• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 533 Views, 12 Comments

Be Strong - fluttershylover357



When Rainbow Dash loses her parents, it has a huge impact on her life. She encounters many problems along the way as she tries to overcome the grief that takes over.

  • ...
 12
 533

Chapter 7

Rainbow Dash opened her eyes, then stretched her hooves out, careful to keep her wings folded in. After she had finished stretching, she looked around the room. Around her were small machines, all of them attached with cords to her head. She was on an observation table, and she ached everywhere for some weird reason.

"Wha..." She looked around, wondering why she was here instead of in her hospital room. Why are there machines around me? She wondered. She looked at each of them in turn, still not knowing what they were. Is this some kind of cruel joke? She sighed, then looked up at the ceiling. Wherever I am... It's extremely boring. As if on cue, a nurse walked in. Rainbow Dash struggled against the straps holding her after seeing what the nurse was holding. The nurse was holding a small mask, which she was trying to place on Rainbow Dash's face. It had a cord attached to it, and it was see-through.

Rainbow Dash struggled hard, trying to escape the straps' tight embrace around her arms, trying to think of some way she could get out. She tried to scream, but the moment her mouth came open, the mask was on her, and it was too late. She held her breath, not wanting to breathe in any of the gas she thought would knock her out again. She wanted to stay awake for a bit longer. Her body was still aching, but that didn't matter. She held her breath for as long as she could, until finally, she began to feel woozy from a lack of oxygen. She had to take a breath. But... she couldn't... She had to. She took one breath... and the gas.... didn't knock her out? What was going on? The moment she realized what it was, she was gulping the oxygen down thankfully, her body still aching for some strange reason, but she didn't care anymore. She had oxygen. She was awake and alive.

She was... a small bit of medicine was inserted into her IV. Dang it! Why hadn't she thought of that? She didn't feel woozy though. No, this wasn't that type of medicine. Her painful spots went numb. Oh.... well, at least she was still awake. And... she was a little thankful that she had oxygen and no pain... but.... why were those machines hooked up to her? The nurse gently pushed a tank of some more of the wonderful oxygen into the machine hooked up to the mask. But... it wasn't oxygen. No... it was.... something else.... Suddenly, Rainbow Dash couldn't think straight. Her head was spinning, and she was giggling uncomfortably. She was... really.... happy? Oh.... laughing gas.... Darn it!

The nurse unstrapped her, and she picked her up, placing her on a bed and then covering her with a warm blanket. Unfortunately, the machines were still hooked up to her, but Rainbow Dash couldn't think straight enough to care. Her hoof was lifted into the air, and a small needle was inserted. The mask was taken off, and Rainbow Dash was breathing oxygen again, the gas wearing off. She wasn't drowsy though... at least, not yet... The nurse gently pushed the apparently mobile bed into her hospital room along with the machines, then took the needle out for a moment. She then inserted another.... Rainbow Dash prepared herself.... and was sucked back into her dream self.