• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 626 Views, 8 Comments

Pinkie Promises - EurekaStorm



Pinkie Pie must save her friends from their opposites, the bringers of imbalance. Trixie, along with the new elements of victory, must fight to save Equestria and the elements of harmony. Can Pinkie prevail without her ability to laugh?

  • ...
4
 8
 626

Chapter Two: Part One: Trixie's Tale

Author's Note:

In case you're wondering, there IS a chapter one, part two. It deals with the CMC during the funeral, trying to get Scootaloo to pull herself together enough to go. I've been having a bit of trouble writing it out, (I have summaries written of every chapter so far, so I have what's going to happen planned out.) Once I finish writing it, I will put it in the correct order, but at this point, it doesn't matter if you read this or that part first. They're all happening at about the same time. Thanks!

“Mama! Mama! No!” A little blue unicorn was frantically trying to pull herself out of her father’s levitation spell. She was putting all her strength into running back towards her mother, but she only seemed to be moving farther away.

“Oh, Trixie, I’m so sorry…” Her mother began to cry, so she turned her head.

“Why Mama? I don’t WANT to go!” The little filly shouted.

“Well, you have to!” A male voice said sternly from behind the little one.
“I have been telling you for weeks, Trixie! You and your sister are coming with me to train!”

“MAMA! Please! Don’t make me go!” But Trixie could no longer see her mother.

Even if her mother had wanted to stop all this, she knew she couldn’t. She had known when she first decided to have foals with this stallion. He came from a long line of Great and Powerful unicorns and wasn’t afraid to brag about it. But, at least he could back up everything he said.

However, Trixie felt instantly betrayed by her mother. She was still a very young filly and couldn’t understand why her mother had just sat there. Hadn’t she seen how badly she was crying? Hadn’t she heard her BEG not to go?

“Don’t worry, Trixie, it’ll be alright.” An older, but much darker blue unicorn nuzzled the smaller one.
“We’re going to learn magic! It’s going to be fun!”

“It is NOT going to be fun!” Their father said, still dragging Trixie along with magic.
“It’s going to be work! I want to make my two daughters into something my family will be proud of.”


+++++++++++++++++++


“TRIXIE! TRIXIEEEEE! Ugh, Where IS that sister of yours?!”

“Over there!”

In the middle of a gathering crowd of ponies sat Trixie, now slightly older than the filly who had cried for her mother years ago. She sat staring onto the stage that now lit up the center of town, stars in her eyes. A stallion was on stage with a cape and large hat, doing feats of magic that were, more or less, pretty simple, but making a fun show out of it! Everytime he finished a trick, Trixie would clap her hooves together enthusiastically. When he asked for a volunteer from the audience, Trixie raised her hoof in the air, pleading.

“Oooh! ME! Me me me! Pick Trixie!”

“Alright, YOU! The excited unicorn filly! Did you say your name was Trixie?”

“Eeeee!” Trixie gushed and ran as fast as she could onstage.
“Yes, sir, my name is Trixie!”

“What a wonderful name! And you are simply perfect for my next trick…”

Her father stood in the back of the crowd, rolling his eyes at the nonsense he was watching. He had thought he was teaching his daughters better than to get so wrapped up in something like this! Everyone knew show ponies were just average magicians that liked to put on a show for attention. He wanted to rip his daughter off that stage and show the audience what REAL magic could do! But instead he watched patiently as the stallion on stage “made Trixie disappear”.

After the show, Trixie could not stop talking about the show. She had loved everything, even if almost all the tricks the stallion had done were easy and she had seen her sister do many times, but it was HOW he did the tricks. How he acted and the presentation and how he had made Trixie feel so special. Trixie never got the love and attention she so desperately wanted from her father, all he ever made her do was practice magic and scold her. And now was time for another scolding.

“Trixie, what that pony was doing on stage today, it was just… entertainment magic. I understand to a young filly like you it may have seemed rather exciting and extravagant, but it isn’t. Listen, please try to forget that show. I’m glad you enjoyed yourself, but we have a lot to focus on here. Every unicorn in my family is born with a very special magic inside of them, a magic that is unique to only them. I’m trying to train you so you can awaken that magic and be somepony! Do you understand me, Trixie? No more entertainment magic, ok?”

“Oh…okay.” Trixie looked at the ground, feeling rather dejected.

“That’s a good girl, now let’s go practice, come on.”

But Trixie did NOT forget about the show she had seen. She never got any praise from her father and her magic was nowhere near as good as her sister’s. She was constantly getting yelled at and she tended to only be good at magic that would help her put on her own show.

She couldn’t stop her desire to want to perform. When she felt ready and set everything up perfectly and in secret, she decided to put on her OWN show. The last thing she needed was a costume. Carrying a box of all her tricks, she stopped into a clothing store.

“Excuse me, but, uh, I’m going to put on a magic show today!” She said to the mare behind the counter.

“Is that so? And what can I help you with, little miss?” She giggled at how cute the little filly was.

“I need an outfit! Something…I don’t know, MAGICAL!”

“Hmmm, I think I have just the thing…”

She went into the back as Trixie waited, looking around at all the different clothing hanging around her. When the mare came back out, she had a purple cape covered with stars and a long wizard hat to go along with it.

“Oh! It’s PERFECT! Thank you!” Trixie shouted, running up to try the ensemble on. The store clerk smiled as the filly pranced around in front of the mirror, feeling on top of the world.

“Oh, um, how much?” She asked.

“Well, I’m afraid that may be a little too expensive for you, but how about this? You just give me however much you have and give me an invitation to your show!”

“Oh, REALLY? Thank you, miss! Here!” Trixie threw a bag of bits onto the counter and smiled.
“The show is this afternoon! In the center of town!”

At that, the blue unicorn trotted out of the store, happy as could be with her new outfit. The store clerk’s assistant snorted as he walked over to her.

“That’s just cold.” He said to her.

“Hey, the store’s not doing too well, I needed the bits!”

“We were going to throw that old set in the trash! It wasn’t worth half the bits that filly gave you!”

“Oh be quiet, it was worth it to her.”

“You’re not even going to that show, are you?”

++++++++++++++++++


Trixie was rubbing her hooves together and suddenly felt very nervous. A large crowd had shown up in the center of town after she had made a few hastily drawn posters for her magic show. Drips of sweat were running down her face. But, she had to do SOMETHING, there were way too many ponies out there to back out now. She took a deep breath and jumped onto her small stage, made out of cardboard boxes.

“FILLIES AND GENTLECOLTS! MARES AND STALLIONS! PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR THE ONE AND ONLY…. TRRRRRIXIEEEEE!!!”

The audience pounded their hooves on the ground and hooted and hollered. This made Trixie grin and gave her that warm fuzzy feeling she had felt the first time she’d ever seen a show. She was getting the love and adoration she always wanted!

Unbeknownst to Trixie, her father was watching from the very back. He had followed the young filly all day, suspecting something was up, and now he was glad he had. His own daughter, trying to be a common showmare! The show was coming to a close and it had gone surprising well. The audience was stomping their hooves at every trick Trixie performed and they all went without a hitch, better than they had ever gone while he had been training her. But, then something truly unexpected happened. After her final trick, making a member of the audience disappear, Trixie’s flank’s began to shine. All of a sudden, a cutie mark appeared! This made the audience react even more and even little Trixie could not keep in her excitement at that. The only person that wasn’t happy about it was her father, who lowered his head.

As Trixie began to happily pack up her things, her father waited for the crowd to completely disperse. Then he walked up to his daughter. She turned around upon feeling somepony behind her. Trixie gasped.

“Daddy?”

He didn’t say a word, just stared down at her.

“Daddy!” A smile spread on the blue filly’s face.
“I got my cutie mark! Aren’t you proud?”

Again, her father said nothing.

“You should’ve seen my show! I Everypony loved-“

“LAUGHED, you mean.”

“Yeah! And… uh, what?” Trixie’s smiled faded.

“Everypony was laughing at you.” He said.
“You did nothing but embarrass yourself up there! And the fact that you got a cutie mark for that garbage! Of all the things! An entertainer’s cutie mark! Come on, we’re going home.”

“But, Dad, that’s not what happened at all-“

“I said we’re GOING HOME.”

Trixie grabbed her box and walked in silence behind her father. She wasn’t sure what had went wrong, she had thought everything went perfectly. She was even excited to see her father there, even though she initially wanted to hide it from him. It had gone so well, she thought, that there was no way he couldn’t be proud of her! Boy was she ever wrong. When they got to the place they called home, Trixie’s older sister was waiting at the door. Trixie went to walk inside, but her father stopped her.

“No, I’m done teaching you anything.” He said.

“What… what do you mean?” Trixie and her sister asked in unison.

“I’ve thought about it and I’m no longer going to train you. You are a lost cause as far as I’m concerned. You made your choice today, that cutie mark has sealed your fate. If you want to be laughed at for a living, go ahead! But it won’t be under MY roof!”

“But, I have nowhere to go!” The filly was starting to cry.

“You made your choice. You will never be great or powerful!”

“But everypony LOVED my show! They weren’t laughing at me!”

“LOVED it? Ha! Nopony loves you.”

“Dixie does! Dixie loves me! Right? Right, sis? Tell Dad! Tell Dad you’re on my side!” Trixie shouted, now looking at her older sister.

She looked sadly up toward her father, then toward her little sister. Then, not wanting to make her father angry, she said nothing and looked at the ground.

“DIXIE!” Trixie’s eyes began to fill with tears.

“You see? Now take your magic tricks and go!” He then turned and walked back into the house. After he was far enough inside, Dixie looked at her sister.

“Trixie, if you would just take learning magic seriously, Dad would let you come back, I know it!” She whispered.

Trixie glared at her sister, now being betrayed yet again by somepony she loved.

“I’m NEVER coming back! NEVERRRRR!” She grabbed her box with magic and ran around the house. “I AM GREAT AND POWERFUL! I WILL BE LOVED! YOU’LL SEE!” She shouted as she ran around the house and then took off down the road, leaving her sister sitting there with ears drooped.

++++++++++++++++++++

Trixie grew up fast living on her own. Although she enjoyed performing, after a while she wasn’t exactly gaining all the love and affection she thought she would. Quickly, her show was becoming ‘overdone’ and ‘seen before’. After overhearing all the attention a young stallion received after saving some young foals from a manticore, she got an idea…

“And, well, you know the rest after that,” Trixie said, looking up sadly at Twilight.

She had came to the library after everypony had left the funeral. Before Twilight could even ask what she wanted, Trixie had broke out with her story, leaving Twilight a bit speechless. She had not expected that from a pony that sounded so… arrogant all the time!

But, on the other hoof, that does explain it… She thought.

“And when I came here with the alicorn amulet,” Trixie started again.
“I hadn’t planned on kicking you out! I just wanted to show you that I could be strong, too! See, I was…jealous of what you had with all your friends.”

“Jealous? But, Trixie-“

“I just wanted to be loved, too! That was the real reason for coming! But that amulet messed with my head. Although, I’m sure you could still see my real intentions deep down, I mean, I did make the whole town kind of worship me…” She looked down at the ground, embarrassed.

“Oh, Trixie, I think I understand now. But, you didn’t come all the way here just to explain yourself after all these years, did you?”

Trixie shook her head, but before she could answer, Twilight answered for her.

“You want me to teach you about friendship, don’t you?”

Trixie nodded. Twilight giggled for the first time since her friend’s death.

“Yeah, I think I could do that.”

“Oh, really, Twilight?” Trixie beamed at her new friend.
“I want to be a REAL showmare, one that brings entertainment, not brags.”

“Sure. Where are you staying, by the way? I know-“

“Trixie doesn’t have anywhere to stay!” She interrupted Twilight for the second time today.
“Trixie was wondering if she…if…”

“If you could stay here?”

Again, Trixie nodded meekly. Twilight sighed.

“Yes, I’m sure that will be fine. Where are your things?”

“In my cart, outside of town. I’ll go get it!” She runs to the door, smiling.
“Oh, hey, wait, where does that pink friend of yours live?”

“You mean Pinkie Pie? A-at Sugar Cube Corner, why?”

“I want to thank her…”

Comments ( 4 )

:ajsleepy: reminds me of elementary, with every thing im good at being trash to every one but my family only with this story it is reverse:fluttershyouch:

Pixie then? Ok, you got my attention :trixieshiftleft:

This is sad so far, but very good!:twilightsmile:

Already got me hooked just from summary.:moustache:

Login or register to comment