• Published 15th Sep 2013
  • 367 Views, 2 Comments

The Dawn of Viribus - BardBronyPony



The beginning of Equestria and the history of Canterlot

  • ...
 2
 367

The Amulet of Umbra

After the Consilium had been defeated and banished from the land, a powerful item had been left untouched. It was Umbra’s powerful amulet, or the Alicorn amulet. Before Umbra’s death, the amulet had absorbed both the mind of Umbra and the power of the Crystállum. After the defeat of the Consilium, the amulet had fallen to the corruption of the land, buried for many years where it would sit in silence until one day when a traveler with a cart of antiques to sell had crossed a field of grass to get to the town of Divitiae. One his way to the Divitiae, his cart had gotten stick on an unknown object in the grass. When the traveler went to see what the problem was, he glimpsed a red shine come from the bottom of his cart’s wheel. He slowly backed up his cart to retrieve the item, and when he did he was astounded by the item. It was an amulet, but he was unaware of what evil had lurked within so he put it in his cart for he would sell it to a customer who would be willing to pay a high price for such an item.

In another region of Equestria, after a defeat by Twilight Sparkle, the leader of Vi Iuba, a pony named Trixie worked at a stone farm where she worked her days to live as a stone farmer. While breaking up stone, she had happened upon a stone that seemed different than the other stone. Unaware of its contents, she hit the stone and a strange gem came out of the stone. The gem was a rare mineral that existed at the beginning of the Crystal Empire, which unknown to Trixie, was the same mineral used to form the Crystállum known as Gemma. Though the Gemma acted only as a connector between all forms of the mineral until an ancient Eu was applied to it, it would allow Umbra’s mind within his amulet to communicate to those who touched the mineral.

As Trixie picked up the mysterious gem, a burst of darkness and shadow came from the Gemma. Startled by the sudden event, Trixie dropped the Gemma, but curious about what just occurred she picked it up and the shadow appeared again. Two eyes of red appeared within the shadow with a low growl emitting from it. Then, Trixie began seeing the vision of her feelings for revenge against the Vi Iuba and then a vision of an amulet, which Umbra told in her mind would grant her powers to get her revenge for all the wrong done against her. Umbra would use this as a way to control Trixie and soon be able to rule again and form the Consilium once more and take over Equestria. Trixie agreed to find the amulet and let him control the powers of the amulet. With her money, she went to the place found in the vision and at night snuck into a shop that an assortment of items.

The traveler, who was inside the shop, found Trixie and, since he did not get much business, he knew he would be able to sell the item he had found on his way to the town. He led her to the amulet and Trixie requested the amulet. Trixie gave the traveler money to buy the amulet and finally had gotten the amulet which Umbra had told her about. Then, she began hearing a voice. It was the same voice she heard when she picked up that piece of Gemma from the stone. Then, her sight began fading. Umbra had begun taking over her body and soon had complete control of it. Umbra, knowing the location of the six of the Vi Iuba, went to Ponyville where he planned to prevent the completion of the Vi Iuba and form the Consilium once more.

Umbra, being Trixie, entered Ponyville and was met by the Vi Iuba. Umbra then challenged the leader of the Vi Iuba, Twilight Sparkle to a Magic Duel, which if he won would allow him to use the kingdom of Canterlot to become his. For the Magic Duel, Umbra turned two of Trixie’s loyals into the old and young. Because Twilight was not powerful enough to do such actions, Umbra exiled Twilight Sparkle from Ponyville so he could begin the task of both building his kingdom of the shadows and end the Vi Iuba. Twilight Sparkle, being exiled from Ponyville, went to a zebra known as Zecora to learn more to defeat who she thought was Trixie. Zecora began teaching Twilight Sparkle about not just how to use her powers, but when to use it. She was taught moderation and to not fall into the evil of the power she had bared. However, Twilight Sparkle began giving up on the task. Futtershy, one of the Vi Iuba who had escaped from the prison of Ponyville ruled by Umbra, told her of the amulet that Trixie was wearing. Knowing of the amulet, Twilight Sparkle finally knew how to defeat her.

Twilight Sparkle finally enters Ponyville to challenge Umbra once more, but in a different way. Her plan is to use the rest of the Vi Iuba to act out powers that a fake amulet she will be wearing seems to carry out. Umbra’s hunger for power will cause him to take off the amulet. As the plan is being carried out, Twilight Sparkle makes a deal with Umbra to trade amulets so that she would remove the evil powers away from Trixie. Umbra takes off the amulet, which removes his control from Trixie. Trixie, who is defeated by Twilight Sparkle, flees Ponyville. Umbra’s amulet is then stored in a box where it will not get into another pony’s hooves again.

Comments ( 2 )

Okay, I've read the whole thing, and though I really like the idea, it's not really a story, but more of an exposition. If it was actually told in a point of view, then it would be better.

Thank you for the comment. The point of view is merely from a narrative of the "books" on the history of Equestria. It really builds off the narrative of The Similarion.

Login or register to comment