• Published 4th Jan 2014
  • 409 Views, 0 Comments

Sugar Loaf - monkeylegs



The story of a strange unicorn with a talent with gardening.

  • ...
 0
 409

Fearful Town

This was her 4th birthday, at last. She was officially a filly now, and that meant she was as old as when she met Zecora! She danced in delight in the hut. "Zecora! Zecora! Its my birthday! I'm a filly now! This must mean I go to school and learn and stuff like the other zebras do?" The filly said to the zebra. Zecora was worried, in a sort of, motherly way. Of course, they weren't related, but Zecora started to become attatched to the filly since she took her in. She was scared that she'd be bullied because of her looks, and she didn't want that. But, she needed to learn, and she wanted to go to school. She decided it was for the best, and she'd get ready for when, and try her best to keep her happy. "Indeed, it is agreed. Your school begins tomorrow." Zecora said, adding a strange plant into a pot. "Hey, what you making? Healing potion? Cure-strange-sickness-thats-name-I-forgot potion? Gimme-cutie-mark potion? Make-Sugar-Loaf's-birthday-better-then-any-other-zebra's-birthday-ever potion?" the filly asked curiously.
"It is a potion for the ponies of the ocean, it grants them hooves for a day,when they have the hooves they can walk past the bay."
Zecora said.
"I started this potion last night, it seems as if making it took all my might, once it turns white it will be alright to use.".

"Oh cool! It looks light blue. I think it'd be better if you put a strawberry in it.." The filly stared at the bubbling pot of a mushy light blue substance.
"Oh and hey, I think we ran out of those herbs that was at that pony village.. You think we go look for more?" She said, after swallowing something when Zecora looked at a jar of orange powder. Zecora looked to another shelf, seeing that all there was was some potions, few powerdery ingredients,and a mask.
"I have checked, and you are correct.-" Zecora was cut off.
"Ooh! Ooh! Can I go with you this time? I really wanna meet the ponies! Anyways, its my birthdaaay!" The filly smiled and her eyes sparkled.
"Beware, there is fear in the air in that town.They wouldn't like to chat, They would simply run and scat." Zecora said.
"Aww, but come on! I at least want to see what it it looks like! Do you think it looks like a zebra village? They're pretty. They have little decorations and things hanging everywhere! The pretty wooden huts look cool too." Sugar Loaf complained.
"Since it is your birthday, Sugar." Zecora said.
"Yay!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zecora put on a dark hood, Sugar Loaf wore a smaller one but she had the hood down. Hey, why do we wear these things anyways?" Sugar asked.
"The sun is hot at this time of year. If you stand in it to long, it feels like a boiling pot." Zecora explained.
"Oh, well I have my mane to do that. You would too if it wasn't in a mohawk." Sugar said, as the two walked out of the hut.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the distance, the curious filly looked at the town. There were many colorful ponies doing what they'd normally do, working,wandering,and playing. None of them were as colorful as Sugar, though.
As the two walked closer, ponies started freaking out for some reason. They ran into their houses, pulled in their fillies, and in 10 seconds flat, it was silent. Zecora kept moving as normal as if this happened always, Sugar simply confusedly looked at various houses, as Zecora digged for the needed herbs.
Sugar waited untill Zecora stopped paying much attention to wander to a house behind them with a white unicorn filly peaking out of a window, Sugar wondered how her purple mane is so shiny. The two fillies curiously stared at eachother for a few seconds, taking a look at each part they could see. The filly was curious of her many colors, and Sugar was mostly curious of the fillies mane. But, after a few seconds the filly was pulled away from the window and the curtains were pulled over. Sugar found this slightly offending.

Author's Note:

I'm bad at rhymes. All the rhyme sites are stupid. I still like Zecora. I have it where she doesn't rhyme ALL the time though, and every now an then she speaks normally. Only sometimes. It just sorta happens that everytime she talks to the ponies she rhymes. I really like Zecora. Shes up on my favorites list.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment