• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 534 Views, 12 Comments

Be Strong - fluttershylover357



When Rainbow Dash loses her parents, it has a huge impact on her life. She encounters many problems along the way as she tries to overcome the grief that takes over.

  • ...
 12
 534

Chapter 9

Rainbow Dash sighed, picking the dream Apple Jack up and carrying her to a new spot. This time, she explored the secret tunnel beneath the cave, finding it led to a small, abandoned cottage. She laid AJ down on one of the two small cots, then stood on the other, waiting for her real self to wake up. Eventually, after fifteen minutes of standing, sitting, and pacing, she began to ache, and the dream world rippled yet again as yet another pony began to exit.

"Ugh... it would be nice if waking up didn't hurt so much..." She said as she finished her exit and her dream self fell over, hitting her head on the headboard of the cot.

"Ugh.... Ow...." Rainbow Dash touched her head, then looked at her hoof, which luckily wasn't covered in blood. Geez... I almost got a concussion.... in a hospital? She giggled a bit and thought of how the doctors and nurses would react to that. She stretched herself out, the cords and strange machines gone. Her body felt strangely refreshed, almost as though she had recently had a hot bubble bath. She looked around the room. It was still the same room.... same boring wallpaper and ceiling, same boring green curtains, and same boring old green patient gown. She sighed, her wings still sore. She tried one more time to move them, and finally succeeded. She tried to flap them, and was easily able to do that. Geez... How long was I in here? She looked at the nurse who just entered, smiling. The nurse smiled back.

"We have some great news, Ms. Rainbow Dash. Today you will be released from the hospital!" Rainbow Dash flapped her wings, rising into the air as high as she could without hitting her head on the ceiling.

"Yes!" She said, doing a small flip.

"But..." The nurse frowned, waiting for Rainbow Dash to come down from the ceiling. After a minute or so, she did. "Your friend won't be coming out for a while yet. She has a bad concussion and a fever. She must have had both for months..." Rainbow Dash frowned, looking at the nurse.

"What? Really? She was fine before I brought her here.... and before she fell over..." She frowned even more, really upset that AJ would be stuck in the boring hospital. "How much longer will she be here for?" The nurse frowned, then said,

"Three weeks, at the least." She smiled a bit. "But... I will extend visiting hours a bit for you." Rainbow Dash put a small smile on her face as well. "Well... at least one of us gets to leave... right?" The nurse nodded.

"Are you ready to be checked out?" Rainbow Dash nodded.

"Good. Follow me, please." The nurse led Rainbow Dash to the checkout, giving her the bill, the paperwork, and the forms to take home. Rainbow Dash frowned at the price, but didn't argue against it. She then flew out the big glass doors. I guess I'll visit AJ later... She flew up to Cloudsdale in about ten seconds flat, landing in front of her house. Here we go... She walked through the open door of the quiet cloud house, knowing she had done the impossible. She had gotten over the deaths of her parents in less than a month. Well... almost. As her eyes began to water at the sight of the empty house, she reassured herself. Be strong. Just... be strong.

Comments ( 12 )

Quite good and rather interesting!
I gave you for that!

3278453 Thank you! I am glad you liked it! :twilightsmile:

3292465

I hope you would read my works something! :fluttercry:
I believe you will find them amusing!

3292649 I would love to take a look sometime! I am currently making another fan fiction about Apple Bloom. I hope you check it out once it's published! :pinkiesmile:

3292973

I am more than happy to hear your reply soon :coolphoto:

3292977 I'm so sorry I didn't notice sooner! I have been busy... You know, real life and stuff, and I have started reading your fan fiction! It is really interesting so far... Although I have spotted quite a few grammar issues. Otherwise, I definitely think it is interesting. :yay:

3302836

Darn it! I tried to keep grammar mistakes out as possible. So i would like to know were the grammatical mistakes fatal to my story?

I was also busy to keep up with few AP classes in school so having a little time to write fiction but i am starting to work on chapter 4 now.
I hope to see your reply soon!

3302948 Oh... Well, you see, I thought it was really good... and most of the time I corrected them in my head. If you wanted me to, though, I could fix the grammar errors in the entire fan fic I am currently reading (I think you only wrote one, but just to be sure). I haven't really had many problems with it, I actually thought it was a lot better than mine could ever be. And... I'm sorry I took so long. :ajbemused:

3302959

No problem at all!
Thank you for your advice!

3303192 Um... okay... you're welcome.... I guess.... You can PM me tomorrow on this account around 11:50, I should be on around then. If I don't get back to you for a while.... Just assume I slept in. I really look forward to being your assistant (sort of):raritystarry:

Comment posted by fluttershylover357 deleted Oct 9th, 2013
Login or register to comment