• Published 11th Jan 2014
  • 783 Views, 8 Comments

Intergalactic - sectoid



A pair of Willosaurs arrive in Ponyville. (A Spore/MLP Crossover)

  • ...
0
 8
 783

Chapter 3: Lifeforms

Chapter 3: Lifeforms

As Fluttershy reached a clearing in the Everfree Forest, she saw a strange, saucer-shaped object. It was red with several portholes dotting the rim like some metallic ladybug. Four slender "legs" jutted out from the bottom of the object. Just as Fluttershy was about to run back to her cottage, she heard a twig snap behind her...
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Glarp had been collecting plant specimens for the past twenty minutes, and had filled several jars with exotic looking plants. Things were going swimmingly until he heard a gasp of surprise and fear. He looked to his right and found himself just five feet away from a strange yellow equine. He froze. After five minutes of awkward silence, Glarp decided to make the first move. He discretely flipped a switch on his backpack, activating the automatic translator. The same kind of translator is found in a ship's SETI device.

"Ummm... Hello?" he said uneasily. The creature's eyes rolled back in its head and it fainted. "Oh dear. This could complicate things..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Teek, meanwhile, was still in the ship. He was lounging in the pilot's seat, waiting for Glarp's return. Suddenly, the comm screen rang. It was Glarp!

"Yo, brother! What's taking you so long?" he asked. Glarp's worried visage faded in on the comm screen.

"Um, brother... I'm not exactly sure how to say this, but..." he said. Teek frowned.

"You said you were just collecting plants! How do you screw that up?!" he said incredulously, raising an eyebrow. Glarp shifted nervously on the screen, then turned the camera to show a yellow equine, passed out on the ground. Teek was shocked. He glared at the screen. "Glarp, you fargn! What in the name of Spode did you do?!" Glarp turned the camera back to him.

"I'm going to take it to the med bay. If I leave it here, others may come and think we harmed it. We need to put our best foot forward here," Glarp said. Teek was about to object to this, but Glarp cut the transmission before he could say anything.

A few minutes later, Glarp entered the ship with the strange creature on his back. Teek rushed to him.

"Are you out of your mind?! That thing could have diseases that the galaxy has never seen before!" he cried. Glarp ignored him and took the creature to the medical bay. Laying the creature in a bed, he hooked it up to a heart monitor and sat nearby in case it woke up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy slowly opened her eyes. She immediately shut them when they were greeted by an extremely bright light. When her eyes grew accustomed to the light, she cautiously opened them again and examined her surroundings. She could hear a heart monitor beeping next to her, and she was in a very comfortable bed. Sitting up, she could see that she was in a white room with a blue tile floor. In the far corner of the room, she could see the frightful creature from earlier! It seemed to be looking at a screen, which, upon squinting, appeared to be her heart monitor.

The beeping of the heart monitor became quicker as Fluttershy's heart pounded. What was it? Where did it come from? Was it taking care of her? If so, why? These questions filled her mind, and her heart hammered in panic.

The creature took notice of the rapid beeping and looked towards her. Fluttershy could see in its eyes just as much panic as she felt, even a touch of concern. The creature calmly walked over to her bed, the look of concern never leaving its three eyes. As it drew nearer, Fluttershy could begin to discern its features.

The creature's most outstanding feature was its three legs. The feet were clawed, like those on a dragon or other reptile. Its scaled body was green with orange stripes on top, with a tan underbelly. Its jaws were long, with two fangs poking out of each side. It had a long tail that ended in some sort of claw. A pair of what looked like antennae sprouted from the back of its head. The creature also appeared to have some sort of metal box strapped to its back.

Fluttershy was paralyzed by mixed emotions. Half of her was panicking, while the other half was trying to reassure her. A voice snapped her out of her confusion. It was the creature!

"Relax. I won't hurt you. I promise," it said with a soothing voice. Somehow, Fluttershy was calmed by its words. Her heart rate slowly returned to normal. "I'm sorry I frightened you in the forest. I was only collecting plant samples," it said, using its tail to gesture towards a shelf of jars containing various flowers and leaves. Fluttershy nodded.

"W-Who are you? What are you?" she asked in her typical timid tone.

The creature smiled. "My name is Glarp. I am a Willosaur. Would you mind if I asked your name?"

"I... I'm Fluttershy..." she squeaked. Glarp raised an eyebrow.

"Pardon?"

"I'm Fluttershy..."

"Erm, one more time, please?" Glarp asked, raising a single antenna.

"I'm Fluttershy..."

Fluttershy judged that the antennae must function as ears, since Glarp seemed to hear her this time.

"Ah! Nice to meet you, Fluttershy," he said.

"I've never heard of a Willosaur before," Futtershy said, "Are you from Equestria?" Glarp chuckled and shook his head.

"No, I am not. You could say my brother and I are aliens."

"Aliens?"

"Indeed. My brother and I have been searching for this solar system for several months now. You see, the rest of the galaxy thinks of your planet as a myth."

"Why do they think that?"

"Oh, mostly because nobody could find it," Glarp laughed. By this time, the first rays of sunlight could be seen through the window. Fluttershy suddenly grew concerned.

"I'm sorry, Glarp, but I really need to go now. My animals must be very worried about me..." she said. Glarp studied her for a moment before nodding.

"You don't have any ill effects from fainting. I'll escort you out," he said.

After watching Fluttershy head off into the forest, Glarp began to wonder what else was out there. Where, for example, did all the humans go off to? How did the planet get so clean in just one hundred thousand years? Surely there would still be some evidence of human civilization... Perhaps it was time for him to head into town and get the answers he needed...

Author's Note:

Don't you hate it when you think a chapter is really long, then Fimfiction shrinks it and you realize it isn't as big as you thought? Oh well. If you see any spelling or grammar mistakes that I might have missed, tell me in the comments.

Comments ( 5 )

i love this ;u; must has moar lol although the chapters are a bit small its ok for a first fanfic :D i like it

3771199 *squee*:twilightsmile: Thanks! You have no idea how much that means to me! :yay:

Wow this story was on top of the Newest stories list for a very long time.

FINALLY A SPORE CROSSOVER, THANK YOU!!!:heart:

Another Spore Crossover? I'M NOT ALONE! I must read.

Login or register to comment