ll have to believe you. I think you just need a little... confidence boost.” Rainbow Dash slowly and softly whispered into her ear before scooping AJ up in a loving embrace.

The two mares held one another tightly, and shared a long deep passionate kiss. Rainbow's wings pomfed out and began to flap wildly as her heart raced in her chest, and slowly but surely the two rose up a few feet into the air. Applejack felt a twinge of fear shoot through her body as she felt her body raising higher and higher off the ground. This sensation of being completely not in control, while her lover had complete control, was a new and deep down terrifying prospect to the strong willed mare. She began to involuntarily shake a little bit. She knew Dash would never do anything to hurt her while she was vulnerable like this, but the simple feeling of helplessly dangling in somepony’s grasp like that shook her in a way she never had been before. Dash sensed the discomfort, and slowly lowered the two of them back to the ground, then wrapped her one wing around AJ as the two shared another affectionate nuzzle.

"Tha' was mighty special, ah ain’t never been kissed like that, while bein held like that before" AJ stammered out, clearly trying to word it in such a way that wouldn’t show how shaken it left her.
“Are you okay Applejack? You were shaking pretty bad up there...” Rainbow Dash asked as she felt a cold twinge weasel its way through her body at the feeling that she might have done something so terribly wrong.
“Just uhmm, not used tah it I guess...” Applejack replied her voice quivering a bit at the end.
“I promise Applejack, cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye, that I will never ever let you fall.” Rainbow Dash said from the bottom of her heart as she did the accompanying hoof motions.

Applejack stared deep into Rainbow Dash’s beautiful magenta eyes, and it was as if she were staring into her marefriend’s very soul. She could see the truth of her words in those eyes. If you asked her, she would never in a million years be able to describe exactly what she saw as she gazed deep into Rainbow Dash’s eyes, but in that moment she knew; she knew Rainbow Dash really loved her, and would never ever ever ever ever let her fall. She leaned in, and once more shared a long deep kiss with her, but this time they kept all four hooves on the ground or one another.

“Well since you don’t seem to care for flying, how about I see if i can find where your saddlebags vibrated off to, and you can show me the earth pony way.” Rainbow Dash whispered as she gave AJ a lustful look.
“Ah’d be delighted tah sugar cube, just try an keep it down this time, ah swear yer the loudest whinnier in all of Equestria.” Applejack said, and the two giggled quietly and blushed brightly.
“Don’t lie, you know you love it.” Rainbow Dash cockily replied.
“Ah never said ah didn’t.” Applejack cooed before revealing her stashed saddlebag.

She slowly revealed to her marefriend exactly what she had been hiding in that saddlebag, and at the mere sight of it Rainbow’s eyes went wide, her jaw dropped, and Applejack caught a whiff of the delightful scent she had come to love.

(Authors Note: This chapter was a bit shorter, but something I really wanted to get out there before I moved on to the next pairing. This is not an indicator that the chapters will be getting shorter, there was just a shorter story that needed told this time around. Also I wanted to gauge if there was interest in a colt cuddling pairing, please leave a comment if you wish to let me know your opinion.

Thank you to all of my wonderful wonderful readers and commenters for making this far more read than I ever thought it would be you ponies are all awesome ^.^. I hope you all continue to read and enjoy my work for as long as my noggin keeps churning out ideas.

~Skystriker)