• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 3,310 Views, 146 Comments

A Filly's Tale - Deathsia



Rainbow Dash Follows Scootaloo home one day...

  • ...
15
 146
 3,310

Discord's Requiem

DISCORD'S REQUIEM

“The head of the weather company wants me to handle this?!” Twilight asked with a shocked expression on her face.

“Yeah. I recommended you and he was totally cool with the idea.” Rainbow Dash replied with a smile.

“Well... Okay.” Twilight replied as she magically picked up the book, opened it, and began to read it. But after just a few minutes, Twilight frowned and looked up at Rainbow Dash.

“What's wrong?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

“I don't know. That's the thing. The spell sounds sound, but the more I read it, the more it feels... well ... dark ... in nature.” Twilight replied in an uneasy tone.

“Oh come on Twilight. Mr. Stormhooves would never have you do something evil. He's the second most respected pony in all of Equestria. You're probably just being paranoid because you've never read a spell like this before.” Rainbow Dash replied with a confident smile.

“Maybe...” Twilight replied, still unsure of the nature of this spell. Something felt wrong about this spell. She couldn't explain it, but somewhere in her gut a voice was screaming ”THIS IS BAD, VERY BAD!” But never the less, she continued to study it, trusting in Rainbow Dash's judgment of her employer.

“I got to go pick up Scootaloo from flight school, but I'll be back later.” Rainbow Dash replied and took off.

===================================

“Flight school is awesome!” Scootaloo exclaimed happily as she left her first class of flight school, wearing training wings she was given.

“Remember Scootaloo, those are only training wings and aren't meant for long term flying.” Miss. Emerald called out from behind her as she was left the school to wait on Rainbow Dash to come and pick her up.

“I'll remember!” Scootaloo called back with a smile, using her training wings to fly in small aerial loops and other various tricks.

“Looks like you got your training wings.” Rainbow Dash said as she flew up to Scootaloo with a smile.

“Yep! And they are awesome!” Scootaloo replied with a big grin.

“Well then, how about we break those babies in by flying home together?” Rainbow Dash suggested with a smile, causing the orange pegasus to become even more excited.

“Alright!” Scootaloo exclaimed happily as she followed Rainbow Dash closely as they flew away from Cloudsdale Flight School.

“How does it feel to be flying on your own?” Rainbow Dash asked as she slowed down slightly so she was side-by-side with Scootaloo in the sky.

“It's so much cooler than I thought it would be! I even shocked Miss. Emerald with how skilled I was at flying no sooner she put the training wings on me!” Scootaloo exclaimed with a proud smile, which caused the cyan blue pegasus to chuckle to herself.

As they neared their home Scootaloo's eyes caught the sight of two ponies whom she recalled very well. It was Hoops and Kevin. “Why are they doing here for?” Scootaloo asked in a sour tone pointing a hoof in the direction of Hoops and Kevin as they neared them.

Just seeing the two pegasus again made Rainbow Dash's blood boil as they stopped just short of in front of them. “I thought I said I never wanted to see you two again.” Rainbow Dash said in a loathing tone.

“Listen... We just wanted to say we are sorry...” Hoops replied in a apologetic tone.

“Yeah... That was awfully boneheaded of us.” Kevin chimed in with the same tone.

“You put Scootaloo's life in real danger and all you can say is your sorry?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed angrily feeling her temper rise very quickly. She wanted to beat the tar out of the both of them, then and there, and the only thing that kept her from doing it was Scootaloo being right there.

“We're really sorry Rainbow C-Dash! We'll do anything to make it up to you and Scootaloo.” Hoops said, bowing his head low. Kevin quickly followed suit.

Rainbow Dash was just about to tell them to get their feather brained hides out of her face when Scootaloo spoke up. “If you're really sorry, then I guess I could forgive you.” Scootaloo said in an unsure tone.

“Hey, I know! We could teach the kid to fly like a pro! No tricks this time!” Hoops exclaimed with a smile.

“Really? No tricks this time? I find that hard to believe.” Rainbow Dash replied in the same loathing tone she had before.

“No, seriously! Pegasus’s honor!” Kevin replied, holding a hoof up like a filly scout.

“If they really are sorry M-Rainbow Dash. Then maybe we could give them a chance. Besides with you doing weather jobs a lot of the time, you won't have much time to teach me how to fly.” Scootaloo said with a smile feeling less skittish of the idea by the minute.

Rainbow Dash looked to Scootaloo with a concerned expression, then back to the other two with the same loathing expression, then back to Scootaloo and gave a deep sigh. “Could you give me a moment alone with these two Scootaloo?” Rainbow Dash replied with a smile.

“Of course. I'll see you at home Mom!” Scootaloo exclaimed happily, completely forgetting the fact that she was supposed to be calling her by her name in front of other ponies.

“Scootaloo may be easily fooled, but I'm not! I know how you two tick!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed angrily before taking several deep breaths, and let each one out very slowly. “However... Since Scootaloo wants to learn so much and I don't have as much time as I want to teach her, I’m going to give you two a sporting chance.” Rainbow Dash said in a calm manner, then she suddenly advanced on the two pegasus so she was less than a foot from their faces.

“However, if I hear a single peep from Scootaloo about you being mean to her, calling her names, or playing a single prank on her... I WILL BEAT THE LIVING HORSEFEATHERS OUT OF YOU BOTH!” Rainbow Dash shouted the last part of her sentence with such ferocity, the two pegasus couldn't help but shake in fear of her until she backed down. “Got that?” Rainbow Dash followed up in a much more calm manner, but the loathing in her voice still remained.

“Of course!” Hoops replied, trying to shake off his fear of her as he spoke.

“Scout's honor!” Kevin chimed in holding up a hoof again.

“Good. Now I have to get home. Be at my house by three o'clock tomorrow and not a second later.” Rainbow Dash said and flew off in the direction of her house.

===============================

It took several weeks for Dash to finally stop giving the two ponies loathing looks, but she eventually was able to at least give them a half smile as she let Scootaloo out each day. Truth be told, she enjoyed the time alone without Scootaloo pestering her for this and that, but she also felt guilty for it. She would take this time to either enjoy the peace and quiet or go over to Twilight's house to check up on her progress of the spell, each time having to reassure the purple unicorn that the spell wasn't dark in nature.

“So how was your time with Hoops and Kevin today?” Rainbow Dash asked as Scootaloo waved goodbye to the two with an excited smile.

“It was awesome! The taught me how to use the gravity to pick up speed and fly even faster!” Scootaloo exclaimed with a smile as she sat down at the table waiting for Rainbow Dash to serve up their dinner.

“That's pretty advanced. Though I would be careful. Those training wings are built to take that much abuse too often.” Rainbow Dash replied with a smile as she served Scootaloo her hay fries and wheat burger.

“I know. They told me that too.” Scootaloo replied as she took a bite out of her wheat burger.

Both pegasus were fairly quiet throughout the meal until Scootaloo suddenly spoke up. “I don't want to keep it a secret anymore.” She said with a frown.

“Don't want to keep what a secret anymore?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously, although she had a very good idea of what Scootaloo was talking about. She had been dreading this conversation from the day she gave her that excuse.

“That I'm living with you and I call you Mom.” Scootaloo replied with a smile.

“Oh... That. I don't know if that's a good idea. I mean...” The cyan blue pegasus replied nervously, trailing off.

“But why not? I love you, and you love me. So why should we have to hide it? I'm ready for the whole world to know. I want the world to know that Rainbow Dash is my mom and I am proud of that!” Scootaloo exclaimed with a smile.

Hearing this filled Rainbow Dash with a deep pride, however she couldn't bring herself to let the world know yet. She didn't know why. Why was she wanting to keep it a secret still? It has been nearly a year since she took the young filly in yet, she still wanted to keep it a secret? What was wrong with her? Why wasn't she ready? “I don't think it's a good idea.” Rainbow Dash replied still unsure of how to convince the young filly that it was a good idea to keep it a secret.

“Why not?! What's wrong with the world knowing this?! I thought you'd be happy! Don't you love me?” Scootaloo asked in a hurt voice.

“Of course I do! You're like the daughter I never had! It's just that...” Rainbow Dash said trailing off.

“Then what is it? Why won't you let me tell all of Equestria that your my mom?!” Scootaloo exclaimed in a angry, yet hurt voice.

“I'm not ready!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed without thinking, then gasped, realizing what she had just said.

“What do you mean you're not ready?” Scootaloo asked as tears began to form in her eyes.

Rainbow dash stood up from the table and began to pace back and forth. “I'm not ready Scootaloo... I don't know why, but... I guess I’m just scared of what the world will think of me.” Rainbow Dash replied in a sad tone, however she realized right away she had said the wrong thing. Scootaloo's face was brimming with tears that began to flood down her face.

“You're ashamed of me... aren't you?” Scootaloo said in a hurt voice.

Hearing this nearly tore the Cyan blue Pegasus's heart up. “No ,no, no! It's just....” Rainbow Dash trailed off having no idea what to say at this point.

“Then what is it?! Why won't you let me tell the world?!” Scootaloo exclaimed in a angry et hurt tone tears still streaming from her eyes.

“Because I’m afraid your real parents will take you away from me!” Rainbow dash exclaimed without thinking however in that moment she realized at that moment that was the fear she couldn't figure out. The reason why she wanted to keep it a secret.

“My real parents? You mean my parents are alive?” Scootaloo asked in a confused tone, no longer sounding hurt, but still crying just the same.

“We don't know... I mean, Twilight offered to send a letter to Princess Celestia to find out who they were, but then I told her not to. I didn't know why at the time.” Rainbow Dash said walking over to Scootaloo and embraced her in a tight, loving hug, tears now flooding from her eyes too.

“I'm so scared they will take you away from me. And I can't lose you...” Rainbow Dash said as tears flooded from her eyes.

Scootaloo said nothing for a short time as Rainbow Dash cried silently as she held her. “Would you have her send the letter if I asked?” Scootaloo asked after a few moments.

“Of course. I would do anything for you Scoots.” Rainbow Dash said, finally breaking the hug to look into the young filly's eyes and smiling even though tears were still in them.

“Then... could you? I don't want them to come get me... Maybe not yet. But I just want to know if they are alive.” Scootaloo replied softly.

“Are you sure?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously, her fear swelling in her chest once again.

“Yes. I'm sure.” Scootaloo replied as she wiped tears from her eyes.

“If you completely sure, I’ll have her send it first thing tomorrow. Okay?” Rainbow Dash replied wiping tears from her eyes as well.

“I understand why you're scared now Mom. But no matter what happens, you'll always be my mom. Okay?” Scootaloo said with a smile and hugged Rainbow Dash.

Hearing this caused fresh new tears to flow from the cyan blue pegasus’s eyes, however these ones were tears of joy, not sorrow or fear as she returned the loving embrace to her daughter. “I'm so sorry I made you keep it a secret this long Scoots. No more secrets okay? From now on, I don't care what the world thinks. I want them to know that you're my daughter and I love you.” Rainbow Dash said in a proud voice, even though tears were still streaming from her eyes.

“I love you too Mom.” Scootaloo replied returning the hug with her own.

=============================

“Would ya make up mind Rainbow?” Twilight asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

“Well, Scootaloo's the one who asked me to have you send the letter. But...” Rainbow Dash said trailing off.

“You're scared you're going to lose her aren't you?” Twilight said reading the Cyan blue Pegasus's facial expression with ease.

“I'm terrified Twilight! About a year ago, I would have not given it a second thought. But now... I can't lose her Twilight. ... I just can't. She's everything to me!” Rainbow Dash said, looking as if she was on the verge of tears once again.

“I understand Rainbow. But Scootaloo has a right to know who her parents are, and more importantly, if they are alive.” Twilight replied, placing a comforting hoof on Rainbow Dash's shoulder.

“I know...” Rainbow Dash replied in a sad tone as tears formed in her eyes.

Twilight looked at her friend and gave her hug, which caused Rainbow Dash lay her head on Twilight's shoulder and break down, letting the tears flow from her eyes. “It's going to be okay Rainbow.” Twilight said in a comforting tone as she gently ran her hoof along Rainbow Dash's back, trying her best to comfort the cyan blue pegasus.

“What if it's not Twilight? What if ... they take her away from me?” Rainbow Dash asked between sobs.

“I'll make sure to tell Princess Celestia that you and Scootaloo have become very close and recommend that she stay with you even if her parents are alive. How does that sound?” Twilight said still running her hoof along Rainbow Dash's back in a comforting manner.

“Okay...” Rainbow Dash replied with a sniffle, wiping tears from her eyes as she finally was able to stop herself from crying.

=============================

“And that's all the information you've managed to gather?” Stormhooves asked with a inquiring stare.

“Yep!” The light brown pegasus replied with a proud smile.

“Excellent. You've been most helpful Hoops. Once Discord's army rises again, I will make sure you are living very comfortably in your own cloud mansion.” Stormhooves replied as a sinister grin formed on his face.

“That's awesome!” Hoops exclaimed with an excited grin.

“Now if you will excuse me. I have make preparations for Scootaloo's acquisition.” Stormhooves replied, to which Hoops bowed his head and flew out the same way as he did last time, with the roof door disappearing magically once again.

“The time is at hand Bloodbane. Gather our forces and prepare for the ritual.” Stormhooves said as she stood up on all four hooves.

“If I may be as bold to ask General, who is the unicorn you selected to ignite the spell for Discord's Requiem?” Bloodbane asked as she stepped out from the shadows once again.

“Our very own Element of Magic. The one and only Twilight Sparkle.” Stormhooves replied, his sinister grin not fading.

“Very well played sir.” Bloodbane replied with a sinister grin of his own.

“Isn't it though?” Stormhooves replied with a smile.

“Sir. You have a visitor.” Stormhooves's butler said in the same tone he always used.

“Very well. Let the buffoon in.” Stormhooves replied still grinning evilly.

The butler bowed and opened the door, allowing Amanda to enter.

“Hello John. Are you going somewhere?” Amanda asked with a curious glance.

“Very shortly. Please make this quick.” Stormhooves said in an impatient tone.

“The cotton candy clouds still have not disappeared. I believe it is time we call on one of the Princesses to take care of this issue.” Amanda replied with a frown.

“That won't be necessary Amanda.” Stormhooves replied, still grinning sinisterly.

“And why is that?” Amanda asked with a suspicious glance.

“Because I no longer need your services. Now be gone from my sight.” Stormhooves said in a rude tone, much different from his polite manner.

“But, sir. I have been nothing but loyal to you. How can you fire me?” Amanda asked with a shocked look until Bloodbane stepped out from the shadows.

“Because Discord's revival is at hand. Now begone.” Bloodbane said in a malicious tone, taking a threatening advance at the pink pegasus.

“Bloodbane...” Amanda said in a loathing tone as her eyes narrowed.

“Oh? You two know each other?” Stormhooves said in a nonchalant manner.

“You are both under arrest. For conspiracy to comment treason against the Regal Sisters!” Amanda exclaimed, wiping out a badge from beneath her right wing with the letters “PBI” along with her agent name and rank on it.

However, Stormhooves laughed at her. “Looky here Bloodbane. We had an agent of the Pony Bureau of Investigation right under our hooves and we didn't know it. Well this changes everything.” Stormhooves said with a smirk and a laugh.

“So you will surrender without resiting then?” Amanda asked, looking at the two who seemed to be unfazed by her revealing of herself being a PBI agent.

“Surrender?” Stormhooves said unable to hold in a chuckle as he said this. “Why? What in Equestria would make you think we would surrender?” Stormhooves said and took a threatening stance preparing to strike.


===================================

“It's on it's way.” Twilight said with a comforting smile at Rainbow, who could only look on nervously as the cloud of green smoke flowed out of Twilight's window towards Princess Celestia's chambers.

“It's going to be okay.” Twilight said, snapping the cyan blue pegasus out of her nervous stare at the window Twilight's letter had just sailed through.

Suddenly there was a knock at Twilight's door. ”Who could that be?” Twilight asked as Spike answer it for her, revealing it to be Stormhooves accompanied by two well dressed ponies.

“Mr. Stormhooves! What brings you here at this time of day?” Rainbow Dash asked with a nervous smile.

“Where's Scootaloo Rainbow? We know you've been taking care of her.” Stormhooves said, not in his usual polite tone, but more of a stern and threatening style.

“Wh-what do you mean?” Rainbow Dash asked, looking nervous as hell now.

“Rainbow Dash. While I do not like doing this, I have no choice. I was informed by one of my sources that you have been taking care of Scootaloo for the past year. That prompted me to do some investigation on my own only to find out that Scootaloo's parents are alive and have been wondering where she has been for the past three years.” Stormhooves said, not changing his expression in the last bit, which stood strict and firm.

“Rainbow didn't fillynap her, if that's what you're implying. She found her in an abandoned home and took her in. She's done nothing but care for her.” Twilight spoke up in defense of her friend.

At hearing this, Stormhooves's expression softened, but only a little. “Well that's a relief. I was dreading to think of what was going to happen to my star weather pony when I was informed that Scootaloo had been fillynapped.” Stormhooves said, his tone of voice becoming it's normal polite tone again.

“Do you happen to know where she is?” One of the well dressed ponies asked.

Just then, Scootaloo came running in the door behind them, closely followed by Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. “Hey Mom! ... What's going on?” Scootaloo asked with a smile, however that smile disappeared once she got a proper look at Rainbow Dash's face.

“Mom...? ... Did I do something wrong?” Scootaloo asked, looking slightly nervous.

“No... Nothing at all Scoots. Would you mind going into kitchen with Twilight while I talk to this three ponies?” Rainbow Dash said in most kind manner she could muster despite the the coldness in her chest becoming nearly unbearable now.

“Okay Mom.” Scootaloo replied. She still looked nervous, but she obeyed her as she followed Twilight into the kitchen.

“I have no intention of making this any more painful than it has to be Rainbow. However upon learning that their daughter was alive and well they wanted her to be returned to them. Since I was your employer and, at the time, we thought you had fillynapped her, they thought it best if I accompanied these two fine Filly Protection Service agents.” Stormhooves said walking up to Rainbow.

“I can't keep her?” Rainbow Dash replied as tears began to well up in her eyes.

“I'm afraid not. If you were to refuse to let her go now, we would have no choice but to disregard Twilight's claim of your innocence and have you arrested for fillynapping.” Stormhooves said, feigning the most apologetic expression he could muster.

“Could... could I have a few minutes alone with her?” Rainbow Dash asked, to which Stormhooves gave a nod.

“Ten minutes.” Stormhooves replied.

“Okay.” Rainbow Dash replied, turned around and went into the kitchen, putting on her best smile, even though it was fake.

“Remember that letter you asked me to have Twilight send kid?” Rainbow Dash asked, doing her best to keep her smile convincing as she spoke.

“Yeah.” Scootaloo replied still looking nervous.

“Well they found them and they want to see you.” Rainbow Dash replied.

“They do?! Alright! That's so awesome! Your the best mom ever!” Scootaloo exclaimed as her expression instantly changed to one of excitement.

“Yeah... It is...” Rainbow Dash replied, still doing her best to hold her fake smile. But it was becoming harder to do by the minute.

“And when I come back, we can go out to eat to celebrate!” Scootaloo exclaimed hopping around Twilight and her.

“Sure kid.” Rainbow Dash replied, knowing that would never happen.

“So those people who are here are going to take me to see them?” Scootaloo replied with a curious look.

“Yeah...” Rainbow Dash replied still doing her best to hold it together.

Scootaloo then rushed out of the kitchen, followed by Rainbow Dash, who couldn't fake her smile any longer.

“Are you ready to meet your real parents Scootaloo?” Stormhooves said with a smile.

“Yeah. And when I come back, I'll tell Rainbow Dash all about them!” Scootaloo exclaimed looking at the cyan blue pegasus and suddenly felt very nervous again upon seeing her saddened expression. “I am coming back... aren't I?” Scootaloo asked after a few moments timidly.

“We best be going.” Stormhooves said avoiding the question that the orange pegasus just asked. As he picked her up, strapped her into a seat that was on his back, and strapped a seat-belt on her so she would not fall off.

“Wait. You didn't answer my question. I'm coming back aren't I?” Scootaloo asked looking even more nervous by the second as they began to leave.

The only reply she got was Rainbow Dash's head hanging low as a silent tear streaked down her cheek and hit the ground a few moments later.

“Wait, I don't want to go now! Don't let them take me Rainbow Dash! Please don't let them take me!” Scootaloo exclaimed, tears now streaming from her eyes as she struggled to undo the seat-belt, however it would not budge.

“I'm sorry kid. But it's out of my hooves.” Rainbow Dash replied as more tears began to flood from her eyes and hit the ground.

“I don't want to go! I want to stay with Rainbow Dash! Stop!” Scootaloo exclaimed flailing around trying to get out of the seat-belt as they took off towards the skies.

It was not long after they took off that Scootaloo's faint voice could be heard.


MOMMY!!!!!

It was then that something snapped inside Rainbow Dash and her head snapped upwards towards the skies to see Scootaloo nearly out of sight. Before Twilight could utter a word to stop her, she took off from the ground, the sheer brute force of her take off knocking the purple unicorn off her hooves.

However it became more than obvious that she was too late to stop them as they had gone well out of her sight, despite the fact she was flying at nearly mach one “No...” Was all Rainbow Dash could say as tears poured from her eyes.

=============================

No one had seen or heard from Rainbow Dash for hours and Twilight was worried her friend had done something rash. She sent Fluttershy to her home to check to see if she was at home while she made final preparations for Stormhooves's spell.

Fluttershy arrived at Rainbow Dash's house and knocked on the door, which creaked open. The cyan blue pegasus's house was a literal wreck. Objects had been throw about and many of Dash's prized belongings where either broken or shattered. But throughout it all, Scootaloo's room remained untouched.

“Oh... my...” Was all Fluttershy could say as she looked around Dash's home and nearly jumped in surprise as Rainbow Dash stumbled out from the kitchen, looking completely wasted, with a bottle of Apple Beer in one hoof.

“What dish you want?” Rainbow Dash asked in a slurred voice as she stumbled about.

“Twilight sent me to check on you. I heard about what happened with Scootaloo... That poor filly.” Fluttershy replied, trying her best not to cringe at the pungent smell of Rainbow Dash's breath.

“She just couldn't keepish her mofth shut, could she? Had to tell the entire world! I newf she couldn't be trusting!” Rainbow Dash slurred once again as she nearly tripped over her front hooves.

Fluttershy disregarded this comment and sat down on one of the cloud couches in the room. “Listen Rainbow... Drinking never solves anything. There was nothing you could have done. You would have been arrested for fillynapping if you had kept her from her real parents.” Fluttershy said in the most comforting tone she could muster.

“Yes there was! I could have done something! Anything! I was just too much of a coward to stand up to my boss! Well no more. I'm going to march right up to his fancy little mansion and tell that I quit unless he gives Scootaloo back to me!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed and began to stumble towards her door, only to fall flat on her face.

Fluttershy stood up from the couch and knelt down beside the cyan blue pegasus, who had suddenly began to start sobbing. “It's all my fault! I didn't do anything to stop them!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed between sobs.

“Oh no, no, no. You did the right thing.” Fluttershy said in a comforting tone as she ran a hoof along Rainbow Dash's head in a comforting manner.

“Then why does it feel so wrong?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed between sobs chucking her bottle of Apple Beer at the wall, which exploded loudly, splattering glass and beer against her couch and wall.

The yellow pegasus had no idea how to answer this. Instead of replying, she simply continued to rub Rainbow Dash's back in a comforting manner.

“Will I ever see her again?” Rainbow Dash asked between sniffles, having finally stopped sobbing, but her tears still continued to stream from her eyes.

“Of course. What kind of parents would they be if they kept you from seeing her?” Fluttershy replied in a soothing kind tone.

================================

“Alright. After this spell is done, I’m going to go see Rainbow.” Twilight said aloud to Spike as she began to make her horn glow, pointing it at the clouds.

As Twilight continued to concentrate to cast the spell, Spike suddenly belched out a letter, picked it up and began to read it. For a time, he just read over it until his eyes widened in horror. “Twilight! You better read this!” Spike exclaimed running up to Twilight in an attempt to show her the letter.

“Not now Spike! I'm almost done. It can wait till after I’m done.” Twilight replied as she began to cast the spell.

“But Twilight!” Spike exclaimed only to have his mouth stuffed with a carrot as she was near the end of the spell.

Spike, however, quickly yanked the carrot out of his mouth. ”Princess Celestia said that Scootaloo's parents are dead!” Spike exclaimed in a panicked tone causing Twilight's eyes to jolt wide in shock.

“Their what?!” Twilight exclaimed and was promptly knocked off her hooves into the side of her house as the spell erupted from her horn with a thundering “BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!” sailing to the skies and hitting the clouds turning them a dark pink color.

When Twilight finally was able to stand on all fours hooves, she promptly yanked the letter out of Spike's claws with her magic.

To my Faithful student,

I regret to inform you that Scootaloo's parents were murdered nearly fours years ago and she was placed in the care of an old colt whom I trusted to take care of her. The information that Mr. Sanders was not present at the home troubles me. I am very proud of Rainbow Dash for taking the young filly into her home. If she would like me to, I would be more than happy to make her Scootaloo's official guardian.

Your Proud Mentor,
Princess Celestia


Once Twilight finished reading the letter, she was wearing the same horrified expression Spike wore. Unfortunately, the thundering clouds and sudden appearance of so many cotton candy clouds raining chocolate milk distracted her from her present problem.

“Rainbow Dash said that her boss got this spell to get rid of the cotton candy clouds... Not make more of them!” Spike exclaimed in a shocked tone.

“Come to think of it, Rainbow Dash's boss was present when those two FPS ponies were here to pick up Scootaloo...” Twilight said aloud, looking as if she was deep in thought until her face suddenly lit up with a panicked expression. “Oh this is bad! Very, very bad!” Twilight exclaimed now pacing back and forth.

“Ah'll say. Just were did all these cotton candy clouds come from? Did Discord escape again?” Applejack asked as she trotted over to Twilight, who was still pacing back and forth.

“Oh my goodness! My mane!” Rarity's voice cried out in a panicked tone as she charged past Twilight, Spike, and Applejack into Twilight's home.

“What are you guys doing here?” Twilight asked as she stopped pacing back and forth.

“Fluttershy was a dear and informed us of Rainbow Dash's situation. Honestly Twilight., couldn't you trust your other friends with this tid-bit of information? We could have helped.” Rarity said, now standing at Twilight's door frame with a disappointed expression on her face.

“Pinkie Pie! Get your flank over here and stop drinking the consarned chocolate rain!” Applejack exclaimed in an annoyed tone, causing Twilight looked to see Pinkie Pie bathing herself under a cotton candy cloud with her mouth wide open. She shook herself clean and ran over to Twilight and the others when she heard Applejack's call.

“Hey Twilight! I heard what happened to Rainbow Dash and I wanted to throw her a cheer up party. But since I hadn't seen her all day, I thought I would come over here with Rarity and Applejack to see if she was here, but she's not, and that made me so sad. But now I’m happy because we can now make it a surprise cheer up party!”

“The party will have to wait Pinkie Pie. We got bigger problems.” Twilight said as she looked at her friends.

“I'll say. Poor Rainbow Dash is taking this very hard. When I found her at her home she was stumbling over her own hooves. I think she have been trying to drink pain away. The poor pony.” Fluttershy said as she slowly landed next to the others.

“Listen up girls. I think Scootaloo may have been fillynapped.” Twilight said looking very worried now.

“Well, of course she was. But we know it wasn't by Rainbow Dash.” Rarity replied to this her expression unchanged.

“No, I mean Rainbow Dash's boss fillynapped her!” Twilight exclaimed. There was a unified gasp from all the ponies.

“But... Ah fail to see what Rainbow's boss would have to gain by fillynappin' Scootaloo.” Applejack said looking both worried and confused.

“Yes, I quite agree with Applejack on this one. I simply could not imagine Rainbow Dash's boss gaining anything by fillynapping Scootaloo." Rarity remarked.

“I don't know what he would have to gain either. But when he came here to pick up Scootaloo, he claimed that he was here to take her back to her parents. But according to Princess Celestia's letter, Scootaloo's parents have been dead for four years now!” Twilight said, the worry in her voice still strong. There was another unified gasp as Twilight finished.

“But what would Rainbow Dash's big bossy pants pony want with our little Scootaloo?” Pinkie Pie asked, looking concerned and confused.

“I just said I don't know! And there's another matter. Rainbow Dash's boss said that the spell he wanted me to cast would get rid of the cotton candy clouds.” Twilight replied, pacing back and forth once again.

“Nothin' against your magic skills, Twi... But this here isn't lookin' like it worked the way it was supposed tah.” Applejack replied giving a glance up at the cotton candy clouds, which were now thundering loudly.

“Actually, I think it worked perfectly.” Twilight replied, earning confused looks from everypony.

“Are you loco in the coco Twilight? This doesn't look like no cotton candy clouds to me. In fact it looks like the exact opposite of no cotton candy clouds to me!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, still looking confused.

“What I mean is, Rainbow Dash's boss tricked me and her into casting this spell for him.” Twilight replied. Once again, everypony looked at her with shocked expressions.

“But why on earth would he want to make more of them? I simply can not fathom why the head of a weather company would want to wreck his reputation like this.” Rarity replied, looking up at the sky, then back the Twilight and the others.

“You reckon it has somethin to do with Discord Twi?” Applejack asked with an inquiring tone.

“That's exactly what it think.” Twilight replied then turned to Spike. “Spike. I want you to write a letter to Princess Celestia about everything we just talked about and I want it sent yesterday!” Twilight exclaimed. Spike saluted her and began writing the letter, than stopped.

“Uh... Twilight... How am I supposed to send it yesterday, if yesterday was yesterday and today is today?” Spike asked, sending Twilight's brain for a loop until she shook her head to shake off her confusion. “It's an expression Spike. It means write that letter and send it as fast as you can!” Twilight exclaimed, after which Spike began to write the letter again and a few minutes later, wrapped it up and blow fire onto it, sending it to Princess Celestia.

“How's Rainbow doin'?” Applejack asked curiously, looking at Fluttershy.

“Well, as I said ealier, she's taken it pretty hard...” Fluttershy trailed off, then let out a started squeak.”Oh my! She doesn't know that Scootaloo was fillynapped!” Fluttershy exclaimed in a worried voice.

“SHE WAS WHAT?!” Rainbow Dash's voice exclaimed as she swiftly landed next to the other ponies and quickly held her head.

“You okay thar Rainbow?” Applejack asked in a concerned tone.

“Yeah, just a hangover. Nothing big. Now tell me, what's this about Scootaloo being fillynapped?” Rainbow Dash asked, looking at Twilight and the others.

Twilight then explained everything she had just said to the others, and by the end of it, Rainbow Dash looked as if she was ready to break something or somepony. “Why that no good, low life, snob nosed, fancy talking, FOAL OF AN ASSHOLE!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed at the top of her lungs.

Just as Rainbow Dash was about to take off, Spike belched out yet another letter, which he quickly read. “The letter says that Princess Celestia suspected that Stormhooves was plotting something, but hadn't heard from her PBI agent for some time. She also says that the last known location of Scootaloo's parents, before they were found murdered, was in the cloud city of Cyrusville.” Spike said at which point Rainbow Dash took the pose to take off again.

“Rainbow wait! Just what are you going to do once you find her? I'll bet Stormhooves has a bunch of goons waiting to beat the feathers out of you no sooner you show your face! Let's wait and form a plan of action.” Twilight said trying to calm the cyan blue pegasus.

“The last time I waited, I lost her Twilight. I won't do that again!” Rainbow Dash replied angrily.

“Without a plan? What do you possibly possess that could possibly save her?” Twilight asked trying to talk some sense into the pegasus.

“I only need one thing...” Rainbow Dash replied as a proud smile formed on her face.

“Which is?” Twilight asked, unsure of what she meant.

“My love for my daughter! That's all I need!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, then took off to the skies before anypony could stop her.

“Ugh! That pony is going to get herself killed! Fluttershy, follow her!” Twilight exclaimed at which point Fluttershy took off trailing behind Rainbow Dash, but not by much.

===============================

“You didn't have to follow me you know.” Rainbow Dash said as she landed just on the outskirts of Cyrusville.

“I know. But I want to help you. Fillynapping is inexcusable.” Fluttershy replied with a smile.

“Well, I’d be lying my flank off if I said I wasn't happy to have some sort of backup.” Rainbow Dash replied with a smile, then she turned her gaze to the cloud city.

“So where do we start?” Fluttershy asked as she turned her gaze to the cloud city as well.

“I don't know but- hey! What is Hoops doing here for?” Rainbow Dash asked as she caught the view of the light brown pegasus flying a little above the city and dived in a few moments later.

With only that small lead to go on, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash secretly followed Hoops until they found him alone. With no pony around, Rainbow Dash swiftly yanked him into an ally and slammed him against a wall. “What are you doing here Hoops? You don't live in Cyrusville and we both know it!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, looking extremely threatening.

“I ain't scared of you anymore Rainbow Crash! Once Discord comes back, I'm gonna be livin' it up and there's nothin' you can do to stop him!” Hoops replied with a grin. However a hoof to the face knocked him to the ground, one that didn't come from Rainbow Dash, but shockingly, from Fluttershy.

“Now. I’m only going to ask this once.” Fluttershy said in a sweet tone until her expression suddenly changed to one Rainbow Dash only had seen once in her life, which was at the gala. “WHERE IS SCOOTALOO?!” Fluttershy's voice erupted at the top of her lungs, huffing and puffing after she screamed this.

“I don't know! That Stormhooves guy said he was going to take her somewhere secret and I wasn't allowed to know!” Hoops replied, scooting backwards and unable to get to his hooves properly from his terrified state.

“Well then. You best start talking or the filly's gloves are going to come off AND YOU WON'T LIKE ME!” Fluttershy began to say in a sweet tone, but by the end of her statement, her expression had changed once again to one that Rainbow Dash had only seen at the gala as she screamed the last five words of her sentence at the quivering pegasus.

==================================

“Wow. That was kind of scary of you Fluttershy.” Rainbow Dash said as they flew over the city to the last location that Hoops had told them he had seen Stormhooves.

“Was I that scary? I'm sorry.” Fluttershy replied in her normal, shy voice.

“No, no. That was awesome scary. I didn't think you had it in you.” Rainbow Dash replied with a smirk as they landed.

“Well, I’m just ever so worried about poor Scootaloo. I don't know what came over me.” Fluttershy replied with a nervous smile.

“It's called anger, Fluttershy. The kind of anger you feel towards someone who has done something very wrong.” Rainbow Dash replied as she opened the door to the building and walked in with Fluttershy close behind her.

“Is it the kind of anger you're feeling?” Fluttershy asked timidly as they walked through the darkened building.

The building they had walked into was obviously a type of storage warehouse. They walked past several boxes labeled with the names of the products they were storing. The building seemed to be very large and looked as if it stretched on for miles, but of course they could barely see the floor in front of their hooves as well.

“No... The anger I’m feeling right now you could only feel if you had your daughter taken away from you.” Rainbow Dash replied in a bitter tone as she strained her eyes to see in the dark.

“I can't see a thing in here.” Fluttershy said in a nervous tone as stayed as close to Rainbow Dash as possible.

It was at this moment Rainbow Dash heard music, but it was very faint, so faint that if Fluttershy hadn't stopped talking when she did, she most likely would have never heard it otherwise. “Can you hear that?” Rainbow Dash asked in a whisper. Fluttershy strained her ears in an attempt to listen, but she heard nothing.

“No. Am I not listening hard enough? I'm sorry.” Fluttershy asked only to get a hoof placed on her mouth shushing the yellow pegasus as Rainbow Dash strained her ears in an attempt to hear where the music was coming from.

“I think it's coming from this way.” Rainbow Dash whispered and began to head to the east of where she was standing, followed closely by Fluttershy.

As they continued in that direction, the music began to grow louder and louder until Fluttershy heard it herself. “What kind of music is that? I've never heard it before.” Rainbow Dash asked in a whisper.

“It sounds like... A requiem?” Fluttershy replied as she listened.

“What's a requiem?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

“It means a song for the dead. Or at least that's what the word means. This tune definitely sounds like a requiem.” Fluttershy replied still listening intently.

As Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy grew closer to the music, they soon found themselves at the face of a flat wall. “What the...?” Rainbow Dash said in confusion as she tapped on the seemingly solid wall.

“There's gotta be a way through.” Rainbow Dash said as she began to tap along the wall attempting to find some sort of switch.

“Rainbow... It's a cloud building wall... Just punch a hole in it.” Fluttershy said after a few moments with a annoyed look that Rainbow Dash couldn't see in the dark.

“Oh right. Eh-heh... I knew that.” Rainbow Dash replied with a sheepish expression before turning to look at the wall. She arched back her arm and thrust a hoof into the wall only to hit something very solid. “Ow, ow, ow! Fluttershy! You said this was a cloud wall!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, holding her sore hoof as it throbbed painfully.

“Oops...” Fluttershy replied meekly.

“Why is a solid concrete wall doing in a cloud city anyways?” Rainbow Dash asked herself aloud.

The music was growing slightly faster in pace now as if it was nearing it's climax which made Fluttershy begin to panic a little. “We need to get in there quickly. The song sounds like it's nearing the end.” Fluttershy said in a slightly panicked tone.

“Well let's see you get through here then!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, clearly annoyed as she still hold held her throbbing hoof as the pain began to subside.

Fluttershy then gently pushed Rainbow Dash to the side and stood there for a few moments. “Well are you going to do something or what?” Rainbow Dash asked looking annoyed.

“HAI-YAH!” Fluttershy exclaimed at the top of her lungs and punched a hole into the concrete wall, much to the cyan blue pegasus's shock.

“When did you learn how do that?!” Rainbow Dash asked however Fluttershy didn't answer and gave several more “HAI-YAH!”s until the hole was large enough for them to climb through.

“Well... Twilight suggested I take self-defense classes shortly after the gala, and I guess they come in handy.” Fluttershy replied meekly her shy expression now clearly be seen as fresh light poured in through the hole.

Rainbow Dash quickly climbed through the hole, followed closely by Fluttershy as she walked into what seemed like a vast room without a ceiling. But unlike Fluttershy, who had taken in her surroundings, Rainbow Dash had her eyes transfixed on the quivering orange pegasus who sat in the middle of the room, chained to the floor next to what looked to be Discord's statue itself.

“Hang on Scootaloo, mommy's coming!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in a whisper and attempted to take off, only for Fluttershy to halt her in her tracks by biting down on her rainbow colored tail doing her best to keep Rainbow Dash from blasting in and making a scene.

“We can't just rush in there like this! We would never make it past all those ponies!” Fluttershy exclaimed between gritted teeth as she held onto the cyan blue pegasus's tail.

“But she's so scared. And she's right there! I can't just sit back and do nothing!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in a whisper still trying to blast in there at top speed.

“We won't! We just need to figure out how to get past those ponies!” Fluttershy replied and let out a sigh of relief as Rainbow Dash stopped trying to blast in there.

“So what are we going to do?” Rainbow Dash asked in an annoyed tone as she yanked her tail out of Fluttershy's mouth.

Even though Fluttershy wasn't the brainy type like Twilight, she still was smart enough to think up a plan, which eventually came to her as she saw two ponies dressed like all the others walking towards them. “Follow me, quick!” Fluttershy exclaimed in a whisper and pulled Rainbow Dash along with her quietly.

“Hey... What's this?” One of the dressed ponies asked as they pointed at the hole in the wall.

“It's a hole, you idiot.” The other replied.

“I know what it is! But why is there a hole in here?” The other one replied, looking annoyed.

“Hai-yah!” Fluttershy exclaimed several times as she landed blows on the two unsuspecting ponies, knocking them out with ease. Thankfully, due to the loud music that was echoing throughout the room, she went unheard.

Catching onto Fluttershy's plan, Rainbow began to quickly undress the second pony while Fluttershy began to undress the first. Soon they were both wearing the outfits that all other ponies were wearing in the room, drug the two unconscious ponies over to a dark part of the room, and left them there.

Soon they were amongst the crowd, quickly making their way to the front of the rest, and finally stopping with Scootaloo clearly in view in the center of the room. It took everything bit of Rainbow's willpower not to rush in and attempt to save her daughter. “So what now?” Rainbow Dash whisper to Fluttershy.

“We wait for the right moment to grab her and run.” Fluttershy replied in the same whisper.

“That's your grand plan?! That's it! I’m going to get her out of here now!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in a whisper, only to halt as a black pony stepped forward through the crowd just across from her.

It was Stormhooves.