• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 241 Views, 1 Comments

An unexpected turn of events - dracoflames



There are a lot more characters in this the just the ones i selected also to see description look at the long description please.

  • ...
 1
 241

The stone

Author's Note:

This is my first fanfic i have ever made so for those of you who read this story its possibly crappy.So if you all could be so kind and criticize this story so i can make it better. I really need your feed back so i know what i can do to do better.

It was a typical day in ponyville the wind was blowing as the sun spread its warmth across the the town beneath. Although most ponys would spend this kind of day outside a certain young princess found herself caught up in her studies. In the library a purple alicorn sat at a table happily reading a book on ancient artifacts that celestia had asked her to read. When suddenly she flipped the page and the object on the page caught her attention.

"Ooo what's this?" The purple mare said excitingly.
What was on the page was an oddly shaped stone. She read the page from top to bottom surveying every word making sure there wasn't a detail unread.
"that's amazing! A stone that can bring back the dead?! This i have to see" she said enthusiastically.

Her ears drop remembering where the stone was located. The stone was in a place where no pony would dare to go. It was in a cave deep in the ever free forest.
But that wasn't all, inside the cave there were countless traps for whoever even trys to get the stone has to deal with while looking for the stone.

She knew she couldn't do this but maybe she could find some pony else who could. She thought to herself for a second there was only one pony she could think of that she could completely trust, athletic, and not afraid of anything. The pony she needed was Rainbow dash the most fearless of her friends.

" that's it! I need Rainbow dash!"she said as she sprang up from the desk and quickly ran out the door in search of her rainbow colored friend. Twilight ran through ponyville and ended up at rainbow's house.
"Rainbow??!" Twilight stared up at her house hoping she was there.
".....Rainbow?!" she yelled once again.
She then heard movement from up above and it was coming from the house. After a brief moment of silence the door swung open and a cyan pegasus walked out rubbing her eyes.
"what is it twilight? i'm kinda busy" rainbow said yawning.

"you were busy? to me it seems like you were sleeping" the purple mare replied.
"you know i always take naps at this time of day" Rainbow dash said annoyed.
" oh yeah heheh i forgot" twilight said giggling a bit.
" Soo what do you need twilight?" The rainbow maned mare said curiously
" oh well i need to ask you a favor" twilight replied.
" what kind of favor?" The blue pegasus flew down next to her intrigued
" well just follow me to the library i'll explain on the way"
twilight begins walking back the way she came and Rainbow dash follows.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0
" so that's pretty much it. You interested?" Twilight and rainbow arrive at the library and walk inside
"So let me get this straight, you want me to go into to a cave with booby traps for a stone that can bring back the dead, but may or may not exist?" Rainbow replied
" Well yeah that's pretty much it' Twilight said "

Well.....that sounds AWESOME!!!" Rainbow said enthusiastically
"hmmm.....actually i think ill ask applejack to do it i don't think you're up for it." Twilight said smirking.
"What??! of course i'm up for it!!" Rainbow replied annoyed


"i know you can rainbow I'm just having some fun. Oh and you cant let anypony know about it. If word breaks out about a magic stone then everypony would want to get there hooves on it"
*rainbow rolls her eyes then flies out the window* " don't worry twilight i'll get that stone and be back in jiffy "

* she flies off into the everfree forest and lands on the ground* "now wheres that cave...?" * she begins to walk around looking for the cave that holds the magic stone. but the one thing she didn't realize she was being followed* * her ears go up and she hears rustling in the bushes next to her* "Who's there?!" * the rustling stops and everything goes silent as rainbow stares at the bush with narrow eyes examining it* ".....hmm guess it was nothing"

* She continues walking when something pops out of the bushes behind her, the thing that popped out was a blue pegasi, almost like rainbows coat but a bit darker,a red mane with yellow going through the middle of it, he began to walk out of the bushes sneaking behind rainbow, he then begins to giggle quietly and pokes her flank, rainbow caught by surprise jumps up and falls on her face*

"Bwahahahaha" *the blue stallion laughed and rainbow turned to face him and she blushed a little* "What was that for?! *The blue pegasi looks down at her still laughing* "Cause its funny!" *Rainbow rolls her eyes and stands up wiping the mud off her face* "Who are you?"

* He stops laughing and looks at her* "my names dracoflames and your name i believe is rainbow dash"
* She gets the mud off her face and looks at him* "so you've heard of me...?" *She looks at him and smiles a bit*
"oh well....yeah you could say that.. " * He smiles a bit*
*She walks closer to him* "what are you doing out here anyway?"

* She stops and looks closer at him* "I could ask you the same thing rainbow"
"I'm not suppose to tell anypony...plus even know you so how can i trust you....?"
"hmmm well what will you have me do?"
* she thinks for a second* "hmmm well....i'll assume you know who pinkie pie is right?"
"Yes i do why?"
"Then you have to pinkie promise me, and remember if you brake a pinkie promise, pinkie pie will come after you and it won't be pretty"
*He gulps and nods* "y-yes ma'am"
"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye" *They both say in unison*
*Rainbow motioned Draco to come closer and as he walked closer rainbow slapped him across his face * "Ow! what was that for..?! *She giggles a bit* "That was for poking my flank and surprising me "
*Draco rolls his eyes* "So are you going to tell me or not...?"
"Oh yeah well....." *After a while rainbow had told Draco all about the stone and about the cave it was inside also that it was her task to get the stone for her friend*
"Woah! Can i help??" * Draco smiled widely*

*Rainbow thought for a minute* "hmmmm nah you'll just slow me down and get in the way"
* Draco looked at her with big eyes and whimpers on the brink of tears* "please rainbow....?"
*She rolls her eyes* "ugh fine just stop doing that"
*Draco smiles and hugs rainbow* "Yes thank you! you won't regret it."
*Rainbow began to blush and Draco realizing what he was doing blushed brightly an backed away*
"oh heheh sorry" *Rainbow starts to walk deeper in the forest* "I-Its fine...just follow me"

*Draco follows closely behind rainbow as they continue walking something catches Draco's eye*
"Hey rainbow is that the cave you were looking for?" *He points towards a cave opening behind old dead tree's*
"I guess it is" *She walks to the opening and draco follows close behind her*
"so rainbow there are traps in here right?"
"Yup" *Rainbow starts to look around when she suddenly stops and draco bumps into her*
"Why'd you stop?" "Look" *rainbow points down to what seems like a bottomless pit*
" oh well if i fell in i could just fly out you know" *Draco spreads his wings and flaps them*
*Rainbow rolls her eyes and spreads her wings and flys over the hole and continues on deeper in the cave when something glowing catches her eye and she turns to see what the object was*

"That must be it" *rainbow walks over to the pedestal holding the object when draco pulls her back* "hey what are you doing??" *Draco points towards the floor and on the floor their were tiles shaped differently*
"hmm seems we need to figure out which one to step on so a trap wont activate"
*Rainbow facehoofs* "Draco you do realize you have wings right....?"
*Draco looks at his wings and chuckles a bit* "oh yeah i forgot" *Rainbow rolls her eyes and flys over to the pedestal where the stone is*

"Be careful rainbow it might be booby trapped...heheh i just said booby"
*Rainbow ignores draco and grabs the stone* "........"
*Draco looks around* "I guess there was nothing to worry about"
*Rainbow flys over next to him holding the stone*
"Hey rainbow didn't that seem a little to ...easy...?"
*Then a second later the way they entered is closed off by a huge rock*
"Crap!" *Rainbow flys over to the rock and rams into it then falls down in defeat* "Dang it were trapped!"
* Rainbow get up and rubs her head with her hoof in pain as a little blood dribbled out of her arm*
"Well at least it cant get worse"
* Rainbow looks at draco angrily* "You idiot don't say that!"
*Draco looks at rainbow confused* :"Why not?"
*Just then the room begins to fill water* ".....oh heheh that's why"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment