• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 479 Views, 3 Comments

Moonlight Descent - Xeron



Luna has been back from the moon for a few weeks now. Her sister thinks that everything is fine with her now that Nightmare moon is gone but everything, is not quite as it seems.

  • ...
 3
 479

The Worst Nightmare

Luna was running once again. Hooves pounding the ground over and over. Fear coursing through her like the blood in her body. This was worse than all the other dreams. In the others she would run but nothing would truly chase her, just an apparition in the shape of her terror. But this... this was real. She could feel the ground beneath her hooves, could taste the salt from her tears as they ran down her face. Could smell her hunter's intoxicating scent... This wasn't a bad dream, this was a nightmare. A real nightmare.

"Luuuuunaaaaa." Her assailant sung out. "Why are you still running? Wouldn't you like to rest with me? I'll be sure to help you relax." The dark voice started to break out in laughter. It seemed to come from all directions, Luna thought she could even hear it in her mind.

"Awww, you look so tired. Why don't you stop and rest a while?"

Luna wanted to resist. She wanted to ignore the voice and its beautiful rings, to just keep on running, but she couldn't. Her legs seemed to work on a will of their own, and her body began to slow down. She went from running to a dead stop in seconds.

"Good Luna, good..."

That voice was so close now, it seemed like it was nearly upon her. But try as she might Luna couldn't escape the thrall she was under. The voice was so soothing...so hypnotizing. She would be mad not to obey. But just because her body couldn't resist that didn't mean her mind couldn't. Unfortunately for her, said mind was to rampant with terror for her to make a difference.

She saw a wisp of her blue ethereal hair, a strand closing in and stroking Luna's face ever so softly, leaving a tingling warmth were it left. Then the rest of the nightmare came into view, grinning lovingly with half-lidded eyes twinkling seductively. It was the mare of her darkest nightmares and her sickest dreams. Nightmare moon. Her coat deep black and seemingly composed of shadows. Her waving mane, stars shining softly inside it. And her beautiful teal eyes, mesmerizing and deceitful.

"It's been a long time, hasn't it Luna." The nightmare's voice rang out from inside Luna's head.

"You thought you were rid of me." Nightmare moon started circling Luna, her hair sliding over her fur gently, moving her into a state of forced tranquil. "You thought I was gone forever. Like a nightmare that you wake up from. Once it's over, it's over. That's what you thought."

Nightmare moon stopped in front of Luna again, their faces nearly touching. Her warm breath enveloping Luna.

"I'm sorry to tell you that it's not quite that easy."

Luna's mind was in two parts at this point. One side of her was in complete terror at the situation she was in. It wanted nothing more than to wake up and run away. To find her sister and tell her everything. But the other side was under the nightmares entrancing spell. It wanted to stay in the dream. To give in to Nightmare Moon's seductions. To let itself be taken. Willingly.

Nightmare Moon grinned. She could see the inner turmoil in the young princesses eyes. But it wouldn't be long now, soon Luna would lose all will to resist, and then she could do whatever she pleased to her. The nightmare licked its lips hungrily, tongue running sensually over pearl white fangs. She had waited for this moment, the moment when she could punish Luna for every insubordinate act. Every defiant little push that lead to her defeat. She may not have been able to posses Luna anymore, but she could certainly make her suffer.

Nightmare Moons grin widened. "We're going to have so much fun together. I can already imagine how much you're going to love me making you scream."

Nightmare Moon whispered the last part directly in Luna's ear, eliciting a shiver from the night princess.

"Please..." The nightmare ran her tongue down Luna's neck, leaving a hot trail down to the divet of her throat. "Please stop..."

Nightmare Moon backed away, shocked that Luna was able to say anything related to resisting her. But then her grin returned tenfold. It would be even funner this way, if Luna tried to fight it.

"Please leave me alone." Luna begged. "Please..."

Nightmare Moon just threw her head back and laughed. It was adorable watching Luna beg, this was going to be even more fun than she imagined. She nuzzled Luna, still giggling slightly.

"Yes Luna, beg me to stop. Don't you worry, before the end of this you'll be begging for more." The nightmare promised.

Suddenly the world seemed to shake, like an earthquake but with no real movement, just an image sliding back and forth.

Nightmare Moon hissed at the sky angrily. "Damn it Celestia! Why must you insist on ruining my fun! Oh well." She looked back down to Luna. "Don't you worry Luna, I'll be waiting for you right here. After all, you have to go back to sleep sometime. And then, there will be no interruptions. There will be no one to save you."

The last thing Luna heard before being thrust into the waking world was Nightmare Moons laugh, dark and promising.

Luna groaned and blearily cracked her eyes open, but was unable to focus on anything. Why did it seem like the whole world was shaking? And what was that noise? It almost sounded like her name...

"Luna! Come on Luna wake up. Please!"

"C-Celestia?" Luna bewilderingly asked, her throat hoarse and dry.

"Yes!" Celestia cried out with joy. "You're awake! You were thrashing around so much and I was getting so worried. Are you okay? What happened in that dream?"

Luna had to carefully plan her next words. Should she tell her sister or not? If she didn't tell her, then Luna would have to face her nightmares alone, and who knew how long she would be able to last, when Nightmare Moon seemed to be growing in power every night. But if she did tell Celestia...would she help, or would she go to extremes. She wouldn't do that. Luna confidently reassured herself. But... as soon as she thought that her confidence suddenly melted away. She couldn't shake the feeling in her that telling Celestia would be a bad idea. Despite how much she wanted to confess. What to do, what to do...

"Luna?" Celestia asked expectantly.

Luna bit her lip nervously before responding. She made her decision.

"I...I don't remember what the dream was about. As soon as you woke me it all faded away..." Why do I keep lying to her? Luna thought miserably. What keeps pushing me to do this?

"Oh, well I suppose that's for the best. With the way you were crying it must have been horrible. I certainly wouldn't want to remember it." Celestia admitted.

"Yes...for the best...." Luna repeated, gazing off into the air, looking at nothing.

"Well." She started. "I need to go get cleaned up." Again... "I'll see you later then sister?"

Celestia looked a little surprised that she was practically being told to leave, but a moment after her smile was back on her. "Of course Luna. See you tonight."


Once Celestia had exited her sisters room her facade dropped, and a deep frown took residence on her face. Luna had lied to her. She could tell before the words even came out of her little sisters mouth. She saw it in her eyes. Luna remembered exactly what happened in the nightmare, but decided to lie about it. Why? Why would she lie to me about something like that? Was she ashamed of having to admit she had a nightmare? Or is it something else... Celestia couldn't figure it out, and, besides confronting Luna about it, she had no way to find out. She was also reluctant to force her sister to tell her. Anything that Luna would rather lie about rather than tell Celestia must have been either extremely important, or deeply personal.

Their relationship had been strained thus far as it was. Celestia forcing herself into her sisters matters might destroy all the progress she had made. Or worse. She had pushed Luna past breaking before, unleashing a nightmare upon the world, and she refused to do such a thing again. For Luna's mental sake if nothing else.

Oh, this would be so much easier if Luna would just tell her what was wrong. It didn't matter what it was about. Celestia wouldn't judge.

"Luna... what could you be hiding from me?" Celestia said out loud. Deep in thought.

"Excuse me, you highness?"

Celestia had to fight back the urge to jump in surprise when she heard that. She looked behind her to find her Royal Planner, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"What could you possibly want?" She asked irritably.

"Well you see," He said, pulling out a long scroll Celestia recognized to be her schedule. "Due to some recent...events...we will have to modify your schedule again."

"Events?" Celestia asked, confused as to what happened. "What events?"

"Your ladyship has not heard?" Her planner asked, shocked.

"No, now tell me." She demanded. This had better be good if I'm going to have to sit through making a new schedule.

"The governor of New Mareshire, the one supposed to arrive this afternoon, was attacked on the road here, not too far away actually."

Celestia's jaw dropped in shock, a pony being attacked? And so close to Canterlot? That didn't make sense!

"What was it, bandits?" She managed out after a moment of loss.

"No my lady, it was a hydra."

"A hydra?!" She virtually screeched. "Why hadn't I been informed of this before!?"

"I believe the reason was none of the guards could locate you."

Celestia blushed for just a moment before turning serious. A hydra? Attacking a pony outside of the Everfree? Monsters never just stumbled out of the Everfree like that, much less to attack a pony on a often traveled road. This was something she absolutely needed to investigate. To Tartarus with the schedule. This news had just taken priority.

"I apologize, but this news must be followed up on. I'm afraid that everything on my schedule will have to be postponed for now."

The planner looked like he was going to protest, but seemed to think better of it and simply nodded in confirmation.

Celestia left with a brisk pace towards the military center. Mind set on what she had to do.

I just wonder if this day can get any worse.

Author's Note:

HAIL HYDRA!!!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment