• Published 11th Oct 2013
  • 893 Views, 18 Comments

Memory Waterfall - MrMidnightSpark



A century have passed after the Elements of Harmony deaths, Spike is left to wonder what remains for him.

  • ...
2
 18
 893

What is left

A pair of green eyes glances at a waterfall, a purple blur is at a cliff that leads to a lake. In the middle of the lake a beautiful island filled with flowers and trees, their leaves falling on the entire extension of the island. There are six tombstones adorned with flowers in a circular formation, five laid at the circle and one at the very center. There is a stone at the front of the circle. The written in the stone read: Here lies the Elements of Harmony, protectors of peace and justice in Equestria.

"Oh, how I wish you were here. This is the most peaceful century Equestria ever saw. All of this couldn't be done without you all." He said while sighing. "I made beautiful memories with you all, even if the relationship between us in the start wasn't the best. You treated me almost like a slave, but when I gave you all a piece of my mind, all of this changed and you saw me like a friend, I was added in the adventures. There were no happiest time for me. I'm very thankful and I won't be able to forget you all." Even if there is already a century of your deaths. "I remember everyone and each of you specially, this will never change."

Flashback...

I was a teenage dragon, oh, how time flies when you have fun. It was forty years after we saved the Crystal Empire.

"What's up, Dragon boy?" Said the pegasus mare with a rainbow mane. "Are you afraid?"

"W-what!? Of course not, if it's a race you want, a race you'll get."

"Huh, getting ahead of yourself now? Forgot that I'm the fastest flier in Equestria?" Yes, she was, literally, no pony ever beat her, even if she was 57 years old already.

"I'm just thinking if it's okay for you to just race against me, even if you are already 57."

"W-what!? Do you think that I can't beat you in this age? No pony ever beat me, what makes you think that you have a chance?"

"N-nothing, really, if you are okay with it, then, let's start this already."

In the end of the race, Rainbow Dash was winning, but, before she reached the finish line, she slowed down, just a little. I could pass, I took the chance and finished first. Then, I realized that she let me win. The Element of Loyalty, never disappoint her friends.

End of flashback...

The dragon reaches a bag that was at his side, from the inside he removed a necklace. "I kept it all this years, Dash." It was a necklace saying: 'Wonderbolts' with a rainbow colored lightning below the letters. "You gave one for each of the girls and one for me. How you were happy when you finally entered the Wonderbolts, it was your dream, of course you would be happy."

Flashback...

In the same year of the salvation of the Crystal Empire.

"Open your gift!" Said a pink colored mare with a wide smile.

"Are you sure of this, don't you remember what happened in my last birthday?" I said.

"Of course I remember, but this won't be the case now, silly!"

"If you are sure..." In that gift was something that I never knew it could contain. I opened it gently.

"A party cannon!? For me!?"

"Of course, it's your birthday after all, I figured that you would like one, you know how to PARTY!"

"Thanks Pinkie, thank you very much!"

End of flashback...

He reached the bag again, this time removing the party cannon. "It still works to this day. The Element of Laughter, always keeping everypony in it's surroundings happy. After all, it was you, Pinkie."

Flashback...

Ten years after the Crystal Empire event.

"Oh, he must have really wanted to leave, it's his choice after all." Said the yellow pegasus mare with pink mane.

"I know, Fluttershy, but I will miss him!" I said, shedding a tear.

"He will be back, you will see, he likes you, he wouldn't leave you for too much time. He needs to discover things about his species. Remember when you wanted to go with the dragons in the dragon migration to know more about your kind?"

"Yes, you think he will be back soon? I don't want Peewee to be away for too long."

"Of course he will be back soon."

"Thanks, Fluttershy. I really needed that."

End of flashback...

He reached the bag once more while a Phoenix landed in his shoulder. "Ah, Peewee, you are back, had a good hunt?" Peewee only chirped in response. "Seems like it." He pulled an anklet, it was purple on the outside and green at the middle. "I would still be wearing this, but it doesn't fit anymore. I would never throw it away. The Element of Kindness, always making everypony see the light in the situation." Peewee chirped, probably remembering his old friends.

Flashback...

On the same year of the Crystal Empire incident.

"I am so weak, that's why I could not help there!" I said.

"It was a great thing ya did there, Spike. Saving the Crystal Empire, ya had guts." Said an orange earth pony mare.

"Of course not, it was an accident, because I was weak."

"Ah'll admit, ya are a little weak, but, wait here, ah be back in a moment." She said while heading to another room.

She returned, with something in her hands. "Now, close yer eyes." I closed them. I was surprised by the weight the thing had, almost dropped it on the ground. I opened my eyes. It was a weight.

"Ah would have waited for yer next birthday ta give it ta ya, but ah saw that ya need it now, from the things that ya are saying, so, take it."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, sugar."

"Oh, thank you, Applejack, thank you very much!"

End of flashback...

He removed the weight from the bag and picked it with one clawed finger. "See, I'm strong now. The Element of Honesty, always honest but kind anyway."

Flashback...

Ten years after the Crystal Empire event.

Rarity made dresses for all the girls, I didn't received clothes. Rarity called me to come to her house, Carousel Boutique.

"So, you made this for me? Really!?" I said.

"Of course, darling. It took more time to finish yours because of the details. My Spikey-wikey deserves the best." Handing him a blue tuxedo with her magic.

"Thank you, Rarity! It's beautiful, I haven't seen one more beautiful than this. Thank you very much!"

End of flashback...

He, one more time, reached the bag. He pulled the blue tuxedo. "I can't wear it anymore, but this don't meant that I would throw it away. The Element of Generosity, always putting the others ahead of her."

Flashback...

Forty years after the Crystal Empire salvation.

"It's not like that, Spike, we always have been a family." Stated a lavender coated and purple maned unicorn.

"Y-you think?" I asked.

"Of course. Me, you and the girls, we have always been a family, regardless of our species, we are a great, big family."

"Twilight..."

End of flashback...

"Ah, Twilight..." He said while wiping a tear from his eye. He reached the bag one more time to pick a picture. It had the girls and Twilight hugging him in the middle. All of them in a picture. "What good times... The Element of Magic, always making everypony remember the power of friendship. What a good legacy all of you left."

"Uncle Spike!" Said a pony.

Spike turned his head to see six ponies waving for him.

"Oh, hi little ones. Already free from your chores?" Spike asked.

"Yes, come on, uncle Spike, tell us another story of the Elements of Harmony, we want to hear one of Velvet's grand-grandmother, Twilight Sparkle." Said one of the ponies.

Yeah... Such a good legacy you left...

Author's Note:

Finally completed one work. Actually, I'm not a native english speaker, so forgive for my mistakes and warn me in the comment section if you want me to get better, and don't hesitate to use the flames, I want to grow as a writer.
This is my first one-shot, my first completed story and my third story after all. I did this one to grow as a writer, I wanted to earn experience to continue (or even rewrite) my other stories, Midnight Spark and Harmony, Of Moon and Shadows. This two are still unfinished and on hiatus, with four and three chapters respectively. I'm letting this out now because my finals week ended and I will try to write more, but I don't want you to have false hopes, I will try my best. I am also making poems/prophecy on my blog posts that I pretend to add on my fics (some time later).
Wish me luck,
Your ashamed writer
MrMidnightSpark.
Good Night.

Comments ( 18 )

3334137 Thank you very much, sir. You don't know how much this means to me. :twilightsmile:

3334149
um... u either mean miss or ma'am i am pretty sure im not a man

Right in the feels.

3334153 Sorry to assume that, Ma'am. Your nickname does suggest otherwise. :twilightblush:

3334169 SpiritWolf is a unisex name, but, it appears to be a male stereotype, sorry, it's my opinion. :twilightsmile:

3334188
opinion granted. but anyway... it was a wonderful story

It's both sad and happy at the same time. Even though the mane 6 have died they've left new bearers in their place. Very good story. Also thank you for faving my story will be updating soon.

3335483 That's why I made this the way it came out, I wanted to say that even if everypony died, at the end, they would leave a legacy that would remain there for generations and pass it. Thank you.
:twilightsmile:

3338115 It was my pleasure and I hope that you'll check out my story Return of the Windigos.

great but to short not enough loss and emotion

You managed to create intense emotion with less than two thousand words. You are truly an excellent writer, my friend.
All too often, people focus on the length of stories like this, and never on the emotions invoked during the time spent reading them.
For once, It was nice to read a story of this type in a few minutes, and still feel that emotional impact of losing someone you cared deeply for.

6543833 WOW! Didn't expect that. You don't even know how much this means to me. Thanks. :twilightsmile:
Seeing that I, myself, hardly write anything at all. I'm still practicing to see if I can become a better writer.
I'm really honored that someone can say that I am an excellent writer. And if you consider me as a friend, I would be honored even more if I could call you a friend too.
Until next time, my friend.

6549563 I've written a story myself, and while it's not a quick read, If you like armored core, you might wanna give it a look.

Login or register to comment