• Published 23rd Mar 2014
  • 394 Views, 1 Comments

Adventures in Pre-Equestria - Eclipse Blackblood



A lone Earth Pony filly if forced into a life-changing journey in which she finds awnsers to questions that have been burning in her mind her entire life, in addition to more questions.

  • ...
 1
 394

Capture and Plans for Escape

Frost was hiding behind a rock that was sticking out of the dirt floor of the cave she was in. Even in the low light she was easily visible, her startlingly white coat seemed to not want her hidden, even though it was stained with a weeks worth of dirt. Her cutie mark was entirely covered, making it where her unseen observer couldn't tell if she was one they could keep. They'd know soon enough, they had the little pony surrounded. Suddenly the scraping on the wall stopped, and at that signal, they went into action, and had the little pony caught.

"I was hoping this one'd put up a bit of a fight."

"Hard to put up a fight when you fainted."

"Still wanted a fight."

===============================================================================================

Frost recovered from her fainting in a different cave then the one she was in last. This cave was lit better then what she was used to, and the light hurt her eyes a little. The stone walls were crudely worked and was covered in claw marks, but a few places were smoothed out. Other than that, the room had nothing the filly found noteworthy.

Frost tried to stand, but she was too weak from hunger, and even if she wasn't the ropes she just discovered around her legs would have kept her down. She started to panic because she thought the monsters that caught her were going to eat her, or worse take her to the parents of the bone pony she hit with an ax.

While Frost was worrying about being eaten, unseen to her one of the creatures that captured her entered the room though the door behind her. It walked up behind her, and used on of it's clawed paws to wipe the dirt off her flank. As soon as Frost felt the unknown limb against her body she screamed "DON'T EAT ME!" and started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Quiet!" her captor commanded in a rough voice as it kicked her in the stomach, winding her. "You will only speak when given permission, understand?" Frost, whimpering in pain, nodded. "Good." Frost didn't scream when her captor tried to wipe the dirt from her flank this time. After removing the dirt, and leaving a few scratches, Frost's Cutie Mark was uncovered. It was strange for somepony who lived a relatively peaceful life, an ax with a blood-red head half buried in a pony skull. "A mercenary's foal, or maybe an insane pony, either way, it doesn't matter. I know exactly where to put you to work."

"What if I don't want to work?" Frost received another winding kick to the stomach.

"If you don't work, you don't eat."

===============================================================================================

Frost was put to work in a mine, digging for gems and metals. She learned from the other foals working in the mine, who were all unicorns, that their captors were called "Diamond Dogs." She also learn that more then a few foals had starved to death because the didn't work when the were sick or injured, and that it was more common to die from another foal killing you for your food.

The food was, if it was even possible, worse than the situation. Dirty, uncooked, mushrooms were all they were given to eat. Sometimes somepony got a clean mushroom. They didn't live long, because somepony else always wanted it, and would do anything to get it. Today was Frost's lucky day, she got a clean mushroom.

A dark blue colt with a black mane trotted over toward Frost, after everypony had been given their meal for the day. He was the oldest pony working the mine, and had survived, and caused more than a few "accidents." One he caused had backfired, and the tip of his horn had been broken off, leaving a jagged end. He couldn't use magic very well anymore, but he could use his horn as a weapon, which he did whenever somepony else wouldn't hoof over their food on demand.

"I already know what you're going to say," Frost remarked when he was close enough, "And no you can't have my food."

The colt stopped in his tracks, "Why not? You know what'll happen if you don't hoof it over."

"As much as I'd love to," Frost easily popped the hole mushroom into her mouth, "it seems I've already eaten it."

"Why you little-"

"The only reason I didn't eat it right away is because I have something I need your help with." The colt snorted in a cross between irritation and amusement.

"If you wanted to get beaten to within an inch of your life, you could have just tried to escape."

"That's what I need your help with."

"What, almost dying, or escaping?"

"The second one. Also, not so loud; you'll attract unwanted attention."

"You actually think you'll be able to escape, even with my help? Everypony that tries has gotten killed, or worse. I'm not about to risk my neck, just so you can head back above ground."

"If my plan works, we'll both be free. But, if it doesn't, neither of us will be around to care anymore."

"Fine, I'll help. But if we die, I'll kill your ghost."

"I guess that's fair?"

"So when are we going to try to escape?"

"Just wait for the signal."

"You never told me what the signal was."

"Trust me, you'll know."

Comments ( 1 )

Ok then.

I think this story is a good idea, but needs an editor and could be rewritten.
I'm working a terraria crossover, and I rewrote the fist chapter. I would segest haveing about 2000 words to describe the main Caracters life before.

Login or register to comment