• Published 22nd Sep 2013
  • 685 Views, 5 Comments

A Tale of Ponies And Fear - SwedeBrony



A Tale of Ponies And Fear is a collection of stories following different ponies as they deal with their fears and phobias.

  • ...
 5
 685

Globophobia II

Steam Tinker may look like any other ordinary little colt. But the fact is that there is one thing that separates him from the other ponies his age. The thing that makes him different is that he is globophobic. Steam Tinker suffers from a balloon phobia. A phobia he has had since he was very young. Steam Tinker is now eight years old and is very nervous about an upcoming event.

"Hey Steam it's only a day left until my birthday. Fun right!"

"Yeah fun Lightning" i responded very unenthusiastic. The reason i was pretty sad is because tomorrow is my older brother Lightning Strikes birthday. Im not very happy about it because i know there will be balloons there. My brother has invited his closest friends to attend the party. None of his friends knows about my phobia. I sight as i drift of into my own thoughts but im quickly interrupted.

"Steam Tinker could you please come here for a bit?"

"Yes mom" I walk downstairs into the livingroom where my mom is waiting for me. I see that she is standing next to a couple of shopping bags.

"What is it you wanted mom?"

"I need your help preparing for tomorrows party"

"Okay what do you need me to do? Clean around the house?"

"No i need your help with something more important."

"And what is it?"

She points her hoof at two of the shopping bags. I walk over to them and look inside.

"No! im not helping you with that" Inside the two shopping bags i see tons and tons of balloons

"Steam Tinker don't be silly"

"I won't help you"

"Honey this might cure your little phobia"

"I don't want to help you"

"Okay your leaving me no choice. You either help me blow them up or I will make you pop every single one after the party"

"I don't believe you!" my mother looked really angry now.

"Oh you don't believe me?" She reached her hoof down into the bag and pulled out two balloons and quickly inflated and tied both of them. She gave one to me and looked at me.

"Pop it"

"You're joking right?"

"No im serious pop it now"

"No i won't"

"Fine" and with out hesitating she pulled out a pin from a bag and popped the balloon she held. I jumped and was starting to tear up a bit.

"Now pop your balloon"

"NO!" I shouted and then she popped it in my face

"Now will you help me or do i need to continue?"

"O..okay i'll help you mom" I said tears starting to stream down my face.

"Good you can start now then. And i need to go buy somethings. I want to see that you have started when i come back" After saying that she left the house. My brother had left the house while I and mom were arguing so I was now alone in the house. I sighed loudly

"Okay i need to start then" I sat down on the floot next to the bags and pulled out a balloon a red one. I hesitantly started started to blow it up. Once it was blown up i tied it.

"Hey maybe I am silly? this is easy" A bit more relaxed I continued. I blew up about fifteen balloons. As i reached into the bag for the sixteenth I pulled out a yellow balloon and took a deep breath and blew. *Bang!* it popped and i flinched I started to tear up and soon enough I was crying. I stopped trying to blow up the balloons and instead went and hind in my room. I hid in my closet hoping my mom wouldn't find me. After about thirty miuntes i fell asleep. I awoke the next morning still in my closet where i fell asleep. I yawned and rubbed my eyes trying to wake up. After about ten minutes i opend the close door and looked out into my room.

My room was filled with balloons. They were everywhere. On the floor,on my bed,in my chair, there were even a few stuck on the walls and on the roof. I looked around my room and saw a note on my desk. I ignored it and went to the door. I reached my hoof up to the doorknob and twisted it.

"Why is the door locked?"

I went over to my desk and read the note that was lying there. The note said

"Dear Steam Tinker when i came home yesterday you had barely even started with your task and then i found you sleeping in your closet trying to hide. So since i had to finish your task i decided i would help you cure your stupid little phobia. So as you might have noticed the door is locked. The only way you are getting out is when every single balloon in your room has been popped so you better start or they will pop on their own sooner or later Signed your dearest mother"

At the bottom of the letter there was a pin. I fell down onto the floor and started to cry more than ever.

"I don't *Sniff* have a choice" I grabbed the pin in my left hoof and got ready. I slowly bent down to get closer to the balloons and quickly jabbed at one of them *POP* it popped and I began to cry more. It continued like this for several hours. Everytime i popped a balloon i had to sit down for five minutes and cry for a bit. After a long time I was almost done. There was only three of four balloons left. By now i was an emotional wreck. I was shacking and crying and I had given up. Only one balloon left. I approached it and popped it. I sighed in relief that it was over. Suddenly I heard my door opening and I was ready to get out of here. I saw my mother in the door opening.

"Mom I..I did it please let me out now" I saw her smile and I started to run over to the door but was suddenly stopped by my mother who shoved me backwards so i fell and landed on my butt.

"Why did you do that for mom?"

"What did i tell you yesterday? Help me blow up the balloons or by Celestia I will make you pop every single one! And you didn't help me so you choose your own punishment!" And with that said she moved ever more balloons into my room filling it again.

"And i don't want to hear you cry or make a single sound" And after that she slammed the door shut and locked it. I started to cry like i had never cried before. I cried through the whole day and night. Four days passed and I hadn't been allowed to leave my room. My mom only came with food but never said anything to me. On the fifth day I heard a knock on our front door and some shouting downstairs soon after I heard hoof stepps comming up the stairs and only a matter of seconds later somepony kicked my door open. It was the police. After they saw me i was quickly escorted out of the house. I never quiet understood what happend but i was place in an orphanage for sometime. But what i didn't know was that there were still worse things to come. My Globophobia never disapparead and I live with it still today.

Author's Note:

Yet another story based on events that has happend to me. I will just clarify that while most of this is true and i was indeed really badly treated by my mom for sometime im still living with them to this day and im as i stated before infact a Globophobic that was teased by my brother and parents aswell as many of my former friends. Like i try to always inform people if you ever meet anyone with globophobia be nice to them because this phobia is hell to live with.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment