• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 648 Views, 8 Comments

A Very Bad Thing - SilentWanderer



Rainbow Dash did a very bad thing.

  • ...
6
 8
 648

Conclusion

I could not go back. I could not face my friends ever again.

I ran as fast as I could, as far as I could. When I could not run any more, I untied my wings, threw away the leash, and flew away.

I hid. High up in a mountain, where nopony would think of looking for me. I cried for hours, until my eyes were so dry that I could not cry any more.

As the sun began to set, I flew back. I knew I could not go back. But I wanted to look at Ponyville one last time, to fix its image in my memory forever.

From far away I watched the town. I hid in the clouds so I would not be seen.

I saw the buildings my friends lived in. Twilight's library. Carousel Boutique. Sugarcube Corner.

I pushed my cloud. In the distance, I could see Fluttershy's house. I did not go near it, afraid of being seen by her.

I pushed the cloud instead over Sweet Apple Acres. It went directly over the Cutie Mark Crusaders tree house. The three were playing in front of it. I gazed at Scootaloo. I would miss her.

I went away. I knew what I had to do.

-*-*-*-

The night was cold, but I did not care. I flew higher and higher, higher than I had ever flown.

I settled on a thin, almost transparent cloud. The stars were small dots of light above me. The houses of my friends were also small dots in the distance.

I thought of my past. The day I met each of them. The adventures we had together.

And what I had done.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and let myself fall backwards off the cloud.

The wind rushed past me. That had always been my favorite sensation. But this time, I let my wings flap uselessly by my side. I was not feeling anything anymore.

-*-*-*-

I expected pain, but there was none. I expected to hit something hard, but I didn't. Instead, I felt something soft.

I was carried for a while, and carefully placed on a fluffy, dense storm cloud.

It took me several minutes to gather the courage to open my eyes.

I blinked. She tenderly looked at me.

I could not understand.

“Fluttershy?”

She smiled.

“Why?”

She landed on the cloud.

“Why did you save me? After I did that?”

She laid on the cloud by my side. I did not look at her.

“It is true that you did a very bad thing, Rainbow Dash. I do not think that I could ever forgive you.

“But that does not mean that I want to see you gone. It does not mean that any of us want to see you gone.

“I wanted to hurt you because of what you did. I wanted to humiliate you because of what you did. But when you disappeared, I discovered that I did not want to lose you. Even after that.”

We both stayed silent for a long time.

“Will you... come back to us? Even if we cannot forgive you?”

I nodded slowly, and followed her back to the ground.

Comments ( 6 )

But what did she DO???!!!!?!?!?! Why must you hold back that info!??!?

Cute, heartwarming story, but what did she do? It's implied that she harmed animals in some way or another, but it's never actually stated.

Seriously. What did she do?

WHAT DID SHE DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twilightangry2:

PLease...... tell me what did she do ? :applecry:

What did she do?

If I knew, I would have put it in the story. I only know that it was a very bad thing.

I love this story very much. The only think that is bugging me, is what in Equestria did she do?????

Login or register to comment