• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 1,005 Views, 6 Comments

Celestia's Regret - PrincessStarlight5511



Celestia tells her story about her living years of dread and regret after the banishment of her little sister, Princess Luna

  • ...
0
 6
 1,005

Chapter 5: Goodnight Luna

I never spoke of my dear sister much over the years. After some time, no one remembered Luna and I took over Equestria all by myself. While my dear Luna is still up in the moon.

Every morning at the sun's rising I would smile at my kingdom. Smile as I lower the moon and raise the sun. Make it look like seeing them and waving at them brings happiness when really, it just makes my mood worse.

I would go to sleep at night and Luna's transformation and painful memories would fill my dreams. I would imagine her skin turning black and her light blue hair turn into that flowing dark hair.

I remember it was years ago , I would wave to all my subjects , feeling proud and powerful, only to not notice Luna in the background giving an expression of pure pain. Wanting to get the the love and attention she deserved only to get lonesome and sad when watching me take what she wanted.

It's just plain regret for me.

I regret not spending more of my nights by her side and telling her how much I love her.

Whenever I have such painful dreams I wake hoping to see her sleeping soundly beside me but I see nothing except the walls of my room. When I see those dark walls I feel weak all over again like the weakness I felt in me that tragic night.

Every time I raise the moon the first thing I see is the black side of it. The one my sister is on. I would sometimes fly up to the tallest mountain I see and pray for her return yet nothing surrounding me changes. Almost every pony is already in their sleeping homes and she is still safe in the moon.

My greatest of apologies to my dear sister. I feel the day of her return drawing near and I cannot wait to welcome her back. Luna, if you are still the monster known as Nightmare Moon, I'll get you back. You'll always be my little sister, no matter who you are. You're safe in the moon right now and soon you'll feel the warmth and comfort of me. I am still awaiting for your arrival, for it will be a day of relief and joy for all of Equestria.

I am going to fall asleep now sister. When I fall asleep this night, I hope that I can relive all of our happy memories together as little fillies. Sleep well tonight Luna, and you can relive them with me.

Goodnight my dear sister, goodnight Luna.

Comments ( 6 )

Oooh, very nicely done! The chapters are short and concise, but something about that, not to mention your writing style itself, reminds me strongly of James Patterson! I like this little read. :twilightsmile:

This was great! I love how you worded it out! Well-done! :twilightsmile:

Thank you so much! I'm still planning out a sequel but I hope you'll read that to.

Goodnight Luna
Goodnight Moon
Goodnight Rainbow's
Sonic Boom
(Sorry, with the chapter title, I just had to put that in :scootangel:)
Very nice story

3569920 You're welcome. Keep up the good work.

Login or register to comment