• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 703 Views, 35 Comments

The Chronicles of Virtue: The Coming of Link - Chironicus Claymaster



The beginning of "The Chronicles of Virtue" series. This is my first story on FIMfiction, but I am open to comments of what would make the story better or what I need to add.

  • ...
4
 35
 703

The New World

Spike was out on an evening stroll after cleaning out Twilight's library. She had done a study session again and he wanted to get away for a bit while to relax. He was napping in a particularly odd spot of the Everfree, the spot where a certain wind sorcerer came to Equestria a while ago. He was watching the clouds go by when a vortex of rainbows opened up in the sky.

As Spike was on his way back to tell Twilight what had happened, She had decided to stay in that evening while her assistant was out walking. However, she had the strangest feeling, as if something . . . evil, was happening somewhere close by. When she got up to see what was going on, she saw three comet-like objects fall out of a vortex in the sky above the Everfree, in fact, in the exact spot of the arrival of her friend the wind sorcerer Vaati.

Spike then came in the door yelling, "Twilight! Did you see that thing in the sky? Isn't that where the rift to Hyrule is?"

"Yes Spike, I do believe so," Twilight said with worry.

He replied saying, "What do we do Twilight? Should we inform Celestia?"

"Yes," Twilight said, "Spike, take a letter:

Dear Princess Celestia,

I am writing to inform you that a strange occurrence has happened in Ponyville. What appears to be a type of portal has appeared over the Everfree, and I have confirmed three objects that have entered our world from the point at which Vaati the Wind Sorcerer appeared. The only theory I have is that the three objects are others from the land of Hyrule, whether peaceful or not, is unknown to me. I and my friends are going to investigate immediately.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

After Spike had sent the letter, Twilight packed her saddlebags and she and Spike left to gather everyone. Once gathered together, they made their way to the forest.

"Who do you think is in there Twilight?" Fluttershy quietly asked.

Vaati replied with, "Only very powerful magic could do this, it could be any one of Hyrule's great powers, including Ganon. That is why my forces are ready to be deployed at a moment's notice, aren't they Nigellas."

"Yes sir," Nigellas answered, "all forces ready for battle upon your word."

Pinkie then said, "I hope it doesn't come to that, because then I won't be able to have a welcoming party!"

Meanwhile, Link was waking up when above him a strange equine creature with a light blue mane, a silver coat, and was a pegasus was staring at him. He was extremely surprised when it talked saying, "Hello, who are you? My name is Starlit Flame, and I came to see if you were alright after falling out of the sky and whatnot."

Link replied, "My name is Link, you know, the Hero of Time. What happened to Zelda, and did you say I fell out of the sky?"

Starlit responded, "Is Zelda one of the mares behind you?"

"What?" Link said as he turned around and saw that Zelda and Navi were in fact ponies, "This is strange, why are we all ponies, and when did ponies talk?

"Hold on," Starlit said, "Are you saying you weren't a pony, but that you are from somewhere else?"

"Yes, I suppose so, what is this place anyway?" Link asked.

Starlit responded, "This is the country of Equestria, in the Everfree Forest, which is near the town of Ponyville. Say, are you from the land of Hyrule?"

At this Link was beginning to get suspicious, how did she know about Hyrule if she was from another dimension entirely? "How do you know about Hyrule?" Link began to ask when then a crowd of six other ponies approached the scene, yet right behind them...

Surprised, Vaati asked, "Link?"

Link then immediately adapted to being a magic-using unicorn and drew the Master Sword from its sheath in preparation, "Vaati, the line of heroes meets you once again, old foe."

Author's Note:

Hello, and just to let you know, I have permission from Lord Siravant to use his version of Vaati, if you need proof to believe me, see Lord Sirvant's comments on chapter 17 of The Equestrian Wind Mage. Also, many thanks to you Lord Siravant if you are reading this. Also, the story takes place in no particular time period of the show, but, for the time being, it happens before Magical Mystery Cure.