• Published 22nd Mar 2012
  • 3,310 Views, 146 Comments

A Filly's Tale - Deathsia



Rainbow Dash Follows Scootaloo home one day...

  • ...
15
 146
 3,310

Discord's Reign

DISCORD'S REIGN

The clouds over Ponyville seemed to darken if more so than usual as they rained chocolate milk over the towns residents however a single Cyan blue mare trotted through this with her head hung low. “I've lost her forever...without my wings there's no way I can stop Discord.” Rainbow Dash said aloud to herself only to get a swift slap to the face making her jolt up.

“That's for abandoning us back at Celestia's castle.” Twilight said in a angry tone then slapped her again. “And that's for being stupid enough to bet your wings against Discord!” Twilight said then as quickly as she had slapped her she embraced her in a loving hug. “And this is for me being so blind and not seeing just how much Scootaloo meant to you. If I was in your hooves I would have done the same thing.” Twilight said with a smile as a tear dripped down her cheek.

Even though being slapped did tick her off she couldn't bring herself to shove the purple unicorn off her now that Twilight was hugging her at which point she put her head on her shoulder and began to sob loudly. “I've lost her Twilight...she's gone forever.” Rainbow Dash said between sobs.

“Not yet you haven't.” Twilight said breaking the hug and looking at Rainbow whose expression was one of hope and confusion.

“What do you mean? Fluttershy has been discorded, I don't have my wings, and as far as I can tell things have been getting even worse than last time!” Rainbow Dash replied not sure of what the purple unicorn was smiling about.

“Yeah..about Fluttershy...” Twilight said trailing off...

FLASHBACK

“A-A-Are you sure you want me to do this Twilight? What if something goes wrong?” Fluttershy asked timidly in the kitchen as the five began to prepare to leave .

“Fluttershy me and you both know you have one hell of a temper on you and not to mention mean streak when you're discorded. And we both know it's the only way you could harm even so much as a fly. Besides this is me we're talking about here! I know what I’m doing.” Twilight replied with a smile.

“So with this spell you're casting, it will let me think on my own without any influence from Discord?” Fluttershy said timidly as the purple unicorn's horn glowed and enveloped her in a light purple light for a few moments before fading.

“Exactly, but you'll still be your mean cruel discorded self. So in other words even though your discorded you'll be able to think and follow through with our plan. Just make sure you are able to corner Stormhooves before you let the cat out of the bag or it'll blow everything.” Twilight replied then placed a hoof on her shoulder. “I know you can do this Fluttershy. I'm counting on you.” Twilight said after a few moments looking into her eyes.
END FLASHBACK

“Whoa,whoa,WHOA! You put Fluttershy in as spy?! Have you lost your marbles Twilight?! What if she's discovered?! She could be killed!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in a upset yet worried tone.

“It's called having faith in your friends Rainbow. And I have faith in all of you...even if I don't make it known.” Twilight replied with a slight blush.

“What's the point in sending her after Stormhooves anyways? What's he gonna tell her that we don't already know?” Rainbow asked still not liking the idea of putting Fluttershy behind enemy lines like this.

“Who said anything about getting information out of him? Her beating the snot out of him is nothing more than a distraction. And a little self-gratification on my part for him tricking me.” Twilight added which an evil smirk.

“So what's the plan then?” Rainbow Dash asked as she was all ears now.

“Well, the original plan was to distract discord so Celestia and Luna could combine their magic and defeat Discord if using the elements of harmony failed as a backup plan but the plan has changed so I plan to release Celestia from her stone prison while Discord is distracted with Fluttershy and then get the hell out of there.” Twilight replied.

“All this just to rescue your teacher?! What about Scootaloo?! What about my daughter Twilight?!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed once again feeling her temper rise and her worry for her daughter overriding her rational thinking as she slammed the purple unicorn against the nearest building to them.

“I didn't plan that far ahead! I figured once we got Celestia and Fluttershy out we could work out a plan to rescue Scootaloo!” Twilight replied shoving the cyan blue Pegasus away from her due to her sudden act of violence having startled and upset the purple unicorn.

“I don't like that plan Twilight. In fact I want no part of it!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed turning her back to Twilight which unnerved the purple mare.

“What's happened to you? You're not the Rainbow Dash I remember.” Twilight said in a hurt tone.

“Your right, I’m not. Having a daughter can change a mare Twilight. Not like you'd know.” Rainbow Dash replied in a solemn tone.

The cyan blue Pegasus's words felt like a hot knife being stabbed into her chest but she attempted to keep it together as she took a timid step forward. “Rainbow...that was rather cruel of you to say. I know your worried about Scootaloo, but we have to plan things carefully or all our hard work will be for nothing.” Twilight said trying to talk sense into the stubborn Pegasus.

At this Rainbow Dash gave a heavy sigh and turned around to face Twilight. “I'm sorry, but I’m just so worried about her. Some element of loyalty I am...” Rainbow Dash said lowering her head in shame until Twilight slapped her once again.

“For Celestia's sake Twilight! Again with the slapping? A mare can only take so much abuse!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed in an aggravated tone looking at Twilight with a glare.

“That was for doubting yourself. It's call tough love baby!” Twilight exclaimed with a cheesy grin before putting a hoof on her shoulder. “So we back to normal now?” Twilight asked few moments later.

“More or less...” Rainbow Dash replied rubbing her sore cheek.

“Good! Now lets get back to the library, the others are waiting on us and they don't know of the plan yet.” Twilight replied and began to run off followed closely by Rainbow Dash.

--------------------------

“So let meh get this strait...y'all faked the whole being upset and we lost thing because of that plan of yours and that's why we are in the middle of this consarned chocolate rainstorm?” Applejack asked in a semi-shocked tone.

“Not exactly...” Twilight replied flattening her ears,biting her lower lip, and giving a guilty look as she said this. “I was pretty devastated to see my teacher get petrified before my eyes.” Twilight replied before perking up her ears again and smiling at the farm pony. “But I didn't mean it.” Twilight said after a few moments.

“That still doesn't explain why we are out in this weather darling. Thank goodness I packed an umbrella.” Rarity said a she gave a apprehensive look upward as rainbow splattered all over the purple Umbrella.

“Pinkie Pie! Could you stop drinking the consarned Chocolate rain!” Applejack exclaimed in an annoyed tone as she walked over to the pink pony while Twilight replied to Rarity.

“Well, I sensed an unfamiliar magic in my home and I’d put my bits on it being discord putting listening spells on each of our homes. So that's why I had everypony leave my house without a single word.” Twilight replied giving a passing glance at Pinkie Pie who seemed to be ignore Applejack then back to the others.

“So we rescue the Princesses and Fluttershy, dispel discords magic on her and get the heck outta there. Am I hearing this right?” Rainbow Dash said going over the plan once again to make sure she knew ever last detail.

“And then we form a plan to rescue Scootaloo.” Twilight added promptly with a warm smile which the cyan blue Pegasus responded with her own.

“Pinkie Pie!” Applejack exclaimed angrily putting a hoof on her shoulder and whirling her around.

“Leave me alone!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a voice much unlike her own with a truly menacing expression along with two bright red glowing eyes.

“Whoa Nelly!” Applejack exclaimed stumbling backward onto her rump and scooting away very quickly from the pink mare.

“What in Equestria....” Twilight remarked in a shocked tone as Pinkie Pie was now on all fours again no longer drinking the Chocolate rain rather staring at them all with her bright red glowing eyes which were also filled with hostile intent.

“Applejack, get away from her, quick!” Twilight exclaimed in a frantic tone as the Pink mare attempted to pounce the farm pony.

Applejack didn't need to be told twice as she scooted away on her rump for a few moments before stumbling to all fours hooves and ran over to the other three barely evading Pinkie Pie three times during this.

“What happened to her? She was fine a few moments ago!” Rarity exclaimed as the four backed up from Pinkie Pie cautiously as the pink mare took several slow steps towards them as if planning her next move.

“Ah know, she was just drinking the consarned Chocolate rain.” Applejack chimed looking very scared right now.

It didn't take more than three seconds for the purple unicorn to put the pieces to this puzzle together as she looked up at the clouds then back to Pinkie Pie. “It's the rain! Discord must have enchanted it somehow to make it so anypony who drinks it becomes a mindless slave!” Twilight exclaimed as they backed up a few more feet from the pink mare who's hair was not it's usual puffy appearance anymore either.

“What makes you think she's some mindless slave?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

“You will drink from the clouds and join Discord's army! If you do not you will die!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in a menacing demonic tone to which the four gulped.

“Whelp...that answers my stupid question.” Rainbow Dash said in response to this with an audible gulp.

“We need to pin her down so I can examine the spell and reverse it!” Twilight exclaimed as the four of them scattered to avoid a pounce from Pinkie Pie.

“That's easier said than done sugarcube, but ah reckon ah could give it a shot!” Applejack exclaimed as she lunged at the pink mare only to miss, hit the ground, get turned over and pinned herself by the pink mare who put both hooves around her mouth trying to pry them open.

“Drink...” Pinkie Pie said with a cruel grin as she was slowly prying the farm pony's mouth open upon which Applejack began to spit and sputter the rain out the best should could manage until Pinkie Pie was tackled and pinned to the ground by Rainbow Dash at which point the farm mare spit whatever was left in her mouth out and spit a few more times for good measure.

“Snap out of it Pinkie!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed face to face with her only to get bucked off and slammed against the tree crying out in pain as her body hit it hard.

“Is it just meh or is pinkie a might stronger than she usually is?” Applejack asked in an apprehensive tone as the Pink mare got back to all four hooves.

“Ohh...either that or she's been hitting the gym big time when no pony is looking.” Rainbow Dash said with a wince and groan as she stood back to all fours wearily.

“I'd wager that the effects of the spell enhance the victims strength so that it's easier for them to convert or kill their victims.” Twilight remarked as she studied Pinkie Pie's movements realizing she was her next target.

“Join us or die!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in the same demonic tone as she lunged at Twilight only for her to stop mid-air as Twilight suspended her midair in a purple bubble of magic.

“Grr! Let me out of here!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed as she thrashed and bucked at the magical bobble only for it to stretch and absorb her blows reverting back to its original shape after each attack.

“Sorry Pinkie, but that bubble is indestructible from the inside.” Twilight replied with a triumphant grin before turning to her friends. “Lets get her and ourselves somewhere safe before more of them pop up.” Twilight said as she moved the bubble with her magic dragging it behind her as the four ran to the nearest building they could find which was Rarity's home.

“But what about the spell darling?” Rarity asked in a concerned tone as Twilight opened her front door with her magic.

“It's a risk we'll have to take. We have little choice right now.” Twilight replied as the four of them entered followed closely by Pinkie Pie who was still thrashing about her bubble prison.

“So can you help her?” Rarity asked in a worried voice as Twilight used her horn to magically scan the pink mare who was still bucking about.

“I've never encountered a spell like this before. It's very dark in nature and feels ancient. As if it's a spell that hasn't been used in eons. This is definitely one of Discord's more advanced spells and sadly out of my knowledge to be able to help her.” Twilight remarked with a frown as finished her magical scan, flattened her ears and gave a worried glance at Pinkie Pie who just glared at them now having finally given up trying to break free of her prison.

“I will get out of here! My allies will find me and when they do, you will all either join or or perish!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed in the same demonic tone.

“So how do we help her?” Rainbow Dash asked flashing a concerned glance at the pink mare then looking at Twilight again.

“We can only hope the Princesses know of a way to reverse this spell. After all they are about as old as Discord if not older.” Twilight replied as she turned around and walked away.

“We simply can't just leave her like this can we?” Rarity asked looking at Pinkie Pie then back to her three friends.

“It's not like we have much of a choice here Rarity. But ah reckon one of the regal sisters can reverse this spell with a flick of thar horn.” Applejack replied followed by a sigh.

“So, we're still on with rescuing the princesses?” Rainbow Dash asked curiously.

“Yeah, but one of us has to stay here and guard Pinkie Pie now.” Twilight replied giving a worried glance of her own at the pink mare.

“I'll do it.” Rainbow Dash said after a few moments.

“You sure about this? ah mean if any other ponies are sufferin from the same spell they will be on you like stinkbugs on a pile of donkey manure.” Applejack remarked with a concerned look.

“Yeah, i'll be fine. Besides with me being worried about Scootaloo like I am...” The cyan blue Pegasus replied trailing off for a few moments with a very worried expression before looking at them again. “I'd most likely blow the plan to pieces by trying to rescue Scoots. So it's best if I stay here. Besides without my wings I’m not much use to you guys am I?” Rainbow Dash said with a smile which faltered immediately with a saddened expression as she lowered her head.

Twilight walked over to Rainbow Dash and placed a hoof on her shoulder to which the cyan blue Pegasus raised her head to look at the purple unicorn revealing a silent tear which was streaking down her right cheek. “Rainbow, wings or not, your still apart of the team and a dear friend to all of us. Never forget that. And don't worry we'll find a way to get your wings back.” Twilight said in the most soothing and comforting tone she could muster.

“Ack! Gag me with a spoon! That friendship of yours won't save you from Discord!” Pinkie Pie's voice erupted much to everypony's announce which caused Twilight to flash her a glare and walk over to her.

“You won't have hold of Pinkie Pie for much longer. I will personally see to that. Never underestimate the power of friendship! Discord and Nightmare moon did and we have defeated them both.” Twilight replied in a confident yet threatening tone as she narrowed her eyes at the pink mare.

“But I am Pinkie Pie! Hahaha!” Pinkie Pie replied with a giggle however this giggle couldn't sound cute even if the demon possessing her had did it twenty times as it had chilled everypony's body to the bone upon hearing it.

“No your not! I know he real Pinkie Pie and you're not her!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed stepping towards the pink mare now as well.

“Pssh! Whatever you say Rainbow.” The pink mare replied with a sinister grin.

“It's about time. Lets get going everypony.” Twilight said as she took a glance at the clock up on Rarity's wall and began to walk towards her front door followed by the other three, opened the door, and turned her head to look at Rainbow. “I know this should go without saying but no matter what she says or does, don't let her out of that prison.” Twilight said in a matter of fact tone.

“No worries Twilight. She ain't going anywhere with this mare on guard!” Rainbow exclaimed with a proud smile.

With one last glance Twilight and the other left the carousel boutique and began to make way for Canterlot.

---------------------------


“My lord, if I may be as bold to ask, what is going on out there? None of this happened last time.” Stormhooves said as he approached Discord with a bow.

“I assume you're talking about the residents of Equestria sporting glowing red eyes and tackling their fellow pony?” Discord replied in a nonchalant manner to which stormhooves nodded. “You weren't around around the last time I was able to rule Equestria which was more than ten thousand years ago. Until those upstarts Celestia and Luna came and ruined everything. If you wanna know the truth, there weren't even ponies back then either.” Discord replied allowing a wicked grin to appear on his face much to Stormhooves's confusion.

“Come again my lord?” Stormhooves asked hoping for a much clearer explanation than the vague one he had just gotten.

“It's really quite boring but I suppose I’ll humor you. Many eons ago Equestria was not called Equestria, rather it was called something dreadfully boring called earth and even more boring enough was populated by an even more boring anthropomorphic race called humans. I was but a lowly magician slowly struggling his way through his miserable life. But I had no idea how much greatness I had left untapped in me. My teacher whom was the resident warlock has cast me away from his services merely year before. It wasn't until I vowed revenge that I sneaked into his private storage and stole some very interesting spell books. Books that not even the warlock himself dared to touch.” Discord said pausing if only for a moment to allow the stallion to take in this information before he continued.

“It was upon reading through them I found a particularly interesting spell. It turned the user into the something you ponies now at days call the spirit of disharmony and chaos. It granted the caster immortality and would give them powers they could only dream of. At the time I wasn't aware of the true intent of the spell so I went to working on casting it...”

FLASH BACK

Date: 1894 A.C. Midsummer.

“Finally, after a year of waiting I will finally be able to get revenge on that warlock and obtain supreme power!” Merrick said as he flipped through the pages of instructions on how to cast the spell then began to recite the words in the forbidden tongue.

Spirits of disharmony and chaos, I beseech the! I give my life, my soul, my very essence of my being to you!

Grant thy power to which thy caster truly deserves! I summon the power of life, death, and the power of the gods themselves!

Merrick then stabbed himself in the heart gasping out as he did so falling to the ground dead in the middle of the dark symbol he had carved into the ground earlier which then began to glow darkly as Merrick's blood pooled under him.

It was then hit body began to magically float into the air lifelessly and stopped mere a few feet off the guard suspended. Dark magic then began to surround the body and a dark, sinister and demonic face soon began to form in front of the body which opened it's mouth and seemed to swallow the body whole. Moments later a huge eruption of magical energy which was roughly the size of ten fully grown dragons short forth from the dark symbol in an upward fashion which obliterated Merrick's small home upon impact soaring skyward till it reached the space itself at which point and time the energy expanded in all directions covering the entire planet. If anyone were to be looking at the earth from space right now all they would see is a huge black orb floating in space or so it would seem...

Meanwhile humans of every country and race over the globe were screaming out in horror as the dark magical energy seemed to come gushing from the sky leaving no where to run. In one fell splash of magical energy everything on the planet was consumed by the massive flood of dark magic. However no one was killed by this magically energy as they all too soon found out. The once human race awoke all over the planet and immediately noticed several startling changes not only to the planet but to themselves. Their body's form had changed and no longer resembled that of a human at all, rather it resembled a horse. However not everyone had the same form. Many humans whom had devoted their lives to the magical arts found themselves sporting horns on the foreheads while others who had dedicated their lives to flying machines such as airplanes and other matter of flying machinery soon found they had wings.

Meanwhile Discord opened his eyes wearily. “I'm Alive? But of course I am!” Discord said aloud then slammed a claw on his mouth realizing it was not his normal voice and in that same moment realized that his hands were no longer hands but rather a clawed hand and a lions paw.

Discord quickly made his way to the local river trying his best to figure out what exactly had happened and gasped in horror at what he saw. “I'm....I'm a monster!” Merrick cried out horror-struck. Merrick then quickly ran to where he had left the book hoping it was still intact and to his relief it was.

Merrick quickly flipped through the pages of the book trying to find something he might have missed and he found it alright. However he had read over this spell several times and didn't see this page before but began to read it aloud none-the-less.

If you are reading this then you have completed the lifetime long work that I had failed to achieve. This spell was created to change the world, to shape it in the image that I had imaged for it. I would have cast this spell myself if it were not for my decrepit age. I realized all to late that only a magician in prime of their youth whom was my heir could achieve such a feat. So I hid this page away so that my son could find it when he completed the work I had failed to finish so many years ago.

You have been given godly power in this new world that you have created. You may not realize this yet but you are now a god among insects or to be more precise...ponies. The magical knowledge that has been bestowed upon you will come in due time, but for now relish in your work my son, for you have created a new world which can never be what it was ever again.

“What have I done?” Merrick asked himself aloud horrified by this new set of information.

“What have you done indeed!” A deep voice spoke up which snapped Merrick's gaze away from the spell book to see a dark blue bearded unicorn who sported a large magical symbol on his flank.

“Who are you?!” Merrick asked in a panicked tone falling onto his rump as the unicorn use his horn to magically lift the book into the air levitated it to him which he began to read.

“Merlin's beard! Do you have any idea what you have done? You have changed the planet in a way which can not be reversed, not even by my great magic!” The unicorn roared his anger clearly heard in his voice as it seemed to erupt from his mouth magnified so they Merrick could feel the sheer force of his voice as he spoke.

“Once again, who are you?” Merrick asked as he got to his legs and stood up.

“Due to my new form it's no surprise you don't recognize me...It is I,your mentor, Star Swirl the bearded!” Star Swirl said taking a step towards the hydrocephalus.

“Star Swirl? So that's how you knew how to find me.” Merrick replied feeling an all too familiar rage begin to fill him.

“Once again, have you any idea the grave act which have committed? The entire world have been changed humans are now creatures we call ponies. All matter of life on this planet have been warped to this man's sick and twisted image!” Star Swirl exclaimed unfazed by the loathing expression Merrick now wore.

“I only meant to give myself the power to defeat you! But it matters not. I could care less what happens to the rest of this world as long as I have the power to defeat you.” Merrick replied realizing that the magical knowledge the unknown wizard spoke of in the book had already begun to pour into his mind.

“You're lust for power and revenge know no bounds...I’m afraid I have no choice. I must end your pitiful existence before you make use of the terrifying power you have acquired!” Star Swirl said, focused magic into his horn and cast a spell that glowed with an eerie dark aura as it sailed towards the hydrocephalus.

With his newly acquired magically knowledge Merrick was able to quickly evade his spell by vanishing in a flash of magic. “You have adapted to that new form rather quickly old man, but so have I...” Merrick's voice echoed around Star Swirl who looked about himself attempting to find the source of the voice.

“You can't win against me Merrick! I surpass you in both skill and magical power!” Star Swirl exclaimed as he once again channeled magical energy into his horn and sent it outward in all directions which managed to hit it's mark but the moment it had it seemed to rebound and fly right back him much to his own shock knocking the dark blue unicorn of his hooves into the air and land a few feet away from where he stood.

“That was then old man... but now I surpass you!” Merrick's voice echoed once again firing magical energy in all directions at Star swirl who disappeared in a flash of magic merely moments before the spell impacted causing a flood of smoke and debris to erupt from where it had hit.

“His magic is growing more powerful by the minuet...if this keeps up I may have to retreat and seek the aid of the order.” Star Swirl thought to himself in a worried tone as he looked about himself through the smoke and shifting debris. “Stop this foolishness Merrick! You can't win!” Star Swirl exclaimed hoping Merrick would buy his bluff as he sent forth several bolts of magical energy from his horn which fired in all directions but once again were rebounded back at the dark blue unicorn which he evaded by magically teleporting once again.

“I am no longer the lowly magician Merrick...henceforth you shall call me Discord! The spirit of disharmony and chaos!” Discord's voice exclaimed as he appeared right in front of Star Swirl and with a snap of his lion's paw sent the dark blue unicorn flying.

“I have no choice...i must seek aid from the order!” Star Swirl thought to himself and magically disappeared in a flash of magic much to Discord's disappointment.

“You can't run forever old man! I will find you!” Discord roared at the top of his lungs flinging his arms up as he shouted these words.


END FLASHBACK

Stormhooves's mouth hung agape at this telling of Equestrian history he had never heard before before he regained his composure. But if I may be as bold to ask my lord, how were you defeated?” Stormhooves asked in the most polite manner he could muster.

“I grow bored of telling you this tale. If you still wish to know ask our resident Alicorn. I'm sure she could tell you more than I could. After all if you are so eager to learn she could tell you things I wasn't present to hear at the present time.” Discord said giving an over exaggerated yawn.

“Very well, I will ask the Alicorn.” Stormhooves replied and flew off in the direction of the local dungeons to which a certain greyish yellow colored Pegasus followed having heard this tale she wanted to hear the rest.

“When I’m back to normal I’m sure I’ll feel like telling her...nah! I'll just keep my mouth shut and let her stew in her own ignorance!” Fluttershy thought to herself with a light giggle.

“What do you want?” Luna asked in a resentful tone as Stormhooves walked into her cell meanwhile Fluttershy hid off to the side listening intently.

“I want to know...how you defeated Discord over fifty thousand years ago.” Stormhooves asked in a calm manner which caused the black Alicorn to give him and curiously look.

“That's quite the loaded question Stormhooves, and to request such a thing with Discord in the same location? Aren't you afraid of incurring his wrath?” Luna said with a coy grin still wondering why this black Pegasus would want to know such a tale.

“Discord has already informed me of much on Equestrian history including a interesting ted-bit about creatures who were once called humans. Perhaps you could shed some light on the events of the day this occurred and what lead to his defeat.” Stormhooves said which made the moon princess's eyes to widen in surprise.

“Heh, I never expected Merrick to be so open about his real past, least of all to a lowly solider such as yourself.” Luna replied at which point Stormhooves stood tall.

“You will address his lordship by his given name which is Discord! Or would like to spend the rest of your pitiful life on the moon?” Stormhooves said ina threatening tone at which point a glimmer of fear could be seen in the moon princess's eyes if only for a moment.

“Very well, I will tell you, but I warn you now. It is not a tale one so loyal to Discord would like to hear...”

FLASHBACK

“Sister what has happened to us?!” Luna asked in a panicked tone as she looked at herself in the mirror which reflected that of an Alicorn with a crescent moon marking on her flank.

“I haven't the slightest Luna. But what ever it is, this looks to be very dark magic at work.” Celestia replied looking about herself as more unicorns appeared in flashes of magic.

“Princesses of the order of magic Celestia and Luna now presiding. Please bow in respect to the founders of the order!” One unicorn exclaimed in a proper and regal to tone at which point every unicorn in the room bowed.

“Can you tell what has happened? What dark magic is at work? Can it be reversed?” One unicorn asked as among others asking similar if not the same questions.

“Please Calm yourselves. What matter of dark magic that is at work we do not know at the present time, but we are doing the best we can to shed light on the issue.” Celestia said raising a hoof as she said this to call for silence from the unicorns.

“I believe I can!” A voice echoed and shortly after a dark blue unicorn appeared in the room which everypony looked at him.

“Star Swirl the Bearded, what matter of information do you have on the brand of dark magic that has been cast upon us?” Luna asked looking over at the dark blue unicorn at which point Star Swirl made the spell book he had obtained from his battle with Discord earlier appear before the sisters.

“It is a spell without a name which was created for a single purpose. To change the world in a way to fit the creator's warped view of our world and grant him god like magical power.” Star Swirl said simply earning horrified gasps from everypony including the sisters.

“But who on earth would cast such a spell? The conditions and nature of this spell is beyond anything any Witch or Wizard in their right minds would ever attempt!” Celestia exclaimed in a shocked tone as she read over the contents of the spell and the instructions of how to cast it.

“My ex-student Merrick is such a Wizard. And he was clearly out of his mind and consumed for his lust for power when cast this spell.” Star Swirl replied earning yet another chorus of shocked gasps from everypony.

“Can it be reversed?” Luna asked in a hopeful tone.

“I'm afraid not. The nature of this spell was created in such a fashion that it could not be reversed, not even with your magical power combined could you accomplish such a feat.” Star Swirl replied followed by a heavy sigh.
“Then explain to me how a lowly rookie magician could ever hope to accomplish such a spell.” Celestia asked narrowing her eyes at Star Swirl.

“I implore not to suspect me of such an act, if you will grant me a little longer before you began to look at me with accusing eyes I will explain how this is possible.” Star Swirl said taking note of everypony's suspecting looks at him.

“I'm listening.” Celestia replied in a regal tone.

“The spell requires one at the prime of their youth and the desire to exact revenge upon the world which had shunned them. But not only does it require this two very fundamental things but it also requires them to have a lineage to the wizard who created the spell. And we all know of a single dark wizard in our time who had such a desire but he lacked the youth.” Star Swirl said which caused everypony to begin to mumble fearfully as if they were afraid to mention the name. “Yes, I am speaking of HIM, the Wizard who's name was one we all used to fear, Lord Blackthorn the reviled.” Star Swirl said at which point one female unicorn fainted upon hearing the name spoken.

“You mean to say, that Merrick is the long lost heir to Blackthorn's legacy?” Luna remarked in a shocked tone.

“I heard rumors that he had a son, but up till now I dared not to believe such things.” Celestia said giving a glance back down at the book then back at Star Swirl. “If what you say is true, then the world as we know has been forever changed. But what of Merrick?” Celestia asked curiously.

“He proved too powerful for me to be able to handle alone, what's more is that he now calls himself Discord the spirit of disharmony and chaos And rightly so, his form is that of a hydrocephalus now and his magic is far more greater than I had expected it to be and no spell I cast could seem to penetrate his defenses rather were repelled right back at me which did not make any sense because the spells I cast could not naturally be repelled due to their nature. In fact no wizard of witch alive today has been able to accomplish that feat till then.” Star Swirl replied earning yet another chorus of gasps.

“If you could not hope to defeat him than my sister and I stand little chance either unless we research the nature of his magic and find a way to counter it.” Luna said in a matter of fact tone.

“But that could take years! How are we supposed to fight against a force not even the regal sisters could hope to face and survive at this point and time?!” One unicorn exclaimed fearfully.

“We do not. I hereby decree that the order of magic shall go underground and dedicate all their time into researching and creating a way to counter Discord's magical power.” Celestia said which earned a chorus of gasps followed by murmuring. “Furthermore, any and all findings you happen to come a crossed shall be sent to me, my sister, or Star swirl the bearded. Refusal to do so shall label you a traitor to the order and henceforth viewed as the enemy.” Celestia said in a regal tone at which point everypony in the room bowed and disappeared in flashes of magic.


Date: 0110 N.E.(New Equestria)

By now it had become more than obvious that life extending magic was no longer needed by the Regal sisters as their new forms seemed to have bestowed this magic upon them naturally and at such a rate neither of them seemed to age at all. Star Swirl and many other unicorns had to cast such magic upon themselves ten times over by now and the effects of repeated castings were clearly seen on Star Swirl's face as he sneaked past one of Discord's army camps which was filled with ponies who had been turned into mindless slaves thanks to his cursed water he called “Chocolate rain”. The use of magic such as teleporting now at days was avoided due to Discord's magical power increasing in such a fashion that he was able to sense it all over Equestria which he had renamed the world shortly after coming to power all over the world.

“What news do you have for us Star Swirl the bearded?” Celestia asked curiously as the dark blue unicorn phased through the magical wall and appeared before them.

“I am happy top report that after decades of research me and the remaining members of the order have created a way to defeat Discord once and for all.” Star Swirl said with a proud smile and dumped the contents of his saddle packs onto the table which were of several glittering gems.

“What are these?” Luna asked curiously.

“We have fondly named them, The Elements of Harmony. They represent everything Discord does not and when used together create a magic that not even he can counter but we all realized that only two Alicorns such as yourselves could tap into their true potential. Lowly unicorns such as myself lack the raw magical power you both posses when you combine your magics.” Star Swirl replied with a smile.

“So what does each stone represent?” Celestia asked curiously.

“Honesty, Laughter, Generosity, Kindness, and Loyalty.” Star Swirl replied pointing to each gem as he spoke their name.

“And what of this one?” Luna asked pointing to the gem which was shaped different than the rest. It was a brilliantly purple star shaped gem which glistened with a warm glow.

“That Princess is the most important element of them all. The one that ties all the elements together. It is the element of magic itself. These six elements represent the magic of friendship, with these six elements your combined power can defeat Discord.” Star Swirl said beaming proudly for the first time in decades.

“Is there any requirements to be able to use them?” Celestia asked curiously.

“Unfortunately there is, in order to tap into each element you must represent in the it most definitive sense of that element. But as luck would have it, you and your sister combined represent every element so you should have no trouble in using them.” Star Swirl replied.

“Very well, please inform all remaining members of the order to meet outside of Discord's castle within the hour. It is time to put an end to Discord's reign once and for all.” Celestia said standing up.

“Of course, I will do so with post haste princess.” Star Swirl replied and disappeared in a flash of magic.

---------------------

“Don't kill the ones with glowing red eyes, they are not responsible for their own actions!” Celestia's voice boomed as war broke out within Discord's castle as spells and hooves collided within the halls.

Many hours into the battle however Discord finally showed himself. “Enough of this!” Discord's voice boomed and with a snap of his claw an eruption of magic shot forth from the ground which evaporated his own forces and the Regal Princess's alike leaving only a mere few left alive on each side having been able to barely avoid the blast.

Star Swirl the bearded was among these few. “Enough of this foolishness Merrick! We now posses the power to defeat! But it does not have to be this way! If you surrender now we can lessen your punishment and work toegther towards a better as you call it, Equestria!” Star Swirl exclaimed looking at Discord now not with eyes of fury but of concern for his student.

“You still haven't changed old man. You still hold a soft spot for your old student. Well here's a new flash for you in case you missed it as it shown itself to you blatantly right before your ignorant eyes. Merrick is dead! There is only Discord now!” Discord exclaimed as he disappeared in a flash of magic and before anypony could react thrust his claw into Star Swirl's chest causing him to gasp out in horror before being thrown to the other side of the castle hall like a rag doll and land on the ground barely alive as his own blood began to pool under him.

“Now then, with that blundering foal out of the way, why don't you show these means of my defeat.” Discord said with a cruel grin.

“Discord, we offer you one last chance at redemption. Surrender now and no harm shall come to you, however if you continue this we will be forced to use the elements of harmony against you!” Luna exclaimed in a fierce tone.

“Hold on, did you call your ace in the hole, the elements....-snicker-..of harmony? Bwahahahaa! Oh that's rich! I haven't had a laugh like that in decades!” Discord exclaimed as he floated in midair clutching his sides as he laughed loudly before he stopped abruptly and conjured a bulls-eye target on his chest. “I'll even give you one free shot on the house before I destroy you both.” Discord said with a wicked grin.

“Are you ready sister?” Celestia asked looking to the moonlight princess who nodded.

“yes.” She replied simply at which point both Alicorns began to float into the air. Momenrs after this each element of harmony magically appeared around them. The elements of “Generosity, Honesty, and Kindness began to float above Celestia while the elements of Laughter and Loyalty began to float above Luna. The elements began to glow brightly and moments later short forth several beams of magical light contrasting the gem's color directly above and in between the two sisters pooling together. This magic continued to pool until it flashed with a blinding light upon which the final element appeared in the between them, the element of magic.

Discord's expression changed from cocky to slightly worried at this point. He had never seen magic such as this before and the very nature of this magic was pure and began to fill him with a deep sense of fear. “You foals! You can never defeat me!” Discord exclaimed angrily taking back is earlier statement of giving the two Alicorns a free shot firing a beam of his own magic at them however this magic was halted just short of the Regal sisters disappearing upon impact with a magical shield that seemed to appear from nowhere.
This if anything scared the hydrocephalus even more so as he used both claw and lion's paw now firing a even greater beam of magic at the sisters only for that one to be dispelled upon impact with the magical shield as well.

“N-No! Th-This cannot be!” Discord exclaimed in a fearful tone as he focused all the magical power he had into one powerful beam which hit the shield however this time it wasn't dispelled upon impact with the shield but it did not penetrate it either.


“This is it! Are you ready sister?!” Celestia exclaimed as she felt the magic reaching it's peak in power.

“Yes! Lets end Discord's reign once and for all!” Luna exclaimed in reply at which point both Luna and Celestia's eyes began to glow brightly with a white light and moments later a multicolored beam of magic shot forth from the element of magic which could be described as nothing other than a rainbow and sailed at Discord canceling off his magic as it barreled down upon him.

“This cannot be! I am immortal! Nothing can defeat me! ” Discord's voice exclaimed as the magic swirled around him and soon enveloped him in it. Discord felt his body begin to harden and all too late realized he was being petrified from the feet up. “Noooooooooooooooooo!” Discord roared until his head was turned to stone at which point the statue version of him fell to the ground with a loud thud.

-----------------

“I had hoped to be rid of him once and for all, but I suppose something called the elements of harmony would not kill him.” Celestia remarked as she stood up wearily after the magic dissipated from around her and Luna.

“I can fix that!” Luna said as she magically levitated Discord's statue and let it drop from very high up only for Celestia to stop it from hitting the ground.

“Sister! We can not do that. For if we did, we would be no better than Discord!” Celestia exclaimed and gently set the statue down.

“Then what do you propose we do when the magic wears off?” Luna replied with a annoyed look.

“As long as we continue to represent the elements of harmony he will stay like this for all time.” Celestia replied simply.

“When you say it like that, destroying him might be doing him a favor.” Luna replied sourly.

“Perhaps in time he will feel remorse for his actions and maybe we can release him one day.” Celestia replied with a smile.

END FLASHBACK

“And the rest is Equestrian history. As you know me and my sister were crowned rulers of Equestria. And you know the rest.” Luna replied having finished her tale.

“A very intriguing tale...” Stormhooves remarked with a hoof on his chin looking deep in thought.
“Booorring!” Fluttershy's voice erupted from behind them much to Stormhooves and Luna's shock. “Oh well, maybe Twilight would be interested in hearing such a dull history lesson, I might tell her when I get back to her...or not.” Fluttershy said with a cruel grin.

“What are you doing down here for?!” Stormhooves exclaimed angrily.

It was time for Fluttershy to give her signal to the others as she took a deep breath. “You're....GOING...TO...LOVE ME!” Fluttershy roared at the top of her lungs which shook the entire dungeon halls and just about everypony within the castle heard it not to mention Twilight and the others outside who took this as their cue to charge in.

“Remember! We save the princesses and get our flanks out of here! Nothing more! Got it?!” Twilight exclaimed as she used her magic to throw several ponies in all directions.

“Crystal Clear, sugarcube!” Applejack exclaimed as she reared up and bucked several solider ponies which flew through the door. Meanwhile Discord was down in the dungeons having heard Fluttershy's loud voice.

“What in the name of all things disharmony and chaos is happening down here?!” Discord exclaimed as he appeared only to see Fluttershy whom was pounding the living snot out of Stormhooves.

Fluttershy turned around to see Discord gave a cruel smile before she swiftly bucked Stormhooves at Discord before he could react effectively knocking them both into the dungeon walls stunned. “Get your royal ass up and lets the hell outta here!” Fluttershy exclaimed in a rude tone much to the Moon princess's shock but she did so non-the-less magically undoing the chains around her and quickly followed Fluttershy up the stairs which lead to the main halls of the castle.

“You came to rescue us? But you've been discorded! How are you able to think on your own without his influence?!” Luna asked in a shocked tone as she followed the yellow Pegasus into the halls.

“Ask the know-it-all egghead that after we get out of here! Your royal dunceship!” Fluttershy exclaimed in her same rude tone as they met up with the other three.

“Where's the flightless wonder?” Fluttershy asked in a snooty tone.

“She watching over Pinkie Pie, Discord's Chocolate rain has warped her mind somehow and she's not who she was.” Twilight replied as she swiftly ejected several ponies away from her.

“Figures. That stupid fluff-brained twit couldn't use that cotton-candy ball in her head she calls a brain to not drink something made by that guy!” Fluttershy exclaimed and looking around.

“So where's the other royal pain in our flanks?” Fluttershy asked looking around.

“Ah'm goin to assume you are meanin Princess Celestia?” Applejack replied still put off by her rude attitude.

“Who else would I be talking about apples for brains? Star Swirl the bearded?!” Fluttershy replied rudely followed by a tongue sticking out gesture.

“Just take everything she says with a grain of salt girls, we all know Fluttershy isn't herself right now and she doesn't mean a word she has said.” Twilight replied noticing Rarity's and Applejack's annoyed expressions.

“Yeah, you heard what the egghead said, now lets get the hell out of here before I regret helping you foals!” Fluttershy exclaimed which despite her words Twilight flash her an annoyed glare before charging down the hallways towards Celestia's statue.

“Get off me you dimwit!” Discord exclaimed ejecting Stormhooves off of him with a burst of magic sending the black Pegasus flying like a rag doll into the wall a crossed from them then promptly noticed Luna was missing. “Scootaloo!” Discord roared snapping his lion's paw which caused the greyish orange Pegasus to appear next to him. “We have a big problem that is your fault. I expect you fix this...NOW!” Discord said in a calm tone with his claw and lion's paw clasped before before his expression suddenly changed to pissed off and flung both arms to his sides as he roared his final word at the Pegasus causing her hair to flail in the sheer brute force of his voice before she promptly took off up the stairs.

“I think we're in the clear darlings!” Rarity exclaimed in a happy tone as Applejack gave a look behind herself to see Scootaloo flying at them at breakneck speed.

“Y'all may want to be rethinkin that statement Rarity. Cause we we got ourselves a might big problem flyin our way!” Applejack exclaimed at which point Luna, Rarity, and Twilight gave a glance behind themselves to see Scootaloo.

“I'll handle this!” Luna exclaimed stopping to turn around for a brief moment before conjuring a magical barrier which Scootaloo stopped just short of with a panicked expression on her face before looking at the Moon Princess who looked at her.

In that same moment the two stared at one another seemingly knowing exactly what each other was thinking or at least that's how it seemed. However as quickly as this moment came it past seemingly in an instant. As Luna turned about face and followed the others.

Discord appeared a few minuets later to see Luna magically teleport the group to safety in a flash of magic at which point Scootaloo ears flattened as she turned around to look at Discord fearfully.

However instead of yelling at the Pegasus he simply pointed a finger at the barrier behind which shattered instantly very loudly scaring Scootaloo out of her wits as she made a sudden panicked upward climb so sooner she heard the shattering sound and remained stationary panting heavily as her heart seemed to threaten to explode out of her chest as it was beating so fast and furiously. Discord turned his gaze upward towards her and glared at her for a few moments before turning around and walking inside without another word.

“Ugh, that was so lame of me!” Scootaloo said facehoofing with a groan before she slowly descended and flew inside. She mare was careful to avoid Discord however for fear of him actually doing something cruel to her because of her failure to stop them...