• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 7,836 Views, 2,739 Comments

Trixie's Forest Retreat - crowscrowcrow



Following the events of Boast Busters, Trixie decides to hide from the town (and Rainbow Dash in particular) by taking cover in the Everfree Forest. Not every problem can be outrun, and sometimes facing them can have unexpected consequences.

  • ...
31
 2,739
 7,836

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 74 - Rename


… why is Trixie on the ground? Blinking slowly as the world came back to her, Trixie watched the light of the morning sun beam through the window, leading her to guess the storm must have cleared up. Trixie found herself laying down on a soft blanket. Her back and side felt wonderfully warm, and she was not in any pain at all. Hm, Trixie is getting better at this.

Giggling to herself, she recalled her dream from last night, and blushed heavily. Rainbow Dash tricking Trixie into a kiss? Hah, she wishes! Still, it had been so real that Trixie could swear she could still taste Rainbow Dash.

Sighing wistfully, Trixie entertained the fantasy for a while longer. Gradually, the grogginess cleared up, and a low growl from her stomach brought Trixie the motivation she needed to get up. However, when Trixie tried to rise, a heavy pressure on her back pushed her back down onto her stomach.

“What the?” Upon inspection, Trixie discovered there was a cyan wing folded over her back, and almost instantly after, she also discovered that Rainbow Dash was sleeping right next to her. Startled, Trixie laid down flat, trying not to disturb her any further.

It was coming back to her now, all of it had been real, ever last bit of it. Excitement quickly bubbling up inside her, Trixie tried to decide what she was supposed to do now. She had never considered how to act when Rainbow Dash actually returned her feelings, as if that wasn’t obvious by her embarrassing reaction. The memory made her cringe. What happened after that? Rainbow Dash is still here, d-did we do anything else?

Blushing furiously, Trixie waited with impatience for the rest of her memories to come back, but it proved fruitless. Apparently she’d laughably passed out from a single kiss, then slept till morning. Nice job, Trixie. That was sure not to be incredibly awkward… Then again, they have seen Trixie knocked out more often than they’ve seen her awake anyway.

Trixie shook the thought from her head. This simply was not the time to be worrying about something like that. After all, she had something much more enjoyable she could be doing. Shifting underneath the wing, Trixie wrapped her hooves around Rainbow Dash, cuddling up against her.

As much as she wanted to, among other things, talk to Rainbow Dash right away, Trixie did her best to refrain from disturbing her. Despite herself, Trixie found a nagging fear that Rainbow Dash would wake up, only to tell her that it had been a joke. The thought made a pit form in Trixie’s stomach. She did her best not to worry about it while she settled for just waiting.

While Trixie waited, she occasionally stole a longing look at the sleeping pegasus. She wished she could go back to sleep, but her whole body was tingling non-stop, and she was far too excited for it now.

After a while, it dawned on her that somepony was missing. Wait, where is Fluttershy? Trixie perked up, and lifted her head to get a better look around, but she could not find her anywhere.

Maybe she got up before we did? That would make sense, she’s used to getting up early. Even if that were true however, it still left the question of where Fluttershy was. It was not unlikely that she was out tending to the animals after the storm, checking on them perhaps.

With a smirk, Trixie spent a little time trying to imagine how Rainbow Dash must have tried to explain to Fluttershy why she was unconscious again. Oh, maybe something like ‘I did not hit her! I hit on her! Totally different!’ would have been good? It’s too bad Trixie missed it.

A long yawn next to her quickly brought Trixie’s attention back to the present. She could feel Rainbow Dash stirring in her embrace as she waited with bated breath. It only took Trixie a second to decide she wanted to do something special when Rainbow Dash woke up, something to make sure she knew how much it meant to her. The only problem was that she had no idea what.

Feeling her heart pounding in her chest, Trixie tried to think fast. Unfortunately her mind was not cooperating and kept giving her ridiculous ideas like: singing to her, calling her some overly sweet pet name, kissing her awake like a ponytale princess, or ask if it was good for her too.

Groaning as she choked on being romantic, Trixie jolted a little when she saw Rainbow Dash slowly opening her eyes, clearly still groggy. Gah! Time’s up! Just pick one! Something sweet! “H-hey, good morning, uhhh, Sugarcube.”

Rainbow Dash blinked, and even half asleep she still sniggered and rolled her eyes. “Good morning to you too, Little Hayseed.”

As soon as she’d heard herself say it, Trixie had the overwhelming desire to facehoof herself hard enough to put her recovery back two weeks. Of all the things you could have called her! “S-shut up, uhm, Trixie meant to make you laugh! So hah, it worked.”

Chuckling, Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Sure you did.” Her tone shifted to a more serious one. ”Anyway, how are you feeling? You gave us a scare you know.”

Laying her ears flat on her head, Trixie felt guilty for worrying the pair. “Trixie is fine, she just got a little too, uhm, excited. Uh, but in a good way. It wasn’t because something was wrong.” She felt her cheeks burning as she avoided Rainbow Dash’s gaze, looking off to the side. “I-it was your fault you know, doing that to Trixie, making her so happy.”

“Oh, I see. I guess that means no more kisses then, since you can’t handle them.” With a teasing smirk, Rainbow Dash pulled away.

Gasping, Trixie pulled closer against Rainbow Dash. “No! There is nothing The Great and Powerful Trixie cannot handle! She’ll prove it!” Even if she was joking, the thought of losing her again right away was just too much, and it brought back a paranoid fear. “U-unless… It, it was real, right? It wasn’t a joke? You don’t regret it?” Trixie struggled hard to keep a neutral face. If Rainbow Dash only felt sorry for her, then she definitely wasn’t going to say it if she looked as pathetic as she sounded.

After brief look of confusion, Rainbow Dash’s face softened, and she returned the hug tightly. “Hey, I’m sorry, Trixie. Maybe I shouldn’t tease you right now. I guess I didn’t get to explain much last night, huh?”

Trixie shook her head, though she knew just fine why that was. “So, explain?”

“Sure, well, I was thinking about it, and I just decided maybe I wasn’t being fair, you know? How do I know I don’t like being with you, if I never gave you a chance? I like having you as a friend, and well, I like you, I guess, you know? You’re cool.” Rainbow Dash started to look increasingly more uncomfortable as she approached closer to ‘mush’ territory, and apparently looking for something she could say to rescue her image.

While it had not exactly been a burning declaration of ever-lasting love, Trixie could not be happier, nor stop smiling as she nodded. “Trixie understands, she’s cool.” She giggled and shook her head. “So, then this means Trixie has a chance to show you a Great and Powerful Time. Perfectly clear. In that case, the first order of business is obvious!” Just as Trixie finished speaking, she quickly leaned in to steal a kiss from Rainbow Dash.

Taken off guard, it took Rainbow Dash a second to respond, but she soon answered the kiss. Once Trixie finally broke away, Rainbow Dash shot her a smile, and her voice held a playfully affectionate tone. “The Great and Powerful Thiefsie?” She pulled closer as she spoke, to claim a second kiss.

Trixie felt like she could burst into flames at any second, happily enjoying her second kiss that morning, though afterward she gave Rainbow Dash a frown. “That better not stick. You are as bad at pet names as Trixie, Dashie.”

Dashie? Who’ve you been talking to?” Rainbow Dash chuckled. She gave a look the sunbeam shining through the window and blinked, following it out the window towards the partly clouded sky. She pushed away from Trixie. “Gah I’m late! I’ve got to get going, I’m supposed to help clean that mess up there up.“

“Awh, can’t you just leave it?” Trixie huffed, it did not seem fair to her she had to give up Rainbow Dash so soon already, even if it was for just a little while. “You already made the mess, your job is done.”

Rainbow Dash smirked. “Much like Fluttershy’s kitchen, the old storm clouds won’t clear themselves, and we can’t put Ponyville through another storm like that. Besides, thanks to a certain somepony I had such a rigorous practice session that this will be easy by comparison.” She gave Trixie an accusing look.

“Oh, uhhh, you’re welcome?” Trixie grinned cheesily, then rose onto her hooves. “Okay fine, but you can’t go to work on an empty stomach. Stay right there, and Trixie will get you something, she insists.”

After briefly pondering the offer, Rainbow Dash nodded. “Well, I can’t say no to that now can I? Actually I was a bit worried about being hungry my whole shift.”

“That’s the spirit.” Trixie trotted her way to the kitchen, swaying her tail much more pleasantly than heading off to do some housework called for. Just as she was about to reach the kitchen door, Trixie shot a look back at Rainbow Dash, who’s eyes quickly rose up to meet her own. Perfect!

Blushing, Rainbow Dash rose a hoof up to scratch the back of her neck. “Uh, is there, uhm, something?”

“No, Trixie just wanted to get one more look before she went.” She quickly stepped into the kitchen, and closed the door, leaning against it while she waited for her heart to stop trying to drill its way out of her chest. Calm down, Trixie! She did not really believe she would pass out from excitement a second time, but it made her hooves even less steady than they already were, and she needed those right now.

Starting with the easy part, Trixie set out to gather something to drink first, and quickly settled on some herbal tea. It was no problem finding the ingredients, as Fluttershy kept quite a few different tea flavors in stock, but finding the teapot proved more difficult.

It was not as if Trixie could not find one, she’d located one in a cabinet during her search, but she had a specific one in mind, the rainbow-colored teapot Fluttershy had used the night she returned home from the hospital. Despite her best efforts, it was nowhere to be found.

As she grew more desperate, Trixie even started checking in places she was pretty sure it wouldn’t be, in the cups, below the plates, and underneath the cupboard. Disappointed, she decided to settle for a boring green teapot instead.

With her procrastinating fulfilled, all that was left was figuring out what she was going to make, and how she was going to make it.

Apparently Rainbow Dash was curious about that as well, as Trixie could hear her voice calling out from the living room. “What are you making anyway?”

Trixie knew that as soon as she’d finished breakfast Rainbow Dash would leave, and it was with that realization that she felt a grin growing on her lips. Calling out in a perfectly innocent voice, Trixie replied.

“Pancakes!”

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed.

PreviousChapters Next