• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 471 Views, 1 Comments

The new and the old - gkst



The doctor crashes on a very strange planet inhabited by ponies soon after his 14th regeneration

  • ...
 1
 471

New threads

“Is it much further my fee … wait no my hooves are starting to hurt. This may take some getting used to.” The doctor complained as he followed Twilight down the street.

“Have you always been so whiney?” Asked Twilight once more finding the urge to hit him almost overwhelming.

“No. Although my newer incarnations tend to be whiney than the old ones.” The doctor mused.

“Incarnations?” Twilight responded.

“Such an inquisitive mind miss sparkle. I’m not certain if it’s a good or bad trait. Knowledge is power but too much of it can break a person … pony.”

“What?”

“Sorry just thinking out loud. I do that. Always have and at this point I’d say it’s a safe bet that I always will. Hard to keep so many thoughts in your head without a few spilling out every now and again.” The doctor said quickly becoming lost in his own mind.

“Never mind. We’re here now anyway.” The unicorn gestured towards a building that at first glance the doctor thought was a giant cake. He was actually a little disappointed that it wasn’t a giant cake since he had yet to try cake with these taste buds.

Twilight entered the boutique quickly followed by the doctor who was trying to remember what cake tasted like.

The pair were almost instantly greeted by a white mare with a purple mane “Twilight. What can I do for you and your devilishly handsome companion?” The mare spoke in a very posh accent.

“Devilishly handsome? Really? Twilight why didn’t you tell me I was devilishly handsome? I should really find a mirror or something I still haven’t seen myself. Not that I really know what’s considered handsome for a stallion. Maybe it’s the mane. No it’s probably the eyes they seem to dominate most of the face on ponies. Or maybe …” upon noticing the death glare he was receiving from Twilight the doctor promptly shut up.

“Sorry Rarity. This is ummm …” Twilight glanced at the doctor for inspiration and was granted it when her eyes fell on his cutie mark. “Time Turner. He’s new here and wanted some new clothes-“

“Preferably clothes with pockets!” The doctor interrupted.

“As I was saying he was wondering if you could help him out.” Twilight concluded.

“Why of course. I’m always happy to help a pony in need especially one with a fashion problem.” Rarity started walking through rows of fabric “any preferences on colour?” Rarity asked.

“Nothing to bright but not brown. I’m sick of brown. I’m always brown.” The doctor said turning around to glare at his own tail.

“Hmmm something with pockets that isn’t brown. How about a coat and a shirt. Nothing to thick so you don’t get too hot. Summer is right around the corner after all.” Rarity mused. “What about a tie of some sort?”

The doctor had begun to follow the unicorn around. “I’m not sure though I do tend to like ties for some reason.”

The fashionista turned around suddenly and ushered the doctor in front of a mirror. The pony that stared back at him looked almost … plain. Light brown fur dark brown mane and blue eyes. Nothing particularly eye catching. He quite liked it. Then rarity put the bow tie on and for a split second he looked into the mirror and couldn’t help but think bow ties looked cool. Then he realised he couldn’t breathe.

“so what do you thin-“ Rarity was cut off by the doctor panicking and grasping at his throat before tearing the bow tie off and looking at it with sad eyes.

“How could you betray me bow tie? I thought you were cool.” The doctor said before handing the tie back to Rarity.

“Okay then. So the neck ware is a no.” Quickly regaining her composure Rarity went back into her rows of clothing and returned with a plain white shirt and a pitch black overcoat that was almost long enough to be considered a trench coat but wasn’t quite there. The important thing was that it had pockets!

“Put the white shirt on first but leave the top button undone then put on the overcoat.” The doctor did as he was told and loved the results. Not only was the outfit comfortable but he wasn’t afraid to say (well in this case think) that it looked pretty good on him to.

“This is perfect! How much do I owe you?” The doctor dreaded the answer since he didn’t have any money nor did he even know what the currency was on this world.

“Don’t worry about it darling. This coat was clearly made to be worn by you. I couldn’t live with the thought of anypony else wearing it.” The white mare said throwing her front hooves up grandly.

“Thanks. You really helped me out here. Usually I can find something that suits me in the TARDIS somewhere but I’m pretty sure I don’t have any clothes that fit ponies. I may have a horse sized fez somewhere though. Also I have to say the anypony pun was top notch.”

“You’re welcome?” Rarity gave the stallion a confused look before quickly returning to her usual elegant self.

“Well now that I’m all nice and suited up, with pockets and everything, I think it’s time I figured out what planet and what time this. TARDIS ho!” The doctor gestured towards the door and began to run towards it but stopped almost immediately. “TARDIS ho? Nope not a fan of that. Never saying that again. Maybe doctor away!” The doctor made the same grand gestured but this time didn’t even begin to move this time. “Nope definitely not. Argh I’ll figure something out eventually. I always do. Oh yeah!” The doctor turned to the two very confused mares. “I just realised I haven’t the foggiest idea where my TARDIS is. You two have any clues? It’s a kind of big blue box thing. Makes a fantastic whirring sound quite a lot.”

“Fluttershy did mention something about a blue box spitting you out in the Everfree forest.” Twilight replied.

“She spat me out? I hope she isn’t mad at me. She does tend to get a little annoyed when I regenerate inside her. It always leaves her looking like a mess but it couldn’t be helped this time. I’m sure if I apologise she’ll forgive me. Maybe if I finally fixed the inertial dampeners or better yet bought her new ones. I bet she’d like that! It would make it a lot easier to aim her at a specific time and place. Then again where’s the fun in that? I would know exactly where and when I was going all the time. Maybe if I just redecorated. She always did like a good makeover. I bet she’s going to hide the swimming pool again. She says it isn’t her but I know it is. Oh who am I kidding? I probably keep moving it and then forget that I’ve moved it. Too many thoughts! They get all jumbled.” The doctor snaps himself out of his train of thought. “Well there’s no use standing around worrying. I’ll just have to go find out for myself. Miss sparkle if you wouldn’t mind escorting me to this Everfree forest?”

“Well I –“Twilight began.

“Excellent! Lead on then, miss sparkle.” The doctor interrupted.

Twilight sighed and muttered a brief goodbye to rarity before exiting the boutique with the doctor following close behind her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight was steadily losing her patience with this doctor. The only pony she had ever met who could talk as much as the doctor was Pinkie Pie but when she talked her aim was to get you to smile. When the doctor talked he seemed to be either merely thinking out loud or actively trying to alienate her. He’d been talking for the last five minutes non stop.
“Why is walking so much more tiring than it used to be? I have spent most of my life on my feet. Maybe it’s because I have hooves now. I’m not sure I like it. Maybe I should have asked rarity for some shoes. Do ponies wear shoes? Horseshoes I suppose. That reminds me. Twilight are you and Rarity part of some sort of cult?” The doctor blathered.

“What? Why would you ask that?” Twilight asked surprised.

“Well you both have a tattoo in the exact same place. Isn’t that the sort of thing cults do? Or is that sororities? Twilight if you were one of those creepy sorority girls who feast on the blood of innocent virgins and handsome time lords you’d tell me right?”

“Wait. Are you talking about my cutie mark? Everypony has one! You have one.” Twilight gestured at the doctor’s flank. “It shows what your special talent is. Mine represents magic. Rarities represents fashion. Yours is …?” Twilight took another look at the doctor’s flank.

“Huh an hourglass. I guess that is rather appropriate.”

“Right the whole Time Lord thing. Ready to explain that yet.”

“Nope. You shouldn’t have squandered your questions miss Sparkle.”

“You kept rule lawyering me with your silly games logic!” Twilight said exasperated.

“My game. My rules.”

“How is that fair?”

“It’s not miss Sparkle. Very few things are.” The doctor said entering what Twilight had decided to name his brood mode. It was better than his talk a lot but say nothing mode though so Twilight let him be and the made the rest of the journey to Everfree forests entrance in silence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well here we are.” Twilight announced “Everfree forest. Fluttershy said she found you fairly close to the entrance so we shouldn’t have to go to deep inside it to find your box.”

“Excellent! All we have to do is search this dark, dank and rather foreboding forest. A forest so large you could wander it your entire life and barely scratch the surface of what’s inside it. This will be a great adventure and a nice way of testing this new body of mine out. I’m sure it will be challenging bu-“

“Umm doctor?” Twilight interrupted.

“Yes Miss sparkle.” The doctor replied agitatedly. While he was fine with interrupting other people he didn’t particularly enjoy being interrupted.

“You do realise that we can see this box of yours from the entrance. It’s right there. Maybe 30 feet into the forest.”

“Oh. So it is.” The doctor replied a little disappointed beginning to trudge towards the TARDIS. He perked up a little upon seeing a pile of torn cloth in front of the TARDIS.

“My old clothes! They don’t usually get all torn up when I regenerate. Then again my appearance doesn’t usually change quite so drastically so I suppose some anomalies are to be expected. Well this is brilliant because if I’m lucky …” the doctor began to search. He quickly found what seemed to be a small wallet which he pocketed while shouting “pockets” and giggling at himself. He then returned to his search and soon found a small, slightly bent, metallic device and three keys which he also pockets.

“What were those things?” Twilight asked.

“Just a few odds and ends I like to keep on me in case of emergencies. Oh also!” The doctor bends down one final time and picks up a somewhat decrepit looking shoe. He peels back the sole of the shoe removes a small, squashed biscuit and promptly eats. “Oh yes. Definitely still like jammie dodgers. Amazing biscuits. Superb.”

“Are you done?”

“Yeah. At least I think so. Pretty sure I wasn’t carrying around anything else that was all that important.” The doctor smiled. “now then, Miss sparkle, I think it’s time for me to introduce you to the most gorgeous piece of machinery that has if existed. Let me introduce you to the TARDIS!”

The doctor through open both of the doors to the TARDIS as impressively as he could. “Miss sparkle mee-“The doctor stopped. He felt every ounce of happiness he had left leave him. “No …”

Author's Note:

I know I'm probably going to get a little flack for having my doctor hate on bow ties but i promise you there is a reason for it beyond the obvious different doctor different likes.

Comments ( 1 )

Woah wait I'm a little bit confused. Isn't this a 13th Doctor and why keep calling him a he? Did I miss something?

Login or register to comment