• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 3,899 Views, 49 Comments

An Unexpected Arrival - Prince Luna

  • ...
9
 49
 3,899

The Dragon Digimon: Dracmon & Monodramon- Spike's Element!

The Digital World is an unusual place, especially with the terrain changes. There is one part where the green grass of the forest suddenly changes to rough dirt all of a sudden. A forest to a tundra may sound weird, but this was the Digital World; anything's possible. Two unicorns were walking through this desert with their Digimon companions. They were fed up of having to carry the dragons.

"Why can't you walk for a while on your own, eh?" Snails asked Monodramon.

"Yeah, I'm getting tired!" Snips complained.

"It's just a little longer, I promise." Dracomon sniggered and winked at Monodramon.

"I don't like the sound of these Digimon." Snips whispered with a tear in his eye.

Snails simply nodded his head and continued walking back to the forest where they had started.

***

In the forest at that moment were the Digidestined, just noticing the tundra ahead.

"Oh, dear! My hooves are going to get all sandy!" Rarity frowned.

"That's gon' be the least of yer worries, Rarity," Applejack noted, "we're all gonna be hotter than a roast tater out there."

"It'll be fine," Twilight sighed, "As long as we keep going we'll find Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle A-S-A-P."

"Um...guys? What's that over there?" Fluttershy pointed.

Everyone looked in the direction of her shaking hoof. Two figures walked on from the tundra. Unsure of what to expect, everyone tensed to be ready for anything. They were all a little dissapointed when they saw Snips and Snails turn up.

"Snips? Snails? What are you guys doing here?" Spike asked.

"Well Monodramon and Dracomon wanted a lift back to the Digimon Village." Snails explained.

"Those are some cool Digimon," Spike commented in awe, "they're dragons like me."

A spark appeared in Monodramon's eye.

"Why don't you come with us, dragon?" He asked, looking at Dracomon.

"Uh...yeah! We'll show you just how a dragon Digimon works!" He sniggered.

"I'd really like to see that!" Spike commented.

Twilight looked to Lopmon and raised an eyebrow, then lowered her head to whisper.

"What's there to see exactly about a dragon Digimon?" she asked.

"I honestly don't know." Lopmon replied.

"Well...Spike, if you wanna go with them then go ahead, but please do catch up with us on the way back." Twilight said.

"Will do!" Spike beamed, walking off with the dragon Digimon, Snips and Snails.

***

Night fell rather quickly. Halfway through the tundra, the ponies set up a campsite.

"Now how're gonna light this fire?" Applejack sighed.

"Spike could normally do it." said Rainbow Dash.

"I do have a fire-based move," Biyomon commented and aimed at the logs in the center, "SPIRAL TWISTER!"

The logs set ablaze the moment her emerald flames blew over them, but just as this happened it began to rain.

"Rain? But this is a tundra!" Rarity shouted.

"The Digital World's weather acts weird." Doctor Whooves sighed.

"So you dunno what to expect?" Fluttershy asked, crawling into a tent.

"Never. Now come on, everypony...er...everyone," he said, looking at the Digimon, "into the tents."

The ponies and Digimon clambered into the tents except for Derpy who sat exactly where she was, looking at the smoking logs. Biyomon poked her head out of a tent, her face looked full of concern.

"Are you coming, Derpy?" she asked.

Derpy didn't turn her head to look at her Digimon partner. She rolled her eyes -which both went in opposite directions- and sighed.

"No." she grunted.

"You sure?" Biyomon whimpered.

"I'm staying here." Derpy said apathetically.

Biyomon frowned and returned to her tent to let Derpy soak in the depressing rain.

***

Snails carried some sausages on sticks to Monodramon, who happily munched on them, then spat them out.

"Too burnt." he snorted.

Snips then fed some to Dracomon, but he didn't open his mouth.

"I'm not hungry any more." he laughed.

Snips and Snails both sighed and collapsed to the ground. The dragon Digimon had them working hard and they got no respect. They did not like their partners at all. Monodramon stood up from the log he was perched on and nudged Spike hard in the back.

"Done with the fire?" he asked.

"Yeah...just...gotta." Spike struggled to talk as air blocked up his throat.

He belched loudly and lit the logs which he previously had to chop using only his tail. Dorumon watched sadly as the three were teased by the mean Digimon. Just as it had happened to the others, rain began to pour and douse the fire.

"Oh great!" Dracomon shouted.

"Way to go, Spike." Monodramon sarcastically sighed.

"What? That wasn't my fault!" Spike said.

Monodramon punched Spike in the stomach with enough force to push him into a tree.

"SPIKE!" Dorumon shouted.

Snips and Snails looked to their Digimon in astonishment, then galloped over to Spike.

"Spike! Are you okay?" Snips asked.

"You gotta get up, eh?" Snails said, lifting Spike from the ground.

Spike shook his head as he got to his feet and glared at Monodramon and Dracomon.

"You guys are real jerks." he said.

"So sue us." Monodramon laughed.

"We don't like you guys either." Dracomon said, then knocking away Dorumon.

"No! Dorumon!" Spike cried.

Dorumon had been hit very hard. He had a visible bruise under his fur and was gasping for breath.

"You two are bad Digimon partners!" Snails shouted.

"Hah! We were never even partners!" Dracomon said.

"Yeah, we just picked you chumps up 'cause you looked like you'd be good at doing some free labour for us." Monodramon added.

"That's not what friends are for!" Snips exclaimed.

"Pfft. Who needs friends?" Dracomon spat on the ground.

"Good people who deserve to live happily," Said Spike, who began to glow with a light aura, "and you guys need to be taught a lesson.

Start playing Spike's theme from the description.

"You've been jerks to Snips and Snails. You've pushed them around and you promised to treat me well. I thought I would even see the quirks of some cool dragon Digimon. But all I saw were jerks that hurt people and Digimon who are supposed to be their friends. That's not cool. Dorumon, I think we need to show these guys what it means to have friends." he smiled.

Dorumon slowly stood up and also began to glow. A necklace with a green gem in the shape of a flame faded onto Spike's neck and began to glow.

"I'm ready." Dorumon said.

"DORUMON, SHINKA!!" Spike cried.

"DORUMON DIGVOLVE TO..."

Dorumon became cloaked in white light and grew. The tiny wings on his back became larger. Spike jumped up and sat on the glowing Digimon's back.

"DORUGAMON!" the new Digimon shouted.

"Let's go, Dorugamon!" Spike said.

Dorugamon nodded and began to run towards Dracomon. The dragon jumped in the air and opened his jaw.

"BABY BREATH!" he called, firing a small firebolt towards Dorugamon.

"POWER METAL!" Dorugamon shouted.

A large iron ball was released from his mouth, extinguishing the fire and smacking Dracomon dead on in the face. He collapsed to the ground unconciously.

Monodramon tensed himself and ran towards Dorugamon, holding out his claw.

"BEAT KNUCKLE!" he shouted, punching Spike again, who fell off Dorugamon.

"CRACKING BITE!" Monodramon called, chomping Dorugamon's wing as he ran.

Monodramon held on tight with his large teeth as Dorugamon tried to shake him off, but it was no use. Snips and Snails then stood firmly and used magic on Monodramon, who was enveloped by an olive magic shine which lifted him off the Digimon. The unicorns worked together and in unison flung Monodramon far away, then did the same to Dracomon; who was still unconcious.

Stop playing theme here.

Spike stood up as Dorugamon returned to his Dorumon form and ran to hug the dragon.

"Nicely done, partner!" Spike laughed, then looked at Snips and Snails who looked sad.

"We thought we had our very own Digimon partners." Snails sighed.

"I guess we're not important enough." Snips said.

Spike walked over to them and patted their heads.

"Now guys, don't be like that! I'm sure you'll get your own Digimon eventually!" he smiled.

"You think so?" they both asked.

"Yeah, trust me!" Spike said.

"We'd better be going to the village." Snips commented.

"And we gotta find the others." Dorumon said.

"Spike, Dorumon. Thanks for saving our flanks out there. Thanks to your bravery we got rid of those creeps. They were working us silly." Snails said.

"No problem. Be careful next time you speak to a Digimon." Spike said.

"Oh, we will!" Snips laughed.

The four said their farewells and headed in opposite directions.

***

Spike arrived at the campsite to see Derpy sat all alone in the cold night air.

"Derpy? Are you alright?" Spike asked.

Derpy didn't reply.

"Well...good night, I suppose." Spike said, crawling into Twilight's tent.

Derpy still said nothing. She just sat there staring at the moon. Then, when she was sure nobody would notice, she stood up and began to journey further up the tundra.

Comments ( 8 )

Finally you update this story. I'm fine with Pony Showdown, but it's nothing compared to this. It's been a month and a half since you updated this; I had given up hope.

Also, one thing you might want to address in this fic is just where Luna and Celestia are. It's just that I would think that the location of such critical characters would be categorized as critical, need-to-know information, especially because if they were mixed up in this and not captured or something their first order of business would be finding the mane six; it would be helpful to explain what's stopping them from doing that.

483342 I've been meaning to update for a while. I was sort of on a writer's block for this chapter which is why it might not seem as good as the others, but I know where I'm going now. Luna and Celestia will appear soon. Remember that the gang are travelling to the Digital World's location of Ponyville, they may find them there.

483355

But the princesses would have been in Canterlot, not Ponyville.

New chapter! Wooooooooo! :pinkiehappy:

Also, quick question: How do you think will Spike react if he ever meets Examon (who is known as the "Dragon Emperor")?

483700 That's a good though...but let's wait a while before they meet such powerful Digimon :derpytongue2:

*chuckle* can't wait to see how Leomon dies THIS time.

483730 next few chapters please and I'm loving this story too a lot keep me updated and PM me on the story chapters

Login or register to comment