• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 400 Views, 1 Comments

The Restless Warrior - Tumtable



Live to fight for another day... This is an endless battle, for every stallion in Equestria, a battle that leave scars, on the flesh, and in the soul...

  • ...
 1
 400

First Reports

The Restless Warrior

Field Diary - Entry 001

Canterlot, Equestria

Being alive to fight for another day... It's not easy to be like me, to be like us warriors!

I leave the damp trenches, hooves on the road, determined to get on the front line, I was sure of myself after yesterday battle over the Everfree Forest territories; of course, all of the royal guard gave me support...

The rain fell softly over our coats, like if it was afraid of what could happen with us during another day at this endless battle. But we fight for a noble cause; We don't fight just for us, but for everypony in Equestria who suffer from this... Evil

While I patched myself with every supply, armor and weapons I could find, the rain began to fell heavier above the barracks, its noise on the tick canvas was like an omen to me; like a distant voice saying to me: 'This is not a good day to go ahead'

But I don't cared about it; I was engaged on my objective, I have to fight, if I want to conquer this territory. I got in the carriage which would get me to the lines. I take advantage from the long travel; together with my fellow soldiers we discuss plans and tactics, everything must work according to the plan... We can't just disappoint the princess...

The route was busiest than usual, we had to travel slower due to the heavy thunder that now covered the skies above our heads with a dense layer of grayish clouds.

We reach an obstructed point of the road; wreckage of a large carriage was shattered over the way blocking our path. This was a sign to warn us from the dangers beyond. A sign without effect for me, as I said before; I have to fight if I want to conquer.

We got off from our transport, my fellow friends and also, my companions on the war, disperses through the battle grounds; From here, I have to go alone...

My coat was now completely damp with mud, the heavy golden armor wasn't helping my trotting. But I was strong, and couldn't just give up now! It was my honor at stake, as so the honor of every stallion in Equestria.

A couple of hours of intense canter later I began to recognize the scenery around me, every minute I was closer to the battle, every minute I was closer to my fate; whatever it may be...

No sign of the enemy; I stood here, just listening to the intense symphony of the rain. Some time later I finally hear explosions at distance: The time had finally come!

Millions of thoughts running through my head, my horn itched with magic; I was ready to whatever the enemy could throw at me, however, deep into my mind I was frightened, I stood still with my hooves carved into the ground.

Bursts of magic roared through the air around me; I just watched the battle coming closer and closer to me, without realizing I was in the middle of the crossfire.

I checked my supplies, just a few magical grenades, and a couple of harmony bullets- It wasn't the ideal, but it was what I had for today. Nothing in this world could prevent me from going ahead.

I'm not a good fighter, and barely know my adversary tactics; but I know my objectives, and with it keep in mind I ran into the fight.

I got hit right on my first steps, but that doesn't mattered to me 'cause I was used to this kind of wounds. I kept trotting into the battle, shooting my harmony bullets, my grenades, using my magic, and any artifice I could find. I was fighting for the Ponykind!

The war lasted for just a couple of hours, but for me it was like an eternity. When I ran out of ammo, I had to fight with my bare hooves; I was weak, wounded, tired, and helpless.

Several atacks hit my body, I tried to stay strong until the end, but I couldn't fight no more. A last hit pierced my heart.

I succumbed...

There I was, laying on my back on the cold and wet muddy ground; the lightning of distant explosions and bursts of magic still crossed the air. After several hours of battle, the day had turned into night, and the cloudy skies were now darker and sinister.


There, on the ground, raindrops washed my face and mingled with my tears. I began to think about this reality... Nothing made any sense to me. Fighting without a chance to win.

I though about the days I've spent fighting passionately would dissolve into blood. Would this be my fate? Die right here on the ground, dishonoring the grace of the Princesses, betraying our victorious captain Shining Armour?

I felt a void inside me, a void filled with sorrow and darkness. My own soul screamed for compassion, kindness...

Luna's moon that once smiled for me, was now veiled with dark clouds of thunder, nothing more than a sad visage. The stars which like fireflies, enlightened my night, filled me with warmness and love; now seemed to be erased.

Short time before I could close my eyes for the final time, a warm golden light surrounded my sore body, my wounded heart...

The light kept me awake, and kept me alive, when everything in the world appeared to be just like Tartarus to me.

If this was death, I could say it looked like a good idea right now. But somehow, I knew it wasn't my time to go...


I woke up at the hospital; still hurt from the intense battle, wounded, but nonetheless; Alive

Bandages covered my body, from the physical wounds, but inside me I felt broken, like a clock assembled in the wrong way. Patched like an old teddy bear, covered with twisted stitches.

Wounded yes; but i'm still alive. I couldn't spent much time in the nursery; other soldiers also needed assistance, maybe even more than me.

When I was ready, I got back into the carriage who would lead me back to the base, where I could have a quick rest, and prepare myself for another battle.

Some may win, some may not, but in the battle against Friend Zone, you can never give up.

The fleshly wounds are easy to heal, but the wounds in our hearts, those are not.

But we just have to keep fighting for those mares we love, because one day, they could love you back (or turn you into her BFF, and that would be the worst end you could ever have)

As our respected and beloved Captain Shining Armour would say;

Friendzone is Tragic...

Author's Note:

Hey guys, this is my first story, (ever), I just hope you all enjoy this fic, of course, I'm accepting opinions, critics, cheers (of course)!

Also, I would like to thank my friend Pedro Hander for editing and adapting this story for Fimfiction.

Here is his page if you want to check out : http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Pedro%20Hander

Anyway, good reading! #Brazil

Comments ( 1 )

This is promising, keep going! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment