• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 5,674 Views, 578 Comments

Pony Planet: Side Stories - Admiral Biscuit



Deleted scenes and side stories from Onto the Pony Planet

  • ...
11
 578
 5,674

Ponyville Express: Special Edition

Ponyville Express
Special Edition
Admiral Biscuit

Yesterday, our small town has seen an event the likes of which it hasn't seen before except when Nightmare Moon returned or the Star-Bear. Which was a trial of one of our own, Lyra Heartstrings.

You may remember that Lyra recently met with a new species and was voted as the new ambassador. Well, yesterday she had to go to trial, becuase some fancy unicorn from out east accused her of all sorts of terrible things. Which weren't true at all.

In no small part because of the brilliant defense by Fancy Pants, Lyra was found innocent, and the stallion who said all the terrible things was punished by Princess Luna. Hopefully he learns his lesson!

After it was over, Fancy Pants talked to me at my shop (where theres a sale on leftover seeds, so come and get them if your thinking about planting a garden this year). I can now tell you the WHOLE story about how Dale came to our town. His name is strange becuse he isn't a pony.

Princess Celestia visited an alien land, and she had Lyra with her. This was a few months ago.

They met Dale there. Some of Princess Celestia's guards were scared, but not our Lyra. She wanted to step outside of the protective field, and see him more closely. Which she did. They coulnd't talk, but they got the idea acorss that they wanted to meet again, and Princess Celestia thought it was a good idea, so Lyra and Twilight Sparkle started to study that, until they had a good idea what to do.

The first meeting went off without a hitch. Lyra learned a lot of stuff from him, and he gave her books which she brough back. Books so complicated that even the unicorns in Canterlot can't figure them out.

Lyra spend a day back in town before she went back again. This time, Dale showed her to his home. He lives simply, close to nature, in a small clearing in the woods. He was not with any other of his kind. Lyra and Dale shared lunch and spent the whole day talking to each other, until it was time for Lyra to go home again.

When they came back to the beach, there were two stallions like Dale there who came in boats. Except they were more agressive, and so he held them at bay. While he gave Lyra time to get back to the spell, and make her way home again.

Once he was sure that he had held them off, he galloped along with her, just in case somepony else tried to stop her. And it was a good thing he did. There was a mare on the beack, who was confused. She had a powerful wand, and she used it to suck all the magic out of Lyra who didn't have time to prepare a proper defensive spell.

That caused the magic field to collapse.

So then Lyra came back, but so did Dale and the mare. We've seen Dale around town, and he's kind of weird and looks like a starved minotaur but without fur because it came off in the spell, but everypony agrees he's got a good heart, and he made quick friends with not only the nurses in the hospital, but also with a pony who had to repair a damaged wall. He was at the embasee meeting with Mayor Mare and Twilight Sparkle and they both said how nice he was.

Some 'noble' unicorns think they know better than we do though and they wanted to put Lyra on trial and lock her up and take him away from us. They said things which anypony would see were completely made up. I was at the trial, and watched as someponies fell for Noble Voice's slick talk and fancy words but Fancy Pants and Fleur Dee Lis weren't fooled and showed him. Also Princess Luna saw through his tricks and even though she let him continue for longer than any sensible mare would have she had him taken away before he could finish. Which he deserved.

So now Lyra has been found innocent, and we hope she will put this behind her. And Dale can be seen at the embasee. Soon, we're sure, he'll be walking the streets of Ponyville, and we hope that everypony will be nice to him. Give him a hoof-bump or a nuzzle. He went out of his way to make sure that Lyra came home, and even if he looks kind of funny and can't talk much, he's the kind of stallion which does a town like our's good.

Also, you may remember that recently a small herd of Canterlot unicorns came into town on the train? Well they were to help out with medical treatement for Dale and the mare whose called Ka-th-rin, but they didn't have much to do. Our exemplary doctors and nurses at the hospital—aided by Zecora and Doctor Goodall—made the mare all better, so she just was released from the hospital and is at the embasse now where she will finish her recovery.

And I know your all curious after Mayor Mare's speech . . . I've heard that as soon as the embasee is finshed, it will be open to the public, and we can all go meet Dale. My cousin Ambrosia says its coming along nicely, and they will be done in a couple more days. If you don't see her, be sure to stop by the library or Sugarcube Corner for the latest updates—and have a strawberry shortcake while your there. The strawberries are freshly picked, and Daisy Jo's sent a special batch of cream. So now's the time to have one.

Author's Note:

Yes, I know it's filled with spelling and grammatical errors. As with the last, it was painful to write.