• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 3,304 Views, 146 Comments

A Filly's Tale - Deathsia



Rainbow Dash Follows Scootaloo home one day...

  • ...
15
 146
 3,304

Bonds memories and Redemption

BONDS AND MEMORIES

PART 1

“The time is at hoof! We all know our roles right?” Twilight exclaimed at which point her five friends nodded. “Good! Now even though there are only seven of us, our combined skills and strengths should be more than enough to stop discord since he hasn't reached his full potential yet.” Twilight said then turned around. “Now lets get-” Twilight began to say only to be cut off as the door swung open and a dark red mare came through it bleeding heavily from her head, legs, side, and mouth as she limped through it.

“My daughter...in danger...please....help her...” The dark red mare said in a weak tone before falling flat on the ground and blood began to pool under her.

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom came walking in at this point and gave high pitched horrified squeals before running back into the other room as Fluttershy ran over to the mare.

“Is she...” Rarity asked in a horrified tone as Fluttershy looked over the mare.

Fluttershy looked over the mare for a few moments longer until she looked up at the five with a saddened expression, lowered her head, and shook it slowly.

“Concerned it all!” Applejack exclaimed angrily as she bucked a manikin hard sending it flying into the wall with a loud clattering sound.

It was at this point Applebloom came walking out into the room to see what the loud noise was about and was able to look at the mare clearly. “That's the mare ah saw in the park just a few weeks before Discord got out last time!” Applebloom exclaimed in a horrified tone then gasped. “Roseheart...” Apple remarked thoughtfully to herself then looked up. “Where that mare's little one?!” Applebloom exclaimed looking around the room in a panic.

“She did say her daughter was in danger...” Twilight remarked thoughtfully until Applebloom ran over to her and shook her.

“What y'all waitin for then? Applebuck season?! Get to findin her!” Applebloom exclaimed in a panicked tone until Applejack grabbed her by the tail and dragged her a few feet away from the unicorn.

“Hold yar reigns a cotton pickin moment thar little sis. What you so plum worked up for? Ah know her daughter might beh in danger and all but it ain't like ya to be actin like this over a pony ya don't know.” Applejack asked her curiously.

“Ah...Ah don't know.” Applebloom replied truthfully. The farm pony had no idea why she was acting the way she was.

“Well don't worry. I'm sure we'll find her. My sister and I know of where just about every mare in Equestria lives.” Luna replied with a smile as Twilight closed the front door again with her magic.

“What do you mean? Okay, you got me on saving the mare's foal but why are you so keen on making it top priority for? I thought our top priority was discord? After all if we defeat him first the foal will be safe right?” Twilight said with a raised eyebrow.

“But we may be too late. And Applebloom seems very worried about her so I can't just sit back and do nothing.” Luna replied until a loud cracking sound made all eight pony's in the room look at Celestia's statue which was cracking loudly and then in a matter of moments exploded revealing Celestia in the flesh.

“Princess Celestia!” Twilight exclaimed running over to her mentor and nuzzled against her as tears of joy streaked down her cheeks.

“Twilight, my star pupil, I’m sorry to have worried you.” Celestia replied with a smile as she lowered her head around the unicorn.

“But how did you break free?!” Twilight asked in astonishment.

“How indeed.” Luna remarked with a note of anger in her voice as she spoke causing the Alicorn to look over at her younger sister.

“Twilight, if you will excuse me, me and my sister have much to discuss. I'm sure a lot has happened in my absence and I’m sure she will be able to give me the details quickly.” Celestia said as she walked past the unicorn and to her sister who continued to look at her with a disapproving glare.

Celestia and Luna then walked into the other room and moments later Rainbow Dash appeared in a flash of magic as well as Sweetie Belle.

“What the-?” Rainbow Dash asked in a confused tone looking over at the door which was promptly closed and a magical aura appear around the frame.

“That's a sound proofing spell. But why would the regal sisters need to use such a thing? Shouldn't we all have a say in what has been going on?” Twilight remarked in a confused tone.

“Somethin stinks and ah don't like it.” Applejack remarked in a suspicious tone.

“How can you two show such disrespect to the regal sisters?! They clearly have good reasons for not wanting us to hear!” Gina exclaimed in a outraged tone.

“And just a few moments ago she was saying that we were all on equal ground. Darling I know it may sound crude, but I agree with Applejack. Something clearly is amiss.” Rarity said looking at the door now as well.

“I'm going to see if I can get us a way to listen in.” Twilight said at which point the eight gathered around while Gina looked completely shocked and outraged still.

“How can you-why this is almost treason!” Gina said as she walked up as well.

“No one is forcin ya to listen in sugarcube.” Applejack replied in an annoyed tone as the unicorn channeled her magic and sent a beam against the door. Her first try was unsuccessful having been repelled no sooner the beam reached the door but she managed to get it to stick after the tenth try. And used her horn to act as a speaker of some sort as the group listened intently.

“-all legal and royal rights Twilight should have been my successor!” Luna exclaimed in a pissed off tone.

“It is best this way.” Celestia replied in a calm tone.

“No! I refuse to believe that! I have for over fifty-thousand years sister, but no longer! You can not continued to mess with the fabric of time and space like this! There is a reason that sort of magic was forbidden among us! No pony has the right to change anypony's fate! No matter how bad it may turn out!

“If I had not, then you my dear sister would not be here right now!” Celestia exclaimed in a aggravated tone.

“Then Twilight would have succeeded me! She is my daughter after all and your niece! And speaking of daughters, the mare you left Applebloom's foal in the care of is dead and her life may be in mortal danger!” Luna exclaimed in an outraged tone that would have echoed throughout the entire house if it were not for the soundproof spell.

Twilight nearly lost all her concentration when she heard these words. “What does she mean I’m her daughter?! And since when did Applebloom have a foal?! She's barely sixteen now!” Twilight thought to herself dramatically trying to make sense of what she heard.

“Roseheart is mah daughter? What the hay?!” Applebloom exclaimed in shock out loud at which point the others hushed her. Even though the filly had quieted herself somehow deep down she knew it was true but she had no idea how or when this could have possibly happened.

“I do not pretend to be all knowing little sister, but I do wish to be treated with respect!” Celestia bellowed back.

“Respect?! Did you show Twilight and her friends respect when you not only once but twice changed their lives so that they never knew what happened?! You promised her you would not meddle with time and space again and you did anyways! And look what's come of it! You can only mess with the fabric of time so much until it tears and it certainly has torn a huge hole! Things have come to be that should not have! After the six imprisoned discord in stone again he should have remained that way for all time! But because of your meddling in pony's lives in the name of trying to keep those six's lives peaceful Discord has been released!” Luna exclaimed loudly.

“You think I didn't know this?! You don't think I knew that each time I altered time and space I was rolling the dice on whether of not something I change may have consequences?! I knew Luna! I knew! But I did it in the name of making their lives normal again! As happy as Applebloom was I looked into her future and it was riddled with anguish and sorrow! When I looked into Twilight and the others future lives after the first war ended, I saw nothing but despair and even suicide in some of their futures! Namely Rarity's! That's why I gave her Sweetie Belle! Are you implying that all I have done for them is wrong?!” Celestia's voice bellowed back.

“No sister, you're intentions for doing those things were kind and your heart was in the right place, but meddling in magic that not even you fully understand is wrong! Trixie is a walking time bomb at this point and you know it! Do you wish for an eternal conflict between Discord and Nightmare Moon to arise?!” Luna exclaimed back though her voice was not as fierce now.

“I've heard enough.” Twilight said breaking her spell, channeling magic into her horn, and blasting the door down to the regal sisters shock.

“You two have got some explaining to do!” Twilight exclaimed at which point Celestia and Luna's faces went slightly pale as the group stared at them with a mixture of confused and anger among them.

“Twilight, I don't know what you may have heard but-ENOUGH OF THE SECRETS! ENOUGH OF THE LIES! TELL US WHAT THE BUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!” Twilight exclaimed at the top of her lungs cutting off the sun princess mid-sentence.

“It is time they know the truth sister.” Luna said plainly stepping forward and began to focus magic into her horn until a book appeared and floated down in front of them.

“Why does this book seem so familiar? Where did you get this?” Twilight asked looking down at the book then to Luna.

“It has been stored within your library since the day you began to stay in Ponyville. This book contains the memories of your past and everypony else as well. Though it may seem confusing to say this. Your lives are not what they seem, nor are they whole, rather they have been fragmented, parts of your lives that should have been have been removed, bonds you have made with one another have been erased, and mother's have been separated from their daughters...” Luna said as she spoke her last sentence with her eyes falling on Applebloom as she said this.



“Simply touch the book and all will become clear.” Luna said in a calm manner.

Twilight then placed a hoof on the book and let out a gasp as memories came flooding back to her...


TWILIGHT'S FLASH BACK

Twilight was just walking home from visiting Rarity's when she saw the three fillies and Pinkie standing outside of her front door.

“Well if I ah did, ah know it wouldn't beh going to Twilight with this. Ya honestly think she would be keepin this a secret?” Applebloom said in a aggravated tone which sounded like a retort to the unicorn which peaked her interest.

“Keep what a secret?” Twilight asked curiously and noticed all three fillies tense up upon asking this question.

“Well ya see...” Applebloom began to say in a nervous tone until Pinkie Pie abruptly tackled her from behind and through her front door.

“You have to Pinkie Pie swear not to tell anypony okay?!” Pinkie Pie said in a panicked tone much to Twilight's confusion.

“Ohh...keep what a secret?” Twilight replied in a dazed tone and shook her head to get rid of the dizziness she was feeling as the three quickly walked into the library and closed the door behind them.

It was then the purple unicorn noticed it, however she wouldn't have if hadn't been laying flat on her back at the present moment though. Applebloom's belly was larger than usual. Twilight quickly looked over the filly's body making sure her conclusion was accurate before she shoved Pinkie Pie off abruptly and stared at Applebloom. “Please tell me you aren't pregnant...” Twilight said in a dreading tone at which point Applebloom nodded silently and the purple unicorn gave a loud groaning noise followed by a facehoof.

PART 2:

“Mother!” Twilight exclaimed and as if on impulse her eyes flashed with a purple magic and her horn shot a beam at the orb shattering it. However it seemed as if it was too late as Luna returned to her form as a small filly and the orb of magic that was shattered turned into a puff of dark smoke that floated over to Trixie and began to circle her as she laughed manically.

“Twilight.....run...” Luna said in a weakened tone as Twilight ran to her side and looked on as Trixie's form changed as the dark magic swirled around her and dissipated revealing the form that Luna had.

“Well isn't this a cheerful family reunion.....” Trixie said with a cackle as she stared at Twilight who was standing directly in from of her mother in an effort to protect her.

“What did you do to her Trixie?!” Twilight exclaimed in a demanding tone.

“I simply took back what was mine. You're dear mommy was a fraud. I the great and powerful Trixie am the real Nightmare Moon!” Trixie exclaimed and began to laugh manically.

“What do you mean?!” Twilight exclaimed looking confused.

“Luna stole my magic when I wasn't looking in an attempt to end the war. However she wasn't aware that my dark magic had a will of it's own which consumed her! And what's even better is that dear old Princess Celestia still thinks it was her sister who started the war!” Trixie exclaimed with a cackle.

“So...my mother wasn't the real pony who started this war....it was you! And you made yourself look like her in order to deceive all of Equestia into following you and Celestia into thinking it was her sister!” Twilight exclaimed as rage began to fill her.

“Exactly....Luna is far to gentle to do the work that must be done...” Trixie said as her eyes began to glow darkly. “Pity...if you had stayed away you would have lived a while longer. But I guess killing two birds with one stone works just as well...” Trixie said and shot a beam of dark magic at Luna and Twilight only for it to hit a magical wall that Twilight has summoned.

“Oh come on...you're joking....you joking right?” Trixie said in a sarcastic stone with a hint of annoyance in it. “You honestly think you can stop my great power?” Trixie said upping the strength of her spell.

“Don't....underestimate.......” Twilight said trailing off as her eyes began to glow darkly. “Me!” Twilight exclaimed as a surge of dark magic erupted from her entire being repelling Trixie's spell and would have hit her if she had not teleported to another part of the throne room when she did.

Trixie gave an aggravated sigh. “I forgot that Luna gave birth to you when she had my magic for a moment. But that's a mistake I won't make again.” Trixie said with a sneer.

“Twilight...run...leave me...” Luna said weakly.

“Shut the hell up and let me protect you!” Twilight exclaimed her eyes still glowing darkly as she looked at Trixie who was preparing to cast a spell.

“Interesting....you've managed to obtain control over the dark magic within you...to a certain degree of course.” Trixie remarked taking note of Twilight's change in personalty. “But your resisting it's dark influence....give in and then your true power will be unlocked and you can join me at my side as we rule Equestia!” Trixie said with a malicious grin.

“No! I refuse to give in to the darkness in my heart! I will never join you!” Twilight exclaimed shaking her head quickly after she said this upon which her eyes returned to normal.

“You're....such a disappointment Twilight. All that power yet no will to use it.” Trixie said with a sneer.

“Teh! I don't need dark magic to kick you're flank to the moon and back! However I got bigger priorities at the moment!” Twilight exclaimed with a grin stepped next to her mother and they both disappeared in a flash of magic.


END TWILIGHT'S FLASH BACK

Twilight let out a startled gasp as she looked at the Moon Princess in a whole new light. “M-Mommy?” Twilight said as tears swelled up in her eyes to which Luna nodded with a teary smile at which point the unicorn ran over and hugged her tightly.

She then turned to look at Spike a few moments later who pretty much had been silent for the last few days having said nothing and hugged him tightly.

“Yeesh, what's the deal Twilight?!” Spike asked in a shocked tone as Twilight hugged him.

“You will need to touch the book too and then you'll understand...” Twilight replied with a teary smile as she looked at him.

Applejack was next to put her hoof on the book wondering why the heck Twilight had called the Moon princess “Mommy” Until she gasped as her own memories came back to her...

APPLEJACK'S FLASHBACK

“Ah couldn't find her at the park Pinkie- what in tarnation?!” Applejack exclaimed noticing Pinkie Pie at the table with three empty bottles of apple beer.

“Oh hi Applejack.” Pinkie Pie replied in a nervous tone.

“What the hay are you thinkin? Could ya wait for the evenin to hit and these three go to bed before ya-” Applejack said in a lecturing tone until her eyes fell on Applebloom and her large belly and drooping teats. “Please tell meh you've just been piggin out of the cakes and ya is not what ah think ya is...” Applejack said in a scared tone as she kicked the door shut behind her.

“Ah'm sorreh ah didn't say anythin to ya sis, but ah was afraid you'd be mad at meh.” Applebloom replied in a scared tone.

“To say ah'm mad would be a drastic understatement right now sis. But ah think the plum shock of it all is numbin mah senses at the consarned moment. So would ya kindly tell meh how ya managed to get yourself knocked up before it wares off?” Applejack replied in a mellow tone as she walked in and sat on the floor in front of Applebloom.

APPLEJACK'S FLASH BACK PART 2:

Hang on thar sugarcube! Ya is in the final stretch! Now come on and show meh that little foal!” Applejack exclaimed in a reassuring tone as Applebloom gave a mighty grunt and a few moments later a loud crying could be heard.

“Well done Applebloom.” Nurse Redheart said with smile as she held the crying foal in her arms on her hind hooves and handed it to Applebloom.

“Ah gotta go tell everypony!” Applejack exclaimed excitedly as she ran through the hall way and pushed the emergency room doors up at which everypony in the room looked at her.” Ah'm an auntie!” Applejack exclaimed happily to which everypony's eyes in the room lit up.

APPLEJACK'S FLASH BACK PART 3:

“Now how In tarnation am I going to get through to her...” Applejack asked aloud as she put a hoof on the barrier as she watched Rainbow Dash.

The farm pony watched on as rainbow Dash continued to talk to the supposed wonderbolts unable to hear what they were saying for sometime till she couldn't take it anymore and bashed at the barrier again.

“Come on Rainbow! Can't y'all hear me?! You stuck in a cotton pickin spell for pony's sake!” Applejack shouted.

“Damn it Dashy...if you don't break free soon they are gonna kill Y'all....” Applejack said tears streaming from her eyes as she continued to watch on as Rainbow Dash talked to whom she thought were the Wonderbolts.

More memories of the times they shared went through her mind causing her tears to begin pouring from her eyes as she looked on. “I can't be fightin it any longer....” Applejack said as she continued to look on. “I'm.....” Applejack trailed off looking on. “I....” Applejack trailed off once again feeling as if she was unable to finish the sentence for some reason. “I'm in love with......” Applejack said trailing off once again however this time she took and deep breath.

“I love you Rainbow Dash! And I can't bare to see y'all like this any longer!” Applejack shouted at the top of her lungs as she held her hooves aginst the barrier tears flowing from her eyes now as she shouted these words.

Rainbow didn't seem to have heard her which tore the farm pony up even more as she bashed against the barrier again.“Please! Don't make me watch you like this anymore!” Applejack shouted at the top of her lungs hoping that she could hear her.

Applejack then noticed one of the supposed Wonderbolts was slowly walking behind Rainbow stopped and was posing to stab her in the back with a sudden dark armored and sharpened hoof.

“Dashy! Noooo!” Applejack literally screamed out banging on the barrier until she suddenly phased through it. Without hesitation she charged strait for the supposed Wonderbolt and tackled it to the ground leaving it stunned.

“Applejack?! How the hell are you walking on clouds?!” Rainbow dash asked in shock until she saw the Wonderbolt on the ground with a dark armored and sharpened hoof. “Wait a second! You guys aren't the Wonderbolts! You're a bunch of fakes!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“How the hell did she get in here?!” Soarin asked Spitfire who looked confused.

“I'll tell y'all how. No magic in the danged gum world can stop love.” Applejack replied standing up and walking beside Rainbow Dash.

“You-you love me?” Rainbow Dash asked with a blush on her face looking shocked but not disgusted at all.

“Yeah, I was just too darn hard headed to admit it till now.” Applejack replied sporting the same blush.

“Ugh..this is making me sick! Just kill them!” Soarin blurted out and in the next moment the Wonderbolt headquarters turned into an empty field of dark clouds. And the Wonderbolts themselves soon turned into dark armored Pegasus ponies who were now charging strait for Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash looked at each other, both grinned, spit of each ones hoof, and slapped them together before jumping in the opposite direction of each other causing the two dark armored ponies to jump and land in the gap between them. In the next moment Applejack and Rainbow Dash charged forward, jumped, turned away mid-air so that their hind ends were facing the dark armored ponies, and bucked both dark armored ponies nearly simultaneously causing their heads to collide with each other and knock them out with a loud “clang!” as their helmets collided.

“Nice moves there Dashy.” Applejack said with a smile.

“Back at ya A-J” Rainbow Dash replied with the same smile.

Both ponies looked at each not saying a word for a moment. “Listen.. Rainbow. I don't know how y'all feel about me. But I can't hide my feelins for y'all any longer.” Applejack said trying to break the uneasy silence between them.

“Applejack...I...” Rainbow Dash trailed off lowering her head.

“I see...” Applejack replied looking heartbroken lowering her head also. “Well I suppose it was-” Applejack began to say until she was cut off abruptly by Rainbow Dash's mouth locking with her's.

Applejack was taken back at first but only at first and returned the kiss. Applejack's legs soon gave wave and Rainbow Dash fell on top of her. “You clumsy pony.” Rainbow Dash said with a giggle before they locked mouths kissing passionately as they ran hooves around each others backs...

END APPLEJACK'S FLASHBACK

“Whoa Nelly!” Applejack exclaimed in a shocked tone looking at Rainbow Dash who apparently was clueless. “Sorreh for this Rainbow but ah know y'all forgive meh!” Applejack exclaimed locking lips with the cyan blue Pegasus much to her own shock and before she could push her away the farm pony swiftly moved her hoof to touch the book.

RAINBOW DASH'S FLASHBACK:

“I'll stay with Applejack, you girls check out who the hell is making the floor shake like this!” Rainbow Dash said zipping to Applejack's side.

“Alright, If it looks like the cottage is going to give way you pick her up and get the hell out of here!” Twilight replied at which point the ponies ran outside of the cottage.

Rainbow Dash could hear panicked voices outside but she had no idea what exactly was going on. She thought she might have over heard the words”Ursa-Major” but she was unsure as she lay beside Applejack not moving as the sounds of loud stomping sounds could be heard.

“What does a pony have to do to get some cotton pickin sleep around here...” Applejack said in a weak tone.

“Applejack! You're okay! I was so worried about you!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed giving her a hug and kissing her forehead then on her mouth then gave her another hug.

“Lighten up thar Dashy...I’m still hurtin all over here.” Applejack replied with a wince but smiled non-the-less.

“Oh I’m sorry!” Rainbow Dash replied then placed a hoof on her cheek. “I thought I was gonna lose you...” Rainbow Dash said after a few moments with tears in her eyes.

“This pony ain't goin to kick the bucket anytime soon.” Applejack replied with a smile however the sudden shaking on the floor caught her attention. “What the hay is goin on here?” Applejack asked looking around.

“No time to explain, can you walk?” Rainbow Dash asked backing away slightly to give Applejack room to stand.

“I reckon I can give it a shot.” Applejack replied and began to stand up. It took her a few tries but she was able to finally stand on all fours with a wince.

“Lets get out of here!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed putting her head under Applejack's right leg and began to help her walk out the door.

Suddenly and without warning the roof above them began to give way. “Hold on Applejack!” Rainbow dash exclaimed grabbing the farm pony around the waste and bolted out through the front door just the structure around them gave way barely making it out. The Cyan blue Pegasus could feel the debris brushing against her tail for a few moments until she landed next to Twilight and the others and looked up to see the Ursa-Major stomping towards them.

“I got this!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed and took to the skies, flew up a great distance, stopped, and flew strait back at the Ursa-major with a huge burst of speed causing a sonic rainboom to burst out behind her.

She could hear Pinkie Pie and Applejack shouting something the distance but between the sheer speed she was going now and her focus she couldn't make out what the pink mare or the farm pony had said.

Just before she made impact she was knocked to the ground and dug up dirt as she did so...

RAINBOW DASH'S FLASH BACK PART 2:

“I can't do this alone....” Rainbow Dash said to herself quietly then looked at Fluttershy. “Fluttershy! I need you're help!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed causing Fluttershy to look in her direction.

“But...what can I do?” Fluttershy replied in a feeble tone.

“Fluttershy, next to me you're the second best flier in all of Equestia!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed genuinely.

“Oh no. There are much better fliers out there than me.” Fluttershy replied taking a small cowering stance.

“Damn it Fluttershy! You're just as fast as me! I've seen you when you put your heart into flying! You fly just as fast as me, no even faster than me!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed swallowing her pride for the first time ever.

“You're just saying that...” Fluttershy replied even though Rainbow Dash could tell she was flattered.

“I mean it! You're the best flier in all of Equestia! Even better than me! When you fly, you fly with your heart! I only fly to show off...” Rainbow Dash said trailing off with a slight ping of guilt in her chest as she realized what she said was completely true.

“Dashy.....” Applejack said in an awed tone knowing this wasn't easy for her to do.


END RAINBOW DASH'S FLASHBACK

By the time this series of memories was done Rainbow Dash returned the kiss with an equal passion feeling the long lost flame that they had shared reignited.

“What...the...buck?” Rarity said in a shocked jaw dropped tone which earned shocked glances from everypony else except for Rainbow Dash and Applejack having NEVER heard Rarity curse in her entire life.

Both the farm pony broke their kissing after a few moments and looked at Rarity laughing as they did so. “You might want to touch the book next Rarity. It'll become clear.” Rainbow Dash said with a smile.

“If you say so darling...” Rarity replied in an uneasy tone feeling a sense of de-ja-vu as she looked at the book nervously but put a hoof on it none-the-less.

RARITY'S FLASHBACK

“I don't know, but I know how to stop it!” Becky exclaimed lunging at Sweetie Belle.

Everypony gave a shocked gasp of horror as Becky's claw neared Sweetie Belle's throat however Rarity teleported herself directly in front of Sweetie Belle taking the claw head on as it gashed her side wide open.

Rarity felt side begin to gush fresh blood as she fell to her side due to her body going into shock from the sudden gashing of her side and rapid blood loss.

The unicorn heard muffled words but she could barely make them out until she felt her body being shaken at which point her eyes barely began to open and focus seeing her little sister in front of her eyes even though her vision was blurred. “You're safe..... thank Celestia....” Rarity said weakly.

“Big Sis....stay with me now.....” Sweetie Belle said tears still flooding from her eyes.

“I'm afraid I don't know if I can Diamond....” Rarity replied weakly.

“Big sis......please.....you can't....” Sweetie Belle said between sobs.

“I'm sorry Diamond.....sorry I couldn't protect you so many years ago...” Rarity said in a weak tone as her voice seemed to be growing weaker with each word she spoke.

“Don't talk like this! Fluttershy can't you do anything?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed looking at Fluttershy.

“I....wish I could...but the wound is too deep....” Fluttershy said in a saddened tone as tears streamed from her eyes.

“No! There must be something somepony can do! Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Luna?! Can't any of you do anything?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed tears in her eyes looking to each pony.

Rarity could feel what little life she had left in her slipping at which point she took her sister's cheek in her hoof and smiled at her.“Listen.....Diamond....you...have....a beautiful heart......don't let anypony ever tell you different....” Rarity said in a weak voice feeling her eyesight begin to fade as well as her hearing the last thing she heard as her breathing began to slow were these words:

R-Rarity? Big sister? Nooooo! Don't leave me!

END RARITY'S FLASHBACK

Rarity for the second time in her life looked at Sweetie Belle with watering eyes. “Diamond...” Rarity said in a soft tone looking at the unicorn much to her confusion.

“Why you so sad for Rarity?” Sweetie Belle asked curiously.

“I'm not sad darling, I’m just so happy. Listen little sis, you and Pinkie Pie may want to touch the book next.” Rarity replied with a sniffle as she wiped her eyes.

“Okey-dokey!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she hopped forward and touched it moments later Sweetie Belle had.


SWEETIE BELLE AND PINKIE PIE'S FLASH BACK

“Sweetie Belle!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed joyfully as Sweetie Belle ran into the store and gave her a loving hug.

“You pink lovable oaf! Why couldn't you tell it was an illusion?” Sweetie replied still hugging her as tears of joy flooded her eyes.

“I don't know. I couldn't tell it was a tricky trick until you got close to me.” Pinkie Pie replied hugging her as well.

“Don't you ever leave my side again! You got me?” Sweetie Belle exclaimed in an angry yet compassionate tone.

“Of course not! I won't fall for anymore magicky magic tricky tricks anymore!” Pinkie Pie replied smiling.

SWEETIE BELLE'S FLASH BACK Part 2:

“I don't know who you are.....or who you work for....but nothing...and I mean NOTHING harms my little sister!” Rarity exclaimed and with a burst of magic catapulted both wolves away from her deep into the forest.

Sweetie Belle immediately after seeing this ran to her sister and hugged her front legs as she began to sob loudly. “I'm so sorry I said those things! I didn't mean them!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed between sobs.

Rarity looked down with a soft expression on face as she smiled placing a hoof over her. “I know you didn't. And I’m sorry I said those things to you. I was such a foal for treating you like that. You're going through so much and I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for you. But we will get through it...together.” Rarity said with a smile lowering her head now and placing it on her shoulder. “I love you little sis...and I’ll always be here to protect you...I promise.” Rarity said as a tears shed from her eyes.

“I guess...I’m just a helpless young filly after all....” Sweetie Belle said after a few moments.

“A young filly perhaps. But not helpless. You are smart and wise beyond your years and that's a skill no pony should ever disregard.” Rarity replied still hugging her.

“The only reason for that is....” Sweetie Belle began to say by Rarity hushed her gently with a hoof. “It does not matter how you came to be...what matters now is that your alive and what you do with the life you've been given.” Rarity replied with a smile looking into Sweetie Belle's eyes.

Sweetie Belle dug her face into her big sisters shoulder sobbing loudly as Rarity patted her on the back gently and rubbed her back giving her a shoulder and a mane to cry on. “That's it...let it all out. So much pain you've kept bottled up for so long. I don't know how you managed to keep it locked up for so long...” Rarity said softly.


PINK PIE'S FLASH BACK PART 2:

Pinkie Pie looked at Sweetie Belle about to lecture her based on what she told her not so long ago but stopped herself at the sight of Sweetie Belle sobbing into Rarity's shoulder and mane. She couldn't bring herself to do it.

Being the other half of Sweetie Belle she knew how much pain she was in, no matter how much Sweetie Belle tried to shield that part of her thoughts from her. And now seeing her crying like this, that scar deep within her heart the scar that she too felt from the day they were split apart, was finally beginning to heal if only slowly, it was healing now.

Pinkie Pie knew it wouldn't happen over night but she knew from this moment on there was a faint rift between them now. This rift is what made them individual ponies. With a smile and a sigh Pinkie Pie shut her mind off to Sweetie Belle's thoughts.

“We're not the same filly anymore....I have no right to venture into your mind any longer.” Pinkie Pie thought to herself with a smile beaming with pride for her other half. “You did it...” Pinkie Pie said aloud with tears of happiness in her eyes.

END FLASH BACK

Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie looked at one another smiling and looking teary eyed. “Now we can share each others thoughts again...” Sweetie Belle said with a teary smile.

However a few moments later Pinkie Pie glared at Celestia now with a sense of deep fury in her eyes. “How could you?! After Sweetie Belle became her own filly! After all she's been through!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a outraged tone as she took threatening steps towards Celestia.

STOP!!! I'm still my own filly Pinkie Pie! Nothing has changed! I'm still the bumbling little filly you have always known. By now I’ve learned that much that no matter what I’ll always be who I am, but we may need our combined power now to defeat Discord! Then and only then can you break the link again. Okay?!

These words echoed throughout Pinkie Pie's head at which point her gaze snapped at Sweetie Belle stared the the unicorn for a short time then let out a heavy sigh before looking back at Celestia with the same glare. “This isn't over, not by a long shot you meanie pants.” Pinkie Pie said then turned and walked over next to Sweetie Belle.

“I would assume not. And am prepared to face judgment by all of you.” Celestia replied lowering her head in shame.

Fluttershy was next as she placed her hoof on the book fearing what she might recall...

FLUTTERSHY'S FLASH BACK

“That's what makes you a better flier than I’ll ever be!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed after what seemed like a dramatic pause by Rainbow Dash.

“You really mean that?” Fluttershy replied with a smile.

“Yeah....Now will you help me kick some Ursa-major flank?” Rainbow Dash said as she walked over to Fluttershy extending a hoof.

“I guess I could give it a try.” Fluttershy replied with a smile.

“Don't try. Lets do this!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed with a wide grin.

“Okay!” Fluttershy replied and the both of them took off to the skies at great speeds.

“Alright! Now you think you can keep up with my sonic rainboom?” Rainbow Dash asked with a grin.

“Can YOU keep up with me?” Fluttershy retorted with a wide smile looking very confident.

“Oh, cocky! Ha-ha! I like it! Show me what you got Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed with a smile and took a sudden dive with blinding speed followed closely by Fluttershy.

Fluttershy flew with all her might keeping up with the cyan blue Pegasus hearing faint cheers from her friends as she sped through the skies until Rainbow Dash spoke up catching the Pegasus's attention.

“Here we go! You ready?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed getting ready to put on a burst of speed.

“Yes!” Fluttershy replied with a nod.

“The lets do it!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed and gave a huge burst of speed while Fluttershy did the same.

“Almost....there....” Rainbow dash said as she drew closer and closer.

“I...can't keep up!” Fluttershy exclaimed as she began to loose speed.

“Yes, you can! Now lets do this!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed successfully reenforcing Fluttershy's confidence again as she picked up speed again.

Moments later a extremely loud and powerful explosion occurred as both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy broke the sound barrier simultaneously resulting in a ripple of rainbows and to everypony's astonishment a ripple of butterflies.

Fluttery and Rainbow Dash began to circle each other in a mid air swirling motion. Causing the stream of Rainbow and Butterflies to intertwine each other as they sped down towards the Ursa-majors.

“This....is.....awesome!!!” Fluttershy exclaimed in voice much unlike her whispering voice and more like how she sounded when Rainbow Dash created her second ever sonic rainboom at the best flier competition as she looked behind herself and back to Rainbow Dash who was smiling back.

END FLUTTERSHY'S FLASHBACK

“Oh.....Oh my....” Fluttershy remarked in a shocked tone almost unable to believe all she had just seen and more.


It was then all seven recalled as if at the same time after they had touched the book:

TWILIGHT, FLUTTERSHY,RARITY,RAINBOW DASH,PINKIE PIE, AND SWEETIE BELLE'S COMBINED FLASHBACK

“You foals think can defeat me?! Ha!” Trixie exclaimed as she fired her beam of dark magic at the seven which was reflected by Twilight having erected a powerful barrier much to Trixie's annoyance. “That pathetic barrier again?! Surely you can do better than that!” Trixie said with a cruel grin.

“I pity you Trixie, you don't know the joys, fun, laughs, and even the sad times we all shared! It is because you no nothing of what the magic of friendship can do for a pony is the reason you will lose to us today and Equestria will once again have peace!” Twilight exclaimed as she extended her wings began to float magically into the air as each element shot forth at her surrounding her in each elements respective color until the final element impacted at which point Twilight's eye's flashed open glowing with a warm purple light and a beam of magic shot forth which was in the color of the rainbow.

“I will not be defeated so easily! Not even by an Alicorn!” Trixie bellowed firing her own magic at her which collided with the Alicorn's. Both pony's magical beams of magic began to swell up as they roared fiercely against one another destroying anything that was in their wake.

In a matter of minuets both spells continued to collide neither giving into the others strength or so it seemed. One could not tell at first glance but Twilight's magic was beginning to weaken as Trixie's beam of magic slowly began to shove her's back.

“Twilight needs our help!” Rarity exclaimed.

“Run while you can!” Twilight exclaimed realizing she was losing this stalemate.
“Nothin doin sugarcube! We is all in this together!” Applejack exclaimed as she began to focus more into her element and began to float up as the the other five along with sweetie Belle focusing her own magic until they were all floating next to her.

“We are going to beat this meanie pants together!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed with a fierce grin.

“We are all behind you darling, so don't hold back and neither will we!” Rarity exclaimed with a proud smile.

“Ah reckon this might beh our last fight so lets go out with a bang ah say!” Applejack exclaimed smilingly broadly at the Alicorn.

“She's done oh so many horrible things, it's....it's....Unforgivable! And that's saying something since I’m the element of kindness...so lets kick her flank! If that's okay that is...” Fluttershy said smiling shyly at Twilight.

“She's the cruelest of the cruel and she doesn't deserve any sympathy! I've got your back Twilight!” Rainbow Dash said with a proud smile as well.

“She has no heart, and feels nothing for the ponies she's hurt. This is one unicorn who does not deserve to live! So use our power Twilight, use our friendship, and send this foal beast to the depths of pony hell!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed at which point the other five as well as her put their hooves on Twilight's.

“Everypony....thank you so much...your right, we are the best of friends and even family one pony might say...so lets put an end to her reign of night...” Twilight said trailing off as her and the other six looked at Trixie and shouted in unison:

Together!

END FLASHBACK

“I suppose I’m next.” Spike said nonchalantly.

“Hold on a cotton pickin second. Where's Applebloom?” Applejack asked in a concerned tone looking about for her little sister.

“Oh dear...I thought you all knew she had touched the book when you had Applejack. I assumed she went into the other room.” Luna replied at which point everypony noticed the door wide open once again.

“Holy horseapples! Applebloom musta gotten her memories back and is goin after Roseheart! She's gonna get herself killed!” Applejack exclaimed in a panicked tone.

“What is it with mothers and them running like crazy ponies without thinking into danger?” Twilight remarked with facehoof.

“If anythin happens to mah sister ah'm pointin the hoof at you! This is all ya fault!” Applejack exclaimed angrily looking at the sun princess before she took off out the door followed by the other seven.

“What the heck is going on here?!” Gina asked in a confused tone unable to figure out why everypony had began to act as she saw it so strangely.

“It's complicated.” Luna replied looking at her older sister with a stern glance as Celestia lowered her head in shame.
--------------------------------------

“Hold on Roseheart, Momma's comin!” Applebloom exclaimed as she ran down the road evading red eyed ponies as she ran down the street and took a sharp left turn.

“Ah can't believe she did that to meh! How could she?! What kind of princess separates a momma from her foal?! And makes her ferget she existed in the buckin first place?!” Applebloom thought to herself dramatically as she ran down the street.

“Scootaloo...she got no idea that we is even fillyfriends...she's got no right to meddle in mah life or any other pony's! After ah get Roseheart to safeteh that Princess is gonna get a piece of my buckin mind!” Applebloom exclaimed aloud as she found the house she knew belonged to the mare.

The farm pony bucked down the door and heard a faint crying. The house was in horrible shape but still looked stable enough that it wasn't going to come crashing down or at least that's what Applebloom told herself as she quickly scanned the rooms. “Roseheart? Where in tarnation are ya sweet-pea?!” Applebloom called out looking in room after room until she found her.

“Mooommmy!” Roseheart cried out sobbing loudly which point the farm pony rushed over to her and lifted her her.

“Shh! Momma's here now. Everythin is gonna be okay.” Applebloom cooed in a soft and comforting tone.

Even though the filly had no idea who this pony was something about her, something familiar that she knew inside her caused a warm feeling of security to wash over the filly as she suddenly quieted down and nuzzled into Applebloom's chest.

“Ya probably don't know whjo ah am, but that's okay cuz ah is gonna get you back to the others and we is gonna have a nice long chat with the princess.” Applebloom said in the same comforting tone. “So much time lost...but ah'm gonna make up for it. Y'all see Roseheart...” Applebloom said in a quiet tone as she held her daughter tightly.

Without warning the structure around them began to give way at which point Applebloom flung her body over Roseheart in an attempt to protect her as debris came crashing down around them while Roseheart began to cry out again in fear.

------------------------------------------------

“Applebloom?! Where are you?!” Sweetie Belle called out as she looked frantically about as the other six were busy bucking zombie ponies away as they ran down the street.

“This doesn't look good. We're getting surrounded!” Twilight remarked dramatically as she looked around herself.

“I quite agree and what's worse is we don't know where Applebloom or Roseheart is either!” Rarity exclaimed looking around herself now nervously.

Applejack on the other hoof seemed to stare into space in a western direction. “Ah know where Applebloom and Roseheart are...” Applejack said in a stunned sure tone.

“How can you be sure?” Twilight replied as she ejected several ponies away with a burst of magic.

“Ah just know...ah understand how Rainbow knew that her daughter was in danger now. It's a feelin in ya gut ya just can't put into words, but ya just know...follow meh everypony!” Applejack exclaimed suddenly only to stop mid-run by the horde of zombie ponies.

Sweetie Belle looked at Pinkie Pie and then both nodded and in a flash of magic revealed their combined form. “You five go! I'll handle things here!” Selena exclaimed as she began to focus her magic and blast a bunch of zombie ponies away in a fierce burst of magic clearing a path for them.

“Alright! Take care of yourself Selena!” Twilight replied as she and the other four followed Applejack.

Selena looked about herself and giggled softly to herself. “Just like old times eh Sweetie Belle?” Pinkie Pie remarked thoughtfully recalling memories from the war.

“Yep! Now lets kick some flank!” Sweetie Belle's voice echoed in her to which Pinkie Pie nodded.

“These drones won't even make us break a sweat, but as long as they focus on us and not the others we are doing a good job.” Pinkie Pie said with a cheesy grin before she began to focus her magic into her horn and a few moments later a huge burst of pink magic burst forth in all directions from the pink mare that was so big in size and power that if any Pegasus ponies were looking at this display of magic from the ground they would swear somepony had dropped a magical nuke in that exact spot.

The magic dispersed after a few moments in a flash revealing zombie ponies laying out cold all around Selena as the smoke and debris cleared. “I might have overdid it a little...” Selena remarked with a giggle only to see more zombie ponies begin to take their place at which point her humored expression became one of concentration again. “There's no end to them...” Pinkie Pie remarked in a worried tone.


-------------------------------------------------------------

“Whoa Nelly! That house is plum fixin to go under!” Applejack exclaimed in a worried tone as the five ran towards a rickety house that looked like it was ready to collapse in moments.

“I'll hold it together! One of you run in and get Applebloom and Roseheart!” Twilight exclaimed as she focused her magic on the house coating it in a purple magic.

“Ah'll go in!” Applejack exclaimed and ran towards the door and noticed Rarity running along side of her.

“You may need a unicorn's magic to move things about darling.” Rarity said as the both of them neared the door frame at which point Applejack nodded silently and was first through it followed closely by Rarity.

“Applebloom?! Give meh a shout out little sis!” Applejack shouted as she looked around the building as debris fell to the floor next to her making the farm pony recoil just before a sharp fragment of wood stabbed into the floor just in front of her right forehoof.

“Twilight's doing the best she can, but I don't think even with her magic this house will stay up for much longer. I certainly hope your feeling was accurate Applejack.” Rarity remarked in a worried tone.

“It was accurate alright, in fact it's so consarned strong at the moment ah'd go crazy if it weren't for the fact ah'm scared to death for Applebloom and Roseheart.” Applejack replied and called out for her little sister again.

“Do you hear that?” Rarity said suddenly as they passed a room that was blocked off with debris.

“Yeah, it sounds like...” Applejack remarked thoughtfully until her eyes shot open in realization. “Ah'd know that cry from anywhere! That's Roseheart's voice! Move this cotton pickin junk Rarity!” Applejack exclaimed to which Rarity began to focus her magic and began to move the debris out of the way until she could at least walk into the room.

“Dear Celestia! Nearly the entire room collapsed on them!” Rarity exclaimed in a scared tone as she began to move debris from the source of the crying soon revealing a bruised and battered Applebloom with Roseheart under her crying loudly looking unharmed.

“Ah'll grab Applebloom, you get Roseheart!” Applejack exclaimed lifting Applebloom up and throwing the filly over her back at which point Rarity lifted Roseheart up with her magic and the both of them quickly ran into the hall and out of the building.

---------------------------------------------------

“That makes the tenth wave....how many are there?!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed through pants inside of Pinkie Pie's mind as another horde began to surround them.

“I don't know...but not even we can keep this up for much longer. It's taken far more magic than I thought it would to subdue them without killing them and what's worse is that some of the ones we incapacitated are coming to along with the hordes that replace them.” Pinkie Pie replied thoughtfully.

It was at this moment Twilight and the others came running by. “Thank goodness..” Pinkie Pie remarked with a relieved sigh, gave one last burst of magic, and followed them back to rarity's boutique.