• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 703 Views, 35 Comments

The Chronicles of Virtue: The Coming of Link - Chironicus Claymaster



The beginning of "The Chronicles of Virtue" series. This is my first story on FIMfiction, but I am open to comments of what would make the story better or what I need to add.

  • ...
4
 35
 703

Dinjigon the black dragon

As the group was returning home to Ponyville, Starlit noticed how fearful most of their side of the group still was, even herself. Except Sorcerencis, she looked completely calm, happy even. She probably knew more than anypony else in the group what Sorcerencis's fear was, the only way she would still be this calm is if ... If I, being the good coltfriend I am, comforted my main mare after the event. Oops, did I steal your thoughts there?, Chironicus interupted into her mind.

Oh joy, look who decided to join the party, Starlit thought sarcastically.

Another voice, which she recognized as Pinkie Pie, then came into Starlit's thoughts saying, Actually, you should save that phrase for Amelyst, but it works here to.

Starlit then asked, Um, Pinkie, who's Amelyst?

Chironicus responded, Oh, no one you would know yet, I'd give it about 3,000 years, then you would know her. Oh, and it's so good to finally speak to you Pinkie, are you having a real blast?

Well of course, silly filly. Pinkie answered.

Starlit was not even going to begin to fathom how Chironicus and Pinkie knew of each other before ever even meeting, and she knew not question either of those two any more about this 'Amelyst', but she was glad to be on the way back to ponyville. She wanted to get her mind off drowning.

Link was reeling about what he, Zelda, and Navi had seen, the evil force behind Dark Link, using him as a puppet, Majora. He had heard tales about the original Hero of Time and his encounter with the dark god, they weren't pleasant. If Majora did leak into this world, Link highly doubted these six Elements of Harmony and a retired Vaati could go up against him. Vaati had lost to Ganon back in his prime, and Majora was far, far worse. Even Link, Master Sword and all, would have a hard time against the god of chaos, which is why they had to stop Dark as soon as possible.

Once the team arrived back in Ponyville, The Crusaders were waiting for them. "Um, Twilight," Applebloom spoke up first, "There's a teenage black dragon that showed up while you were gone. He was wantin' to see y'all. He's in the Library."

Sorcerencis replied, "Oh, it's Dinjigon, he's quite a bit early. Probably wants to get this whole thing over with."

Starlit and the others of her old friends were not happy to hear this. While he was technically part of the old group, Dinjigon was all but friendly, the Crusaders were probably worried because Dinjigon spoke his rude mind regardless of who he was talking to.

Twilight proceeded towards the door of the Library saying, "well thank you girls and Sorcerencis, lets go see what he's here for."

As they entered the Library, they saw Dinjigon sitting bored in a chair, munching on a large gem. His scales, body, and spines were all a deep black, but he had eerie neon red eyes. "Well about time," he said, finishing the gem and standing up, "ponies, late as usual." Before Twilight could respond to this, he walked to her and continued saying, "So, you are Twilight I'm guessing? Know that just because you're the 'Element of Magic', I wont respect you any more than any other pony in all of this world. Well, Link and Vaati are the only ones I respect here, and that is because like me they have seen combat, real combat."

Twilight, looking bewildered, said, "Combat? In Equestria? And why are you here in the first place?"

Dinjigon replied, "I'm not from Equestria, I'm from Draconius. And I'm here to help because Sorcerencis asked me to, and because beings I respect are involved."

Everpony in the room became quiet at that remark. All present, except Link and Navi, knew about the Great Dragon War that was between Draconius and the ice dragon tribes of the south. When the last Dragon Master led the campaign to wipe out all dragons that would not bow to his will. He was defeated by Icicle and the Elements, but the nation of Draconius was still in a ruined state.

"You know what," Dinjigon said, "I think I need to get away from ponies for a while. At this, he walked out the door and flew off.
In the Everfree a few minutes later, while Dinjigon had just landed and started walking through the forest, a loud whiring sound came from deep in the trees. Dinjigon of course wanted to see what was going on and followed the sound.

Amelyst had just landed her home-made time device in the exact coordinates Chironicus had given her and so she walked outside. She was surprised to see that she was in the Everfree, but this is probably where she had to be if she were to meet Dinjigon. She was keeping an eye out for a black dragon when Chironicus showed up and said, "Ah, right on time Amelyst. So I do assume me about 3,000 years from now told you to meet me and Dinjigon here."

"Yes," Amelyst said, still not happy that Chironicus had to be there, "Now where is he?"

Chironicus responded, "Oh, he'll be about ten seconds, so good luck!" At which point he vanished and Dinjigon came into the clearing about ten seconds later.

As Dinjigon entered where he thought he had heard the disturbance, he saw another pony, and immediately turned to walk away.

"Wait! Come back!" Amelyst yelled after him, "You're Dinjigon, right?"

Dinjigon said over his shoulder, "What about me? We met before?"

"No," Amelyst said truthfully, "I've just heard about you and wanted to get to know who you really wer-I mean are." Almost saying "were" but correcting herself.

Dinjigon huffed and said glumly, "I would rather not get to know others, all that comes from that is suffering."

Amelyst cautiously said, "What do you mean by that?"

He merely huffed again and said, "If you know who Icicle Chill is, ask him about me, he'll tell you."

"Alright," Amelyst said, "what gem would you like for the trouble? I have a lot of ways to get gems."

Dinjigon, for the first time in a long time, smiled a little and said, "A Frost Sapphire." Amelyst then got in the pocket of her clothes and gave him one. He chuckled and, instead of eating it, put it in a satchel he had and said, "Heh, you're not so bad for a pony, I hope we meet again. By the way, what's your name?" But when he looked around she was gone.

Comments ( 4 )

And I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling ponies and your half breeds too! ... Chill out dude.

Huh! I thought I commented on this chapter! Well written, and I especially like the time-traveling Amelyst, for obvious reasons. :pinkiehappy::raritywink: I've been waiting for updates! I need more! :pinkiehappy:

Edit: I just realized you don't know who I am. XD It's Casie. RadiumRave in the past.

8278710
hi there:pinkiehappy: You do remember that the next chapter i'm working on is history with chironicus p1. I hope Amelyst and the Doctor are ready for, you know, ME:pinkiecrazy:

8291559
History with Chironicus?! Already?! Ahhh I didn't assume it'd be this soon! I'm ready to read it! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: Amelyst is ready. If she can be ready for anything done by Chironicus, she can handle it. :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment