• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 431 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Over - Rainbrit Dash



After being away from her friends for awhile, Rainbow is faced with the challenge of earning back the strong friendships she once had. Will she be able to get things back to the way they used to be, or will her pride get the best of her?

  • ...
 4
 431

2


Just moments after taking off, Rainbow found herself sulking in a tree in Sweet Apple Acres. She got there quicker than usual, so either she'd gotten a lot faster since she was last in Ponyville, or her resentment towards Pinkie was really causing her to push her limits. Either way, there she was, back in her old napping spot. This was always one of Rainbow's favorite spots in all of Ponyville; she'd never tell anypony, but even the most daring pony in all of Equestria sometimes needed some time to just relax. It was always nice, peaceful, and quiet. And since it was directly in the middle of Sweet Apple Acres, she could usually go completely undisturbed! She liked that about it. But due to her situation with Pinkie, she was in no mood to relax. Instead, she just needed somewhere quiet so she could think.

Why didn't she tell me?... Am I just that unimportant to her now?? I mean, sure I've been busy...but what kind of excuse is that!? This is BIG.

Rainbow continued to think.

In fact....NOPONY has been telling me things!! What's up with THAT!? I've hardly heard a word from any of them since the last Wonderbolt show they went to, half a year ago! I mean, I suppose that's partially my fault, but...

She paused.

No. What am I saying?! I told them I was back, and they didn't even try to contact me at all up until now! And the only one who ever DID show up was Pinkie!! I have no reason to believe it was even slightly my fault! ...But, I could have visited them.

Rainbow was feeling very conflicted, and confused. Her mind was flooded. So flooded that her thoughts began to overflow, their escape point being her mouth.

"Uuugh! Why did I even come back here in the first place!?!?"

"Uhh...Rainbow, is that you?" Rainbow heard a familiar voice coming from the base of the tree.

Rainbow looked down to find a concerned Applejack looking up at her.

"Yes, yes it is." Rainbow said, a bit of attitude leaking from her voice.

"Oh, it IS you!" Applejack said with excitement, making it clear that she hadn't noticed Rainbow's light snap of tone. "Get down here and gimme a hug!"

Rainbow couldn't help but smile at that, and flew down to accept her offer.

"Care to come with me back to the barn? We've got some nice, hot apple pie just waitin' to be eaten!"

"Oh, uhh..sure!" Rainbow said, as she trotted beside Applejack, ready to eat some nice, hot apple pie.

* * *

"So, would that be one slice or two?" Applejack asked as Rainbow took a seat next to Applebloom, who was nearly a full-grown mare at this point.

"Two, thanks! I'm STARVING!"

"Heh, alright Rainbow! Would you like any, Applebloom?"

"Huh?" Applebloom said, looking up from the table her head had been resting on since who knows how long before they got to Applejack's.

"...Would ya like some apple pie?" Applejack said, a concerned look on her face.

"Ah, nah.. thanks, though. Not feelin' too hungry."

"That's what you've been saying for the past three days! You've gotta eat somethin'!"

"AH'M NOT HUNGRY, APPLEJACK!" Applebloom stormed out, and slammed her bedroom door, causing Applejack to flinch.

"What was THAT about?" Rainbow gave Applejack a curious look.

Applejack sighed, "Applebloom's been mighty upset lately, 'cause of some stuff between she and Scootaloo. Not really sure what it is, though.. She won't tell me."

"Aw, that's rough." Rainbow said, her mouth full of pie.

"Yeah, I just hope she and Scootaloo get things worked out soon." Applejack shook her head, "I don't know how much longer Applebloom can go without eating... or how long Ah can go, for that matter!.. But anyways, how have things been for you?"

"They've been alright. Pinkie visited me today."

"Oh? How'd that go?"

Rainbow began to think again about how nopony had visited her in all the time she'd been in Ponyville, and she grew rather bitter about it again.

"Eh."

"Eh?.. What the hay is that supposed to mean?" Applejack raised an eyebrow.

She was this close, THIS CLOSE to bringing it up. Bringing EVERYTHING up. But Applejack had been very nice to give her that pie, and she seemed to be having enough going on at home as it was. So instead, she just said,

"It just could have gone better. But hey, I've actually got to get going."

"Oh. Alright, Rainbow!.. Have a good one!"

And with that, she flew out the door.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony! Sorry for taking so long to get this out!
Stuff happened and things.

Comments ( 1 )

Amazing!!! Watch the things I told you about and all that and this will be perfect!!! :raritywink: It's really amazing and i think this could be a really awesome fic...it is so far!!! :twilightsmile: :yay: :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment