• Published 2nd Dec 2013
  • 1,214 Views, 4 Comments

Fighting for a Way Back - Flutterdashs



In this story, Rainbow Dash holds a grudge against Fluttershy that dates back to when they were Fillies. Fluttershy has always felt awful for what she thinks she has done to Rainbow Dash, and does everything she can to make it up to her long time cru

  • ...
3
 4
 1,214

Chapter 2

"Rainbow Dash?" you think to yourself, observing the body lying on your couch. You quickly go around your cottage looking for a blanket, and a pillow. It takes you a while, but you do end up finding those supplies for Rainbow Dash. You then proceed to wrap her in the blanket and rest her head gently onto the pillow.

You stand in front of her in a panic. Is she okay? What if she needs to go to the hospital? You sit down in the kitchen and try to settle yourself from this unexpected engagement. You rest your head on your hooves, not knowing what to do next. Suddenly, you feel a slight tug at your mane, so you look down. It's Angel, and she is pointing towards the couch. You jump up out of the chair and quickly make your way towards the couch and find thar Rainbow Dash is starting to wake up! Oh god, why does she have to wake up now? You hide yourself in a pile of blankets placed behind the couch and watch as Rainbow Dash awakens. You see her fly out the door with no words left behind, only the blanket she had kicked off of her. Just seeing her again brings back your memories of the acadamy. You dont remember much of that day, but the most devastating parts come back to you clear as day.

-Flashback to Flight School-

You take off from the starting line. Putting all of your effort into flying, because if you werent going to pass this test for your own sake, you were going to pass it for Rainbow Dash.
You maintain your current pace into the first turn, already feeling winded since you admit, you havent been keeping up to par with your wing training. You make the first turn, an you feel your wings getting heavier and heavier with each flap. The only thing you can hear is Rainbow Dash cheering your name in the distance.

Rainbow Dash's cheering gives you motivation to give you one last push to try and finish the test, but to no use. You slowly feel your wings starting to give out as you start dropping from the sky. You are terrified at the rushing wind flowing through your mane, and quickly use your hooves to cover your eyes. You suddenly hit a hard surface, but it wasnt a cloud. You slowly open your eyes, and immediately recognize the blue hooves that wrap around your body. You shut your eyes again, shaking from the possibility that you still might fall. After a while, you find yourself laying on the surface of the spectator cloud, and being quickly approached by your classmates. You can barely make out some of the words that are being yelled.

"Rainbow Dash, for the act of interfering with another pony's test, you will be unable to continue your studies at the academy." Your head shoots up upon hearing those words, tears forming in your eyes. You look over to Rainbow, and she gives you a look that leaves tears streaming down your face as she flys off into Cloudsdale.

- END -

You emerge from the blankets and lay yourself down on the couch. You begin tearing up as you bury your face into the pillow.

------------------------------------------

Suddenly, you open your eyes in a panic and are nearly blinded by the light that fills the room you are in. Flailing your hooves, you knock off the blanket that gently covered you. You sit up, your head throbbing from the pain. You slowly lay back down and take a few minutes to try and find out where you are. Squinting, you look up to the ceiling and notice that it is wooden and outlined with leaves and vines. You take a further look around, and see small beds, multiple food bowls, and the distinct smell of... animals? All these questions are filling your head, your heart stops. The only one you know who has ever loved animals is... Fluttershy. Once again, you find yourself in a panic and rush to your feet, then take off into the sky. That couldnt be her home! Or at least, you hope it wasnt. After all these years, you couldnt help but to continue to hold a grudge against her. It was her fault after all. Lost in your thoughts, you quickly look up. Everything goes dark.

Author's Note:

I am expecting to settle on Fluttershys POV from chapter 3 and forward, and i am also going to move the story along a lot faster now that the background has been explained more. Keep leaving comments on what you want to see in the future. Thanks for the the likes too!

Comments ( 2 )

Come on! I want more.

I did take a break for a while, but I am now working on this again! Expect a chapter within a week or so!

Login or register to comment