• Published 11th Nov 2013
  • 5,903 Views, 10 Comments

Hope and Fear: Sunset Past - Dasher924



Princess Celestia struggles to find a way to keep her student, Sunset Shimmer. What happens when Sunset decides to follow up on a story Celestia told her?

  • ...
6
 10
 5,903

Epilogue: New Future

“Alright Princess,” A purple unicorn said rather grumpily as she walked into Princess Celestia’s private study. “I guess I’m ready to go. Although I don’t really understand why I have to do this.”

“Thank you for going, my most faithful student.” Celestia answered. “I need someone I can trust to help oversee the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration.”

“Of course, your Highness. I will do my royal duty to you.” The unicorn then turned and started to walk out the doors.

“Twilight” Princess Celestia called making the unicorn stop in her tracks and turn around to face the alicorn.

“Yes Princess?” Twilight answered.

“Two things, Twilight. First: remember the other part of you mission. I would really like you to try to make some friends as well. And second: can I have a quick hug from my favorite student before you go?”

“Uh, sure thing Princess.” Twilight walked up to the princess and nuzzled up to here, before wrapping her front hooves around the alicorn. During the hug, Twilight noticed a framed picture on Celestia’s desk. “Um, Princess? Forgive me for asking, but who is that in your picture? And what is it?”

Celestia smiled, “This, my dear student is one of my closest friends. He’s a creature from a far away land. He was very special to me. Unfortunately, he died years ago trying to protect me and the rest of Equestria from harm.” A single tear rolled down Celestia face.

“I-I’m sorry.” Twilight said. “I didn’t know.”

“Please, don’t be. He only brings me happy memories. Memories that I want to keep and cherish. Sometimes when I’m having a bad day, thinking about him give me all the Hope I need to get through any obstacle, no matter how big.” And with that, Twilight left Celestia’s room leaving her alone, feeling more hopeful than ever before.

Author's Note:

Thank you for everyone who actually made it through this story! I truly appreciate it. Just in case you're wondering, I am planning to have a sequel coming out in the next month or two, so watch out for that! Until then, please leave a comment telling me what parts of the story you liked/didn't like, so I can attempt to fix those problems for my next story.

Comments ( 1 )

Wow :rainbowhuh:
That was pretty heavy.We git to meet both Shadow and Alan only to have them lost. But I fee that there is still more there then I can put my finger on.
But I like what you did with the interaction between Sunset and Celestia I always felt that the Princess plays thing too close to the vest and comes off as being manipulative.
Nice set up for this war of Fear and Hope that is coming but I wounder how it's going to play out?:trixieshiftright:
I guess I will have to watch you to see what happens next.:twilightsmile:

Well happy new year!
I wish you good luck and best wishes.

Login or register to comment