• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 460 Views, 16 Comments

Doctor Whooves: Adventures in Equestria - PficsFTW



This story is my perception of how The Doctor came to Equestria in the first place, what crazy tales go on in this new land he has yet to explore, all the ponies he meets, and what happens when he meets them.

  • ...
1
 16
 460

Secret of The Factory!

"Hmm, interesting..." said The Doctor, near entering deep thought as he stared at the factory.

"Is something wrong, Doctor?" asked Ditzy.

"Huh?" The Doctor replied as he snapped back into reality. "Oh, I'm sure it's nothing. Let's fly up and find the TARDIS, shall we?" The Doctor avoided her question, but still wondered in the back of his mind, just why this factory was so intent on keeping its secrets.

"I-if you say so... What does it look like?"

"It's a tall blue box," he explained, "It has a small lantern on the very top, and at the highest point on all sides there is writing that reads 'POLICE PUBLIC CALL BOX'. Although, you probably won’t be of much use finding it, given the perception filter…”

"... What?" Ditzy asked expecting a better description as she tried to picture what he was describing.

"HA!" The Doctor shouted. "There it is!" The Doctor rushed down to the TARDIS, still a bit flimsy with his new appendages. He was happy to have found his old ‘wife’ again, and didn’t hesitate the instant he noticed her.

"D-Doctor, Wait for me!"

The Doctor landed next to the TARDIS and began examining it. "Hmm, something's wrong..." He thought aloud.

"Doctor..." Ditzy panted. "Don't... Go… So fast..."

"Hmm?" said The Doctor, only half acknowledging her as he put his ear up to the TARDIS door, tapped the side-panels a few times, and licked the door handle. "Oh, sorry..."

“Ew…” Ditzy commented, slightly grossed out at his actions. "Sooo, this is your ship? It looks kind of small, how do you manage fitting inside?" She tilted her head around the corner to confirm the ship’s size.

The Doctor grinned slightly upon hearing this. "Oh, you'll like this bit, Ditzy," he replied as he pulled a key from his coat, and unlocked the door. "Go on, take a peek inside."

"Oookaayyyy..." said Ditzy as she poked her head through the door. "EEP!" she yelped, gaining a chuckle from The Doctor. "H-how did you do that?!"

"Ahhh, science, Ditzy," said The Doctor contently, "Science." The Doctor then entered the TARDIS. "So, do you believe me now?"

"Hmm," said Ditzy, "If it's a spaceship, then it can fly, right?"

"It can fly, or disappear then reappear," replied The Doctor.

"In that case, make it fly," said Ditzy.

"Hmm," said The Doctor as he examined the TARDIS console. "I'm afraid she's not going anywhere..."

"Why not?..." asked Ditzy.

"She has been stubborn in the past," replied The Doctor, " but she's purposely forcing herself to stay locked on to this exact spot..."

"W-wait, it's..." said Ditzy. "Alive?"

The Doctor slightly turned his head, mostly paying attention to the TARDIS. "Yeah..."

"W-well, why does it- er..." said Ditzy, catching herself, "She want to stay here so badly?"

"I can't say for sure," said The Doctor, "But I do have one theory..."

"What is it?" asked Ditzy.

"The Rainbow Factory," replied The Doctor.

"What?" asked Ditzy obscurely. "What does the Rainbow Factory have to do with anything?"

"Think about it," explained The Doctor, "What secret recipe could be so important that they don't let anypony in?"

"Well, I don't know..." replied Ditzy. "I guess I never really thought of it that way..."

"Exactly!" announced The Doctor. "But if it were anything else in that situation, there would be theories, and conspiracies, and ponies trying to break in, right?"

"Th-that would make sense..." said Ditzy. "But, Doctor, why haven't ponies thought about this before?"

"Because they, whoever owns that factory, is using a perception filter!" shouted The Doctor enthusiastically.

"What's a 'perception filter'?" Ditzy wondered curiously.

"It's a filter," began The Doctor, "It alters the importance of something or someone in your self-conscious. It doesn't make it invisible, but it makes it seem less important, therefore preventing any unwanted second thoughts."

"And why haven't I heard of a perception filter before?" asked Ditzy.

The Doctor thought for a few seconds. "...Because it's out of date..."

"And what's that supposed to mean?" asked Ditzy.

"It means it's out of date..." The Doctor repeated. "You're not technologically advanced enough to have these... So that only leaves one explanation..."

"W-which is?..." Ditzy wondered.

The Doctor turned towards Ditzy, looking her in the eye. "It means I'm not the only alien here."

"S-so what do we do?" asked Ditzy.

"Well," The Doctor started, "We find out what it is, and put a stop to it!"

"Yay!" Ditzy cheered.

"But first..." interrupted The Doctor.

"What?" asked Ditzy.

"First, I need some decent cloths," The Doctor replied.

"Uh, w-what?..." Ditzy deadpanned.

"Well I don't have pockets as a pony," replied The Doctor, "And I'd much rather wear something that fits instead of this old coat."

"Um, okaay..." said Ditzy.

"And I believe..." said The Doctor as he went up a spiral staircase, closely followed by Ditzy. "I have one that just might fit... Ha! There it is!" he said upon pulling out a suit from a long line of cloths. It was a brown suit with yellow pinstripes. He also reached his head into a large bin that was full of various ties. "Ah, there it is!" he said as he pulled out a tie. It was of the same color scheme as the suit, but instead of stripes, it had Gallifreyan writing on it.

"Wow, you sure do have a lot of cloths..." Ditzy commented, whilst looking around the large room filled with various cloths.

"I've been around the block a few times," said The Doctor as he began putting on his suit.

"Uh-huh..." replied Ditzy as she continued looking at all the cloths The Doctor owned.

The Doctor then finished his outfit upon putting his screwdriver in his front pocket, with the back end pointing upwards. "Alrighty, that ought a do nicely," he said. "Come on, then Ditzy! Off to the Rainbow Factory!"

"What?" said Ditzy as she realized what he said. "Oh, c-coming!"


At The Factory


"Alright, be quiet Ditzy," whispered The Doctor, "We don't want any of the guards hearing us."

"So, do you have a plan?" asked Ditzy.

"Sort of..." said The Doctor. "We need some kind of distraction, something big and obvious, something that even they would investiga-AH!" The Doctor's sentence was cut short as a large explosion filled their ears. "Ugh, talk about good timing... Hurry, before the guards come back!"

"D-Doctor, did you see-WOAH!" said Ditzy before she was interrupted by The Doctor grabbing her and running towards the front door of the factory.


Inside The Factory


"I... Don't think... They saw us..." said The Doctor between breaths.

"Doctor!" Ditzy shouted. "Did you see that giant explosion?!"

"I'm afraid not," replied The Doctor, "Why? What was it?"

"I-it was a Sonic Rainboom!" said Ditzy.

"What's that?" asked The Doctor.

"Only one of the coolest flying tricks ever!" exclaimed Ditzy. "It's what happens when a Pegasus flies so fast, that they break the sound barrier! It makes this CRAZY giant rainbow effect! It's only been done once in all of pony history! And I think the counter just went up!!"

"Though that does sound interesting, Ditzy," said The Doctor, "I think we have a more important task at ha- er... hoof..."

"O-oh, right..." said Ditzy. "Sorry."

"Apology accepted," replied The Doctor. "Now, let's investigate this place."


Some Time Later


"Soo," Ditzy started, "What are we looking for, exactly?"

"Some kind of main room of operation," said The Doctor, "The place where all the stuff happens, the place... With a big door with lots of locks!" announced The Doctor as he found just that.

"Yay!" cheered Ditzy. "But, wait... How do we get in?"

"We get in..." began The Doctor as he pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver. "Uving diff!"

"What is that thing?" wondered Ditzy.

"Iff a fonic fcewdivah!" replied The Doctor.

"A... what?" Ditzy asked.

The Doctor then rolled his eyes and temporarily put away his screwdriver. "I said It's called a 'Sonic Screwdriver'."

"Well what does it do?" replied Ditzy.

"Pretty much anything involving machinery and technology," replied The Doctor. "However, I like to use it for opening locks."

"Oh, OK..." said Ditzy.

"It's gonna take me a while to get through this," said The Doctor, "In the meantime, you stand watch so staff doesn't give us trouble."

"Okey dokey!" said Ditzy as she proceeded to do as told.


Five Minutes of Sonicing And Watching Later


"Done!" shouted The Doctor. "Are you ready, Ditzy?"

"Yup" replied Ditzy.

"Alright, let's uncover this my...ster...y..." The Doctor stopped as his eyes went wide upon opening the door. "Ditzy, don't go through this door..."

"What's wrong Doctor?" Ditzy asked curiously. "What are you... EE-" her yelp was cut off by The Doctor's hoof in her mouth. Tears began to well in Ditzy's eyes as she watched what went on behind that door.

The Doctor turned towards Ditzy, looking straight into her eyes. "Ditzy, don't scream, it'll only give away our cover."

Ditzy then nodded in agreement as her breathing quickened and tears began pouring down her face. "W-w-what are th-they doing in th-there?" she asked.

"I think they're making rainbows," said The Doctor. "Ditzy, this is far worse than I imagined. I am going to examine the machine from here, so I can figure out how it works, and disable it. I need you to continue keeping watch, can you do that for me?"

"O-o-okay," Ditzy nodded and proceeded to do so. Ditzy was in deep thought, hoping that they would get through this and stop whoever is running the factory. Given her currently thinking, and having blurred eyes from tears, she wasn't able to notice the pony that grabbed her and put a cloth in in her face.


Ten Minutes Later


"OK, Ditzy," The Doctor began, "I think I know what I have to... do. Damnit, she ran off!" he exclaimed in a whisper. "Ugh, don't they always?" he said under his breath. He then noticed something in the corner of his eye, it was another Pegasus being strapped to the machine, It was Ditzy. The Doctor gasped. "DITZY!" he shouted, gaining the attention of all the workers. "I'M COMING!" with that, The Doctor jumped off the balcony he was on, landed in a pile of corpses, and dashed to Ditzy.

The Doctor ran over what seemed to be hundreds of dead Pegasi in a large bowl. He made a mad jump off the edge, almost keeping his footing when he descended to the floor. He wouldn’t have tripped, had his hooves, and most of his lower body, being covered in blood.

He quickly recovered, sprinting with all his might to the stair case up to the machine. That’s when the guards began to chase him.

Meanwhile, Ditzy was still unconscious, and was being strapped to a pony-sized metal slab. The platform she was on began to rise, which stirred her awake. “H-guh-wha?...” she mumbled. Her eyes widened upon realizing the many knives and sharp objects that were in front of her. She tried to scream, but her voice was barely audible, given there was strap keeping her muzzle shut. She struggled, wanting to be free from the stiff, tight leather straps keeping down her neck, all four limbs, and wings.

Tears began to well up in her eyes, as she realized she was completely incapable of escaping. Then she heard a shouting, a stallion’s voice screaming at her. “I’M COMING DITZY!!! JUST WAIT THERE AND ILL –“ was all she could hear before the roar of engines filled her ears, and the sharp object before her began their own motions, and steadily made their way towards her.

The Doctor rushed up the stairs, focused solely on saving his grey friend. He pulled his sonic from his suit pocket, and tried to figure out how the machine operated. He noticed a panel on the machine with four screws, each in the corners of the panel. He quickly used his screwdriver to undo the screws, and kicked off the panel.

Inside the machine were many gears, each of many different sizes, all turning. He looked back at Ditzy’s direction. She didn’t have much time before the knives reached her. He gasped slightly, and in a moment of panic, thought to himself Oh, dear sonic, goodbye, old friend! He quickly jammed his screwdriver in between two large gears, and watched as all the inside machinery stopped and the engines faulted. His screwdriver suffered an unfortunate fate as it blew sparks and got squished in the machine. He wasn’t getting it back.

He looked back to Ditzy, to which he saw her; Eyes closed, tears pouring from her eyelids, and wincing as she awaited the many blades just inches away from her. The Doctor glided down to the pole at which her table was on. He pulled a lever near it, thus causing the platform to descend towards him.

Ditzy opened her eyes when she felt herself being lowered. After a few seconds, she saw The Doctor. Her face quickly brightened as she saw him quickly attend to her straps, and set her free. “Oh, Celestia, thank you Doctor!” she shouted as she leapt towards The Doctor, and pulled him into a tight hug, tears still in her eyes. “I thought I was going to die! I-I was so scared!!” Ditzy pulled him in tighter.

The Doctor returned the hug – After some hesitation – and began to try and calm her down. “O-okay, calm down, Ditzy.” He pulled away. “Now that we’ve gotten you out, we need to get to the bottom of this mess, OK?”

Ditzy opened her mouth to begin a reply, but was interrupted when a hoof struck her in the head, in which she blacked out.

Author's Note:

OK, so something I thought I should get out there... I haven't read Rainbow Factory, given that I am too much of a wuss. This is my interpretation of the factory, from the knowledge that I have.

Comments ( 5 )

Read The Fragments of Symphony as it is about how the Tenth Doctor Whooves restores normality and regenerates into the Eleventh Doctor Whooves.

Why was this cancelled? :fluttercry:

4970288

Sorry about that. :ajsleepy: I made this a while ago, and I'm not really a good writer. I'm actually surprised I haven't removed it, it's embarrassing for me to even think about. :twilightblush:

4970437 Uncancel it, get an editor, and write more!

4970506

Ehhh... I'm not too confident in my writing skills... Maybe in the future I'll get a spark of creativity and continue the story. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment