• Published 31st Jan 2014
  • 438 Views, 6 Comments

A Night of Rain, Lightning and, of Course Pony Cuddles - pegasistershorty



An O.C. and Flutters meet and start a budding relationship.

  • ...
14
 6
 438

Only Chapter

Gold Rush P.O.V.
There was a boom outside as the sound wave hit his ears. Although he couldn't see the lightning he felt another bolt of light run down his coat. Luna’s moon would’ve hung high in the air had weather patrol not scheduled ANOTHER cold rain.
Either way, he was going to curl up next to the fire and nurse his broken leg and think about the mare he had heard so much about. She was a creamy yellow with a soft pink mane. He cutie mark was pink butterflies than matched her mane.
He could feel all of this through colors and the way various lights reflect off of her coat and the slight heat difference.
There was a knock at the door, a boom and a squeak after that. He galloped as best a blind pony with a busted leg could.

When he got to the door a machine Twilight Sparkle herself had made activated and the door opened to reveal a sopping wet Pegasus who was shivering. Gold Rush ushered the pink-maned pony into the home without a second thought.
Fluttershy P.O.V.
Flying and trotting were way different in a storm like this. It was easier to fly because her wings would’ve guided her through the currents if the Timberwolves…
She suddenly saw a light flickering in a house. She didn’t want to intrude on somepony’s beauty sleep as Sweetie Belle was saying constantly. She galloped up to the door and knocked. A thunder clap made her squeak. She then heard a pony trotting down the stairs in this little dwelling. The door swung open to reveal the newly crowned prince, to which she quickly bowed despite the fact the young stallion couldn't see it. She felt a hoof grab and pull her out of the rain.
Gold Rush P.O.V.
He got 3 or 4 towels and helped dry Fluttershy. He immediately fetched a blanket from a sofa on the first floor of the small home he had lived in for a long time. He then picked the much more fragile mare and slowly sauntered up the stairs. The former Pegasus lightly stepped off of the blind pony and re-settled the blanket across her slight frame. She had scooted slightly towards the alicorn a few seconds after sitting down. The lightning caused a flash of light that reminded him of what had happened when Pri- Cadence had ignited the Crystal Heart with the help of the Crystal Ponies.
Fluttershy P.O.V.
She felt her heart skip a beat after the young pony had picked her up. With a bright blush on her face she gladly accepted her state of redness. She felt the blind Alicorn slow a bit, and stop. She took that has her signal to use her hooves again. After all, they were the last appendages she had.
Prince Gold Rush trotted over to the pillow he had been laying on before Fluttershy arrived. He pulled another cushion over next to him and grinned. He motioned her sit next to him and what could she say? No thank you to the first alicorn prince of Equestria?
She timidly put one hoof in front of the other and made her way to the former unicorn. She sat next to the pony who had taken her in, if only for the night. She scooted closer to the stallion ever-so slightly.
There was a flash of bright lightning across the sky like the night with the Timberwolves.
She had been trotting through the Everfree Forest when she had heard a howl. She whipped her head around to the sound of slightly creaking wood. She slowly resumed her trotting a little more cautiously. Then a snarl threaded its way through the air making its way to the Pegasus’s ears. She heard the wolves behind her as she started to gallop towards the nearest town, which was Ponyville. Then she remembered! She had wings, although she wasn’t a very strong flier by Cloudsdale standards.
As she started to flap her wings, a searing pain that brought her to the ground came from her left primary area. The wolves went for the wings first seeing as it was her way to escape. She screamed in agony as her wings were attacked. She then stated crying in pain. The Timberwolves had left, leaving her to possibly be eaten by another Everfree animal.
Later, as she was on the verge of unconsciousness, she heard somepony calling for her.
“Flutters! Where are you?”
“I’m over here…”she had said before she fell into an agonizing sleep.
Gold Rush P.O.V.
He had been enjoying the silent company of the timid Pegasus when he felt a shudder from beside him. She was shaking very hard. On reflex he pulled the mare closer to him with a wing, noticing it was very cold. Using his very limited magic, he poked the fire.
“Are you okay Fluttershy?”
“H-How do y-you know my n-name if you don't mind me asking.”
“I know because you are a national heroine.”
“Oh, which time? Nightmare Moon? Discord? The vines?
“Uh, all three I guess. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your wings?”
“Just a timber wolf accident is all.”
“You actually survived a timber wolf attack?”
“Yes.”

They sat in silence for a while as Fluttershy watched the sky flash with bright colors against the exceptionally dark night. She once again leaned into him. Both let out a content sigh.

Suddenly Gold rush leaned in and kissed her. For a few moments, sparks flew and he was in complete bliss. Then he leaped up after he realized what he had done

“I am so sorry! I think I’ll go downstairs, please forgive me!”

“Gold Rush, that was wonderful, I thought I would spend my life around animals, never settle down, or have a family. I thought nobody could like a Pegasus with no wings, but the fact that you kissed me, shows that I am able to be sompony’s marefriend, possibly even yours.”

“I’d like that Flutters.”

Neither questioned why Gold Rush was alone that night, nor why Fluttershy had been out in the first place, both happy to be in each other’s presence


Fin

Author's Note:

okay, I hope you enjoyed this sweet fic and please, no comment wars and only constructive criticism

Comments ( 5 )

I am sorry if it's bad!:fluttershysad:

This was fun to read.

Luna’s moon would’ve hung high in the air had weather patrol not scheduled ANOTHER cold rain.

"had the weather patrol" sounds a more smooth.

She was a creamy yellow with a soft pink mane. He cutie mark was pink butterflies than matched her mane.

Need I point this one out?:twilightsmile:

When he got to the door a machine Twilight Sparkle herself had made activated and the door opened to reveal a sopping wet Pegasus who was shivering.

Lets see what we can do to make this sentence better.

No thank you to the first alicorn prince of Equestria?

Quotation marks?

Well, that were about the more major parts that stuck out to me.

I enjoyed this story quite a bit, given the unique spin to it. So, have a like.

What I do miss though is the background to the OC. I know he was explained in the header, yet I still crave to know more about his past.

I also felt that the romance between him and Fluttershy was rather quick. Nothing wrong with that, just unusual.

The twist for the Point of view change was rather interesting, though it did make reading rather rough. I'm no expert, but have you ever tried to write in third person? If written in that style, maybe the POV breaks will transition smoother without the announcement. Up to you though, for all I know... you planed to write it out this way.

Have a mustache:moustache: I have read worst stories, and this came nowhere near the travesty those brought to me. No, I am leaving this story with warm and fuzzies inside me.

Mr. Flare

Pro tip, double space between paragraphs and seperate dialogue.

Another pro tip, if you have to infrom us before we even begin the story about what type of pony a character is and a major change to another character by way of traumatic experience, you're doing it wrong.

Introducing an OC is a difficult task, introducing an alicorn even more so. Introducing your alicorn OC who also garners the love of a main character of the show by way of love at first site and not instantly receiving bad reviews is the Everest of writing and should only be attempted by experienced climbers. Doing all that in just 1k words is impossible.

if you truly believe this story needs to be told then tell it, but don't give an unexplained and unemotional scene and expect readers to view it how you do.

I gotta admit this was a sweet story. And so cute. I liked it. :yay:

Login or register to comment