• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 3,310 Views, 146 Comments

A Filly's Tale - Deathsia



Rainbow Dash Follows Scootaloo home one day...

  • ...
15
 146
 3,310

The monster within reawakens!

THE MONSTER WITHIN REAWAKENS!

“You foals will bare witness to power of Discord!” Discord roared at the top of his lungs as he flung his now huge lions paw down upon the group who scattered to dodge the attack.

“Ah know this goes without sayin and all, but we don't stand much of a chance against him like this!” Applejack exclaimed as Discord's lion's paw hit the ground with a mighty thud causing the ground to quake in the wake of the impact.

“Never give up! We can do this!” Twilight exclaimed as she took off from the ground and charged at him full throttle. “Discord might be a god, but I have the blood of my mother and nightmare moon in my veins!” Twilight exclaimed as her body began to radiate with a dark aura.

“Whoa nelly! She isn't!” Applejack exclaimed in shock.

“Looks like she is. She knows the risks, but we can't afford to hold back at this point.” Sweetie Belle remarked as Twilight's form slowly began to change until she took a form everypony recognized all too well. Thought Twilight's physical looks and attributes still remained, the armor she now wore and the color of her fur was now that of Nightmare Moon's.

“You want to play hard ball! I'm game you bucking monster!” Twilight exclaimed as her horn glowed brightly and fired a great beam of magic at Discord.

“What's this?!” Discord exclaimed in shock as the beam of magic impacted with him and knocked him back to his rump with a loud thud which shook the ground.

Twilight then proceeded to fire multiple beams of magic in rapid succession at the hydrocephalus which began to create a large dust cloud after so many beams of magic impacted with the hydrocephalus's body.

“You little foal!” Discord's voice roared as his claw hand ejected from within the dust cloud to which Twilight barely dodged only to get struck hard from his lion's paw as he appeared behind her in a blur seemingly.

“Twilight!” Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Applebloom shouted nearly in unison as the Alicorn went flying to the ground with a loud thud.

Twilight stood to all fours wearily and let out a gasp of suprise as Discord despite his size was able to move with great speed and agility and was upon her within seconds of her recovery and stuck at her only for the Alicorn to focus magic into her wings and use them as a shield which successfully parried the hydrocephalus's attack. Twilight then countered with a beam of magic which stunned him if only for a moment, but this moment was all Twilight needed to take to the skies once again, dive bomb at him, collide with him horn first which pierced Discord's flesh, and slam him against and through the castle wall.

Twilight then retreated several feet awake and prepared for his next attack as the hydrocephalus sat up and held him arm which was bleeding slightly now but looked completely unfazed by her attack, in fact, he began to laugh semi-hysterically at her. “Is that all your inherited dark power is capable of?!” Discord exclaimed with a malicious grin. “I dare say, if that's the true potential of it's power, then I have little to worry about.” Discord said a few moments after his initial statement with a cackle.

“She's holdin back.” Applejack remarked quietly.

“Holdin back?” Applebloom asked in a equally quiet tone.

“Yeah, she's plum terrified of the dark power within her, and fer good reason. That there power she is tappin into is the kind of magic that turned Princess Luna into Nightmare Moon and warped her mind no matter how much she fought against it.” Applejack replied with a worried expression now as she looked on at Twilight who was sweating profusely and clearly struggling to remain in control of the dark power she was now wielding.

“You have no idea what I’m capable of!” Twilight exclaimed and began to focus more magic into her horn but this magic was the dark magic within her she was tapping into now. It was a gamble, but she had little choice now. She could only hope that she could tap into her dark power a little more and maintain control over it.

“What's this?” Discord remarked with a curious expression as he noticed the Alicorn begin to glow more darkly now.

“You wanted to see the full extent of this dark power of mine?” Twilight asked aloud, but her voice now had an eerie echo about it. “Well here it is!” Twilight roared at the top of her lungs as a surge of dark magic erupted from beneath her hooves and enveloped her body in an orb of dark magic.

This turn of events caused everypony to exchange panicked glances. “She's losing control!” Rarity exclaimed in a panicked tone.

“No...she's not.” Sweetie Belle remarked in a low tone.

“Wait, she's not doing what I think she again is she?!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a worried tone.

“Looks it. We had best clear out of here. Twilight's fixing to go magical nuke and if we don't get out of range we'll get caught up in the blast!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed aloud much to everypony's shock.

“I won't let her!” Scootaloo exclaimed and took off from the ground, to the air, and towards Twilight.

“Scootaloo! Stop!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in a frantic tone taking off after the orange Pegasus.

“Twilight, stop! You can't do this!” Scootaloo exclaimed at the top of her lungs with tear filled eyes and latched onto the Alicorn sobbing loudly.

Twilight's gaze shot down to the sobbing filly around her front hooves and the dark magic around her began to immediately dissipate. “Sco-Scootaloo? What are you doing?!” Twilight exclaimed in a shocked tone as her form returned to it natural purple color once again leaving no trace of her nightmare moon appearance now.

“Stopping you from making the worst mistake of your life!” Scootaloo exclaimed looking up at her with tear filled eyes as Rainbow Dash flew over and stopped just short of the two. “How could you be so selfish?! If you die, then who am I going to help me when I need a book? Or when I need somepony to talk to?!” Scootaloo exclaimed looking up at her.

While these reasons seemed rather minor to the mare, she understood the reason behind them and gave a heavy sigh. “I'm sorry Scootaloo. I guess that was pretty thoughtless of me wasn't it?” Twilight remarked putting a hoof over the filly's head.

Unknown to the three however Discord had appeared behind them and was preparing to crush them beneath his lion's paw. A fact the three realized only too late.

“Twi, Dash, Scoots, nooooo!” Applejack shrieked at the top of her lungs as a yellow and pink blur streaked a crossed the room towards the three as the lion's paw came down upon them with a thud.

Rainbow Dash opened her eyes and looked around to see she was still in fact alive but how she was not sure, that is until she saw Fluttershy staving off the paw with her front hooves. “Fl-Fluttershy?” Rainbow Dash asked in amazement even though she knew exactly what strength the yellow Pegasus was tapping into.

“G-Go!” Fluttershy exclaimed in a strained tone. This was a dangerous move for the yellow Pegasus and she knew it, but she had no choice. As long as she didn't fully lose control, she could tap into her hidden power.

Discord's eyes widened in shock when he realized that the yellow Pegasus was staving off his attack. “Interesting...” Discord said with a malicious grin, disappeared in a flash of magic and reappeared in his previous less large form. “You have peaked my interest young Pegasus.” Discord said with a sneer.

Fluttershy turned to face him and struck her butterfly stance but instead of attacking the hydrocephalus just stood there with the same sneer. “What are you waiting for?” Fluttershy asked with a glare.

“Show me this hidden power of yours or watch your friends die.” Discord said with the same sneer.

“H-hidden power? I have no idea what your talking about!” Fluttershy replied as she stuttered slightly.

“You're lying.” Discord replied, lifted his lions paw up to his face and balled it up at which point Twilight found herself being lifted off the ground and moments later being crushed under an invisible force.

“S-Stop it!” Fluttershy shrieked as Twilight cried out in agony.

“Show me! Or they die!” Discord exclaimed in a fierce tone and in the next moment Applejack found herself lifted off the ground as well being crushed by the same invisible force.

“N-no!” Fluttershy exclaimed and attempted to strike at the hydrocephalus only for him to disappear in a flash of magic and reappear behind Pinkie Pie, Sweetie Belle, and Rarity. In the next moment he lifted the three up and put them under the same invisible force as the others.

“Pl-Please! Stop it!” Fluttershy exclaimed as tears began to flow from her eyes.

“You still refuse to show me? Perhaps you need more encouragement.” Discord replied with a sneer and in the next moment Applebloom, and Scootaloo where lifted up in the same invisible force.

“Stop it!” Fluttershy shrieked in horror as her friends cried out in agony.

“Let them go!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, took off from the ground, arched a hoof back, and darted for Discord only to be blasted by force of magic which knocked her back and sent her flying in a back-flip style fall and hit the floor with a thud.

“You foals honestly thought you could stand a chance against the god of chaos and disharmony?! I was merely toying with you! You all are nothing but meager entertainment to me! And I want to see this hidden power that your little friend holds.” Discord roared and laughed evilly afterword then turned his gaze to Fluttershy who was on her knees sobbing. “Aw, what's the matter Fluttershy? Can't save your friends? Maybe the magic of friendship will save them if you won't.” Discord said in a mock sympathetic tone with a sneer.

Hey bozo!

A voice exclaimed from no where and struck Discord hard. This however didn't break his hold over the ponies as he glared to look at who could have possibly struck him. “And who in Equestria are you?!” Discord exclaimed with a glare at the griffon who stood before him.

The griffon didn't reply and flew over to Rainbow Dash. “Yo, Dash! Get off your flank! You've beaten lamer punks like this in flight camp!” The hippogriff exclaimed as she shook the cyan blue Pegasus awake.

“G-Gilda? Why in Equestria are you here?” Rainbow Dash asked in a dazed tone.

“I was in town, some serious horseapples is going down and if there was any group of ponies who knew what was going on, it was you guys. So, who's the lame jerk?” Gilda asked as Rainbow Dash got to all four hooves wearily.

“His name is Discord, the god of chaos and disharmony.” Rainbow Dash replied as she got her bearings and shook off her dizziness.

“Heh, should have known that lame-o was behind this. I thought you six put him in his place?” Gilda replied as she looked at Discord who seemed to be eying Gilda with a sense of disdain.

“We did, but he got out again. You better get out of here. This guy is no joke.” Rainbow Dash replied as she took a stance to strike.

“No chance Dash! Hey Fluttershy, you gonna help or what?” Gilda exclaimed looking over at the sobbing yellow Pegasus.

“I don't think she can right now.” Rainbow Dash said in a whisper, walked over to Fluttershy, and put a hoof on her shoulder.. “Hey, it's okay Fluttershy. “ Rainbow Dash said in a soft comforting tone.

“I'm so scared Rainbow...he's making me so angry, but I don't want to be...” Fluttershy said between sobs in a whisper.

“I know, don't worry. I'll take care of him.” Rainbow Dash said with a smile which faded upon meeting Discord's gaze. “One chance Discord! Either let them go, or I’ll rearrange your ugly face!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in a fierce tone.

“Forgive me if I’m not quaking in my hooves.” Discord replied in an unimpressed tone.

“Stand back Gilda, I’ve only done this twice.” Rainbow Dash replied as she placed a hoof on her chest where her element of harmony rested at which point it began to glow brightly.

“Oh, yes. The true power of your element of harmony. I nearly forgot about that.” Discord said as his sneer faded and was replaced with a glare as he disappeared and reappeared next to Rainbow Dash and Gilda, and arched his claw hand back. “You won't have a chance to use it!” Discord exclaimed as he thrust it forward.

As if in slow motion the cyan blue Pegasus saw it: She turned to look in horror at Discord's claw nearing her side, being shoved to the side by Gilda, a spurt of blood and feathers, Gilda crying out in agony, Discord's claw hand withdrawing with another spurt of blood, and Gilda falling to the ground.

“Gilda, nooo!” Rainbow Dash shrieked in horror as time seemed to kick back into full gear now, lifted her friend up, and looked at her with tear filled eyes.

“Y-You should see the look on your face...L-Lame-o...eh-heh-heeeeehhh......” Gilda said with a weak grin before her eyes fluttered shut and exhaled her dying breath.

“Yet another creature you should have saved.” Discord said with a sneer looking at Fluttershy who stared blankly in horror as tears flooded from her eyes while Rainbow Dash sobbed loudly as she held Gilda's lifeless body close to hers.

(Play “Monster” now)

It-It's happening again....my kindness...I-I can feel it slipping...I just sat here and watched her die...just like my master, just like so many others...I've sat and watched them suffer...well, I won't stand and watch ANYMORE!


Fluttershy's expression suddenly changed from horrified to one of pure rage as she stared at Discord as if he was a bug that needed to be squashed. She stood to all fours hooves slowly as her mane and tail began to flail wildly. “You've murdered innocent creatures, hurt my friends, and you think I will let you get away with it?!” Fluttershy exclaimed in a loathing tone as she continued to glare at Discord who gave her a curious glance.

“Why, yes. I think you will.” Discord replied with a cocky grin.

Rainbow Dash looked at Fluttershy, gasped, then looked at Discord with a deep loathing stare. “Wrong answer.” Rainbow Dash said in a low tone and couldn't help but grin slightly.

AHHH,AHHH,AHHH!!!

Fluttershy's voice shrieked at the top of her lungs as her hair flailed wildly even more fiercely. A short few moments later however Fluttershy stopped shrieking, opened her eyes, and glared at the hydrocephalus as magic seemed to streak a crossed her body in random places and at random intervals as if her body was covered in electricity.

The look in Fluttershy's eyes now was completely different as Discord looked into them. Not a shred of kindness could be seen in them, only rage. Despite his wish to see the yellow Pegasus's true power he could not help but feel unnerved by the look in her eyes. It was as if she was no longer herself.

“Well that's inter-” Discord began to saw only for Fluttershy to disappear in a blur seemingly and appear next to him in the air, roundhouse kick him upside the head, and sent him flying a crossed the room only for Fluttershy to appear once again in yet another blur and strike him again mid-air which sent him flying in the opposite direction.

Discord recovered mid-air only to be struck hard in the gut by Fluttershy's right hoof which knocked the wind out of him and caused him to cough up blood as he felt his rib cage being crushed under the sheer brute force of her strike and sent flying once again, but this time upwards.

It was at this point and time Discord broke his concentration on the other ponies which released them from his hold. “Look at her go!” Scootaloo exclaimed with a wide smile.

“Mah question is how long can she go on like this? Weh all know she can't stay like this forever.” Applejack said in a worried tone.

Rainbow Dash looked at at Fluttershy who continued to beat Discord around like a ragdoll, then looked at Gilda's lifeless body. “I'm sorry Gilda...” Rainbow Dash said in a whisper as she held her tightly again for a few moments more, set her down, and took off from the ground at Discord.

“Enough of this!” Discord roared at the top of his lungs as she projected a magical barrier in front of him only for Fluttershy's hoof to come crashing through it as if it was tissue paper and strike him a crossed the face which sent him flying to the ground with a loud thud.

Discord got to his feet wearily and spit out blood from his mouth to the ground. “Wh-what is she?! She not even a pony! She's a-” Discord said only to stop her right hoof with his lions paw barely but even with bracing himself for the blow, he was pushed back with his feet digging through the ground loudly until he was pressed against the wall struggling to hold off the yellow Pegasus's strike who's eyes still showed nothing but pure rage.

It was at this point Rainbow Dash flew up to the two and stared at Discord. “Are you happy now Discord?! You've murdered my fillyhood friend!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed with a glare.

“And soon, I’ll rid you of another one!” Discord exclaimed in a strained tone.

“Don't make me laugh! Not even Trixie was stupid enough to piss her off again after she witnessed her power in Fillydephia nearly fifteen years ago! Unlike her though, you have no where to run or hide!” The cyan blue Pegasus exclaimed still glaring at the hydrocephalus.

“You think a little beating will take out the god of chaos and disharmony?!” Discord exclaimed and began to glow darkly for a few moments until a burst of dark magic erupted from him which sent Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flying away from him and into the wall on the opposite side of the castle room much to everypony's shock and horror. Upon hitting the wall Fluttershy's mane and tail stopped flailing wildly and she fell to the ground unconscious along with Rainbow Dash.

“It seems, I was being far too lenient!” Discord exclaimed as he continued to glow darkly. “Enough games! I'm through playing around with you ponies! Prepare yourselves for your destruction!” Discord roared at which point dark magic began to pour from his entire being and flood at the ponies who stared on in horror.

(Play “Power of love” now)

“You will never win Discord! Not as long as there are ponies who have friendships, who care for one another, and love one another! As long as we have the light of love and friendship in our hearts, you will never win! ” Applebloom exclaimed at the top of her lungs as her element of harmony began to glow so brightly it was blinding to the other ponies who stood behind her. Moments later the dark wave of magic impacted with the light but was halted by the blinding light.

“Applebloom...” Applejack said trailing off in shock and awe before a smile washed over her face.

“Mah little sis is right y'all! Lets put this varmint in his place!” Applejack exclaimed looking to the others as her element of harmony began to glow brightly.

“Seeing a young filly like her stand against something was vile as that uncouth creature. I simply can't sit back do nothing!” Rarity exclaimed with a wide smile as well now at which point her element began to glow brightly as well.

“In all my years as Selena and as Sweetie Belle. I've never seen such courage in such a young filly. Though I may not have an element of harmony, I will help in any way I can!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed as she looked up to Pinkie Pie.

“Yeah! That meanie pants won't get away with this!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with her trademark Pinkie Pie smile at which point her element of harmony began to glow brightly as well.

“Ohh...my head...” Rainbow Dash said in a dazed tone then looked up and shielded her eyes. “Wh-What's going on?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

“Good thing your awake Rainbow! Try to bring Fluttershy back to, we are going to need her!” Twilight exclaimed with a bright smile as her crown glowed brightly.

The cyan blue Pegasus caught on quickly and began to shake Fluttershy awake only for her not to stir. “Hey Fluttershy! Wake up now!” Rainbow Dash said in a worried tone as she shook her friend a little more fiercely now. It was at this point Rainbow Dash realized one horrifying fact.

Fluttershy wasn't breathing...