• Published 6th Dec 2013
  • 370 Views, 4 Comments

Light of the Creed - LunarLife



Lightbreaker was just another manehattanite, living his normal life, right? He had a family, good friends, and a place to live. But on one fateful night, his father informs him of the secret war, a war that will change his life, and the assasins.

  • ...
 4
 370

Prologue

Forward Note:

Whenever there is italics

in a paragraph, it signals talking to

self
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Luna's moon shone brightly over the city of Manehattan, although it was the only thing you could see. The Master stood atop the Forward Operations Base on the outskirts of the northern district. It was roughly around 11:20 at night, the time where he loved to plan out his next attack. After their most recent attack, they were laying low for a while, making sure that they didn't get caught. This secret war had been going on for too long, and The Master was going to end it, soon. He just had to plan out his next attacks precisely. An evil smile spread across his face, he turned away from his view and walked back towards the main room.

"Attention everypony!" The Master yelled once he entered the room. Every one of the ponies, who were wearing dark brown cloaks with a grey trim, looked up from what they were doing. "I am happy to announce that after quite some waiting," pause, "I have finally decided that we are ready to prepare our next attack!" Everyone whooped and cheered upon hearing this. They were happy to know that the time had come. "Now go, and prepare yourselves!" The Master finished, heading back to his quarters. The ponies got up and went to wherever they needed to go. Back in his quarters, The Master turned to his broadsword, which he had used for many years. He had never gone into battle without it, for it had saved his life from those mercenaries too many times. Too many times.... He kept staring back at it. It just stood there, it was as if The Master was waiting for it to do a sonic rainboom. It looks a little dull, I should probably sharpen it before the battle. He picked it up by the hilt with his magic and brought it with him out of the room, towards the sharpening area.

Upon edntering the sharpening area, The Master noticed that only one other pony was in there. "Snowstorm, where is all the other soldiers?"

"They all came in here and sharpened their weapons in a matter of seconds," he said, looking back down to the grinding stone.

"Very well, carry on," The Master replied.

After a couple hours of waiting, all of the troops had fially prepared themselves for the oncoming battle. The Master stood in front of the crowd of his soldiers. "This battle will be the first on our road to victory," all of the ponies cheered, "this battle will let us be known," more cheering, "commence it! And let the Great One guide us!"

"Yeah!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 years back

Flare sat on top of City Hall, looking out over the city. It was a peaceful evening, for the not knowing public of course. Although 'peaceful' in Neigh York was still bustling and busy. But it was quite the busy day for Flare's creed. News had come to them about the wereabouts of the leader of the Frost in the Dark. He was supposedly on his way to meet with some of his scouts in the city, in the alleys around City Hall. He was supposed to be wearing a brown cloak with a silver trimming. Flare just kept looking out into the distance, trying to locate his target. After quite some time searching, he was certain he had found his target. He followed the cloaked pony into an alley, hiding himself in the rooftops. He watched as the pony met up with the scouts. They talked for quite sometime before they all nodded for a second, and turned to go their ways. Good a time as any. Flare took a couple deep breathes before looking down at his target. Then he finally jumped. For what seemed like an eternity he fell, before the knife plunged into the back of the brown cloaked pony. The blood ran from the gash onto the cement. Flare turned the pony around before the pony spoke,

"Better luck next time, mercernary. You'll never get the real Master," he finally stated before his breathing stopped. Flare placed the pony down to the side and let a tear fall from his eye.

"I'll never kill again..." he muttered to himself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 years after Flare's last kill

Flare's eye cracked open weakly, he had not gotten sleep again. It was always that dream, the one where he kept going through all the times he had killed the wrong ponies. It scared him to wake up every time it happened. He rolled over in his bed to the other side. Oh right, she's in the hospital. His wife had been pregnant for 10 months now. He wasn't really sure he could father a child. Would he make the wrong choices when feeding it? Would he accidentally drop it from his grasp? He got so worked up over all of it. But of course, like everypony else, you didn't think about that kind of stuff when you are wrapped up in work. He got up and stretched his back, being satisfied from hearing it pop, and went to the bathroom to take a shower, a warm one at that. After getting out, he made his way into the kitchen. He was so used to her having coffee made for him. Groggily, he levatated a cup towards the table after he brewed his cup, and looked into the pantry. I'll just get something on the way there. He shut it and walked back over to the table and began sipping on his coffee, while looking over the paper. Sure there was TV, but he was oldschool.

The workday was unusually slow, there was almost noone there. But when you volunteer to work extra on Sundays, you don't usually see many ponies. Flare was dosing off at his desk when something clicked in his head. Shit! His son was supposed to be born today. He quickly jumped up and ran out of his ofice. He explained to his boss the whole situation, who just replied with a simple nod, "You need to be with your wife."

Flare was running out of breath quickly, but he didn't seem to notice it. He had to be there with her. The door to the local hospital flew open, to reveal Flare. The pony at the desk quickly recognized him, "Ah, Flare. Your wife is on floor 3, room 181." He nodded and proceeded up the stairs with haste. He slowed fo a bit as he got to floor three, realizing how out of breath he was. He trotted down to the designated door and he could hear crying inside and he put a smile on his face. As he entered the room, his eyes immediatly his wife, and the foal within her hooves. She looked up to him with a bright smile,

"Come meet your son," she gestured him over. In her arms was a red pony with a deep white mane. He could see small wings sprouting from his sides. is smile widened as he looked over to her, "What should we name him honey?" She looked at her son, then back to her husband,

"Lightbreaker"

Author's Note:

And there's your back story. And every story needs one of those, right? Leave feedback, anything helps! Lunar out.

Comments ( 2 )

is smile

You need a capital H here. Nice back story to the whole 'Pony Creed'. Can't wait to see the rest. And, just some advice, but don't put too much detail, such as:

"I am happy to announce that after quite some waiting," pause, "I have finally decided that we are ready to prepare our next attack!"

That 'pause' wasn't necessary. Plus, don't rush things. It isn't bad to add a little filler here and there.:twilightsmile:
Hope this helps, good luck!

3812419

Its not finished :applejackunsure:

Login or register to comment