• Published 2nd Nov 2011
  • 1,961 Views, 16 Comments

Legend of Rainbow Dash: Elements of Time - RandomPerson52



Rainbow Dash is having a normal day untill, Twilight say the need to go see Celestia. What may she n

  • ...
2
 16
 1,961

Chapter 4: Goron City

Its was finally a brand new day as the sun slowly rose over Kakariko Village. Villagers awoke to do their daily duties. Rainbow woke up to the cocka-doodle-doo of the rosters, to then be suprised with Night Shade in her face.

"Oh my Celestia... Please, just please, don't ever do that again..." She just wasn't in the mood for anything at the moment. She's never been used to waking up this early in the morning, while Night Shade was.

As in his home country, he and his father woke up at the crack of dawn, training the mares for wars and one-on-one battles. Mainly, as they knew Dash would soon discover her destiny. Night Shade knew at the moment his father, Dark Night, was preparing new soldiers for the arrival of the young hero and her crush.

"Well Dashie, ya can't stay in bed all day. C'mon, there's breakfast waiting for you on the table." NS was in a very cheerie mood, but Dash couldn't understand why. Maybe he did something nice for her?

Rainbow walked over to the table, she hadn't even heard him call her Dashie. her mind kept telling her to go to back to bed, though her stomach made the final decision. The rainbow-maned filly finished her food so she could hop back to bed and sleep for the next few hours. Dash was stopped from catching a few more z's by Twilight.

"So Rainbow, what's the next place on the map?" Dash groaned as took the map out of her cap.

"Uhg, fine... The closest place on the map is some place called... Death Mountain, ain't that dandy?"

"Well c'mon, get outta bed! We need to get going!" Twilight was as cheerie as Night Shade was before.

'What is wrong with these ponies?! I can't stand being up at this hour! Well if I do this, the day will end faster...' Dash thought to herself.

The cyan pegasus mare gathered everything they needed and headed out the door. Rainbow was just happy to find out that the entrance to Death Mountain was just across from where they spent the night. They were stopped by one of the royal gaurds, guarding the gate.

"Halt, who goes there?"

"Well, who in the hay do ya think it is? Nightmare Moon?"

"Uh Dash, I really don't think you should talk to a royal guard like that..." Sparkle was starting to get a little worried.

"You're little flying friend is right. I don't have to take you're cocky adittude miss. Now, what may you need?"

"Look, we need to get through there and I think we need to go to some place called...." Rainbow looked at the map and found a city. "Goron city. As you should know, I'm suppose to be the hero of Equestria."

The gaurd just started to laugh at her. "Aha ha ha ha! Do you really think I'm suppose to believe that? Still, you kids should go find some place else to play. Death Mountain is to dangerous for young ones like you. There's no way Celestia would EVER send a bunch of kids here!"

"Well Princess Celestia DID send me here, and I AM the hero of Equestria!" The guard just blankly stared at her. "Still don't believe me?" She pointed to NS. "This is Night Shade, he's supposed to be the new king of Bukarite, but he bailed on his dad and he's trying to reverse everything his dad has done. Along with me."

"Okay, fine, I believe you." The royal guard opened the gate. "You'll be sorry that I even let you in here when some creature comes out of nowhere, since you look like the kind of person that can get scared easly."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever..." Dash completely ignored him and trotted through the gate. Twilight and Shade began to follow her.

Dash was humming a song to herself as she trotted down the path. Eventually, she felt like she almost had a heart attack when a brightly colored mutant spider popped out of nowhere.

"HOLY CRAP!" Rainbow grabbed her chest because it felt like her heart almost jumped out.

She was able to catch her breath as the creature got closer and closer. This time, she didn't want to have NS feel like he's the one that's doing all of the work. She took a deep breath and pulled out her sword. She charged, jumped into the air, held the sword with the tip of the blade pointing down, shut her eyes tight, and let fate decide the rest. RD opened her eyes as soon as she felt land. She was amazed to discover that she had gotten rid of the spider.

"Yes!..." Rainbow felt proud of herself while Sparkle face-hoofed herself. "So c'mon you guys, we should hurry and get to the top."

The three went up the trail. "Ha! We'll get to Goron City in no... OW!... Time..." A rolling, light-brown, creature ran over RD.

"Rainbow, are you okay?" NS became worried.

"I dunno... At least I think so..." Night Shade helped Dashie onto her hooves.

At the end of the trail, they noticed a hole that looked like an entrance. The three trotted through the entrance and finally found themselves in Goron City.

"Huh... So this is Goron City? I imagined it a little bit bigger that this." Twilight was shocked by the results on how the city looked.

"Well, let's not mess around... I just wanna get this day over and done with." The cyan pegasus flew down to the lowest level of the city.

To her left, she saw what looked like a cloth covering a hole. Rainbow became curious and went through it as Shade and Sparkle followed. At the end they noticed a Goron, but he looked alot bigger than the rest.

"Uh.... Excuse me, but uh.... Who are you?" Rainbow became nervous as he look like he could beat the hay out of her, if he wanted.

"I am the king of the Gorons. Who may you be?"

"I-I'm Rainbow Dash, this is Night Shade, and this is my friend Twilight Sparkle."

"Ahhh, Rainbow Dash. I've been waiting for you, Celestia has told me much about you. As for one, she had said that you'd be showing up here sooner or later. I have a gift for you that you'll need on your quest... On one condition..."

"Of coarse, what may that be you're highness?" It felt weird to Dash on how that he didn't even rule over her.

"Come back here later with the Song of the Forest and I'll give you you're reward."

"Wait, Song of the Forest? The only forest in Equestria is the... Oh no... Not the Everfree Forest!"

"Yes now, run along and hurry. I'll be waiting here for you to return."

The three made their way out of the city as RD's jaw still looked like it was going to touch the ground, along with Twilight. NS thought they were nuts.

'What could be so scary about a place called the Everfree Forest?' Night Shade thought to himself. 'It sounds kinda nice...'

Comments ( 3 )
#1 · Dec 5th, 2011 · · ·

Why I can finish this story in ten minutes flat?:duck::unsuresweetie::pinkiesmile:

I lol at the fact that rainbow is scared of spiders :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment